Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Armband For Life
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Tennie
In each issue of Forza Milan magazine, a player is interviewed by 2 of his teammates. In the current issue (issue #500), Matteo Darmian is interviewed by Paolo Maldini and Andrea Pirlo. Here's my translation of the article. Thanks and a cookie to dst for pointing me at the article. 96.gif

Matteo darmian is one of the most promising young players of the club, and he's been spoken well of for some time and has played for the National youth teams. The defender, who turned 19 on December 2, has a lot of dreams, including someday wearing the captain's armband for Milan. Here is how he's answered questions of his current captain and to another exponent of the old guard.

Maldini's questions
-You've played in the youth teams at Milan. What did you feel the first time you played with the first team?
"I was really excited, because I didn't expect to be called up with the 'grownups'. But i thappened and it was an extraordinary experience. Everyone was very welcoming and didn't make me feel the weight of my first call up."

-Were you in awe of any of the players?
"No, not one in particular, but all of them. Being great champions, I understood that it was and is possible to learn from all of you."

-How did you come to play football?
"It's always been my passion. I started to play with the club of my hometown, after 4 years I tried out for Milan and came there. At first it was just fun, but then I started to think more about the result."

-From captain to captain: I hope one day that you wear the armband of the first team...
"(Fishdoll note: last year, Darmian was captain of the Primavera) That's so far away for me that I don't really think about it. SUre, it'd be a dream, another dream that perhaps could come true. It'd be a very strong emotion, but now it's better not to think of it. In any event, thanks from the heart for the wish you made for me."

-What do you think of Carlo Ancelotti?
"He's a great coach. The facts speak, because he's won so much and I don't think he could be judged otherwise."

Pirlo's questions
-Who's hardest to mark in training?
"Nobody in particular, but all at the same time. Milan has great champions and being near them is a pleasure. In training it's alway shard to mark Sheva, as well as Pato, Inzaghi Ronaldinho...they're all hard! But I need to say that it's also important because marking them, even in training, gives you the opportunity to learn."

-What do you remember of your debut with the first team?
"It's a very happy memory. I debuted in the Coppa Italia against Brescia. The day before I was in ritiro with the Nazionale and Coach Rocca told me 'I'm letting you go to play a few minutes'. That's what happened. It was an emotion I'll carry with me all my life because feelings like that can't be repeated."

-You had Filippo Galli as a coach with the Primavera, how did he behave with you?
"Always well, because he's a great professiona. He behaved in an exemplary manner both in positive and negative moments. Now that I've met back up with him in the senior team, I'll note that his personality is the type necessary to coach even great champions like you."

-Did you score any goals with the Primavera?
"Few, very few. You can count them on your hands: 2 last year, 2 the year before, and 5 with the Allievi Nazionali."

-Among your former Primavera teammates, was there someone who deserved to stay with Milan?
"I have one name in mind: Alberto Paloschi. According to me he could have stayed and played his chances, but he chose otherwise for his own good. For the rest, I dont' think it's right to name names because the club decides and does so for the best of the team. The club has such experience that I don't feel right offering suggestions: with all that the club has won in these years, it's demostrated the ability to make good choices."
acid911
Good show, Tennie. 96.gif An excellent read. Then again anything that has Paolo in it is an excellent read.
amancik
Fantastic read. So when is he gonna be played?
Jack Sparrow
Ah...so for Palo is was choice...while Matteo chose to stay. I don't blame him. Strikers are better off playing, while there was nowhere else that Matteo could have learnt better. I mean he learns defending by marking Pato, Kaka and co. Whew..talk of a school of hard knocks!
aLbErTo
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 9 2008, 06:52 AM) *
Ah...so for Palo is was choice...while Matteo chose to stay. I don't blame him. Strikers are better off playing, while there was nowhere else that Matteo could have learnt better. I mean he learns defending by marking Pato, Kaka and co. Whew..talk of a school of hard knocks!

...yeah, and he learns that by watchin maldini, favalli, nesta...even kaladze smile.gif
Zed.D
Fantastic. thanks!
Ry4n
Cheers Tennie great post !!
m1ke
Thanks for the translation Tennie.
CrazyMilanFan
Thanks a lot
dst
Big thanks! devil.gif
whoarethepatriots
This is great thanks. Its nice to see he hasnt been forgotten
TriniKing_CE
Good read - thanx for the translation
And I guess thanx to dst as well!
Fillipo Simone
Thanks for the translation. If I saw this just earlier, I wouldn't have lost hours with my italian dictionary...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.