Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R.I.P. Jarque
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
mishie
Espanyol captain Daniel Jarque has died after he suffered a heart attack following a training session, the club have confirmed in a statement.

The 26-year-old midfielder had been training in Coverciano, Italy, where the squad are on a pre-season camp.

Club doctors and Italian paramedics tried to revive Jarque without success.

His death comes two years after Sevilla defender Antonio Puerta, 22, died of heart failure after collapsing during a Spanish league game.

another loss to the game
han2503
RIP

But what is up with the Spanish players dying due to heart related problems??
Bluesummers
RIP
kurtsimonw
RIP.

Has it got anything to do with the weather I wonder, because all these seem to be happening in the summer. Which is why I never understood the winter break, surely playing in the winter is better than playing in the summer!
TriniKing_CE
This must be so disheartening for Espanyol fans. (aside from his family & friends already obviously)

RIP
Zed.D
This is disheartening for everyone who loves the beautiful game. RIP.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 9 2009, 05:14 AM) *
RIP.

Has it got anything to do with the weather I wonder, because all these seem to be happening in the summer. Which is why I never understood the winter break, surely playing in the winter is better than playing in the summer!

DANIEL JARQUE: MILAN'S CONDOLENCES

8/8/2009

MILAN - The club and fans of A.C. Milan are close to the Jarque family after the sudden loss of Daniel Jarque. The 26-year-old midfielder, captain of Espanyol, was at the Coverciano training camp with his team. The player apparently had a heart attack while on the phone with his girlfriend in his room.

Ry4n
R.I.P

han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 9 2009, 05:40 AM) *
DANIEL JARQUE: MILAN'S CONDOLENCES

8/8/2009

MILAN - The club and fans of A.C. Milan are close to the Jarque family after the sudden loss of Daniel Jarque. The 26-year-old midfielder, captain of Espanyol, was at the Coverciano training camp with his team. The player apparently had a heart attack while on the phone with his girlfriend in his room.

Hmmm. Its so strange, you'd think that a professional athlete wouldn't suffer something like this so suddenly, and if he had a heart condition wouldn't you assume that the club would have found out before it reached this point?
kurtsimonw
Yeah, very odd. I presumed when I read it that it happened during training when his heart woud be working hard/under stress. In any case, very, very sad. RIP. sad.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 9 2009, 03:44 AM) *
RIP.

Ahem...wrong drugs...we shouldn't be arrogant and think football is not infected by doping...

Anyways, RIP.
han2503
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 9 2009, 02:32 PM) *
Ahem...wrong drugs...we shouldn't be arrogant and think football is not infected by doping...

Anyways, RIP.

Exactly what I was thinking. Every player works in those conditions kurt, a man at the age of 26 and is supposed to be in peak physcial condition shouldn't just drop dead because of a heart attack that supposedly came out of nowhere.

Drugs cause sudden heart failure, the summer heat isn't a cause, if that was the case every player in pre-season could be struck down at any moment, or any athlete in that case
dst
Dirty Italian cheaters, their players keep falling down because they stuff them with drugs!

Oh wait this has not happened in Italy so you're NOT going to hear that... rolleyes.gif

edit: oh wait this did happen on Italian ground so you might still hear the above.
LaPalma
You only fall down if your medical supervision isn't good. Doping IS very dangerous though. Just read some coverage on doping during the Tour de France. The drivers could have died any night.
Suhail 3
R.I.P I ve seen alot of espanyol fans in barcelona center with r.i.p jarque on there shirt im only here till tuesday but a really beautiful city indeed may post some pics when im back home in england smile.gif tc peeps wink.gif and once again R.I.P JARQUE
nuh
R.I.P
Zed.D
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 9 2009, 06:02 PM) *

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 9 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Exactly
what I was thinking. Every player works in those conditions kurt, a man
at the age of 26 and is supposed to be in peak physcial condition
shouldn't just drop dead because of a heart attack that supposedly came
out of nowhere.

Drugs cause sudden heart failure, the summer
heat isn't a cause, if that was the case every player in pre-season
could be struck down at any moment, or any athlete in that case

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 10 2009, 02:29 PM) *
Dirty Italian cheaters, their players keep falling down because they stuff them with drugs!

Oh wait this has not happened in Italy so you're NOT going to hear that... rolleyes.gif

edit: oh wait this did happen on Italian ground so you might still hear the above.

Jarque: autopsy excludes drugs and doping. Cordoglio dalla Figc Condolences from Figc

Si è da poco conclusa l'autopsia sul cadavere di Daniel Jarque, capitano dell'Espanyol deceduto sabato scorso nel centro tecnico di Coverciano, dove si stava allenando con la sua squadra in vista di un' amichevole da disputare contro il Bologna. Has just completed the autopsy on the corpse of Daniel Jarque, captain dell'Espanyol died last Saturday in the Technical Center of Coverciano, where he was practicing with his team in preparation for a 'friendly to wrangle against Bologna. L'esame autoptico ha escluso l'influenza di droghe o sostanze dopanti sul decesso, mentre rimane da appurare l'assenza di patologie cardiache, che potrebbero non essere state riscontrate nei test di inizio stagione. The autopsy examination has excluded the influence of drugs or drugs on death, while it remains to ascertain the absence of heart disease, which may not have been found in tests of the beginning of the season. Sotto questo aspetto, lo staff medico iberico sottolinea che gli esami preliminari sono stati accuratissimi, sicchè, tra le varie ipotesi in considerazione, si fa strada quella di un'infezione virale, origine di una miocardite letale. In this respect, the medical staff iberico emphasizes that preliminary tests have been accurate, so, among other assumptions into account, there is an infection of the viral origin of a fatal myocarditis. La salma di Jarque è ancora all'Ospedale "Cariggi" di Firenze e sarà restitiuito ai familiari, come stabilito dalla Procura toscana, soltanto al termine di tutti gli esami medici legali. Jarque's body is still the Hospital "Cariggi" in Florence and will be restitiuito family, as determined by the Attorney toscana, only after all medical conditions.

Intanto, la Figc ha inviato un telegramma di cordoglio alla famiglia dello sfortunato atleta, mentre a Barcellona, presso il Cornelia-El Prat , tana della seconda squadra catalana, una folla di tifosi e sportivi ripone fiori, lettere e candele in ricordo del capitano dell'Espanyol Meanwhile, the Figc sent a telegram of condolences to the family of the unfortunate athlete, while in Barcelona, at the Cornelia-El Prat, lair of the second Catalan team, a crowd of fans and athletes placed flowers, letters and candles in memory of the master of 'Espanyol

http://milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=10679

QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Aug 10 2009, 03:49 PM) *
R.I.P
I ve seen alot of espanyol fans in barcelona center with r.i.p jarque
on there shirt im only here till tuesday but a really beautiful city
indeed may post some pics when im back home in england smile.gif tc peeps wink.gif and once again R.I.P JARQUE

Looking forward to that wink.gif
dst
Do you really believe this Zed?
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 10 2009, 07:29 PM) *

Well if the autopsy results say there wasn't any doping involved you have to be inclined to believe them, why would an Italian pathologist issue false results on a Spanish player's autopsy?

Although it does still seem strange to me as I don't expect a professional athlete to just suddenly drop dead with a heart attack...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 10 2009, 08:29 PM) *

I do. I don't think they'd lie about such a matter. The reason being that if drugs were involved and they lied then it won't be able to help create awareness or make attempts to stop this kind of thing.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2009, 08:52 AM) *
Although it does still seem strange to me as I don't expect a professional athlete to just suddenly drop dead with a heart attack...

O'Donnell did, Puerta didn't immediately, but it was still the cause of death. Same goes for the player in Africa last year (or the year before).
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 11 2009, 07:55 AM) *
O'Donnell did, Puerta didn't immediately, but it was still the cause of death. Same goes for the player in Africa last year (or the year before).

Yes but you have to look at what caused these, if there were underlieing conditions with the heart or it was just a sudden heart attack.

I don't know the details of all these cases so I'm not going to say more.

But this should be a lesson to clubs to be more thourough in their medical checks, because if its not doping then it has to be something that was already there to begin with
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2009, 09:01 AM) *
Yes but you have to look at what caused these, if there were underlieing conditions with the heart or it was just a sudden heart attack.

Neither of them have a medical condition. It's a known fact that heat dramtically increases the risk of a heat stroke or heart-attack and unsurprisingly every single heart related death in football that I know of has happened during the summer months.

But I agree that clubs should be more thourough with their checks, it is something that should be taken very seriously.
LaPalma
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2009, 09:52 AM) *
Well if the autopsy results say there wasn't any doping involved you have to be inclined to believe them, why would an Italian pathologist issue false results on a Spanish player's autopsy?

For the same reason a British, German or whatever doc would do it. Money, he's enmeshed himself...Plus, most substances these days are so good that you can't even trace them.
Also, I believe in coincidence...but so many? No chance.
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 11 2009, 11:27 AM) *
For the same reason a British, German or whatever doc would do it. Money, he's enmeshed himself...Plus, most substances these days are so good that you can't even trace them.
Also, I believe in coincidence...but so many? No chance.

I have tiny doubt that this is drug related... and only because I don't want to be dogmatic.
kurtsimonw
Let's just say we disagree and leave it at that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.