Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Beckham on Loan to Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Tennie
(from acmilan.com)
DAVID BECKHAM
10/30/2008
MILAN - Joint Statement issued by AC Milan and The Los Angeles Galaxy: an agreement has been reached between the Los Angeles Galaxy and AC Milan for the loan of David Beckham effective in January, 2009. David Beckham remains under contract to the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer and will return to the club for training and the start of the 2009 MLS season. AC Milan and the Los Angeles Galaxy have additionally agreed to a technical partnership that will provide great benefit to the L.A. Galaxy. Terms of the agreement will remain confidential.

milanisti
so he will be milan's for 6 months ?
Tennie
No. The MLS season begins in Spring, so he'll be at Milan for around 3 months.
Il Diavolo
Yes, it's official now. What a retarded idea by Galliani. Beckham himself said that he will actually be back for the start of the soccer season in USA, so... he will basically play no more than 12 games for Milan. And who will he replace? Pirlo? Gattuso? I mean, our midfield is doing great so far.

Whatever, time will show.
Tennie
The whole sad thing makes me ill. Okay fine, the club needs the money after missing out on CL this year but...at the cost of selling part of its soul by bringing a guy who - admittedly - was once the 4th best midfielder at Manchester United in for 12 weeks?

Ugh.
mallamkay
its a favourable news
i would fthink we need more defenders and keepers
weeeow
Serie A might start to get popular again with this superstar Milan team.... cool.gif
Devillito
The only think that i hope out of this beckham deal is it will attracts more media coverage, TV, etc..
Well, i personnally feel that Serie A (as a whole) popularity is inclined and nowhere near EPL or La Liga (in terms of reputation), but that might change soon.
One can only hope..
acid911
QUOTE (Devillito @ Nov 1 2008, 12:43 PM) *
The only think that i hope out of this beckham deal is it will attracts more media coverage, TV, etc..
Well, i personnally feel that Serie A (as a whole) popularity is inclined and nowhere near EPL or La Liga (in terms of reputation), but that might change soon.
One can only hope..

Hope is everything! sleepysmiley03.gif Or at least the only thing that matters in the end!
Warchant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 30 2008, 02:48 PM) *
The whole sad thing makes me ill. Okay fine, the club needs the money after missing out on CL this year but...at the cost of selling part of its soul by bringing a guy who - admittedly - was once the 4th best midfielder at Manchester United in for 12 weeks?

Ugh.

if he helps us win games...
acid911
QUOTE (Warchant @ Nov 2 2008, 09:25 AM) *
if he helps us win games...

That's the keyword. cool.gif We need all the help we can get to mount the challenge for the Scudetto.
Tennie
Well if he did, it'd be something more than he's done for the LA Galaxy. smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 2 2008, 04:34 PM) *
Well if he did, it'd be something more than he's done for the LA Galaxy.

+1. I'm with you on this one. smile.gif Then again LA Galaxy is several notches below Milan, and I'm fairly certain the work rate and atmosphere here will help to bring the best out of him. For all that matters, we haven't actually signed him up permanently for some overrated amount. If it doesn't work out, he's off in a matter of months.

I can't predict the future, but one good free kick goal against inter in the derby that wins us 3 points will be more than enough to warrant his loan. cool.gif I wouldn't have personally gone and got him if I were Galliani, but since the guy's coming to us, for free, I can't complain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.