Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pato set for talks with Ancelotti
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
Alexandre Pato has revealed he will speak to new Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti before deciding whether he will stay at AC Milan.

The 19-year-old has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge ever since his former boss Ancelotti made the switch last month.

The Brazilian international moved to swiftly deny any reports linking him with a move to West London last week - but it now seems his head has been turned.

The former Internacional star admitted that his future would be resolved after the Confederations Cup - where Brazil will compete against the likes of Spain and Italy - in South Africa due to begin in a week's time.

"It's an honour being esteemed by a club like Chelsea," Pato, who finished the season with a total of 17 goals in all competitions, told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Anyway, I repeat, I will meet Ancelotti before, then Milan officials. My future will be clear at the end of June."

Despite Pato's insistence on meeting with Ancelotti, Milan are unlikely to let another of their top stars leave the San Siro this summer after Kaka's sensational move to Real Madrid.

But the news that one of their brightest talents is desperate to discuss his future with one of their former managers rather than the club itself will come as major blow to the Milan hierarchy.

"There is nothing decided yet," Pato reiterated. "At the end of June, after the Confederations Cup, I'll meet Milan officials and we will talk about my future. But before I'll talk with Ancelotti.

"He's a sensational man. I owe him. It's because of him I've been able to emerge at Milan and in Italian football.

"Before deciding my future I want to talk to him."
il_diavolo_mtl
What a week
BssMn
Any other bad news?? Pato...very ugly attitude.
MizNelson
Agreed. It's particularly tactless now after all that's just happened.

Then again, Pato has never known when to keep quiet from the moment he put on a Milan uniform.
A.X
well lots of bad news ... heh ... lets see ... kaka left to madrid ... pato is thinking to leave for chelsea ... i have a question why don't pirlo or seedorf think about leaving ?? instead of pato ???
A.X
i would rather dye ... then to hear that pato left milan ...
Zed.D
Bah @ you people. didn't you see how Kaka who always remained loyal and committed to the club was treated in the end...?

Ugly attitude my ***. this is not the good old Milan where everything is sunshine and lollipop. there are some unpleasant sides to this club as well and you saw enough of them in the past 30 days. get used to it.

--

And what is the source of this news anyway? how do we know it's not another The Sun ********? how come there's nothing about it on Mediaset? (even if he said those, it'd not change my opinion)
MizNelson
My guess it's Channel 4, judging by the format of the article.

Chances are it's not on Mediaset because Berlu's under enough fire already for "forcing" Kaka out.
I_Rossoneri
Perhaps Pato's eyes have been opened to see just how badly we treat our stars? Oh well at least if he does leave that'll give galliani some extra money to keep the club afloat smile.gif
Zed.D
Bottom line is, Pato is going nowhere. he's not good enough yet. let him reach his absolute peak then the club will consider cashing him in as well wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
If he does leave, say hello to being a mediocre mid-table team that has nothing more but history.

I'm hoping that my assumption that it's pure rubbish is right though.
Warchant
all my news comes off foxsports.com

this story is sited from RivalsDM
Habitant
lol is this a fcking joke?

why would they even consider talks?

galliani and company have just crossed the line, the ultras need to do something, and i mean serious.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Habitant @ Jun 10 2009, 03:53 AM) *
the ultras need to do something, and i mean serious.

Yes, they do need to do something. Hopefully it involves a cliff and jumping off it.
Jack Sparrow
^^

laugh.gif In the words of Inspector Clousseau- "Good one!"
Stefano Di Nardo
I will be very disappointed if Pato turns out to be a mercenary like Kaká.

This is why I hate to rely on non-Italian players, so many of them lack a loyalty to an Italian club because they didn't necessarily grow up dreaming of playing for the Italian giants.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Stefano Di Nardo @ Jun 10 2009, 10:06 AM) *

This is why I hate to rely on non-Italian players, so many of them lack a loyalty to an Italian club because they didn't necessarily grow up dreaming of playing for the Italian giants.

I agree too. It's not often that you see a foreign player, begin and end his career at a single club. (No reflection on Kaka..there might be umpteen reasons, not all being a lack of loyalty).

It's one thing that worries me with Leonardo as coach. Will he realise that Milan need to focus on an Italian core or will he start bringing in all Brazillians coz he's their buddy!

I liked Leo the player and the scout. I hope he doesn't go all native on us.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 10 2009, 04:46 AM) *
I agree too. It's not often that you see a foreign player, begin and end his career at a single club. (No reflection on Kaka..there might be umpteen reasons, not all being a lack of loyalty).

It's one thing that worries me with Leonardo as coach. Will he realise that Milan need to focus on an Italian core or will he start bringing in all Brazillians coz he's their buddy!

I liked Leo the player and the scout. I hope he doesn't go all native on us.

If he brings in good Brazilian players that are still young and cheap then I have no problem with it. Unlike Carlo, I think Leo has a very good eye for talent and knows what he wants
MizNelson
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 9 2009, 08:38 PM) *
Yes, they do need to do something. Hopefully it involves a cliff and jumping off it.

+1

Enough of this "the ultras need to do something" nonsense. They're just as screwed up in the head as team management.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 9 2009, 11:38 PM) *

biggrin.gif

AHHAHHAhAHHAhahahAhha laugh.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Stefano Di Nardo @ Jun 10 2009, 12:36 AM) *

Get something straight Kaka is NOT a mercenary... Real may have lost some of its respect over the yers, but we must accept that they are one of the most successful clubs in the world and the most successful in Europe. And even though I don't like them either, and they are known for paying well, Kaka didn't go there strictly for money, so get your facts straight before you sound silly talk s*!t like that!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 9 2009, 01:03 PM) *
Bah @ you people. didn't you see how Kaka who always remained loyal and committed to the club was treated in the end...?

Ugly attitude my ***. this is not the good old Milan where everything is sunshine and lollipop. there are some unpleasant sides to this club as well and you saw enough of them in the past 30 days. get used to it.

--

And what is the source of this news anyway? how do we know it's not another The Sun ********? how come there's nothing about it on Mediaset? (even if he said those, it'd not change my opinion)

HAHAHAHHAHA LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 10 2009, 10:29 AM) *
If he brings in good Brazilian players that are still young and cheap then I have no problem with it. Unlike Carlo, I think Leo has a very good eye for talent and knows what he wants

I can't agree with that one. I will be sorely disappointed the day Milan puts out a lineup similar to Arsenal and Inter.

At least 6 Italians, with 2 of them being youth academy. This is my dream combo. I guess in the days of global success, the point of 'Italian' club is watered down, but I can't accept it. sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 10 2009, 07:55 AM) *
I can't agree with that one. I will be sorely disappointed the day Milan puts out a lineup similar to Arsenal and Inter.

At least 6 Italians, with 2 of them being youth academy. This is my dream combo. I guess in the days of global success, the point of 'Italian' club is watered down, but I can't accept it. sad.gif

I agree with you there Jack.

I want Milan to always maintain an Italian core.

But you need sme foreign flair to go with that. And if Leo can spot out some diamonds in the rough from South America, I'm all for it. As long as our Italian identity remains intact.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 10 2009, 12:43 PM) *
I agree with you there Jack.

I want Milan to always maintain an Italian core.

But you need sme foreign flair to go with that. And if Leo can spot out some diamonds in the rough from South America, I'm all for it. As long as our Italian identity remains intact.

I hope so too. But it's just the direction we're talking.

For instance

Maldini replaced by Silva NOT Criscito or Santacroce
Pirlo replacements being Hernanes and NOT Cigarini

I understand Leonardo would find Brazil easier to operate and cheaper...but to run in economy mode is to risk a lot.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 10 2009, 05:46 AM) *

Racist!

No, but you're right, it's rare foreign players spend too long at one club. Javier Zanetti is a rarity in todays football.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 10 2009, 07:25 AM) *
I hope so too. But it's just the direction we're talking.

For instance

Maldini replaced by Silva NOT Criscito or Santacroce
Pirlo replacements being Hernanes and NOT Cigarini

I understand Leonardo would find Brazil easier to operate and cheaper...but to run in economy mode is to risk a lot.

Agreed.

We'll see what happens in the transfer window.

We'll still have Abbiati, Nesta, Pirlo, Rino, Zambro and (maybe) Boriello as a good Italian core for next season.

Although with Nesta's and Boriello's injuries we could be left with only Rino, Ambro, Pirlo and Zambro as starters. We'll see I guess...
Zed.D
QUOTE (Stefano Di Nardo @ Jun 10 2009, 09:06 AM) *

Kaka is not a mercenary and you know it. I don't say he was forcekicked out of the club, but I'm sure he would have preferred to stay just as he did so at the time of Claciopoli and next year when we finished out of top4. if he really wanted to leave those were better opportunities to do so. but he remained loyal stayed on in difficult times and ironically this is how he's thought of by likes of you: greedy, mercenary, etc etc.

This is so sad.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 10 2009, 03:11 AM) *
Kaka is not a mercenary and you know it. I don't say he was forcekicked out of the club, but I'm sure he would have preferred to stay just as he did so at the time of Claciopoli and next year when we finished out of top4. if he really wanted to leave those were better opportunities to do so. but he remained loyal stayed on in difficult times and ironically this is how he's thought of by likes of you: greedy, mercenary, etc etc.

This is so sad.

+1
purwo
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 10 2009, 12:59 AM) *

hi

well, wenger DNA is in Leonardo blood, I think, if I am not mistaken, Leonardo is one of wenger favourite player in Nagoya Grampus Eight
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (purwo @ Jun 10 2009, 07:17 PM) *
hi

well, wenger DNA is in Leonardo blood, I think, if I am not mistaken, Leonardo is one of wenger favourite player in Nagoya Grampus Eight

Not sure. Leonardo played for Kashima Antlers. I just found out that Leo has Italian citizenship. So theoretically, we did hire an Italian coach. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 10 2009, 10:11 AM) *

This is so sad.

Top post.
purwo
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 10 2009, 09:56 AM) *
Not sure. Leonardo played for Kashima Antlers. I just found out that Leo has Italian citizenship. So theoretically, we did hire an Italian coach. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

yeah you right, sad.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Stefano Di Nardo @ Jun 10 2009, 05:36 AM) *

Ricky wasn't a mercenary.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jun 10 2009, 06:56 AM) *
Get something straight Kaka is NOT a mercenary... Real may have lost some of its respect over the yers, but we must accept that they are one of the most successful clubs in the world and the most successful in Europe. And even though I don't like them either, and they are known for paying well, Kaka didn't go there strictly for money, so get your facts straight before you sound silly talk s*!t like that!

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 10 2009, 10:11 AM) *

This is so sad.

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.