Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New defender in January?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2
Fillipo Simone
Many rumors. Mediaset, Calciomercato and goal.com among others mention two names: Agger (Liverpool) and Munoz (Boca Juniors). Since they both are young we could give them at least a chance.

02/12/2008 02:51
Milan Linked With Boca Juniors Defender
Milan have been linked with Boca Juniors defender Ezequiel Munoz...
The names of the players linked with Milan often change, but it seems the club is always linked with a central defender as they seem to constantly exhibit problems in the area of the pitch.

The Rossoneri have conceded a few soft goals this season and have had to deal with the injury enforced absences of Alessandro Nesta (pictured) and Phillipe Senderos at the back. Furthermore, they must look for a replacement for the aging Paolo Maldini, who will retire at the end of the season.

On Monday, the Rossoneri were linked with Boca Juniors defender Ezequiel Munoz. According to Calciomercato, Milan have already begun negotiations for the 18-year-old, who is highly expected to achieve great things.

However, it is likely that Milan will have to fend off plenty of competition for the player, in the form of Porto, Atletico Madrid, and Real Madrid.

Milan's defence has looked extremely shaky in their last two matches. They have conceded 5 goals in total to Palermo and Torino.

02/12/2008 13:32
Milan To Make A Move For Agger?

Alarm bells are ringing in defence for the Rossoneri but the club have the key to resolve the problem, the only thing is that it's in Liverpool...

Milan's 3-1 loss to Palermo at the weekend has caused the alarm bells to start ringing at San Siro and the race for a defender is now on.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti and vice-president Adriano Galliani were furious following the loss in Sicily and they have made a plan to bring in some muscle at the back during the transfer window.

Arsenal's loss, well, is Arsenal's gain as Philippe Senderos has been shocking at the back for the Rossoneri.

Paolo Maldini can't keep going and Alessandro Nesta's constant injury woes have led the club to look elsewhere.

Il Corriere Dello Sport claims Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has been added onto the Italian club's Christmas wishlist.

Ancelotti is a keen admirer of the stopper but his contract expires in 2010.

However, 'The Reds' debts are in Milan's favour as the Merseysiders could consider selling their man. €8 million should be enough to take Agger to San Siro.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
kurtsimonw
Agger? No thankyou. We need somebody World class, not just 'good'.
Habitant
i may have seen this guy a few times since i'll watch the odd boca game, bu theres no way carlo is going to play this guy (not that i blame him. i know nothing about this guy) but even agger who should be considered for a starting spot wont get the time of day.

they need to be a big name, played 3-4 years with milan or be over 30 for carlo to even consider them.

we need help in our starting 11, not depth.
Habitant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 3 2008, 02:06 AM) *
Agger? No thankyou. We need somebody World class, not just 'good'.

agger > kaladze/senderos

agger = bonera

maldini just cant keep up with anyone with pace and nesta is always injured.

so with our present situation i would consider him.

btw liverpool have one of the best defenses in the world, and i've seen him play well many times and i like his aggressiveness on set pieces.
Jack Sparrow
These names sound plausible. Agger more so, because we would prefer someone with CL experience. However in January?? I think not...

However Agger is doubtful, unless the player puts pressure. Rafa will overprice his players as usual. rolleyes.gif

Daniel Agger for 15 mill...I'm sure.
Darunia
Milan won't sign anyone in january sad.gif

according to Carlo. It's too bad, we need defensive cover badly.
Fillipo Simone
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moris thinks of Milan
Wednesday 3 December, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palermo stopper Moris Carrozzieri is dreaming of a move to Italian and European giants Milan.

The imposing central defender has been paired with the Rossoneri of late after a bright start to life in Sicily.

“A transfer to Milan? If only,” smiled the 28-year-old. “After all, I have a lot of friends already there…”

Milan are struggling for centre-backs with Alessandro Nesta still suffering with injury, while summer buy Philippe Senderos has had his fitness troubles too.

“I grew up on the streets and have got to where I am today without any recommendations,” added the Giulianova native who doesn't seem to be a typical Milan target. “I'm stubborn but generous.”

Carrozzieri also wanted to thank Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini for his recent show of faith in his abilities.

Palermo were being linked with a move for Lazio stopper Emilson Cribari, but the fiery chief seems to be happy with what he has.

“When Zamparini was asked about Cribari he simply responded by saying that he would keep his Carrozzieri,” added the Italian.

“That was a great thing to say. It's very pleasing to hear such things.”

Carrozzieri is an old-fashioned rugged centre-back who may lack technique but not tenacity.

Having started his career in Serie B with Castel Di Sangro back in 1997, he's appeared in Serie A for Sampdoria and Atalanta.

He joined Palermo in the summer at the request of the now axed Stefano Colantuono.

I saw him play mostly for Atalanta. He wasn't bad, very strong, aerialy tuff and stable. But I don't like him. Reminds me to much of Matrix.

Zed.D
Nice avatar Fillipo!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Dec 4 2008, 12:42 PM) *
Nice avatar Fillipo!!

Thanks, wink.gif devilsmiley.gif ..
Astafjevs
In terms of cover, we're actually OK. Senderos, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta and Bonera. 5 legitimate central defenders. The problem is that too many get injured too often, and Senderos isn't Milan quality.

That's why I can't see Galliani/Carletto going for a defender in Jan. As far as they're concerned, the cover is there and is good. Nevertheless, we do need a young, top-class, central defender.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Astafjevs @ Dec 4 2008, 11:15 PM) *
In terms of cover, we're actually OK. Senderos, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta and Bonera. 5 legitimate central defenders. The problem is that too many get injured too often, and Senderos isn't Milan quality.

That's why I can't see Galliani/Carletto going for a defender in Jan. As far as they're concerned, the cover is there and is good. Nevertheless, we do need a young, top-class, central defender.

I don't think either Senderos or Kaladze are Milan quality, and as you said, injuries are a problem. I'd be surprised if Nesta and Maldini even play 40 games combined this season!

Welcome, by the way. smile.gif
Astafjevs
Thanks smile.gif

Kaladze has been poor this year. Was solid a few years back, but errors have started to creep into his game. The fact Bonera is starting to be the preferred choice to partner Maldini (in Nesta's absence) speaks volumes.
Jack Sparrow
I think Kaladze is Milan class, but not first XI class, esp lately. IMO, he's still one of the best clutch CBs in the world. Superb second choice...

We've got the best second choice and third choice CBs in the world in Kala and Fav...problem is they're playing as first choice. sad.gif
xcube
i hope to see sergio Ramos with the team because the team need Ramos material ( Young and Fast )
chelseafanlello
Talking about good CB's, i'm not saying this cause i am a chelsea supporter, but Alex, he is a good center back, and just can't find his place in our starting eleve. He is strong in the air, and has a powerful shot, and sometimes helps in offence. He can be perfect for AC Milan. He isn't young, and he isn't old. (26 Years Old). Or maybe even Philippe Mexes from Roma or Chiellini from Juve, and even Branislav Ivanovic was linked with a move to milan, from what i hear.
Fillipo Simone
Welcome Chelsea fan!

Ivanovic was supposed to be signed by Milan last summer but...the deal blew off. But I don't think he's what Milan needs right now. Alex is good, I agree, but I'm not so sure we should expand our brazilian contingent any more. Mexes would be just fine, he's doing good and I think he already outgrown Roma in some ways.
Tennie
You named some good options, Chelsea fan. The problem is that Milan cannot take any more non-eu players this year (in Italy, there's a rule that limits non-eu acquisitions to two a year and Milan have already bought their two) so neither Ivanovic nor Alex are options for January. I think we'd all be thrilled to get Chiellini but as has been stated in other threads, he's a key player for Juventus and they're very unlikely to let him go for any reason. Mexes is a good option too, and probably the most likely of the list you named.
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 5 2009, 11:32 AM) *
I'm not so sure we should expand our brazilian contingent any more

What's with this obsession you and Tennie have?
Tennie
For my part, dst, I'd rather see an Italian Milan rather than a Brazilian one.
chrismcb
I think Daniel Agger would be a good but as he's a solid defender. Also I like Mexes but would he come at a cheap price?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 5 2009, 02:22 PM) *
What's with this obsession you and Tennie have?

Well, I think we have enough of them. I do consider football a sport where nationality matters in a way that it gives identity. If you have 10 brazilians on field, you get that "brazilian mojo" and identity. I like them, but not that much to dream of a all-brazilian Milan squad.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 5 2009, 08:20 PM) *
Well, I think we have enough of them. I do consider football a sport where nationality matters in a way that it gives identity. If you have 10 brazilians on field, you get that "brazilian mojo" and identity. I like them, but not that much to dream of a all-brazilian Milan squad.

What about having one less Brazilian than Italians? innocent.gif I don't mind anyone as long as they help us win, and as long as we have an Italian core. But saying no to Brazilians just because they're Brazilians isn't the wisest of ideas. If they are good, they're good. And this goes for everyone, excluding Italians to preserve the core.

Just my humble $0.02!
Tennie
Thing is, acid, it seems to me like a lot of folks aer saying yes to Brazilians just because they're Brazilians. And I don't like that. Also, to me an Italian core isn't 50% +1. It's ideally something more like 75%.
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 5 2009, 08:45 PM) *
Thing is, acid, it seems to me like a lot of folks aer saying yes to Brazilians just because they're Brazilians. And I don't like that. Also, to me an Italian core isn't 50% +1. It's ideally something more like 75%.

Provided they qualify. 96.gif Problem is I don't see that happening much, in this generation. The time of guys like Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Gattuso, and friends has come and gone. The new batch is decent, if not spectacular, and spectacular is a must for club like Milan. I'd take players from other nationalities if no other Italian is available that is equal to or better than them.

We have to win games, after all. What good is an all Italian club if it can't win regularly!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 5 2009, 04:42 PM) *
What about having one less Brazilian than Italians? innocent.gif I don't mind anyone as long as they help us win, and as long as we have an Italian core. But saying no to Brazilians just because they're Brazilians isn't the wisest of ideas. If they are good, they're good. And this goes for everyone, excluding Italians to preserve the core.

Just my humble $0.02!

By italian core you mean Gattuso-Ambrosini-Pirlo? Cause actually, it could happen that only those three end up first-team players next season. I don't think Milan has a solid italian core anyomore. Especially after Maldini retires.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 5 2009, 05:13 PM) *
Provided they qualify. 96.gif Problem is I don't see that happening much, in this generation. The time of guys like Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Gattuso, and friends has come and gone. The new batch is decent, if not spectacular, and spectacular is a must for club like Milan. I'd take players from other nationalities if no other Italian is available that is equal to or better than them.

We have to win games, after all. What good is an all Italian club if it can't win regularly!

I don't have any problem with Kaka or Ronaldinho or Pato playing for Milan. I just think there are too many brazilians right now. And I'm sure Italy can offer better defenders then Thiago Silva.
Tennie
Acid, I'm shocked that you think Pirlo and Gattuso's time has come and gone.
Zed.D
We're no Juventus. we can never be that Italian because people at the helm of this club have a fetish for foreign players.

it seems to me like a lot of folks aer saying yes to Brazilians just because they're Brazilians.

If it was up to me, I'd only keep Kaka, Pato and Dinho from our current Brazilians...
Tennie
Thing is, zd, Milan traditionally have even more Azzurri starters than the Gobbi. Clearly that's not the case right now. And that fact bothers me.

Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 5 2009, 08:02 PM) *
Thing is, zd, Milan traditionally have even more Azzurri starters than the Gobbi. Clearly that's not the case right now. And that fact bothers me.

Azzurri starters or Italians? that's two different things.

I've heard Juve have had more Italians [overall] in their squad than Milan in recent decades. is that true?
Tennie
I'd have to go back and look year-to-year, zd. Honestly don't know the answer to that one off the top of my head. I suspect that it's actually fairly even between us and them. They've got a good percentage of non-italians in their squad right now too.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 5 2009, 09:13 PM) *
They've got a good percentage of non-italians in their squad right now too.

With players like Marchisio, De Ceglie, Giovinco, etc. emerging, I think it's a matter of time before Juve are back to the kind of team they were before the Calciopoli [having lots of Italians-wise!]. on the other hand many of our Italians are nearing the end of their careers. we don't have many for the future and we're not even trying to do something about it. at least that's my impression. when we go to the transfer market, it's more likely that it is for a foreigner rather than an Italian.
Tennie
Pretty much, zd. That's the thing that makes me very sad about it all and why I keep campaigning so hard (not that my opinion matters at all to milan management) for more young Italians to be brought in.
vnata001
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 5 2009, 08:18 AM) *
I don't have any problem with Kaka or Ronaldinho or Pato playing for Milan. I just think there are too many brazilians right now. And I'm sure Italy can offer better defenders then Thiago Silva.

a bit convenient to say this. sure emerson and dida are replaceable with comparable non-Brazilian talent..it hasn't always been that way, when we had cafu and serginho i wouldn't have traded them for anybody. Hell, I would swap Kaladze for Lucio, Favalli with Kleber..it's not a question of their nationality, it's their quality. It's no coincidence that Milan like Brazilians. The footballers from that country have EARNED their right to play in the club.

i'm going to mark these words abt thiago silva. exactly how can you be so sure. have we seen him play? dry.gif

if our central pairing this season to date was thiago silva and daniel agger i'm "sure" we'd be doing a lot better than we have been with the maldini, favalli, kaladze big 3. yea, said it.
whoarethepatriots
Juve have much more potential Azzurri stars

We have - Paloschi - Darmian (not including U18 from both sides)

they have - Marchisio - De Ceglie - Giovinco - Criscito - Lanzafame

These are off the top of my head and dont include highly promising players like Esposito, Rossi and Pasquato, and the many players they have offloaded like Nocerino, Paro and Palladino
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 5 2009, 09:16 PM) *
By italian core you mean Gattuso-Ambrosini-Pirlo? Cause actually, it could happen that only those three end up first-team players next season. I don't think Milan has a solid italian core anyomore. Especially after Maldini retires.

An Italian core means, an Italian captain and vice, key players in vital positions particularly defense, and having players who have played for Milan for a long stretch of time (meaning they command respect). Of course having around 5-6 starters, as well as Azzurri players is never a bad idea.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 5 2009, 09:18 PM) *

I agree about the Thiago Silva bit, but not about too many Brazilians. innocent.gif There's always room for one or two more, if you ask me. Kidding!

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 5 2009, 09:23 PM) *
Acid, I'm shocked that you think Pirlo and Gattuso's time has come and gone.

They're aren't getting any younger, and beside I was speaking literally. Then again, we should have prepared backup for them, as in players like De Rossi and someone with the characteristics of both Pirlo and Rino as their understudy. The fact that we haven't, and that both these players will retire probably in the next 3-5 doesn't help thing.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2009, 09:30 PM) *
If it was up to me, I'd only keep Kaka, Pato and Dinho from our current Brazilians...

One little word: Dida. realmad.gif

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2009, 09:36 PM) *
Azzurri starters or Italians? that's two different things.

Very different things.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2009, 09:36 PM) *
I've heard Juve have had more Italians [overall] in their squad than Milan in recent decades. is that true?

Yeah, true. Juve contributes more to the Italian NT traditionally than any other club. goodheart.gif Even in the last world cup, there were what, 7 Juve players and maybe 5 Milan players. This has been the case for a few decades, I reckon.
vnata001
and the whole bit about pirlo and gattuso's reign of dominance being over?

maybe not at milan. But i think we all witnessed the beginnings of the changing of the guard at the Euros this summer. The pirlo, gattuso, ambrosini midfield laid an egg. And the younger, Roma midfield of De Rossi, Alquilani, and Perrotta saw more action.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 5 2009, 08:48 PM) *

Good lord, at least let him play his first game then judge him. just because he's Brazilian doesn't mean he's crap at defending.

dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 5 2009, 04:00 PM) *
For my part, dst, I'd rather see an Italian Milan rather than a Brazilian one.

I think everyone would like that. But if it's not Italian it's foreign. Why focus on "the Brazilian contingent"?... I mean what if Thiago Silva was not Brazilian but from an Italian-speaking part of Switzerland? Does that make him less any less of a foreigner? It's as if you have an objection at players being Brazilian in particular rather than not Italian.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 5 2009, 05:20 PM) *

We see football the same way but read above to see what I mean.
In the case we had many foreigners from different parts of the world it would be an assorted bastardized mojo... does that make any difference? If anything, in the case we had not had an Italian core (which I'm totally against) it's better to have a core of some nationality than not a core at all. Not that it makes any difference as to the way I'd look at the team, it would look "lost" to me anyway...

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 5 2009, 06:13 PM) *

Even if there were no Italians good enough to play at the highest level (and I don't think that can ever be as there will always be some) I'd still prefer Milan to have a good number of Italians in the squad and finish 2nd than have none at all in order to win. It's not just about winning, having an identity as a team is more important at least that's what I believe.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 5 2009, 06:18 PM) *

That's what I mean... why say there are too many Brazilians instead of too many foreigners? What difference does it make that our foreigners are mostly from Brazil?
I don't know how good Thiago Silva is but an Italian at the same level, whichever that is, would cost significantly more. I don't think there's any other reason why we did not go for an Italian defender.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2009, 06:30 PM) *

Why not Emerson?

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2009, 06:36 PM) *

I think that's true, not sure though.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst)
Why not Emerson?

Because I forgot to name him sleepysmiley03.gif

Seriously, why are yiu asking? biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Jan 5 2009, 06:59 PM) *

maybe not at milan. But i think we all witnessed the beginnings of the changing of the guard at the Euros this summer. The pirlo, gattuso, ambrosini midfield laid an egg. And the younger, Roma midfield of De Rossi, Alquilani, and Perrotta saw more action.

Pirlo and Gattuso are the best in their position, picking anyone ahead of them is a matter of form or maybe tactics. I'd certainly love to have Aquilani and/or De Rossi in Milan though! Man, would that be great!! sleepysmiley03.gif

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2009, 07:08 PM) *
Seriously, why are yiu asking? biggrin.gif

Because when I'm quoted I Jizz In My Pants!

No seriously, I was just being sarcastic.
Tennie
Vnata, I am going to respectfully agree to disagree with you regarding Brazilians in general having earned the right to play for Milan. I think it's grossly unfair to make blanket generalizations like that. Plus, well, I think you're wrong.

Here is the 2006 WC squad:
Nr. Name Date of Birth Position Clubs Height Weight
1 Gianluigi BUFFON 28/01/1978 GK Juventus (ITA) 190 83
2 Cristian ZACCARDO 21/12/1981 DF Palermo (ITA) 184 77
3 Fabio GROSSO 28/11/1977 DF Palermo (ITA) 190 82
4 Daniele DE ROSSI 24/07/1983 MF AS Rome (ITA) 182 80
5 Fabio CANNAVARO 13/09/1973 DF Juventus (ITA) 175 72
6 Andrea BARZAGLI 08/05/1981 DF Palermo (ITA) 186 79
7 Alessandro DEL PIERO 09/11/1974 FW Juventus (ITA) 173 73
8 Gennaro GATTUSO 09/01/1978 MF AC Milan (ITA) 177 77
9 Luca TONI 26/05/1977 FW Fiorentina (ITA) 194 89
10 Francesco TOTTI 27/09/1976 MF AS Rome (ITA) 180 82
11 Alberto GILARDINO 05/07/1982 FW AC Milan (ITA) 184 79
12 Angelo PERUZZI 16/02/1970 GK 181 88
13 Alessandro NESTA 19/03/1976 DF AC Milan (ITA) 187 79
14 Marco AMELIA 02/04/1982 GK Livorno (ITA) 190 88
15 Vincenzo IAQUINTA 21/11/1979 FW Udinese (ITA) 186 77
16 Mauro CAMORANESI 04/10/1976 MF Juventus (ITA) 174 70
17 Simone BARONE 30/04/1978 MF Palermo (ITA) 180 75
18 Filippo INZAGHI 09/08/1973 FW AC Milan (ITA) 181 74
19 Gianluca ZAMBROTTA 19/02/1977 DF Barcelona (ESP) 181 76
20 Simone PERROTTA 17/09/1977 MF AS Rome (ITA) 178 72
21 Andrea PIRLO 19/05/1979 MF AC Milan (ITA) 177 68
22 Massimo ODDO 14/06/1976 DF AC Milan (ITA) 182 76
23 Marco MATERAZZI 19/08/1973 DF Inter (ITA) 193 82

Looks like technically Juve have one more than Milan, depending on how you choose to count Zambrotta and Oddo.

Acid, I think you'll find that your assertion that Juve have had an azzurri dominance for decades is in error. These things tend to ebb and flow; the balance is with the gobbi right now but it most certainly wasn't in the late 80s and 90s.

acid911
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Jan 5 2009, 09:59 PM) *

True that. innocent.gif The Euros is an excellent example. Sure they are very useful still, but over 30, and it's about time to start looking for replacements, let them train with the original, to learn from the master, no matter if his name is Pirlo or Kaka. This way we can have a transition - not end up with a mess like we did last year.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 5 2009, 10:01 PM) *
Good lord, at least let him play his first game then judge him. just because he's Brazilian doesn't mean he's crap at defending.

+1. I'm still holding the final verdict on Sanderos king.gif Silva is from another planet, seeing as we still have to wait six months to see him play. The jury will be out until he's started (not played) ten or so games.

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 5 2009, 10:03 PM) *
I think everyone would like that. But if it's not Italian it's foreign. Why focus on "the Brazilian contingent"?... I mean what if Thiago Silva was not Brazilian but from an Italian-speaking part of Switzerland? Does that make him less any less of a foreigner? It's as if you have an objection at players being Brazilian in particular rather than not Italian.

Well said. Identity isn't everything, but it's right up there with oxygen. But I don't mind Brazilians one bit, provided they are worth it. If alternate Italians are available, and feasible, then by all means go for them. A Milan starting eleven of all-Italians would be a sight to behold, but make sure they're Azurri starters, not plain Italians.

Even if there were no Italians good enough to play at the highest level (and I don't think that can ever be as there will always be some) I'd still prefer Milan to have a good number of Italians in the squad and finish 2nd than have none at all in order to win. It's not just about winning, having an identity as a team is more important at least that's what I believe.

Winning is a must. Not all matches, but as long as a team is constantly winning, it means it's doing something right. End up 2nd continuously and pretty soon one starts finishing 3rd and 4th, and so on. Just ask Roma. As for Milan the club, I agree with your bit that I don't care just about winning. I'll still be a fan even if we finished 20th. In Serie B. devil.gif I love the club, not it's positions! But remember, winning would mean more revenue and better players, and the cycle continues!

That's what I mean... why say there are too many Brazilians instead of too many foreigners? What difference does it make that our foreigners are mostly from Brazil?
I don't know how good Thiago Silva is but an Italian at the same level, whichever that is, would cost significantly more. I don't think there's any other reason why we did not go for an Italian defender.

My point, exactly.

Why not Emerson?

Why Emerson? realmad.gif He was a top dog when he player in Juve against us. And what does he do now for us. For me he's a finished article. Finito. The Emerson of 5 years back, I can understand. But not a shot bullet like now.
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 5 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Why Emerson? realmad.gif He was a top dog when he player in Juve against us. And what does he do now for us. For me he's a finished article. Finito. The Emerson of 5 years back, I can understand. But not a shot bullet like now.

It's called sarcasm and I use it regularly.
Tennie
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Jan 5 2009, 11:59 AM) *

Actually, they didn't.

Here's the official breakdown.

Name Appearances Minutes Played
Ambrosini 4 263
Aquilani 2 30
De Rossi 3 310
Gattuso 2 175
Perrotta 3 179
Pirlo 3 241
Tennie
My objection to more Brazilians is pretty much encapsulated in vnata's comment:

It's no coincidence that Milan like Brazilians. The footballers from that country have EARNED their right to play in the club

This and the fact that there's so very much more stress put on everything having to do with the brazilian players than the italian and the fact that at times one is attacked for daring to suggest an Italian on the squad might actually be halfway decent and that maybe one of the Brazilians isn't playing well.

Seeng as that's where this particular discussion seems to be heading, this is going to be my last post in this thread.

acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 5 2009, 10:09 PM) *
Pirlo and Gattuso are the best in their position, picking anyone ahead of them is a matter of form or maybe tactics. I'd certainly love to have Aquilani and/or De Rossi in Milan though! Man, would that be great!!

Always look for the future! That's my motto. graduated.gif Pirlo and Gattuso still are the best, but will they be there ten years down the road? Five? I believe once an established player like them turns over 30, it's about ding-dang time to keep an eye out for the heirs.

QUOTE (dst @ Jan 5 2009, 10:23 PM) *
It's called sarcasm and I use it regularly.

Of course it is, and I got it the first time (unlike ZD). innocent.gif But if you think I'd pass a half-decent chance of bashing Emerson when I had it, then you're wrong. Hehe. I used to like the player, but he's more a liability, in my opinion. A slightly younger mid would have been more welcome, someone who'd have given us more years in the future.
Habitant
i think we can all agree they team needs to be improved, especially with young players. also that if we have the choice between a equally good brazilian or italian, for the good of the team (the necessesity to have an italian core) the italian should be picked. but the most import thing is that we sign players that performed, and nationality is secondary.

and it seems that better foreign players are available right now...
dst
Tennie, I think vnata's comment refers to the Brazilians that currently play for Milan. I personally don't think any one of them is at Milan because of his nationality and not because he's considered (by the management and coach) to be a good player. The fact that the club seem to prefer Brazilian to Italian (or any other nationality) in some cases does not mean they buy a book based on its cover and I think it would not be fair to say any one of them does not deserve to be in Milan judging based on their quality. Are there Italian choices just as good and maybe even better? Maybe there are but that does not mean what we got is not good enough. Your logic should then apply to all cases and you should have mentioned that there a few fullbacks out there, some of them Brazilians, that are significantly better than Zambrotta at the moment and so Milan should have looked at them, no? But Zambrotta is still a very good player and he was also a bargain... why can't the same be said about Ronaldinho?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (vnata001 @ Jan 5 2009, 05:54 PM) *
i'm going to mark these words abt thiago silva. exactly how can you be so sure. have we seen him play? dry.gif

Shortly, yes. You can anticipate the other comment which logically follow my answer.

Up till now I had no problem having the brazilian factor around. Kaka, Pato, Cafu, Serginho - all players i rate highly and think we're the most incredible representatives of their nationality. Also, they had exemptional personalities.

The thing is, I in generally don't think it's good to have a dominant foreign contingent. Any. So you understand, I'd be argueing the same points about too many Croatians, Germans, Austrians, Swedes or Liberians in the team. I'm not a racist, nor do I have anything against Brazil. I just don't think the brazilian way is a solution for a defense of AC Milan. And if we sign Alex, next season we'll be watching Alex-Silva for a good part of the season. Now let me ask, would you mind it?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.