Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juve top fan League table
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Zed.D
Juve top fan League table

Wednesday 17 December, 2008

A survey in the peninsula has found that Juventus are by far and away the best supported side in Serie A.

The Old Lady have traditionally been the most popular club in Italy and the Calciopoli crisis hasn't made any dent on their fan-base.

According to a study undertaken during last summer by the Nielsen Institute Italia, Juve have almost double the number of fans of their closest rivals Inter.

Milan follow closely in third with nearly six million supporters before a sizeable gap to Napoli and Roma.

Unsurprisingly, Veronese minnows Chievo have the fewest fans with a meagre 4,800 stressing their allegiance to the Flying Donkeys.

Nielsen Italia's Serie A rankings in full:
1. Juventus (10,040,000 fans)
2. Inter (5,928,000)
3. Milan (5,818,000)
4. Napoli (2,887,000)
5. Roma (2,493,000)
6. Fiorentina (2,080,000)
7. Lazio (1,791,000)
8. Palermo (1,470,000)
9. Torino (1,153,000)
10. Genoa (1,030,000)
11. Bologna (871,000)
12. Catania (649,000)
13. Sampdoria (585,000)
14. Cagliari (312,000)
15. Udinese (298,000)
16. Reggina (176,000)
17. Atalanta (119,000)
18. Lecce (105,000)
19. Siena (38,500)
20. Chievo (4,800)

Nothing new. Juve have always been the most supported team in Italy and will always be. but Inter above us? dry.gif
Tennie
Is there any information on who conducted this survey and when? I'm surprised to see the cugini above us and Roma above Lazio (usually it's the other way around).
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 17 2008, 02:56 PM) *
Is there any information on who conducted this survey and when? I'm surprised to see the cugini above us and Roma above Lazio (usually it's the other way around).

Yup usualy is
kurtsimonw
Chievo have less than 5,000 fans? This can't be right, surely not!
Habitant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 17 2008, 12:56 PM) *

the past couple of years i've herd this from different sources, not that i remember specifically were but i'm sure it's accurate.
Tennie
If you could remember and/or dig up the sources, I'd be really grateful, Hab. The poll shows a big shift in support; not that I doubt a shift is possible, I'd just like to look at the mechanics (sorry, this is me being a geek. I did a statistical analysis as part of my master's thesis).
Zed.D
Maybe Lazio have more fans in Italy, and Roma have more fans in Rome?

Also, Milan could be the better supported club in Milano (since we have a better home attendance), but in the whole of Italy, Inter have about 100k more? I don't think it's BS (I mean maybe Nielsen Institute Italia actually exists and has done this survey!).

PS it's nice to see Napoli in the 4th place!
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 18 2008, 04:15 PM) *
Maybe Lazio have more fans in Italy, and Roma have more fans in Rome?

Could very well be. innocent.gif

Also, Milan could be the better supported club in Milano (since we have a better home attendance), but in the whole of Italy, Inter have about 100k more? I don't think it's BS (I mean maybe Nielsen Institute Italia actually exists and has done this survey!).

inter has been winning the league for more than quite a while, so that's no surprise they're above us. Plus, not to mention they have some great players (and a popular coach). I'd like to think it's quite popular with the neutrals - people who have an interest in Serie A, but not a particular team (or their team is in a lower league).

PS it's nice to see Napoli in the 4th place!

biggrin.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 18 2008, 03:56 PM) *
inter has been winning the league for more than quite a while, so that's no surprise they're above us. Plus, not to mention they have some great players (and a popular coach). I'd like to think it's quite popular with the neutrals - people who have an interest in Serie A, but not a particular team (or their team is in a lower league).

I agree. their good form in the league in the past 2 seasons, plus the popularity of their players+coach outweighs ours right now. I don't think things were like this before the Calciopoli.

biggrin.gif

Screw you biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 18 2008, 07:03 PM) *
I agree. their good form in the league in the past 2 seasons, plus the popularity of their players+coach outweighs ours right now. I don't think things were like this before the Calciopoli.

No, they weren't. It doesn't matter how they become the champions, they are. 96.gif And this at least adds to their popularity. And we may as well has lost some. Not die hard and regular ones, but there are some quick fast-food-fans who change clubs depending on players who're there. inter just snapped up Ibra a couple of seasons back!

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Dec 18 2008, 07:03 PM) *
Screw you

Thank you. You too! innocent.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.