Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reds' Agger set to join AC Milan - report
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
novfan
Reds' Agger set to join AC Milan - report
From ESPN Soccernet.com

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is set for a move to AC Milan if reports in Denmark are to be believed.

Agger: Has failed to win back his place at Anfield.
The Danish international defender has failed to recover his first-team place after missing the entire 2007-8 season with a foot injury. Agger has been reportedly unhappy with the lack of opportunities and the lack of a new contract.

Despite injury to Martin Skrtel, Agger has made just nine appearances for Liverpool.

The Daily Mail reported on Thursday that his representative Per Steffensen met San Siro sporting director Ariedo Braida and Italian agent Rino Foschi for lunch in Milan this week.

Danish website Tipsbladet says that the Rossoneri wanted the defender, who starred for the Reds in their run to the 2007 Champions League Final they lost to Milan, as a replacement for Alessandro Nesta, on whom injuries have taken their toll.

Tipsbladet reports that a fee of 60 million kroner, around £7.5m, has been agreed.

CrazyMilanFan
this story over shadowed by kaka leaving stuff
agenth
i'd say good deal. 9 million and 4 year?

methinks nice°!
Zed.D
Hope he comes. he will improve the situation in defense, no doubt.
Tennie
Ooo. If he does come, we could use THIS:
Fillipo Simone
Well, I'm all for it! Hope he comes. He's nothing that special but it seems we like him and he's kind off differently good then any of our present defenders.
dst
Next year it's going to be Kaladze, Thiago Silva, Favalli, Bonera, Darmian, Agger and probably Nesta? KK, Silva and Bonera are all second-choice players in my view and I can't see where they'll all fit in... this makes me believe Nesta's situation might be worse than he though it was when he said he'd get back... but then again... that defense is not good enough without Nesta, it's simply second class. If we want to get up a level we should splash it out and not go for the likes of Agger!

I pray to Paolo for Nesta's return! sleep.gif
Fillipo Simone
You're completely right. Milan should wait for a world class defender. We should be the first in line, wherever and whenever a chance comes up...
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 16 2009, 12:51 AM) *
You're completely right. Milan should wait for a world class defender. We should be the first in line, wherever and whenever a chance comes up...

There's Kolo Toure but it does not seem as if Milan are interested in him.
Tennie
(Fishdoll thinks that, if Kaka does go for that insane money, we should buy Chiellini).
Bluesummers
OFFICAL: 4 YEARS 9M EURO
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 16 2009, 04:00 AM) *
(Fishdoll thinks that, if Kaka does go for that insane money, we should buy Chiellini).

Essie's with fishdoll on this... sad.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 16 2009, 03:59 AM) *
There's Kolo Toure but it does not seem as if Milan are interested in him.

You are interested in him, and his bum smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^

laugh.gif <High 5> 1899% agreed.
Rivaldo
and where is Agger?))
MizNelson
Considering the sources (Daily Mail and some Danish paper), I'd hold my excitement for the time being. I would like to see him here, but why are we always interested in players coming off major injuries?
Jack Sparrow
They're cheaper, since we have the 'injury-prone' bargaining chip. biggrin.gif
pacang

it's been a while since i logged in.. sorry guys but my pc is also injury-prone (no lightning strike protection)

Agger.. considering his age, ability and his long shot prowess, i'd say it's worth the money..

acid911
QUOTE (pacang @ Jan 20 2009, 06:29 AM) *
it's been a while since i logged in.. sorry guys but my pc is also injury-prone (no lightning strike protection)

Yeah, I've been wondering where you've been. Good to have you back! king.gif

QUOTE (pacang @ Jan 20 2009, 06:29 AM) *
Agger.. considering his age, ability and his long shot prowess, i'd say it's worth the money..

I concur. He isn't the new Nesta (who is, anyway?) but just the right age, height and experience. I say we go for him, even more so in this transfer window if we want to have a smidgen of a chance for the Scudetto. smile.gif I know we also have that new Brazilian CB who'll play from next season onwards, but Agger would be a much needed buy.
PatitoFeo
I'm a big fan of Agger - a very smart defender who is surprisingly physical for his build. He gets the odd knock, but who doesn't in the EPL?
acid911
QUOTE (PatitoFeo @ Jan 22 2009, 08:26 AM) *
I'm a big fan of Agger - a very smart defender who is surprisingly physical for his build. He gets the odd knock, but who doesn't in the EPL?

True. innocent.gif Anyway, we have only 7-8 days to make the deal, if alone, make the deal. The transfer window closes January 31, and I'd be happy with at least one more signing, Agger being the primary choice.
pacang

agreed.. so, bosses better act fast..
Jack Sparrow
Not gonna happen.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 22 2009, 02:42 PM) *
Not gonna happen.

Not good, then. sad.gif Even if Nesta is here and doesn't get injured again, still we need depth.
Jack Sparrow
We do...but Rafa's psycho and will demand an arm and a leg. Milan won't go for second rate defenders either, since we already have Senderos.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 22 2009, 05:55 AM) *
We do...but Rafa's psycho and will demand an arm and a leg. Milan won't go for second rate defenders either, since we already have Senderos.

I'm sure Senderos isn't that high! dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif

He is. He has all the good attributes and skills. His head is completely somewhere else though. I've seen him play some tremendous matches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.