Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the best player in the world
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Suprpippo
I know c.ronaldowas voted the fifa world player of the year but in my humble opinion there are good candidates that did't even make it to the top five
    1. pato(because) he's too young
    2. maldini
    3. fabregas
    4. eto
    5. ibra
    6. raul
kurtsimonw
Only numbers 3, 4 and 5 are even close to being considered as the best player in the World for me..
Locke Lamora
L-i-o-n-e-l M-e-s-s-i.
Suprpippo
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 11 2009, 04:44 PM) *
L-i-o-n-e-l M-e-s-s-i.

he was in the top five
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Suprpippo @ May 11 2009, 10:45 PM) *
he was in the top five

He IS the top five.
Zed.D
I love Pato's talent but he's not anywhere near those guys (even though he's doing great for a 19yo). I expect him to get there in 1 or 2 years' time though!

Judging on current form, Messi, C. Ronaldo and Iniesta (he's become one of my all-time favorite players. simply a joy to watch).

As for Ibra... I think as long as he and his team underachieve in Europe he can't be considered to be in the same league as those mentioned above.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 11 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Iniesta (he's become one of my all-time favorite players. simply a joy to watch).

Can't disagree with this, he really is a special player. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to get the praise he often deserves.
dst
The best players in the world right now are

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, CR, Gerrard, Lampard, Cesar.

Messi clearly in first place, the rest in no order.

edit: Humans, I'm talking humans.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 12 2009, 12:55 AM) *
Can't disagree with this, he really is a special player. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to get the praise he often deserves.

That's why he's considered to be an anti-superstar, anti-Galactico, etc. kinda like Pirlo, when he was at his best.
gal_kenny
QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 10:38 PM) *
The best players in the world right now are

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, CR, Gerrard, Lampard, Cesar.

edit: Humans, I'm talking humans.

what happened to C. Ronaldo?
dst
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ May 12 2009, 01:34 AM) *
what happened to C. Ronaldo?

He's in my list, CR.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ May 11 2009, 10:38 PM) *

How? Messi did nothing against Chelsea.
Zed.D
^^

So all the amazing stuff that he's done over the season (also against big teams) should be disregarded because of two average displays against a team that parked the bus for 180 minutes? nice idea...
dst
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 12 2009, 03:01 PM) *

He provided an assist! tongue.gif

Judging from what I've seen throughout the whole season I believe he's the best player in Europe right now. I do not watch every game and every player, this is based on what I have seen.
Tennie
Fishdoll and I both think that Messi is clearly #1 by a significant margin. It's great to see that he's stayed healthy throughout the season and shown his quality.

We both also think that Iniesta - as zeddie said - is a very underrated player. He's a joy to watch.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 12 2009, 01:35 PM) *
^^

So all the amazing stuff that he's done over the season (also against big teams) should be disregarded because of two average displays against a team that parked the bus for 180 minutes? nice idea...

I agree that Messi is number 1, but it seems like 1 rule for one and another rule for others..

Ronaldo scores 40-odd goals, then gets criticised for 'not showing up' in big games (despoite scoring numerous goals against the other big 4, finish CL top scorer and scoring in the final itself), so is therefore not seen as the best by many. Messi doesn't show up in a big game and it doesn't matter because he's had a great season..
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 12 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Ronaldo scores 40-odd goals, then gets criticised for 'not showing up' in big games (despoite scoring numerous goals against the other big 4, finish CL top scorer and scoring in the final itself), so is therefore not seen as the best by many. Messi doesn't show up in a big game and it doesn't matter because he's had a great season..

Exactly.

As for the 180 minutes thing, oh the time Ronaldo got shunned on here in the Milan performances, exactly the same.
Zed.D
@ Kurt

I don't know who those many are but as far as I remember everyone here said Ronaldo was the deserved best player of the year last season, including me.

I personally think he often doesn't show up against non-EPL big teams, but that's different than saying he wasn't the best player of the season.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2009, 05:25 PM) *

Much like when Pirlo was on form for us wink.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 12 2009, 08:01 AM) *

ohmy.gif
You're kidding me?!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 13 2009, 09:49 AM) *
@ Kurt

I don't know who those many are but as far as I remember everyone here said Ronaldo was the deserved best player of the year last season, including me.

I personally think he often doesn't show up against non-EPL big teams, but that's different than saying he wasn't the best player of the season.

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.