CODE
Clubs        Pld   W    D    L    GF  GA   Pts
Milan         2    2    0    0    4    1    6
Wolfsburg     1    1    0    0    5    1    3
Braga         2    1    0    1    3    1    3
Portsmouth    1    0    0    1    0    3    0
Heerenveen    2    0    0    2    2    8    0
han2503
Since no one has opened it yet I tried to take a shot at opening a match thread.

While trying to keep with the team Max set for UEFA Cup threads tongue.gif
Zed.D
Sheva to start this one

han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 24 2008, 05:02 PM) *
Sheva to start this one

Hopefully sleep.gif

btw, Pirlo needs to start this one and atleast play a half, he needs to get match fit pronto
vahid
I know we can't make another 1-0 win,they have Crouch & Defoe as strikers begging.gif
Zed.D
They're an English team after all. we might find it easier to score goals [I'm not underestimating them by any means - I just think their style which is a lot different to Italian teams' will allow us to play better in attack].
han2503
QUOTE (vahid @ Nov 24 2008, 05:23 PM) *
I know we can't make another 1-0 win,they have Crouch & Defoe as strikers begging.gif

Defoe is injured, I think... unsure.gif

As for Crouch, I think he would give us serious problems because of his height, we tend to make the most mistakes when high balls come into our area
kurtsimonw
Defoe was injured for the weekends game, not sure about his fitness for this one.

Anyways, I'm hoping for a destruction, Redknapp didn't leave there long ago so they still have Dirty Harrys germs, kill them I say!
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 24 2008, 10:38 PM) *
They're an English team after all. we might find it easier to score goals [I'm not underestimating them by any means - I just think their style which is a lot different to Italian teams' will allow us to play better in attack].

Judging our current plight, I'd find it hard to underestimate anything. dry.gif Least of all opponent teams, and that too from England that we know nothing of. It's not like they're someone from the league, where players are aware of the opponents skills and faults. It'll be a tough match. Period.

You'd find it's better for your health, zd, when you take each match as a tough mountain to climb. biggrin.gif I do, and it works wonders, really. I go in thinking it'll be the toughest match of our lives, and guess what, it usually is. Been the story of the season so far. And could continue unless we see drastic improvements. Or unlimited supply of luck. Or both.
Fillipo Simone
Porthsmouth hasn't been the same ever since Harry Redknapp left, but we should be aware of them. Hardest UEFA Cup match so far for sure. I'd say we'll play a goalless draw.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 24 2008, 07:41 PM) *
Porthsmouth hasn't been the same ever since Harry Redknapp left, but we should be aware of them. Hardest UEFA Cup match so far for sure. I'd say we'll play a goalless draw.

I think Wolfsburg will be our toughest match.

AS for Portsmouth, apperantly there have already been some complaints from our officials about the changing rooms at Fratton Park. Apparently they're a disaster, with mildew running along the seiling because of a leak they had when it rained
kurtsimonw
Portmouth rose up a few divisions fairly quickly. So they're basically an EPL team with League 1 grade facilities, not nice.
Il Diavolo
Crouch will seek revenge for Athens. laugh.gif Senderos should keep him away from Dida.

Difficult match. A draw makes sense. 1:1 with Sheva scoring of course.
Rossoneri7
I think a Shevchenko - Inzaghi partnership is the right combo upfront. Ronaldinho in support and Pirlo along with Ringo and Flamini
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 24 2008, 10:17 PM) *
I think a Shevchenko - Inzaghi partnership is the right combo upfront. Ronaldinho in support and Pirlo along with Ringo and Flamini

I think Kaka should play this one since he's suspended on the weekend and let Dinho get some rest, at least he should start on the bench imo.

Pirlo and Seedorf should trade a half each, so Pirlo get's match time but doesn't over do it. Maybe start Emerson instead of Gattuso, he's earned some rest.

Senderos and Bonera should start in the middle, no more Kaladze pls
Habitant
i'd rather we play well and win on the weekend, a draw will suffice.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 25 2008, 06:13 AM) *
I think Kaka should play this one since he's suspended on the weekend and let Dinho get some rest, at least he should start on the bench imo.

Pirlo and Seedorf should trade a half each, so Pirlo get's match time but doesn't over do it. Maybe start Emerson instead of Gattuso, he's earned some rest.

agreed
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 25 2008, 09:13 AM) *

didn't know Kaka' was suspended for the next league game .. Well, in that case then yeah Ronnie needs a rest. and about the Swiss, I hope he shows as solid a performance as he did in the last UEFA match.
Ry4n
as always i hope we win ofc but i would like us to come out of this match with no injurys so we can be fresh for Palermo and so on in !!
Zed.D
I wonder whether Kaka's absence from the Palermo game will be a blow for us [not having such a quality player who, even when not in his best day, can decide a game] or a blessing in disguise [we could play with two strikers].

Hope to see Pato in that game at least, preferably alongside Borriello.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 25 2008, 02:19 PM) *
I wonder whether Kaka's absence from the Palermo game will be a blow for us [not having such a quality player who, even when not in his best day, can decide a game] or a blessing in disguise [we could play with two strikers].

Hope to see Pato in that game at least, preferably alongside Borriello.

the worst scernio though could be that seedorf and r80 behind one stiker
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 25 2008, 04:08 PM) *

And most probable..

btw. this us the UEFA cup thread,..
Zed.D
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 25 2008, 06:38 PM) *

Yeah, we can be sure about unlocking Palermo's defense with such attack puke.gif
Fillipo Simone
Palermo conceeded 18 goals so far, which is more then every other team above them at moment. That enough means we'll score most likely. Only question is if we'll struggle back in the defense once again. Is Kaladze suspended now?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 25 2008, 05:16 PM) *
Palermo conceeded 18 goals so far, which is more then every other team above them at moment. That enough means we'll score most likely. Only question is if we'll struggle back in the defense once again. Is Kaladze suspended now?

Uefa thread tongue.gif just kidding i dont think kaladze will be suspended i hope he plays this game and break a bone or 2
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 25 2008, 06:16 PM) *

We've played teams who have been conceeding bucket loads of goals and we strill struggle to score a single goal against them.

As for Kaladze, sadly I don't think he's suspended, so expect to see him on the pitch against Palermo puke.gif
acid911
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Nov 25 2008, 10:30 PM) *
Uefa thread just kidding i dont think kaladze will be suspended i hope he plays this game and break a bone or 2

Or 2 dozen. dry.gif
whoarethepatriots
If Emo plays on thursday (or sunday) then i refuse to watch any more games till january
acid911
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Nov 25 2008, 10:44 PM) *
If Emo plays on thursday (or sunday) then i refuse to watch any more games till january

We'll miss you then, buddy. There is more chance of Milan going to Serie D3 than Emerson not playing in any of these matches. I'd prepare for the worse, if I were you. dry.gif He will play. FACT.
han2503
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Nov 25 2008, 06:44 PM) *

I personally have no problems with him playing UEFA Cup games along side Pirlo/Seedorf and another DM (give Rino some time to rest)

But as far as Serie A goes, he shouldn't even be called up for the matches
I_Rossoneri
Anyone else going to this match? My ticket come through today devilsmiley.gif
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 25 2008, 06:53 PM) *

to far from nottingham specially when UNI si at peak time i am afraid sad.gif
CrazyMilanFan
Milan squad: Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Favalli, Kaladze, Senderos, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 25 2008, 10:24 PM) *

We'll miss you then, buddy. There is more chance of Milan going to Serie D3 than Emerson not playing in any of these matches.

laugh.gif laugh.gif great!

As for Kaladze I have to make a BIG confession. I like the guy. I think he's solid in big games laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 26 2008, 03:25 AM) *
As for Kaladze I have to make a BIG confession. I like the guy. I think he's solid in big games

You're not alone. unsure.gif I don't like the guy one bit, but even I have to admit he has a quality-to-craptality ratio of 51:49. Meaning out of hundred, Kaladze will be good in two more matches than he'll be crap. So yeah, he can stay in the club, unless we find someone really good, then we should dump him. tongue.gif Without thinking, twice.
Ry4n

Have a great time buddy and make as much noise as u can tongue.gif !!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
agronos
I would like to see Pippo and Sheva from the very first minute, if they score they go up in UEFA goals competition, the rest is not so interesting, AC Milan will pass the group leg.
agronos
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 25 2008, 07:53 PM) *

ouuuuuuuuuu
how would I like to be there, to far and so expensive from my country, innocent.gif
m1ke

Where did you get the ticket from dude?
Zed.D
Galliani's latest bullsh1t:

... 4-2-4 o un 4-1-5..."

(for those who are wondering what that is, Baldy's talking about our formation! he sees 4-3-2-1 as a 4-2-4 or a 4-1-5 laugh.gif laugh.gif dig? we can't even score goals with 5 strikers on the pitch rolleyes.gif )
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 26 2008, 12:21 PM) *
Galliani's latest bullsh1t:

... 4-2-4 o un 4-1-5..."

(for those who are wondering what that is, Baldy's talking about our formation! he sees 4-3-2-1 as a 4-2-4 or a 4-1-5 laugh.gif laugh.gif dig? we can't even score goals with 5 strikers on the pitch rolleyes.gif )

Oh so Pirlo has now turned into a striker also along with Seedorf, Kaka and Dinho? Galliani is pushing the term 'old and senail' to it's limits I'm afraid.

As for tomorrows match, apperantly Gazzetta was predicting this formation a couple of days ago

Dida

Zambrotta-Bonera-Favalli-Antonini

Flamini-Emerson-Ambrosini

Kaka

Shevchenko-Inzaghi

That midfield makes me want to puke.gif

Pirlo needs to play at least a half, we need him to be sharp for the game against Palermo, at least give him a half and switch him with Seedorf.

And Senderos should start this one imo, give him some games Carlo!!
acid911
Uh-oh, the old stupid version of Galliani is back. sad.gif Too bad the good one didn't last through the year.
Zed.D
I couldn't resist putting such hilarious quote in my sig rolleyes.gif Galliani is nearly a laugh.

QUOTE (han2503)
That midfield makes me want to puke.gif

I don't think it's gonna be that. at least I hope not... 3 DMs? unsure.gif
Habitant

unless you can pay for my flight, i'll play for the match tickets biggrin.gif

enjoy the game!
whoarethepatriots
I was thinking about heading down south, but my day is too full on Thursday, there is no way i would have been able to make it

Plus i am a broke student, so thats another deterrent tongue.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (m1ke @ Nov 26 2008, 11:02 AM) *
Where did you get the ticket from dude?

http://www.1st4footballtickets.com/tickets...sp?EventId=5780

It cost £87.50 but face value is £20 blink.gif along with p&p it totaled £100 but was the cheapest I could find.

mishie
Training took place at Fratton park and finished just under a hour ago...it consisted of warm up then short sprints and then abdominal work.

A team meeting took place with Mr.Ancelotti follwed by offensive moves and various shapes (formations)

Senderos took part in all training

Tomorrow short work out and strecthing at mid-day in preperation for tomorrows game followed by light lunch...the team will arrive at the ground at around 19.00hours

hope thats ok wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 25 2008, 09:53 PM) *

Cool enjoy the match devil.gif

Don't forget you souvenirs biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 26 2008, 03:04 PM) *
I couldn't resist putting such hilarious quote in my sig rolleyes.gif Galliani is nearly a laugh.

I don't think it's gonna be that. at least I hope not... 3 DMs? unsure.gif

Well we've gone out with 4 DMs before so I wouldn't put it past Carlo rolleyes.gif

That was the team Carlo played with in training btw, so it's not just Gazzetta taking a shot in the dark and guessing a starting 11.

Hopefully one of Seedorf/Pirlo will play instead of Puma since Ambro is back
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 25 2008, 08:53 PM) *

Have fun!! smile.gif Where have you been mate?

James ready for Milan epic
Wednesday 26 November, 2008

Portsmouth goalkeeper David James believes tomorrow's game against Milan is the biggest in the club's history.

While the Rossoneri have picked up six points from six in UEFA Cup Group E so far, Portsmouth are looking to bounce back from last month's 3-0 defeat against Braga.

“I'm on the eve of one of Portsmouth's biggest days,” England 'keeper James told Sky Sports News.

“When I joined the club this is what I wanted to do - make history. This is possibly the biggest fixture ever at Fratton Park.

“Tomorrow will be something to remember for Portsmouth players and supporters.

“We won't be overawed because this is the sort of challenge we look forward to.”

Carlo Ancelotti is expected to make significant changes to his side for the testing away day.

::channel4::

Thank you, David James! cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.