Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New signings
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
dst
Will there be anything new at Milan next season?

Note: Thiago Silva does not count.
Milan Are Brilliant
I'm actually going to be slightly optimistic and stick my neck out and say we will sign more than 3. I'm not saying they are going to be good signings though!
Zed.D
We will certainly sign some players, they just can't sell Kaka and don't bring at least one good attacker. but I too am not sure if all our signings will be good ones.
han2503
2 singings, one will hopefully be Dzeko and the other either has the potential to be a class player or a 17 year old nobody from Brazil that they'll say is a great prospect but loan him in January once they realise he's cr@p at the whole playing football thing...
Zed.D
^^ But we can't sign two non-EU players can we?
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 24 2009, 02:03 PM) *
^^ But we can't sign two non-EU players can we?

No but they'll manage to find some mediocre Brazilian or Argentine with an EU passport rolleyes.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 24 2009, 01:48 PM) *
Will there be anything new at Milan next season?

Yes, there's going to be a new restaurant for sure, although Galliani declined and said "We're fine as we are."
Bluesummers
Yeah we'll sign about 6-7 players.

Medical staff will go missing LOL! Vote [check]
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 24 2009, 11:27 PM) *
Yes, there's going to be a new restaurant for sure, although Galliani declined and said "We're fine as we are."

biggrin.gif It could happen.
amancik
I'm certain that Abate and Di Gennaro will be staying at Milan this season.
I have a good feeling that we're gonna see something positively different about Milan this season.
We have injected some pace into the midfield area which in my opinion is something we lacked with the previous era.

(4-3-3)

Abbiati
Zambrotta - Nesta - Thiago Silva - Cissokho
Flamini - (Pirlo/CM) - Ambrosini
Abate - (Pato/Dzeko) - Ronaldinho

(4-3-2-1)

Abbiati
Flamini - (Pirlo/CM) - Ambrosini
Ronaldinho - (Di Gennaro/Pato)
Dzeko

(4-2-2-2)

Abbiati
Flamini - (Gattuso/Ambrosini)
Abate - (Ronaldinho/Di Gennaro)
Pato - Dzeko

(4-2-3-1)

Abbiati
(Abate/Pato) - Ronaldinho - Di Gennaro
Dzeko

I am confident that we are going to bring another young winger/midfielder with pace and good technique.
So far I think we're in the right track to rebuilding the team, we may not be a powerhouse now, but with our players still young and improving, we might well see the light in not too distant future.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (amancik @ Jun 27 2009, 03:50 PM) *
(4-2-3-1)

Abbiati
(Abate/Pato) - Ronaldinho - Di Gennaro
Dzeko

Would be nice to see Milan use this formation, it's been a while since you've used something modern since we never use wingers!
amancik
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 27 2009, 11:56 PM) *
Would be nice to see Milan use this formation, it's been a while since you've used something modern since we never use wingers!

well since we're rebuilding for the future why not try something new, I mean if Milan can adapt to 2 or more different formations, I think that would be a good advantage. Abate is clearly a winger, while Di Gennaro can play W, SS and CAM, same goes with Ronaldinho.
han2503
Abate and Di Gennaro? Not good enough to start for Milan

And what pace havewe injected into our midfield? Removed Kaka and replaced him with Di Gennaro? rolleyes.gif
amancik
No, for me Di Gennaro is a replacement for Seedorf, that's why I said that. While Abate is another player in the squad with pace. However, I did say that I am confident we are going to bring another young talent to replace Kaka's position.

Of course at this point most may say Abate and Di Gennaro aren't good enough. Yes, Milan aren't what they used to be. We're no longer spending millions for highly-talented players but this is a start of a new cycle; using homegrown talents instead of buying foreigners. At the same time, they can grow and develop to become better players and who knows maybe world class players. That might be good for Azzurri as well in the future.

I'm not saying I'm happy with our current transfer market situation. Frankly, far from it. But I am beginning to accept the new strategy. Perhaps if we bring at least 2 world class players for F and M and 1 decent player for D then I'll be satisfied.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (amancik @ Jun 28 2009, 06:19 PM) *
I'm not saying I'm happy with our current transfer market situation. Frankly, far from it. But I am beginning to accept the new strategy. Perhaps if we bring at least 2 world class players for F and M and 1 decent player for D then I'll be satisfied.

Ditto. I'm fast reconciling to the situation we are in. I think we all should.
han2503
QUOTE (amancik @ Jun 28 2009, 11:49 AM) *
No, for me Di Gennaro is a replacement for Seedorf, that's why I said that. While Abate is another player in the squad with pace. However, I did say that I am confident we are going to bring another young talent to replace Kaka's position.

Of course at this point most may say Abate and Di Gennaro aren't good enough. Yes, Milan aren't what they used to be. We're no longer spending millions for highly-talented players but this is a start of a new cycle; using homegrown talents instead of buying foreigners. At the same time, they can grow and develop to become better players and who knows maybe world class players. That might be good for Azzurri as well in the future.

atm our only hope of signing a real good player that has the potential to become world class is hanging on by a thread. Wolfsburg don't want to sell Dzeko and atm, with Milan's reluctance to show them some real money then they won't budge.

And what other world class players do you see them bringing in? They're going to sell Pirlo and replace him with some mediocre player from some mid table team. And we all know there will be no more moves for the defence as we have like a new signing now that Favalli has renewed rolleyes.gif

All this new cycle talk is all BS. A new cycle? Yes, a new cycle towards mediocrity, because this is what our management are heading us into. Di Gennaro has no business replacing anyone on our team, its ridiculous to think that he might actually have some impact. If we wanted to really replace Seedorf we would get a midfielder like Sneijder, Melo, Hernanes, Hamsik. Not a 3rd rate trequartista... And Abate? He's not good enough to play as part of a 3 man attack, he's not that type of player. And I doubt he's going to get that much playing time.

You know, its really no wonder that they did not bring in a world class coach, because no one but someone from the inside like Leo would accept this cr@p. Now we've been reduced to a team that hopes for 3rd place before the season even starts, that's the type of new cycle we're walking into
amancik
I don't think any Milan fan at the moment is content with the way things are. No doubt in my mind that every one of us wants to see Dzeko, Hernanes, David Silva or Hamsik just to name a few. But with current economic circumstance every one who looks "decent" or "good" will cost you at least £15 million. I mean who the heck is Cissokho? I never heard of him b4 or Dzeko for that matter. Yes he looks promising but he's unproven in the biggest stage and already priced at 30 millions euros?..We don't know for sure he's gonna live up to the "price tag" let alone his potential.

Basically my point is, all these happen because Silvio isn't willing to cash in into the club anymore. But what can we do?, I mean can we even force him to sell Milan?. Do we dare to cross the Godfather?. I realize that we're not ready for the biggest stage yet bcuz of our spendings so far. But I will remain optimistic, unless Milan sell more of their best players i.e. Pirlo, Pato, Gattuso.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 28 2009, 07:38 PM) *
atm our only hope of signing a real good player that has the potential to become world class is hanging on by a thread. Wolfsburg don't want to sell Dzeko and atm, with Milan's reluctance to show them some real money then they won't budge.

And what other world class players do you see them bringing in? They're going to sell Pirlo and replace him with some mediocre player from some mid table team. And we all know there will be no more moves for the defence as we have like a new signing now that Favalli has renewed rolleyes.gif

All this new cycle talk is all BS. A new cycle? Yes, a new cycle towards mediocrity, because this is what our management are heading us into. Di Gennaro has no business replacing anyone on our team, its ridiculous to think that he might actually have some impact. If we wanted to really replace Seedorf we would get a midfielder like Sneijder, Melo, Hernanes, Hamsik. Not a 3rd rate trequartista... And Abate? He's not good enough to play as part of a 3 man attack, he's not that type of player. And I doubt he's going to get that much playing time.

You know, its really no wonder that they did not bring in a world class coach, because no one but someone from the inside like Leo would accept this cr@p. Now we've been reduced to a team that hopes for 3rd place before the season even starts, that's the type of new cycle we're walking into

Would it be too much to think we might turn into the old 'original' Juve? The ones who had all the homegrown talent, yet could splash when they needed to?

Or the 'correct' Arsenal. The ones who promote the youth, are careful with the books, yet don't have a heavy stadium fee to pay every year. I mean if we wanted to, we could just build a new stadium , hand over naming rights, and get back into the big league again. Galliani already wanted this, once again Silvio blocked it, talking about an empty cathedral.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Would it be too much to think we might turn into the old 'original' Juve? The ones who had all the homegrown talent, yet could splash when they needed to?

Or the 'correct' Arsenal. The ones who promote the youth, are careful with the books, yet don't have a heavy stadium fee to pay every year. I mean if we wanted to, we could just build a new stadium , hand over naming rights, and get back into the big league again. Galliani already wanted this, once again Silvio blocked it, talking about an empty cathedral.

Aside from Maldini and Baresi can you really think of 1 other player that broke into the first team and became a star from the primavera.

It's easy to say we could be the next Juve by promoting our youngsters. But fact is, we do not have Giovinco, Aquilani, De Rossi waiting to break into the team. We don't even buy quality youngsters from foreign countries like Arsenal do.

And its not like we're going to splash any cash on any top rated player any time soon, not with the way things are going, so yes it is hard to see us turning into the old Juve.

And about the stadium, personally I am against trading in the San Siro, for some sponser named stadium. But our management should discuss things with Inter and try to come in agreement with them and buy San Siro off the city council. That way 100% of profits generated through the stadium will go to the club
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 28 2009, 09:00 PM) *
Aside from Maldini and Baresi can you really think of 1 other player that broke into the first team and became a star from the primavera.

It's easy to say we could be the next Juve by promoting our youngsters. But fact is, we do not have Giovinco, Aquilani, De Rossi waiting to break into the team. We don't even buy quality youngsters from foreign countries like Arsenal do.

And its not like we're going to splash any cash on any top rated player any time soon, not with the way things are going, so yes it is hard to see us turning into the old Juve.

And about the stadium, personally I am against trading in the San Siro, for some sponser named stadium. But our management should discuss things with Inter and try to come in agreement with them and buy San Siro off the city council. That way 100% of profits generated through the stadium will go to the club

Not yet. But that's what Galliani's talk mentions. That the primavera shall get a renewed focus. If nothing it shall bring in funds by selling B-level players to other clubs.

Of course with this new course we can't expect success, but when the shite hits the fan and I'm sure it will, Milan will still be left standing due to this prudent approach.

I have nothing against Madrid splashing cash if it were 'their' money. But it isn't. It's taken through the banks, without any pledge or anything. It's just an unlimited credit line.

Consider a man, who's got a 56 inch HDTV, all the latest tech gadgets and the flashiest car(s), except he bought it all through credit card...now is that man really a success? Sooner or later he's gonna have to pay it back.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Not yet. But that's what Galliani's talk mentions. That the primavera shall get a renewed focus. If nothing it shall bring in funds by selling B-level players to other clubs.

Of course with this new course we can't expect success, but when the shite hits the fan and I'm sure it will, Milan will still be left standing due to this prudent approach.

I have nothing against Madrid splashing cash if it were 'their' money. But it isn't. It's taken through the banks, without any pledge or anything. It's just an unlimited credit line.

Consider a man, who's got a 56 inch HDTV, all the latest tech gadgets and the flashiest car(s), except he bought it all through credit card...now is that man really a success? Sooner or later he's gonna have to pay it back.

Hay man, plastic money is the new sha!te!! Everyones doin' it smoke.gif beersmiley1.gif

And I may have paid that HDTV with money that I don't actually have but I'll experiance the great viewing pleasure instantly, and you're the loser who's still saving up for it while wathing TV on your old set. It's the way it is today, so either get with it, or be the guy that no one wants to go to your place to watch the weekend game.

Personally I don't see our situation improving anytime soon, some clubs have great academies, like Barca, Roma, Juve, etc Milan sadly is not one of them because they always took it for granted, now that we're in this situation its too late to start relying on it now. So its either buy from outside sources or fail.

Do you really think Abate and Di Gennaro are even good enough to be on our bench? Let alone replacing Kaka. Its just not a realistic way to go forward.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 28 2009, 10:25 PM) *
Hay man, plastic money is the new sha!te!! Everyones doin' it smoke.gif beersmiley1.gif

And I may have paid that HDTV with money that I don't actually have but I'll experiance the great viewing pleasure instantly, and you're the loser who's still saving up for it while wathing TV on your old set. It's the way it is today, so either get with it, or be the guy that no one wants to go to your place to watch the weekend game.

Personally I don't see our situation improving anytime soon, some clubs have great academies, like Barca, Roma, Juve, etc Milan sadly is not one of them because they always took it for granted, now that we're in this situation its too late to start relying on it now. So its either buy from outside sources or fail.

Do you really think Abate and Di Gennaro are even good enough to be on our bench? Let alone replacing Kaka. Its just not a realistic way to go forward.

Until it becomes clear that the man can't afford his bills. wink.gif While the other bloke has the benefit of an excellent credit history to get a great loan should the need arise.

Are Abate and Di Gennaro that good? I don't know. I had the same thoughts on Gourcuff which was considered unpopular. I'd hold judgement this time lest I make the same mistake again.

You're being negative....I don't want to. Maybe I'm hiding my head in the sand...but whatever...it's football..it's one of the few areas where you can afford to do just that. There are no prizes to be won for being 'realistic' or being 'proven right'.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 07:02 PM) *
You're being negative....I don't want to. Maybe I'm hiding my head in the sand...but whatever...it's football..it's one of the few areas where you can afford to do just that. There are no prizes to be won for being 'realistic' or being 'proven right'.

There's something we call teams who try to live off their revenue here, we call them 'League 1 or League 2 teams'. I think you'll struggle to find a team that has no debt/only spends revenue in the top division of a top league. Even Barca don't have their own money, they're run by the fans aren't they?
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 07:02 PM) *
Until it becomes clear that the man can't afford his bills. wink.gif While the other bloke has the benefit of an excellent credit history to get a great loan should the need arise.

Are Abate and Di Gennaro that good? I don't know. I had the same thoughts on Gourcuff which was considered unpopular. I'd hold judgement this time lest I make the same mistake again.

Yes but while I'm experiancing the HDTV now, you'll get to experiance it when the magic of it is gone. And its really not great credit history when you're spending all your money on cheap popcorn while wathing TV on your old set. Which is basically what Milan are doing, they're eating stale bread in order to save cash but over spending on cheap wine...

Please lets not even open the can of worms that is Gourcuff, because that was a mistake from start to end, first Carlo's mismanagement of the player and then our genius directors making probably one of the most ridiculous deals in history. Had we not included that clause in the loan deal, that would have been one head ache already taken care of. And had Yoann been treated better by Carlo to begin with he would have wanted to come back. The fact he chose Bordeaux over Milan says it all really. And I think its obvious in what category Abate and Di Gennaro fall under and its certainly not Milan quality. Milan has been reduced to a team that aims to creep into 3rd or 4th. But with the team they're building we'll barely make it to the UEFA Cup positions. That's what Milan has been reduced to. Because Milan or any other club for that matter, especially the ones in Italy cannot survive without some sort outside source that is investing money into it.

Its not being negative when its the reality we are in. Milan never had a great youth academy that generates top players, we've always relied on Silvio putting in his cash and buying our players. So its ridiculous for them now to start relying on an academy that is not good enough. Its unrealistic to think that you're going to start producing oil when you built a milk factory...
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2009, 07:14 PM) *
There's something we call teams who try to live off their revenue here, we call them 'League 1 or League 2 teams'. I think you'll struggle to find a team that has no debt/only spends revenue in the top division of a top league. Even Barca don't have their own money, they're run by the fans aren't they?

THANKYOU!!!

Especially when you're in Italy...
Jack Sparrow
It's one thing to take a loan for an immediate finance of something for instance one huge transfer.

But consider a club like Manchester with about 70% of it's total asset value as debt. Can you really condone this?
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 07:30 PM) *
It's one thing to take a loan for an immediate finance of something for instance one huge transfer.

But consider a club like Manchester with about 70% of it's total asset value as debt. Can you really condone this?

Why not?

They're winning aren't they? And there fans are happy about it....
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 07:30 PM) *

I don't agree with it..

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 28 2009, 07:32 PM) *
Why not?

They're winning aren't they? And there fans are happy about it....

..but this is true.

I think the only way FIFA can stop this mad money flying all over the place is to install some sort of Worldwide budget. It would mean teams like Man City can't buy everyone and it would drive down prices. Unfortunately it will never, ever happen. American sports have it the right way, except for maybe baseball, and it createst a somewhat level playing field, in football it's very difficult to catch up once you fall behind.

As a Villa fan and our many decades under Doug Ellis, I can tell you how frustrating it can be to do things the 'right way'. We went from European Champions to being relegated in 5 years because we wanted to do things right and work with no debt. Throughout my whole life we've barely spent and tried to be good guys, where has it got us? I'd happily bring on a huge debt if it meant we could win again, I don't really care what others think of us, and I'd happily see Milan go the same way, it would be disaster if this club turned 'average' because of it's unwillingness to spend.
Jack Sparrow
The fans will love it, just like the blokes from Leeds United did...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 07:44 PM) *
The fans will love it, just like the blokes from Leeds United did...

Talk to Gretna fans, they'd love to be in Leeds position. Better to have spent big and be poor than not exist at all.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2009, 06:38 PM) *
I don't agree with it..

..but this is true.

I think the only way FIFA can stop this mad money flying all over the place is to install some sort of Worldwide budget. It would mean teams like Man City can't buy everyone and it would drive down prices. Unfortunately it will never, ever happen. American sports have it the right way, except for maybe baseball, and it createst a somewhat level playing field, in football it's very difficult to catch up once you fall behind.

As a Villa fan and our many decades under Doug Ellis, I can tell you how frustrating it can be to do things the 'right way'. We went from European Champions to being relegated in 5 years because we wanted to do things right and work with no debt. Throughout my whole life we've barely spent and tried to be good guys, where has it got us? I'd happily bring on a huge debt if it meant we could win again, I don't really care what others think of us, and I'd happily see Milan go the same way, it would be disaster if this club turned 'average' because of it's unwillingness to spend.

100% agreed with you
Jack Sparrow
It's not the same thing. Our problem is not a lack of finance..it's a lack of huge finance.

You know Milan and Villa have been pretty much spending the same amounts these past couple of years. I'm not trying to say one club is better or anything...just the huge difference between Italy and England.

han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 07:05 PM) *
It's not the same thing. Our problem is not a lack of finance..it's a lack of huge finance.

You know Milan and Villa have been pretty much spending the same amounts these past couple of years. I'm not trying to say one club is better or anything...just the huge difference between Italy and England.

Yes atm Jack it is 0 finance. Because without Silvio we have nothiing left to spend once all the bills have been paid, infact after that we'de probably be in the red. Which is what has happened thus needing to sell our players...
Jack Sparrow
Yeah. So now the Kaka sale has wiped it out. We're desperately slashing wage bills. In other words, if we can't make a profit at least let's not make a loss kind of thing.

The primavera is being looked at as both a cost cutter as well as a revenue generator. What I'm trying to say, is I'm resigned to the fact that we'll no longer have the biggest and brightest playing for us as a matter of choice. That it will take us some time for this model to become sustaining enough for us to go back to being protagonists.

I also accept that with Silvio's mindset, nothing else can be done. Do I wish things can be different? Sure. But seeing as how there's not a lot I can do about Silvio..I'd rather accept it ASAP than spend time complaining.

han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2009, 07:14 PM) *
Yeah. So now the Kaka sale has wiped it out. We're desperately slashing wage bills. In other words, if we can't make a profit at least let's not make a loss kind of thing.

The primavera is being looked at as both a cost cutter as well as a revenue generator. What I'm trying to say, is I'm resigned to the fact that we'll no longer have the biggest and brightest playing for us as a matter of choice. That it will take us some time for this model to become sustaining enough for us to go back to being protagonists.

I also accept that with Silvio's mindset, nothing else can be done. Do I wish things can be different? Sure. But seeing as how there's not a lot I can do about Silvio..I'd rather accept it ASAP than spend time complaining.

Yes but what happens when next year comes along and we're in the red again because Silvio does not want to put in anymore money? There won't be Kaka to sell. Oh right we'll sell Pato, but what happens when we have no other great players to sell? It would be ok if we're really going to implement this thing in a serious manner, but we're removing our best players while the rotten fruit of the team still remain. By selling Kaka only and keeping our old, high wage earning players we're still going to encounter the same problem next season.

And again with the primavera. What are we doin? sending our own players on co-ownership deals and buying them a season later for 3 times what we got in co-ownership... To me that's bad management and why would you do that when you're constantly compalaining about lack of money.

It's not about accepting reality and not complaining Jack. Should things be done right then I would not complain, as I know the management are actually doing what is best for the team. But they're losing money left, right and center because of their own mistakes, all the while complaining about it, and then covering it up by selling Kaka and Pirlo. The management is harming this club and not just by Silvio not investing his money anymore, but by making bad decisions all across the board and then trying to cover up those decisions by selling the clubs best assets and blaming it on Italy's TAX system, a TAX system that the club's owner himself approved...

Personally I cannot just accept this without complaining, because these people are harming the club that I love
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 28 2009, 08:28 PM) *
Yes but what happens when next year comes along and we're in the red again because Silvio does not want to put in anymore money?

It really is a big problem. Almost every football club works with a loss, particularly in Italy where they don't have big tv deals, so where are our ransfer funds going to come from if Silvio has no input? The only way is to sell players.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 28 2009, 07:33 PM) *
It really is a big problem. Almost every football club works with a loss, particularly in Italy where they don't have big tv deals, so where are our ransfer funds going to come from if Silvio has no input? The only way is to sell players.

We'd be selling players just to get out of the red every year.

With this strategy transfers would practically become out of the question. Which is what's being implied by Galliani...
mishie
wages thats the biggest problem....with the likes of Man.City and Madrid paying and offering stupid amounts of money the only thing i can see Milan being able to offer at the moment is the clubs prestige.

But how long before that becomes a memory..wage caps...squad limits all these ideas would help the bigger clubs bit of course none of these will ever happen.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishie @ Jul 4 2009, 11:27 PM) *
But how long before that becomes a memory..wage caps...squad limits all these ideas would help the bigger clubs bit of course none of these will ever happen.

It's a shame really. UEFA could force the rules and regulations upon clubs, but they're too greedy themselves and wouldn't want the likes of United/Madrid not being as succesful due to wage caps and the like. Oh well. sad.gif
Protagonist
I think it is inevitable that wage caps will be enforced on teams participating in UEFA, just like the US did in certain sports. This issue is in its initial stages, but it is my belief that action will be taken in the foreseeable future.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Protogonist @ Jul 5 2009, 02:38 PM) *
I think it is inevitable that wage caps will be enforced on teams participating in UEFA, just like the US did in certain sports. This issue is in its initial stages, but it is my belief that action will be taken in the foreseeable future.

Haven't US sports had it for a while though? I think you need to bring these things before things go out of hand, not after and this is the problem football will face. You'll have teams like United/Barca/Madrid/etc who will be against this and probably threaten to leave UEFA and their domestic league if it goes ahead.
Protagonist
To be honest, I don't believe those teams will be against it, for the sole reason that Real Madrid have disturbed the balance this summer. It is all fine and dandy that Madrid, the #1 team in the world go out there and attract the best, but it is another thing all together when they go out there breaking transfer records. In terms of Manchester United and Barcalona, it is my belief that players would aspire to play for those teams, if anything for their status within the football world.

Take an example from the Manchester City and Eto'o scenario. Surely, not for sporting purposes, because a two time Champions League winner would aspire to playing for a team like Manchester United and not City.

In conclusion, I believe that such an action from UEFA's part would level the playing field and allow for teams like Milan, Manchester United, Juventus, Inter, Barcalona and even Madrid to depend a great deal on their names.
kurtsimonw
I think the reason they'd be against is is because it'd limit the amount of great players they could have, while allowing other teams more great players.. like you said, it'd create a level playing field, why would a top team be happy with this? I think there would be opposition to it, but it'll never happen. UEFA are too greedy and wouldn't want to weaken there top, money-making, clubs.
Protagonist
From my perspective, a top team would be happy with this because it would mean that the team could depend on its name. Like Manchester United; what player wouldn't want to play for them? Or Barcalona?

But if UEFA doesn't enforce those rules, then players would head to Manchester City instead of Manchester United, because City pays more, etc.

On the other hand, I see where you are coming from, and UEFA might not follow through because of the exact opposite of whats above.

mishie
The other issue to contend with is the E.U work laws which obviously don't apply in the U.S.
restriction of trade and other employment laws are all a factor and to be honest money is only a issue when it comes to the EPL dominating when Madrid spend in excess of €125m on 2 players its good because its shows that football is in a healthy state according to Mr.Blatter.

the only hope i have is that things will go the way of Serie A in the 90's when clubs practically bankrupted themselves to buy players before sense took hold and financial rules where put in place.
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ Jul 5 2009, 07:57 PM) *
The other issue to contend with is the E.U work laws which obviously don't apply in the U.S.
restriction of trade and other employment laws are all a factor and to be honest money is only a issue when it comes to the EPL dominating when Madrid spend in excess of €125m on 2 players its good because its shows that football is in a healthy state according to Mr.Blatter.

the only hope i have is that things will go the way of Serie A in the 90's when clubs practically bankrupted themselves to buy players before sense took hold and financial rules where put in place.

Agreed.

Hopefully the rugs will get taken out from under EPL and La Liga teams sooner rather than later.
Habitant
Full name Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
Date of birth 12 August 1983 (1983-08-12) (age 25)
Place of birth Drempt, Netherlands
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position Striker

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (born 12 August 1983) is a Dutch footballer who plays as a striker for Serie A club Milan and the Dutch national team. Huntelaar is a classic "number 9" striker with good technique and athleticism, who can score all types of goals with either feet and with his head. He has been compared in playing style to Marco van Basten and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Bayern Munich coach and former Dutch national team coach Louis van Gaal has been quoted saying about the player "in the penalty box, he is the best player in the world, bar none." Nicknamed 'The Hunter',[5] Huntelaar played previously for PSV, De Graafschap, AGOVV Apeldoorn, SC Heerenveen, AFC Ajax, before joining Real Madrid in January 2009.

Named Dutch Football Talent of the Year and Ajax "Player of the Year" in 2006, Huntelaar was a part of the Dutch side that won the 2006 UEFA U-21 Championship where he became the tournament's leading goalscorer. He was also named as one of two strikers in the UEFA Team of the Tournament. He is the all-time top scorer of the Netherlands U-21 national team with 18 goals in 22 appearances. In domestic competition he finished top scorer in the Eredivisie 2005–06 and 2007–08 seasons.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

btw he'll turn 26 on the 12th
pacang

saw in a video he scored against inter.. during his ajax days..

whoever scored against inter is a good singing imo..
MizNelson
Well, it's now official - Roma in, Kalac out, as acmilan.com reported this afternoon. One crusty GK exchanged for another.
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 13 2009, 01:19 AM) *
Well, it's now official - Roma in, Kalac out, as acmilan.com reported this afternoon. One crusty GK exchanged for another.

Well atleast he's better then Kalac...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.