Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan's Ancelotti linked with Madrid job
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has not denied a possible move to Real Madrid at the end of the season and is flattered by reports of Florentino Perez's interest should he become the new president of the Spanish club.

This is a contrast to reports in Italy, which have been claiming that the coach has a desire to continue in Italy.

But Spanish reports have been hinting that an offer from Madrid could persuade Ancelotti to move to the Bernabeu.

"Real Madrid? Whatever will happen, will happen," he told Marca.

"I do like the fact that Florentino Perez has a soft spot for me."

And despite AC Milan's exit from the UEFA Cup and trailing their rivals in the Serie A campaign, he is does not think things have gone too badly for the club this season.

"I think the season has been fine overall, neither disastrous nor spectacular, so I do not think I will be sacked."
Zed.D
Such a disastrous season is labeled as 'fine'. what are we reduced to? mad.gif I hope he's gone by the start of the next season. I don't want a coach that thinks it's fine that his team is as good as out of every title race in February.

A CL spot the best Milan can afford? you gotta be sh1tting me.
Habitant
^^^ he lives in his own little world
kurtsimonw
I think Jose will take the job in Madrid, Carlo will stay in Milan for another year and maybe take the Italy post after the 2010 World Cup?
Tennie
(Why are we even commenting on something printed in Marca?)
Habitant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2009, 04:06 PM) *
I think Jose will take the job in Madrid, Carlo will stay in Milan for another year and maybe take the Italy post after the 2010 World Cup?

probably the most likely scenario dry.gif
mallamkay
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2009, 05:06 PM) *

i hope carlo leaves ASAP
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 17 2009, 09:07 AM) *
(Why are we even commenting on something printed in Marca?)

Good question.
Habitant
because theres other sources linking him as well or at least mentionning the possiblity.
xcube
i wish him a happy trip to capital of spain smile.gif it would be a great day to see him outside milan ... but guys we have to admit that anchi i know he's not professional in Seria A but he knows how to deal with the big clubs and in champions league but as for me i want him outside milan because i want to see scudetto for milan he always focus on the europe and ignore italy
PatitoFeo
Marca is the Spanish equivalent of goal dot com. I refuse to post even something resembling a link.

Ancelotti would have been a good fit for Perez's old team of aging galacticos who had no shot at a league title
Fillipo Simone
Manchester United is probably the only team in the last 10 years who found the way to balance off CL and domestic success. But again, they won "just" 2 CL in almost 10 years. The closest team that ever get to them was Bayern München in Hitzfeld era.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.