Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Milan denies Abu Dhabi report
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
MILAN, Italy (AP) - AC Milan has denied a report that the Abu Dhabi United group will purchase 40 per cent of the club.

Milan and club president Silvio Berlusconi's Fininvest holding company issued a joint statement saying that "the news has no basis."

Italy's leading newspaper, Corriere della Sera, reported Tuesday that after failing to purchase Kaka, Abu Dhabi United had switched its focus to buying part of Milan. The paper did not cite any sources, but said the offer would be €500 million ($640 million).

Last month, Milan playmaker Kaka rejected a reported 100 million pound transfer offer from Manchester City, which is controlled by Abu Dhabi United.

"Fininvest Spa, which controls AC Milan, denies in the most categorical manner press speculation concerning possible changes to the football club's assets," the company said. "This is a journalistic hypothesis without any basis."
dst
Good.
Bluesummers
whaaa! LOLLLL!!! Can't buy kaka? Then buy his club haha!!!!

But yeah if there is even a slight chance this goes through, does that mean that Abu owns both milan and city completely?
Zed.D
They are soooo sad biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
Well, that's modern-life football. And reality.
Bluesummers
it'll be interesting if this goes through. They'll probably end up selling city.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 24 2009, 06:10 PM) *
Well, that's modern-life football. And reality.

Which doesn't make this any better...
Jack Sparrow
I doubt this will go through. Berlusconi doesn't like sharing the limelight, which he would have to do if Abu Dhabi bought in.

Would it be good for Milan? So far they seem decently sensible in their dealings with Man City. Abramovich would have changed 2 coaches by now. Of course Man City bidding for Kaka @ 100 mill and Milan bidding for CR @ 100 mill are different matters too.

If Abu Dhabi wish to get into this partnership purely as financiers I would like it. But the thing is, purely as financiers makes no sense for them. There are far better areas to get return on investment.

I think this is a hoax. Finninvest won't sell. Don Silvio still needs Milan. However, a sneaky part of me, thinks this will 'force' Silvio into some outrageous act of financial muscle flexing. Because the report goes that Finninvest is out of cash, hence this share transfer. And Don Silvio might be eager to show that's not the case.

Which is again a muddle, coz Galliani had said earlier that finances were not all that great. So this means my thoughts have come full circle, and you blokes just wasted 3 minutes of your life. Losers!! mad.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Feb 24 2009, 06:58 PM) *
Which doesn't make this any better...

Of course.

I'm sure Berlusconi won't allow it. But what after Silvio?
Jack Sparrow
biggrin.gif Piersilvio. laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 24 2009, 04:01 PM) *
But yeah if there is even a slight chance this goes through, does that mean that Abu owns both milan and city completely?

I thought it was illegal to have an interest in 2 clubs. I remember Arcadi Gaydamak and Roman Abramovich both had to be investigated over something like this.
Bluesummers
In my opinion, if silvio were to sell, now would be a good time. There is no way he would lose respect because of what he has done.

I just hope we dont turn into a monkey business.
Ro Rossonera
I don't think he'll sell because Berlu still needs milan.

Almost every Milan fan in the world, that has dual/Italian citizenship voted for him when the elections came around. He needs the votes if he wants to stay as Prime Minister of Italy. If he sells those die hard crazy fans probably won't vote for him just to spite him.
CrazyMilanFan
they wanted kaka they wanted r80 as well both are in milan buying players for milan will be much easier for them than city so it does make sense that they want to get into milan and then sell city we have denied it dont know what wouldh have happend had we accepted it
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Ro Rossonera @ Feb 25 2009, 05:12 AM) *
Almost every Milan fan in the world, that has dual/Italian citizenship voted for him when the elections came around. He needs the votes if he wants to stay as Prime Minister of Italy. If he sells those die hard crazy fans probably won't vote for him just to spite him.

Are you sure? If I had to vote, I sure would do opposite. Even though Silvio's policy is stable and reasonable for Italian terms, I do think it's better for Milan to have a present president, not PM.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Feb 24 2009, 09:16 AM) *
it'll be interesting if this goes through. They'll probably end up selling city.

Wouldn't that be a hoot, lavishing over City and then kicking them to the curb to flock over here?

Either way, no way should this transaction go through. I don't want this club to become some rich foreigner's plaything.
Bluesummers
If it helps stabalize our club. Then i wouldn't mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.