Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan-Reggina -- 07.02.09
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Tennie
Milan play Reggina Satuday at the San Siro.

Pirlo is suspended for this game.

Here's Mediaset's projected lineup:
Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Beckham, Flamini, Ambrosini; Seedorf, Kakà; Pato
(they also project Milan primavera player on loan Di Gennaro as starting for Reggina)

Gazzetta shows the same projected lineup.
Darunia
Milan - Reggina
Stadio Meazza

It’s David v Goliath at San Siro as rock bottom Reggina travel to in-form Milan looking for a footballing miracle.

These are exciting times for the red and black half of Milan. A David Beckham-inspired 3-0 victory over Lazio last weekend saw Carlo Ancelotti’s outfit hurdle Juventus and move into second place. The Rossoneri’s poor start to the season has been confined to the history books and the Scudetto race is on.

If Milan are to catch city rivals Inter, who enjoy a six-point advantage at the top, they need to be consistent and to win games like this that seem to be routine outings. It is hard to imagine the Diavolo fluffing their lines, but they must deliver if they are to put pressure on Inter’s trip to Lecce.

Nothing is expected of Reggina as they make the daunting trip north. The Amaranto have forgotten what it is like to win and have picked up all three points just three times all campaign. Last week’s battling 2-2 draw with Roma on a waterlogged pitch will have boosted confidence, but this is a sterner test.

The Amaranto are three points adrift at the bottom and could have too much to do to stay afloat if they don’t pick up some unlikely points. Anything here would be nothing short of heroic but could turn their season around.

Milan had to dig deep to win 2-1 at the Stadio Granillo in Week 4 as Alexandre Pato scored the goal that helped steady the ship. Last term the Rossoneri made short work of their Calabrian visitors, winning 5-1 with a Kaka hat-trick.

Ancelotti has injury problems, but no fresh concerns. Kakha Kaladze, Alessandro Nesta, Gennaro Gattuso, Marco Borriello and Giuseppe Favalli are all unfit. Andrea Pirlo is suspended. Ronaldinho and Andriy Shevchenko are likely to start on the bench once more.

Reggina are without Antonio Giosa, Emmanuel Cascione, Luca Vigiani and Franco Brienza.

Keep an eye on: David Beckham (Milan) – After taking down Lazio with two assists, Beckham will be confident of having too much class for Reggina.

Last season: Milan 5-1 Reggina

Form guide: Milan (D W W D W) Reggina (L L L D D)
Milan (probable): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Maldini, Bonera, Jankulovski; Beckham, Flamini, Ambrosini; Kaka, Seedorf; Pato

Reggina (probable): Campagnolo; Lanzaro, Valdez, Santos; Krajcik, Barreto, Cozza, Carmona, Costa; Di Gennaro, Corradi

Ref: To follow...

It'd be embarassing if we dropped points here, but it's also what has happened at the past. We're at home, and we're playing a team at the bottom, so we better gain maximum points here. I think Carlo will go with Seedorf but I'd like Ronnie to get a shot here. Also, hopefully Bonera doesn't get a yellow so he can play against Inter.
dst
They will probably stay back and defend a lot so I'd field Ronaldinho, he's our best player against packed defenses.
Tennie
So there was a full training session after the team returned from Glasgow.

Warmups, drills, practice game, etc. Kaladze trained with the group.

Nesta trained separately but did 'optimal' (direct translation of the word used) training on running and changing directions.

Tomorrow will be training and the prematch press conference.
Zed.D
Unless we're planning to make Ronaldinho the next Rivaldo, I think he must play in this one. it'd be extremely unfair if in spite of Pirlo's absence, he sat this out.

Pato

Dinho ----- Kaka

Seedorf ----- Flamini ----- Becks

Janku ---- Maldini ---- Bonera ---- Zambro

Abbiati

acid911
Agree with the lineup wholeheartedly, ZD. cool.gif Flamini in a deeper role helping the defense, of course!
Rossoneri7
Its really hard to predict the line-up for this one, but since Pirlo is out of this match, that does free up a spot for Ronnie.

If it was up to me, I'd keep the line-up as it was in the previous two matches, so as not to disturb the equilibrium of the squad prior to the derby.

CrazyMilanFan
mediaset have changed the linup with r80 coming for seedorf and ambro-flamini-beckham in midfield
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2009, 12:42 AM) *
Unless we're planning to make Ronaldinho the next Rivaldo, I think he must play in this one. it'd be extremely unfair if in spite of Pirlo's absence, he sat this out.

Pato

Dinho ----- Kaka

Abbiati

Completely agree with that one.

Seedorf is much better in that deeper role rather the as an AM because of his slow pace. Ronaldinho is goos when defences are tight, which like dst said, there is no doubt that Reggina will try to park the bus. Dinho is great at providing balls through tight spaces, look at how many times he fead it to Pippo against Rangers on Wednesday
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 6 2009, 12:42 AM) *

Pato

Dinho ----- Kaka

Abbiati

I totally agree too, the midfield and the attack are totally in my way... Great!

The defense, like the defense, it can be better but not ours in that time.

I really hope to see R80!!!!
RinoIlCapitano
Inter is playing an away match with the 16th lecce. They are a team with must draws in serie a! 10 out of 22 games.... so they will stay back looking for another one.... Can they do that? I hope they can! They will play on counter attacks and i hope they can score one and that they can grab a point so the DERBY will be the best ever if we win and i am sure we will! Reginna is a the bottom of the table with 8 lost, 2 draws and only 1 away win, so with our domestic record of 9 wins and only one lost game (the first domestic game in serie a this season with bologna on Aug.31st) i think it's only matter of how much will we score and how much will we win! So let's hope for another time that inter which is not in good form will lose some point so we can catch them!!

We have won the first fixture with Reggina on Stadio Oreste Granillo 2:1, With Boriello and Pato goals!
Tennie
Carletto has given his prematch press conference. Herewith are highlights:
*Pirlo's absence (due to suspension) isn't an insurmountable difficulty
*Beckham will play on the right of midfield
*Ronaldinho is available for selection (I got the impression that he'll probably play though it wasn't stated)
*Kaladze is recovered but still has work to do. He won't be called up for the game.
*Janku will be evaluated for a back problem
*Favster will be evaluated for a muscular problem
*Next week, Nesta will start training with the team.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2009, 05:33 PM) *

han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2009, 03:03 PM) *

best news I'v heard all week
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 6 2009, 06:28 PM) *
best news I'v heard all week

+1.

Our defense has been kinda embarrassing this season...
Tennie
So, Carletto lied. Kaladze is there.

Here are the call ups:

Abbiati, Dida
Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta
Ambrosini, Beckham, Cardacio, Flamini
Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

I wonder about maybe wrapping Il Capitano in cotton wool for this one given that the derby is next week.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2009, 11:17 AM) *
I wonder about maybe wrapping Il Capitano in cotton wool for this one given that the derby is next week.

Thing is, that will defeat its own purpose if we don't get the full 3 points against Reggina. Our defense is shaky enough as it is. Without Maldini it resembles a rusty colander.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2009, 05:17 PM) *
So, Carletto lied. Kaladze is there.

Here are the call ups:

Abbiati, Dida
Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta
Ambrosini, Beckham, Cardacio, Flamini
Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Like max said, it would defeat the purpose of trying to keep Maldini from injury if we lose points here because he's not playing.

Either way, these 3 points are just as important as the ones from the derby, if not more. We have an easy game (on paper) I would prefer getting these 3 points, rather then losing these and maybe managing to win agaist Inter. These are the easier 3 points out of the 2. Sure the derby is special and all but atm all I care about is the point. And there is a serious chance that we don't get all 3 against Inter (let's not forget, they are the home team) better do whatever we can to get these 3 before we face Inter
acid911
Boy, if we somehow do manage to win the Scudetto, a whole lot of credit should go to Maldini for keeping our backline in check. I already dread to imagine what it would have looked like in Nesta's absence and regular injuries to other so called defenders. sleep.gif Paolo, for me, is a prime example of a player who's constantly given his 100% day in and day out, in each match this season. We'd have been very lost if he had retired a couple of years back.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2009, 04:03 PM) *

Not so bad news...

Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good

freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif
Tennie
Note for anyone who may happen to be in Milan -- they're selling tickets on acmilan.com to foreign fans only (ie, not to residents of Italy). Selection is crap (the corners on 1 r and 1 a, then 2nd and 3d rings) but at least tickets are doable in advance.

It looks like this will be the case for future games as well.
CrazyMilanFan
OH kaladze is back so we will concede some cheap goals
Tennie
(cue blanket criticism of unpopular players.)

And Kaladze is worse than Senderos in what way?
Fillipo Simone
After Senderos, Kaladze will look very good I suppose..
whoarethepatriots
If we go 2-3 goals up, then i hope to see Darmian thrown on, experience against the bottom boys will do him worlds of good
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2009, 08:40 PM) *
(cue blanket criticism of unpopular players.)

And Kaladze is worse than Senderos in what way?

against small teams kaladze has that error ability which leads to goals against big teams if he playswith maldini or nesta he should be ok..... as for senderos well senderos is younger so these is a chance of him improving his defence skills and decrease the error skils but it is to late for kaladze he has done loads of PHDs on how to perform and error to concede a goals u know touch the ball in box with ur hand innocent.gif
Tennie
I agree with whoarethepatriots (sorry about the parma result, btw). Would love to see Darmian get time if the game's well in hand.
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 6 2009, 09:34 PM) *
OH kaladze is back so we will concede some cheap goals

I don;t think he's 100% fit to play. I'm hoping that it will Bonera and Maldini in the center of that defence, this applies for the Inter game also

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 6 2009, 09:44 PM) *
After Senderos, Kaladze will look very good I suppose..

Well you never know...

I personally think Kaladze isn;t all that bad, he's just not a CB imo, he's always been better when playing at LB, but it would be hoping too much if somehow he would be moved back there because in the center he is just way too error prone
Fillipo Simone
I think it's wiser to keep Maldini ready and fit for Inter. Reggina is the easiest team we can get right now. A Kaladze-Bonera pairing would do it I belive.
elcordobez
Wattha!?

Unavailable: Favalli, Mattioni, Nesta, Emerson, Gattuso, Borriello.

Injured already!?

gal_kenny
Now guys lets not get overcomplacent..Reggina is strong team..We have to play our game well and concentrate b/c i remember we used to struggle against small teams..they're last and we need concentrate and kill the game early
Il Capitano
Ronaldinho must take this chance and show Carlo that he's a man for a starting place otherwise it will make it easier for Carlo to bench him.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 6 2009, 10:03 AM) *
Carletto has given his prematch press conference. Herewith are highlights:
*Pirlo's absence (due to suspension) isn't an insurmountable difficulty
*Beckham will play on the right of midfield
*Ronaldinho is available for selection (I got the impression that he'll probably play though it wasn't stated)
*Kaladze is recovered but still has work to do. He won't be called up for the game.
*Janku will be evaluated for a back problem
*Favster will be evaluated for a muscular problem

WooHooo!!! cool.gif biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
I can't wait for this match .. It is 12 hrs away, but I don't know what to do to kill that time !! blink.gif

I'v been waiting all weekend for it and I am hopeful inter stutter at Lecce this evenning (another match I am looking forward too). I think by now, many teams know they can intimidate inter and are not as fearful as before.

Regardless of the result at Lecce, Milan need to keep winning in the coming weeks; as inter will have a headache between the CL clashes and the league.

p.s. I'd say a 3-0 for Milan devilsmiley.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 7 2009, 08:40 AM) *
I can't wait for this match .. It is 12 hrs away, but I don't know what to do to kill that time !! blink.gif

I'v been waiting all weekend for it and I am hopeful inter stutter at Lecce this evenning (another match I am looking forward too). I think by now, many teams know they can intimidate inter and are not as fearful as before.

Regardless of the result at Lecce, Milan need to keep winning in the coming weeks; as inter will have a headache between the CL clashes and the league.

Agreed on both cases.

I'm hoping that the team doesn't get complacent because it's Reggina. We need these 3 points going into the Inter match next week
Fillipo Simone
Lecce to me seems like a typicall relegation team that still is dangerous, something like Perugia. Reggina on the other hand. Their Serie B course seems to be set very directly.

Expect a Milan 1-0 win.
Tennie
Not sure if it's been said before this but Di Gennaro is likely to play for Reggina.
kizo
It's kinda Offtopic, but what do you think about this formation? When we have Sandro and Rino Back

I Know that Carlo will never use it anyway

Will it Work?

----------------------------------Abiatti---------------------------

Zambrotta---------------------Nesta----------------------Janku

--------------------Rino-----------------------Ambro------------

----------------------------------Pirlo-----------------------------

-----Beckham-----------------Kaka-------------------Ronaldinho

---------------------------------Pato------------------------------

Carlo would die rather than play with 3 defenders
Tennie
I think it's an interesting idea, kizo, but...yeah. What you said about Carlo and 3 defenders. Just don't see it happening.
CrazyMilanFan
3 defender i doubt that gonna happen
Zed.D
I don't doubt that's going to happen, because that is not going to happen! it's not a wise thing to do anyway since we barely manage to keep a clean sheet with four defenders. I can't even imagine what would happen if we played with only three.

I predict a 3-1 win for Milan. hopefully I see Pato's name on the scoresheet at the end of the game.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kizo @ Feb 7 2009, 12:42 PM) *
It's kinda Offtopic, but what do you think about this formation? When we have Sandro and Rino Back

I Know that Carlo will never use it anyway

Will it Work?

----------------------------------Abiatti---------------------------

Zambrotta---------------------Nesta----------------------Janku

--------------------Rino-----------------------Ambro------------

----------------------------------Pirlo-----------------------------

-----Beckham-----------------Kaka-------------------Ronaldinho

---------------------------------Pato------------------------------

Carlo would die rather than play with 3 defenders

Looks to me like a kamikaze tactic. Sorry, but one real CB and two "unnatural" defenders in the same line...even against Reggina looks very frightening. Maybe as a gun-ho option, otherwise I'd be intimidated...
Ry4n
I predict 4 - 0 win devilsmiley.gif
ACMBoY
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Feb 7 2009, 10:26 AM) *
I predict 4 - 0 win devilsmiley.gif

i hope biggrin.gif
Il Capitano

probable line ups for the game.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Feb 7 2009, 03:33 PM) *

whihc website linups are these i hope it is true
Ry4n
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Feb 7 2009, 03:33 PM) *

Like the line up hope its true , Bonera's playing smile.gif
Tennie
(presuambly I won't be attacked for this sort of observation).

Hopefully Bonera will behave. He's 1 card from a suspension.
han2503
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Feb 7 2009, 04:33 PM) *

Seedorf will probably start... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 7 2009, 04:56 PM) *
(presuambly I won't be attacked for this sort of observation).

Hopefully Bonera will behave. He's 1 card from a suspension.

(that's a bit too much)

And you are right we would be down right screwed if something happened to Bonera or Maldini
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Feb 7 2009, 01:58 AM) *
Ronaldinho must take this chance and show Carlo that he's a man for a starting place otherwise it will make it easier for Carlo to bench him.

Precisely. Tonight is the chance for R80 to prove he's worthy of a starting spot - I won't hold my breath though!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.