Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Napoli - Milan --- 22/03/2009
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Zed.D
OK, the only reason I started this thread is that last time I did so, it was a huge success! so excuse me if I don't have any information/stats/pictures/etc. ready for the first post.

Here we go. cool.gif
kurtsimonw
I'm disappointed. I wanted information/stats/pictures/etc. Lack of effort C- biggrin.gif

Hopefully we stick with the 4-3-1-2 and hopefully Seedorf doesn't get put back in the first team for no reason at all. 3-1 Milan.
Ry4n
My prediction for this game is 3-1
vahid
Let's explode Donadoni's team happy.gif
Tennie
Aronica is suspended for Napoli, Ambrosini is suspended for Milan.

The San Paolo is usually a hard place to win at -- but this year's Napoli has been shaky even there of late.

The game's already sold out.
CrazyMilanFan
so will be able to watch this game or there is still soem rights issue like last year
dst
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 17 2009, 06:13 PM) *
so will be able to watch this game or there is still soem rights issue like last year

I'm not quite sure but I think Napoli's home games are being broadcasted this season. I checked on bet365 because if they're going to show it I suppose everyone else will be showing it too. They don't have Sunday's list of games yet. But they have Premier League Darts, we could always watch that!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 17 2009, 04:27 PM) *
I'm not quite sure but I think Napoli's home games are being broadcasted this season. I checked on bet365 because if they're going to show it I suppose everyone else will be showing it too. They don't have Sunday's list of games yet. But they have Premier League Darts, we could always watch that!

Phil "the Power" Taylor!
Tennie
Fox Soccer Channel is showing the game live.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 17 2009, 06:32 PM) *
Phil "the Power" Taylor!

Man if you know any player from the darts league even I can tell you to GET A LIFE! You've reached a new low.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 17 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Man if you know any player from the darts league even I can tell you to GET A LIFE! You've reached a new low.

No, I know him because he wins the World title every year and is from the Midlands. tongue.gif
Darunia
I'd start with this lineup:

Dida
Zambrotta Bonera Maldini Jankulovski
Beckham Pirlo Flamini
Ronaldinho/Seedorf
Pato Inzaghi
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 17 2009, 04:51 PM) *

i know Taylor as well he is really good

P.S Milan have received a boost ahead of their league match against Napoli, as midfielder Clarence Seedorf is likely to be included in the squad, according to Datasport. Seedorf, returned to training on Tuesday, completing the full practice session without any difficulties.
Zed.D
A boost? biggrin.gif dst's gonna like this.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 17 2009, 09:33 PM) *
A boost? biggrin.gif dst's gonna like this.

LOL laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 17 2009, 09:54 PM) *
P.S Milan have received a boost ahead of their league match against Napoli, as midfielder Clarence Seedorf is likely to be included in the squad, according to Datasport. Seedorf, returned to training on Tuesday, completing the full practice session without any difficulties.

You're wrong. This is what datasport reported:

Seedorf, returned to training on Tuesday, completing the full practice session on Wednesday.

... dry.gif only a couple of weeks.
amancik
a comfortable 3-0 win to us, Pato to get his first hat-trick and subsequently reaching the 20 goal mark.
Zed.D
QUOTE (amancik @ Mar 18 2009, 02:58 PM) *
a comfortable 3-0 win to us, Pato to get his first hat-trick and subsequently reaching the 20 goal mark.

I hope so! that would probably place Pato 2nd/3rd in the scorers chart. but 1 goal from Pato and 1 from Pippo looks more likely. we know from experience that when Pippo gets his scoring boots on, it takes a lot to stop him.

Last season at San Paolo things went awfully, awfully wrong. our strikers all missed chances while Nesta made a huge mistake in defense (the penalty). I like Napoli but not when they're facing us.. time to make amends for that game!
whoarethepatriots
Napoli are very formidable at home, we should not underestimate them, even though they havent been playing particularly great and have just changed coaches
Tennie
There will be two training sessions today. Morning training - specialized individual work - has already taken place. The afternoon session will probably be tactical.
Jack Sparrow
More defensive drills Carlo. Work their socks off.
CrazyMilanFan
the game will be shown on bet365 king.gif
Bluesummers
Ronaldinho: I Want To Play At The Stadio San Paolo

Milan forward Ronaldinho has set his sights on returning to the playing field against Napoli following the injury that has kept him on the sidelined for several weeks.

Ronaldinho has never played at the Stadio San Paolo and he is looking forward to doing so.

"My first objective is to play on Sunday against Napoli at the San Paolo,” declared the former Barcelona player to the Corriere dello Sport. “It's one of the few great stadiums where I have never been.

"It was the stadium of my great idol, Maradona. He was the idol of my entire family when I was a child.

"Our house was covered with his posters and photos. My brother Roberto was a great fan of his. I was young, but I clearly remember the team in which the great [former Brazilian international and Napoli star] Careca used to play."

Milan are aiming to maintain third place in the standings. They currently have 54 points from 28 games played, five points above Genoa.
dst
laugh.gif where's that picture from?

I'm surprised to hear Maradona was so popular in Brazil too!
Habitant
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 19 2009, 04:40 PM) *
laugh.gif where's that picture from?

I'm surprised to hear Maradona was so popular in Brazil too!

a pepsi commercial he did some years back
Ry4n
^^

WOW what a picture laugh.gif laugh.gif
Tennie
That picture scares Fishdoll.
il_diavolo_mtl
[former Brazilian international and Napoli star]

^^ tht's weak
i'm very sure dona' wsnt brasillian lol
Tennie
Careca was. smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
Maradona - Brazil Uniform

I guess its a two-way thing! laugh.gif
PatitoFeo
Maradona was popular everywhere - unless you were fan of a rival he played against, the little bundle of energy was tough to dislike.
Tennie
Andrea De Marco will referee the game.
mishie
training today was as follows
team done warm ups before doing some ball work particularly concentrating on the midfield before working on tactics for the whole team.
Pippo joined the team training after working in the gym for thr previous days.
Kaka continued his training in the gym.
Nesta and Borrielo worked seperately in the gym, whilst Bonera worked on strength exercises in the sand pit.

obvioulsy Abbiati is not training but Rino does some light techicnical work with Galli

Tennie
Fishdoll thanks Mishie for the training report!
mishie
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 20 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Fishdoll thanks Mishie for the training report!

thanks, didn't steal your thunder i hope wink.gif
MizNelson
Here's some Useless Trivia™ for you. Dida's last Serie A start before he was benched was vs. Napoli, against whom he'll be making his first league start of this season.

QUOTE (PatitoFeo)
Maradona [...] the little bundle of energy was tough to dislike.

Heh. 96.gif

According to some Italian online dirtsheets, Kaka won't be playing this Sunday.

I saw this on acmilan.com; I thought it was cute. Maybe it's the backpack. smile.gif

http://media2.acmilan.com/200903/13485_thumb.jpg?ver=1
CrazyMilanFan
so seedorf is fit and now carlo has to decide to pick one of pippo and r80 acording to milannews
Tennie
The issue, I think, is that Pippo hasn't been training fully all week. There were a couple of days in which he was in the gym or doing specific work. So...I dunno. Mediaset has Ronaldinho starting over Pippo. Hate to see him benched when he's got his shooting boots on unless he's hurt.
elcordobez
Call ups:

Goalkeepers: Dida, Kalac, Perucchini;
Defenders: Antonini, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Mattioni, Senderos, Zambrotta;
Midfielders: Beckham, Cardacio, Flamini, Pirlo;
Attackers: Inzaghi; Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Kaka is there although i hope he's actually fit and healthy for this and not still half injured.

Mattioni is included in the callups this time lol....it's an improvement,i'd like to see him more so i can make up my mind on whether or not he's just another Grimi
Tennie
So, highlights from the prematch press conference:

*He hasn't decided on the lineup yet
*Both Pippo and Ronaldinho trained well this week and both are in good condition
*Kaka is available but won't start the game; he's been called up by Brazil for their world cup qualifiers
*Dida will start in goal
*Pato has become an indispensable player for Milan
*Nesta is slowly recovering. The pain is gone and in the next few days he should start running.
*Nice words about Donadoni.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Ch.4)
Absentees include Christian Abbiati, Davide Bonera, Alessandro Nesta, Kakha Kaladze, Gennaro Gattuso, Emerson and Marco Borriello.

Oops. huh.gif
KillerMax
Dida's form will be crucial with our makeshift defense. But Donadoni is not an attacking coach, so we do have an advantage compared to last year. Forza Milan!
MizNelson
QUOTE (acmilan.com)
MILANELLO – These are the declarations of he Rossoneri’s coach Carlo Ancelotti during the press conference at Milanello on the eve of the clash against Napoli scheduled for tomorrow at 8.30pm at the San Paolo stadium and valid for matchday 29 of Serie A:

ON THE CLASH AGAINST NAPOLI
“We shall go to Naples to play against a team who can’t wait to find a good reason to come out of this complicated situation. What better occasion to do well than tomorrow’s game against Milan, in such a game. We shall find a very warm environment, the usual stadium. We did not forget the previous precedent at Naples, because last year that game nullified our comeback period before that clash. It will therefore be a difficult away game, but which arrives in a moment different to the one of last season, we shall have to be careful. However, the team right now is better, it’s more serene. Therefore we are in the right conditions to face this game.

“The change of coach on the Napoli bench will cause a reaction as usual. Against Reggina, Donadoni presented a more controlled squad, but I believe that tomorrow the entire environment will have more motivation.

“I see Donadoni more as a friend than as a rival. I’m happy for him that he settled down and that he found a club like Napoli, who is ambitious and allows him to express at best his qualities andh is great experience as a coach.”

ON THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS AND POSSIBLE FORMATION
“I still haven’t decided the formation
Ronaldinho worked well during the week, he’s in good conditions and also Inzaghi.
Kaka is available. I don’t think that tomorrow he will start from the beginning. However, he’s quite fine and he will leave for Brazil for the commitments with his national team.
Dida will play instead of Abbiati. I believe that he is a very good goalkeeper. So far he did not have the possibility to prove this because Abbiati has always done well, but I always had trust in him, despite the numerous criticism he received. He always trained well and now he solved all of his physical problems, he just lacks the continuity on the pitch, but I still believe that he is a great player, without forgetting that he made us win a lot in the past.
Differently from the clash of last May 11 at the San Paolo, Pato made some steps forward. In these months he because an almost essential player for this team. In this season he was used more. He became in many occasions a decisive player, even though once in a while he has some pauses inside a game, but this does not ruin his importance for the group.
Nesta is improving slowly. The pain disappeared and in the coming days he should start running again, then we shall see how it goes.”

ON THE DECLARATIONS OF GATTUSO ON THE AVAILABILITY TO REDUCE HIS SALARY
“I think that it could be a sharable initiative, but I believe that it depends from one’s personal choices. However, it’s an issue tied to the strong sense of belonging that a player feels towards this club and Gattuso has this strong sense of belonging.”

ON THE LEAGUE AND MILAN’S PATH
“I think that our destiny is just in our hands, whatever the results of the other teams. We have an advantage over the fourth place and we shall have to be good enough to manage it from now until the end of the season, especially in the final games. Our main objective is that of arriving amongst the top three, then if we manage to improve our league position and arrive second it would be even better.

“In general Inter has a good advantage over Juventus, whereas we have behind us a strong team because they are having an excellent season, they are in form and are full of enthusiasm. Amongst the top three, Juventus is the one who had the best season so far."

A REPLY TO THE DECLARATIONS OF ROBERTO MANCINI WHO SAID THAT BERLUSCONI IS MILAN’S COACH AND THAT MILAN IN EUROPE HAS BEEN OVERTAKEN BY BARCELONA
"It’s true that the president interests himself in the team’s matters, but he’s so intelligent and arrives before others that he cannot think about being Milan’s coach, because he knows that he has a person whom he believes to be capable and delegates me, let’s say so.

“For me the best team in Europe was Milan, another team who comes close is Liverpool, who can have the possibility of playing three finals in just a few years.”

Bluesummers
I think the lineup will be this:

Dida-Zambro-maldini-favalli-janku-beckham-pirlo-flamini-seedorf-inzaghi-pato

milan 3-2 napoli. forza milan!
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 21 2009, 09:28 PM) *
I think the lineup will be this:

Dida-Zambro-maldini-favalli-janku-beckham-pirlo-flamini-seedorf-inzaghi-pato

milan 3-2 napoli. forza milan!

I'd personally hat to see Seedorf in the AM role, seeing as we have Dinho available who imo, plays that position twice as better as Seedorf does.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2009, 09:07 PM) *
I'd personally hat to see Seedorf in the AM role, seeing as we have Dinho available who imo, plays that position twice as better as Seedorf does.

i agree seedorf this season has been terribke but still will be favourite to get the start despite 2 week injury
Darunia
Gazzetta agrees with that formation... I hope Ronnie gets the start too though. 2 Strikers = good, especially with the form of Pippo and Pato currently.
kurtsimonw
Does anyone know what time this kicks off in England? Damn daylights saving time means I dunno what time it is in any country anymore. dry.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 21 2009, 06:25 PM) *
Does anyone know what time this kicks off in England? Damn daylights saving time means I dunno what time it is in any country anymore. dry.gif

The match starts at 8pm over there, so it'll begin at 7pm in your neck of the woods. Out here, kickoff is at 12 noon.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Mar 22 2009, 02:05 AM) *
The match starts at 8pm over there, so it'll begin at 7pm in your neck of the woods. Out here, kickoff is at 12 noon.

Thanks alot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.