Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti offered new contract
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
Rivaldo
While some say he has already agreed to join Chelsea, it’s reported Milan have offered Carlo Ancelotti a contract extension until 2012.

There are claims in the Corriere dello Sport that Ancelotti would give his definitive response to Roman Abramovich only after both clubs had mathematically qualified for the Champions League proper.

That could be as early as Monday or at most Tuesday, but the San Siro outfit is not prepared to lose him yet.

The doubts over the tactician’s future continue and one of the question marks surrounded the fact he had not yet been proposed a new deal.

His current contract only lasts until June 2010 and the club confirmed he would be removed from his post if he failed to finish in the top three this season.

The Rossoneri have found their stride in recent weeks and with a victory over Juventus this evening would put the lock on the more prestigious second place.

It is reported Ancelotti has been offered a new deal until June 2012 with an improvement in his wages.

The Corriere dello Sport also suggests that he has already signed a pre-contract agreement with Chelsea back in February, but there are some caveats.

Above all the final word on his early departure from Milan depends on the Rossoneri and they might not be so willing to release him now.

While it is true that Inter could win the Scudetto this evening – if they win at Chievo and Juventus conquer San Siro – equally the seven-point gap could be dramatically reduced.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may10e.html

yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif
russellbhoy
Hopefully this ends the speculation yahoo.gif
I_Rossoneri
Hopefuly this isn't true smile.gif
MizNelson
Any time an article includes the words "pre-contract agreement," it instantly loses its credibility.
kurtsimonw
It's not April 1st either. sad.gif
Suprpippo
apparently because of milans good form he will get the extension
Suprpippo
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 10 2009, 05:12 PM) *
Hopefuly this isn't true smile.gif

why? if ancelotti leaves so will a bunch of other players,and apart from the bacline we are a scudetto and CL winning team
dst
QUOTE (Suprpippo @ May 11 2009, 05:21 PM) *
why? if ancelotti leaves so will a bunch of other players,and apart from the bacline we are a scudetto and CL winning team

The only thing that will happen if Ancelotti leaves is that Seedorf won't play. And that's massively positive!
Warchant
QUOTE (Suprpippo @ May 11 2009, 09:21 AM) *

our players won't go anywhere.

i think the club should've waited and seen how we do next year
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Suprpippo @ May 11 2009, 03:21 PM) *

Hahahahaha laugh2.gif
Zed.D
Is La Repubblica reliable? because it's quoted Berlusconi as saying "it's all Ancelotti's fault [that we didn't win the Scudetto]".

http://www.repubblica.it/2008/12/sport/cal...erlu-sharm.html

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/...-silvio-berlusc

In Berlu we trust!!

EDIT: it's on Mediaset as well.

http://www.sportmediaset.it/calcio/articol...colo23282.shtml

Knowing Berlu two things may happen: 1) he orders Galliani to find a new coach. 2) he comes out tomorrow and denies that he's ever said those things.

The 2nd one will most probably happen.

Tennie
Well, that's what repubblica is quoting and what mediaset picked up from them. Thing is, repubblica is a left-wing paper and, well, they rarely if ever print anything that's in any way pro-Berlusconi. So i'd perhaps take it with a grian of salt given that there's an election campaign going on in Italy.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 12 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Well, that's what repubblica is quoting and what mediaset picked up from them. Thing is, repubblica is a left-wing paper and, well, they rarely if ever print anything that's in any way pro-Berlusconi. So i'd perhaps take it with a grian of salt given that there's an election campaign going on in Italy.

Yet, it's still probably true rolleyes.gif
Warchant
MILAN (AP) - AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has put the blame for finishing the season empty-handed squarely on the shoulders of coach Carlo Ancelotti.

The comments made on Tuesday will add to speculation that Ancelotti will leave the club in the summer, having been strongly linked with the coach's job at Chelsea.

Milan sits seven points behind leader Inter after failing to mount any challenge to its cross-city rivals. The team also limped out of the UEFA Cup, losing to Werder Bremen in the last 32.

"We lost the title because of Ancelotti," he told La Repubblica newspaper. "On many occasions we did not use the right tactics. We have so many good dribblers and should have based our football on this asset, but we did the opposite."

It is not the first time that Berlusconi and Ancelotti have clashed over tactics. Early in his time at the club, the coach also came under fire for his use of one striker, rather than two.

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani meanwhile distanced himself from Berlusconi's views, asking to wait till the end of the season before discussing Ancelotti's future.

"As a rule, I never comment on the declarations of president Berlusconi and I don't comment on what is reported by newspapers that I have not read," he told the club's Web site.

"I've said and I will repeat that I won't be speaking about these things before May 31. At the very least I won't be speaking until we are certain we have qualified for the Champions League."
Fillipo Simone
Hmh, interesting...
I_Rossoneri
Silvio obviously doesn't support Milan.
dst
... happy.gif ... it's good to know that Don Silvio feels this way but it means nothing if Ancelotti stays / does not wake up.
mishie
he will stay...1 more season and that'll be it if he doesn't win the title
Minami
I don't really care if he stays another season or not.
first of all we have to do something concerning the transfers.
perhabs he will join chelsea if he had the decision, but I don't know why they want him....I mean, we're so displeased with him and they offer them a job. obviously the english premier league it diffrent than the italian....
Zed.D
I don't think he will be offered a new contract now. maybe one year from now if things look good, but not now.
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ May 12 2009, 08:10 PM) *
he will stay...1 more season and that'll be it if he doesn't win the title

I thought this season was the season that he was supposed to win the title and it was a do or die thing...?

Anyway, Carlo's time as Milan coach is up, It should have been up after the 07 CL win, but like always, nothing happened becuase we won something. Carlo's time as Milan has run it's course and for the better of both parties involved I think it's better to part ways now, then further the damage for another season.
kurtsimonw
Nice to see Silvio thinks the same.. but maybe he should shut up and actually do something with the club himself?
6Best

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti To Take Kaka & Andrea Pirlo To Chelsea – Report

The coach is strongly rumoured to be heading for Chelsea and it is reported that he will take his Milan stars with him...

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has booked his place on the Chelsea bench for next season and he will take Andrea Pirlo and Kaka with him, according to The Telegraph.

The British broadsheet claims Ancelotti has signed a pre-contract agreement with the Blues and will take the reigns in west London this summer. The Milan coach has been linked with the switch since he met with Chelsea chief Roman Abramovich in Geneva last summer. Reports in England are convinced that the Russian has finally got his man.

As part of the deal, Ancelotti is already discussing his transfer plans to strengthen the current Blues squad. Andrea Pirlo and Kaka, who have both been linked with Chelsea in the past, are on the hit-list. Voices suggest the Reggiolo-born coach has already told the English club he wants both players as part of his squad.

The latest rumours seem to have been stepped-up after Rossoneri president Silvio Berlusconi allegedly claimed this season's Scudetto failure was all the coach’s fault.

However, despite the exit talk, Milan have always maintained the Italian will stay on at the San Siro. As for Kaka, the Brazilian is keen on staying. He reiterated his stance during the club's friendly trip to Albania on Tuesday.

"My future is here with Milan and their project, and I hope it is a future with Carlo Ancelotti as coach," Kaka told Sky Sport Italia. Those comments were then backed by vice-president Adriano Galliani, who defended Ancelotti from the constant reports.

The transfer saga is likely to continue as reports continue to collide.

Lmmmaaaaaoooooo panicsmiley2.gif
Jack Sparrow
I'm really curious to know about this Milan project they've set up. In depth. Not just the crappy, we'll bring in player X etc.

What are they going to do about TV revenues, youth programs etc.
Warchant
lol...if (and that's a big if) carlo leaves, he's not going to take anyone with him

ha ha

that's just too funny
I_Rossoneri
Rijkaard closes on Ancelotti's job

As reports grow Frank Rijkaard turned down Ajax to take over at Milan, transfer guru Claudio Pasqualin expects “Carlo Ancelotti’s imminent departure.”

The Rossoneri bench remains a bone of contention in the Press, especially after President Silvio Berlusconi reportedly blamed his Coach for failing to win the Scudetto.

“Carlo’s experience at Milan has come to an end,” said agent and transfer expert Pasqualin.

“After the story about Berlusconi’s comments I expected an official denial from the club, but that did not happen.

“This sounds very much like a farewell note, so I think Ancelotti’s imminent departure and official move to Chelsea is only a matter of time.”

Numerous Coaches have been suggested as his replacement, including Massimiliano Allegri of Cagliari and former Barcelona boss Rijkaard.

“Allegri won’t be chosen, as he lacks that fundamental Milanista pedigree. At this point the most likely decision is Leonardo working with Filippo Galli or tacticians of the calibre of Rijkaard or [Marco] Van Basten.

“It has to be someone with the Rossoneri stamp of approval.”

Rijkaard’s candidacy has been given a boost today with reports in Holland that he was offered the Ajax job and turned it down.

Ajax were under the tutelage of Van Basten until he tended his resignation on May 6, so he is also available.

Channel 4

Great news cool.gif
Zed.D
Report: Milan Boss Carlo Ancelotti To Make Agreement With Chelsea This Weekend

Press reports in Italy suggest that ‘Carletto’ is poised to accept a lucrative four-year deal with the Blues.

According to reports in today’s edition of the Corriere dello Sport, Carlo Ancelotti will announce his decision to quit Milan and join Premier League giants Chelsea after this weekend’s round of Serie A games.
Milan play away to Udinese on Saturday and a win would mathematically guarantee the Rossoneri a spot in next season’s Champions League.

With qualification to Europe’s premier club competition out of the way, Ancelotti will finally remove doubts over his future. All the indications point to the 49-year-old heading for the exit after almost eight years in charge.

It is claimed the ex-Parma and Juventus tactician will pen an agreement with Chelsea and is ready to commit to the London side until 2013, with his wages likely to be around €6.5 million per season.

Milan have allegedly offered Ancelotti a two-year extension to his current deal, which expires in 2010, but the former Italian international is expected to reject it after being criticised by club president Silvio Berlusconi this week.

Berlusconi reportedly blamed the coach for Milan’s disappointing season during a conversation with a group of Italian tourists in Sharm el-Sheikh.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

This weekend? laugh.gif bullsh1t!

As for Silvio criticizing Carlo, I think he's really said those words because Gattuso was asked about it in his interview with Milan Channel which was published on the official site. (even though he said he wasn't sure that Silvio had actually said those things)

Does anyone think Carlo will stay after what Silvio said?.. coz I don't unsure.gif
Tennie
Hah. Those reports are copied from ENGLISH papers. smile.gif Today, supposedly he's wanting to buy Ashley Young too.

The speculation I've just read (7 different articles) is all about a couple of things:
1. Berlusconi-Ancelotti meeting after the Udine game (which, if we win, mathematically guarantees CL next year);
2. Ancelotti almost certainly on his way out (the articles seem to think this is almost certain after Berlusconi's comments and after a really odd episode in the press conference in Tirana where Ancelotti was asked a question and Galliani answered on his behalf);
3. The two Dutchmen. Apparently Van Basten and Rijkaard have met and chatted recently and the guy who's agent for both of them is in Milan - the papers are pretty sure he didn't come just for the risotto. Some articles think it's MVB who's in pole position, some think it's Rijkaard.
dst
Can't we have both Rijkaard and MvB!? That would be cool! cool.gif
Tennie
(from the ticker on acmilan.com's english page)

PRESIDENT BERLUSCONI: "Declarations are attributed to me, but I know nothing about them"
5/14/2009
MILAN - President Berlusconi has denied today, confirming the declarations of Adriano Galliani from yesterday, the phrases which were attributed to him, in which he said that he Carlo Ancelotti was responsible for Milan not winning the Scudetto. "I fall from the clouds," declared Silvio Berlusconi at Montecitorio. The reporters had asked for a comment on the Chelsea-Ancelotti agreement which the English tabloids reported: "I was never intered. I heard that there were declarations attributed to me, left, right and centre, but I know nothing about them."

Denial's a bit late this time.
Jack Sparrow
Ha. cool.gif I bet Veronica Lario started them!! Women!! dry.gif
dst
Whether he did say those things or not, the denial was I believe delayed on purpose.
Zed.D
I fall from the clouds

What does that mean?

And the denial, it's not a strong one. I knew he'd come out and say those things! maybe he's telling the truth but he's doomed to be disbelieved. he's a politician after all...
Tennie
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 14 2009, 11:32 AM) *
I fall from the clouds

What does that mean?

It's a poor literal translation of an Italian idiom, zeddie. Idioms rarely translate directly and keep their meaning.

I'd translate the idiom as something along the lines of 'I'm really surprised' or 'I'm astounded'.

(ps, that smiley frightens Fishdoll!)
dst
laugh.gif that's Greek too, that's why I did not notice it.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 14 2009, 07:43 PM) *
It's a poor literal translation of an Italian idiom, zeddie. Idioms rarely translate directly and keep their meaning.

I'd translate the idiom as something along the lines of 'I'm really surprised' or 'I'm astounded'.

(ps, that smiley frightens Fishdoll!)

Thanks for the explanation!
Warchant
lol. i fell from the clouds laugh.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (dst @ May 14 2009, 11:58 AM) *
Can't we have both Rijkaard and MvB!? That would be cool! cool.gif

Great attacking flair but no defence tongue.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
I don't beleive this story, i would like to think Rijkaar is coming
speedemon
Carlo has done amzing things for this club, but his era is up. Don't get me wrong he is amazing but when he thinks he's done enough he shuts down way too fast. For example, after winning the champions league, super cup, and the world cup it then seems as if he is not trying to win anything anymore because to him he already won these titles as a player and a coach. Another example would be 2005 I hate to say it but during half time carlo should've told the players that they were down 3-0 and not up 3-0 then it would have been a historic victory. So Calro has been a great player and great coach for this great club but his time is up. I would love to see Rijkaard!!!
Forza Milan All The Way!!!
Bluesummers
hmm things are getting interesting. I think we'll know next week when we beat roma.
Zed.D
QUOTE (C4)
Ancelotti 'won't outstay welcome'

Sunday 17 May, 2009

Carlo Ancelotti has confessed President Silvio Berlusconi’s criticism stung him. “I won’t stay where I’m not wanted.”

Last night Milan’s 2-1 defeat at Udinese mathematically handed Inter the Scudetto and the Coach was visibly tense after the final whistle.

This week Berlusconi was quoted as saying he blamed his tactician for failing to challenge this season – a statement that was not officially denied by the club.

“It is absolutely not true that talk over my future might’ve affected this performance,” snapped Ancelotti of that Stadio Friuli loss.

“We basically never really played this game, it was just one of those nights.

“I have not yet decided what I will do next season. Right now I am only focused on next week’s game with Roma.”

Once again the media bombarded him with questions about that proposed move to Chelsea.

“I won’t say no, but only because Chelsea are not in my future,” replied Ancelotti.

The most telling quote came when asked if he was the one making the ultimate decision on his time at Milan.

“I want to stay, but I won’t stay where I’m not wanted. As the saying goes, you can’t go against the Saints. This is why I am waiting to talk to the Saint, and then we’ll see.”

President Berlusconi is the ‘Saint’ in this case and has been very careful not to come out publicly in favour of his Coach.

This week former Rossoneri legend Marco Van Basten was spotted in the city for a charity golf tournament, fuelling reports he is to take over next term.

Hmm... it's getting interesting. (EDIT: LOL bluesummers! I swear I didn't read your post before I posted this!)

“I won’t say no, but only because Chelsea are not in my future,”

Or because Real are?
Fillipo Simone
It's a very interesting season finish. Milan's look next season will be decided in a few days or weeks. I think both solution, meaning Ancelotti staying or leaving, have their good and bad sides. It's completely up to personal resoning and preferences to decide which one would be the better for Milan. Since our board lately didn't decisivly maintain a dominant direction (of team/squad development) the decision is even harder.
Zed.D
I think since Maldini's retiring, it would not be a bad idea to make a fresh start, with a new coach and some new players. I'm worried that continuing like this for one more season would have no ideal outcome.
6Best
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 17 2009, 03:35 PM) *
I think since Maldini's retiring, it would not be a bad idea to make a fresh start, with a new coach and some new players. I'm worried that continuing like this for one more season would have no ideal outcome.

Completely agreed .
Warchant
AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi insists no decision has yet been taken over the future of Carlo Ancelotti, who has been linked to Chelsea.

Ancelotti has been mooted as the favourite to be appointed as Chelsea's new manager when Guus Hiddink steps down from his temporary role after the FA Cup final.

Reports in Italy have claimed Ancelotti will be confirmed as the Blues' new boss at the end of the month and will keep Hiddink's No. 2 Ray Wilkins as his assistant.

There have also been suggestions that Milan will sack the long-serving coach following the club's failure to mount a serious title challenge.

Berlusconi was critical of Ancelotti last week after claiming his tactics had ruined the Rossoneri's prospects of dethroning city rivals Inter.

However, the Milan supremo says nothing has been decided except that a young coach will be appointed if Ancelotti does leave.

"Ancelotti is a person of our family," Berlusconi told the Italian media. "We will find a solution for his and our good.

"If we have to part ways, and I repeat that for the moment there is nothing that has already been decided, we will take a young and emerging coach."

Former Milan striker Marco van Basten has been linked with the job after he quit as coach of Ajax earlier this month after just one season in charge.

Berlusconi has hinted the Dutchman could be considered for the role, saying: "Marco is like a son to me and is a part of the history of Milan.

"Now, many young coaches have broad shoulders and are ready for a big club."

yea...he's gone
TriniKing_CE
Strange how we almost always tend to go for the experienced players, yet we make a statement like this... Implying that they have faith that a young coach could stand his ground and overlook the operations & training of our team.
Hmmm... huh.gif unsure.gif
MizNelson
How is Carlo expected to go to Chelsea next season when he doesn't even speak English?

"Ancelotti is a person of our family," Berlusconi told the Italian media. "We will find a solution for his and our good."

"Marco is like a son to me and is a part of the history of Milan."

Every time Berlu opens his mouth, he hacks up a verbal furball. He makes Moratti look like an orator in comparison.
Warchant
well one coach gone...juve fired Ranieri
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 18 2009, 06:26 PM) *
How is Carlo expected to go to Chelsea next season when he doesn't even speak English?

Every time Berlu opens his mouth, he hacks up a verbal furball. He makes Moratti look like an orator in comparison.

carlo has been learning English for well over a year now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.