Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan push for Fabregas
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
dst
Milan push for Fabregas
Saturday 11 October, 2008

Milan are looking to the future with bids for Joao Moutinho and Cesc Fabregas as well as hiring Ruud Gullit as a talent scout.

Andrea Pirlo’s injury has ruled him out for two months and this has again shown there is no real tactical replacement for him in the deep midfield role.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, the club is already looking to next season with an attempt to solve this quandary.

They have locked their sights on to Sporting Lisbon star Joao Moutinho, who has a contract until 2013 and an expected price-tag of £20m.

Moutinho is an attacking midfielder who has been transformed into a playmaker in front of the defence.

However, the ideal candidate to reinforce the squad next season is Arsenal star Fabregas.

He had already been tempted into a move by Real Madrid, but currently remains in the Gunners line-up after winning Euro 2008 with Spain.

Milan are planning for the future by looking to the past, as legend Gullit has been hired as a talent scout for the club.

The Dutchman will watch over the North European players to find the best new prospects for Carlo Ancelotti.

::channel4::

I can't see Fabregas staying at Arsenal for long but I doubt he would choose Italy over Spain. I don't like his style of play and I don't believe he's as good as some suggest. I'd look elsewhere...

By the way, isn't it (waaaaaay) too soon for fantacalcio?
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 04:22 PM) *
I can't see Fabregas staying at Arsenal for long but I doubt he would choose Italy over Spain. I don't like his style of play and I don't believe he's as good as some suggest. I'd look elsewhere...

By the way, isn't it (waaaaaay) too soon for fantacalcio?

Still doubting Fabregas, dst?
acid911
Cesc is an immense player, but has some time till he joins the elite league. 96.gif He's on the right track, though! I'll give him that. Came a long way in the last 2-3 years.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 06:02 PM) *

I don't doubt anybody. I'm just saying my evaluation of his qualities is not as high as others'... not as high as your evaluation probably... I'm not saying he's not good I'm just not going crazy over him like other people do. Not that I know better than them, I do the same with other players...
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 06:15 PM) *
I don't doubt anybody. I'm just saying my evaluation of his qualities is not as high as others'... not as high as your evaluation probably... I'm not saying he's not good I'm just not going crazy over him like other people do. Not that I know better than them, I do the same with other players...

Well, last season he played 45 matches, scored 13 goals and provided 24 assists.
This equals making 37 goals in 45 matches, which I have to say is pretty damned impressing for a 21-year old.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 07:21 PM) *
Well, last season he played 45 matches, scored 13 goals and provided 24 assists.
This equals making 37 goals in 45 matches, which I have to say is pretty damned impressing for a 21-year old.

You have an obsession with stats, I myself think stats are not even close to the whole truth; other players with less impressive stats on their record were picked ahead of Fabregas for Spain... what does this mean? It means absolutely nothing cause football is not numbers that's what I think.

You have to be a bit more relaxed... I did not say a single negative thing about him and I get the feeling that you are offended... I'd be dumb if I said he's not a great player and of course what he has achieved is impressive. But he's at the top level now and there differences count. It's not Guy 1 and Guy 2 here we're talking about immense talents and every asset or fault counts for much more than at a 5x5 side... all I'm saying is that I don't like his style (nothing to do with how good he is) and that I don't rate him as high as some people...
Zed.D
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 07:32 PM) *

I know I wouldn't doubt him after he stole the show from our big midfielders in our own backyard last season. but that's just one game. he has done much more than that...

The fact the he's a midfielder makes things even more impressive. I mean, we hadn't even heard the name of many now called world-class midfielders when they were 21. he is much, much ahead of his age, that's for sure.

As for Milan being after him, I think it's just pure bullsh1t, nothing more.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 06:38 PM) *
You have to be a bit more relaxed... I did not say a single negative thing about him and I get the feeling that you are offended... I'd be dumb if I said he's not a great player and of course what he has achieved is impressive. But he's at the top level now and there differences count. It's not Guy 1 and Guy 2 here we're talking about immense talents and every asset or fault counts for much more than at a 5x5 side... all I'm saying is that I don't like his style (nothing to do with how good he is) and that I don't rate him as high as some people...

I'm not offended at all, not even a little bit.
I just found it weird that found him overrated.
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 10:09 PM) *
I'm not offended at all, not even a little bit.
I just found it weird that found him overrated.

I find him overrated but that does not mean I think he's bad... I mean... you think CR is overrated yourself but I don't think you question his qualities...

Even if someone is a semi-God, calling him God means he's being overrated... I hope you get what I mean.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 09:43 PM) *
... I mean... you think CR is overrated yourself but I don't think you question his qualities...

Define "abilities".
dst
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 10:48 PM) *
Define "abilities".

I didn't say abilities... tongue.gif

You want me to define 'quality'? By quality I mean speed, vision, shot, pass... what else could I mean? huh.gif You don't question CR being a world-class player do you? Cause if you do well... you are just biased against him.

So do you get what I mean with the semi-God thing?
KillerMax
As much as I admire Cesc's qualities, I don't think he is a player we actually "need". Pirlo replacement? There will never be a Pirlo replacement. He is unique and that's the end of it. We just need to move on and build the team as we go. If we are willing to spend big money(Fabregas money), we better spend it on a defender next season. There is no way, this management, under the current circumstances, will buy a world class defender AND Fabregas together.
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 11 2008, 10:14 PM) *
I didn't say abilities... tongue.gif

You want me to define 'quality'? By quality I mean speed, vision, shot, pass... what else could I mean? huh.gif You don't question CR being a world-class player do you? Cause if you do well... you are just biased against him.

So do you get what I mean with the semi-God thing?

I get what you mean with the semi-god thing, yes.

Critiana IS pretty fast yes, and he's got something resembling vision that's true, his shot's aren't THAT bad and his passes are decent enough. He's got nothing on Eboue though.

And don't even mention that I'm biased because I've built my biasness to the point where it can't get more explicitically biased. Ok?
KillerMax
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 04:49 PM) *
I get what you mean with the semi-god thing, yes.

Critiana IS pretty fast yes, and he's got something resembling vision that's true, his shot's aren't THAT bad and his passes are decent enough. He's got nothing on Eboue though.

And don't even mention that I'm biased because I've built my biasness to the point where it can't get more explicitically biased. Ok?

Dude, that's biased.
dst
I never compared CR to Eboue... that would be blasphemy, Eboue is da king!
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 12 2008, 12:21 AM) *
I never compared CR to Eboue... that would be blasphemy, Eboue is da king!

Wrong.
Eboue is a burst boil on the king's illegitimate son's inner tigh, and yet comparing C.Ronaldo to him would be blasphemy. And that says more about Ronaldo than of Eboue.
Fillipo Simone
Getting Fabregas would be a nice deal. But I don't see how that would be possible. We've got that department more then just well covered for the next 3-4 years. I'd rather bring a top defender or at least a prospect.
Tennie
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Oct 11 2008, 06:50 PM) *
Wrong.
Eboue is a burst boil on the king's illegitimate son's inner tigh, and yet comparing C.Ronaldo to him would be blasphemy. And that says more about Ronaldo than of Eboue.

Fishdoll's post of the day.

+1 cookie to Locke. 96.gif
CrazyMilanFan
again we are being linked with 35 million move for him i dont get it why would be so keen on another midfielder i mean pirlo has a a injury he has not been dignosed for some dangerous disease...... it is clear we need a world class defender link with ramos makes sense this doesnot
acid911
Yeah, let's drain Arsenal dry after we've done the same to Barcelona! smile.gif Cesc is an amazing player, and I won't mind seeing him here wearing the red and black (irrespective of our history with Spanish players not living up to expectations), but it still is amazing why most of our signings are coming from either Arsenal or Barca.
dst
It's good that we're linked with Fabregas. It means something else is going on... wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
The something else going on?

I think as far a mid-field goes we need

1. Pirlo stand-in
2. Seedorf stand in. Somebody who can play from the mid-3 and connect the treqqies.

I think point 2 is on an importance scale of 1-10 about a 6.

However in defence we need a centre back. And that's a rating of 8.5.

So screw Fabregas...get Senderos. tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 31 2008, 12:56 PM) *
I think point 2 is on an importance scale of 1-10 about a 6.
However in defence we need a centre back. And that's a rating of 8.5.

Someday I'd really like to find out more about how your rating scale works! rolleyes.gif And maybe even borrow it for a week or two to reverse engineer it. If I had this kind of power, who know what I'd have accomplished.
Jack Sparrow
I could tell you how it works. How strong is your quantum mechanics and calculus? I kinda had to complete the unified field theory which Einstein had left unfinished, but it's not used too extensively in my calculations. But you would require it for a figure of accuracy greater than 1 decimal point. Know what I'm saying...

acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 31 2008, 02:40 PM) *
I could tell you how it works. How strong is your quantum mechanics and calculus? I kinda had to complete the unified field theory which Einstein had left unfinished, but it's not used too extensively in my calculations. But you would require it for a figure of accuracy greater than 1 decimal point. Know what I'm saying...

Yeah, I can follow you loud and clear captain. cool.gif Except of course the two thingies you mentioned in bold. I've got a feeling I've seen or met them somewhere, can't recall where. What are they, again, exactly?
Jack Sparrow
Well when you walk out of the San Siro, a 100 yards down the road and to the left is a pizza shop. Walk down the same lane and you'll find a motor garage. That would be Quantum Mechanics. They do a lot of work in restoring old Vauxhalls and Fiats. Mr.Calculus is the proprietor. tongue.gif
acid911
Aha! Thanks for the clarification, Jack. biggrin.gif I'll be forever indebted.
Jack Sparrow
Ah..don't mention it. What are friends for besides giving you wrong directions and cheating with your girlfriends. wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 31 2008, 04:30 PM) *
Ah..don't mention it. What are friends for besides giving you wrong directions and cheating with your girlfriends.

biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
chrismcb

Rejuvenate the team starting with young talent ... from Arsenal. Milan would have allocated 35 million euros to buy the 21 years old Spanish midfielder Fabregas, who would be carefully considering the possibility of a change of air. The rumor comes from England where it is claimed the player is pleased by the courtship of Milan.
The reality is that top Spanish clubs, headed by Real Madrid and Barcelona are monitoring Fabregas, teams that a sixteen year old Fabregas left for an English adventure with the Gunners.
The offer would have been made to the Director General of Arsenal and manager Arsene Wenger, who would be calmly and carefully assessing every possible hypothesis.
The rossoneri would like to have the Spanish talent by January, but this solution, in light of the Gunner’s commitments in the Champions, seems the least practicable. If Milan’s economic proposal was confirmed, the leadership of the club of the Emirates Stadium could hardly refuse.

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=100290

This has been posted quite recently on that website.
Tennie
Thanks for posting that + the link, chrismcb.

It'd be nice if calciomercato would provide some sort of source for the information. 35 million is an awful lot of money (not that Fabregas isn't worth an awful lot). I wonder how much of this is fantacalcio.
chrismcb
I know it is a lot of money however seen as Beckham has come to Milan some have estimated that we will millions through sales of merchandise because of him which may go into the transfer fund.

I think Fabregas would be a good addition however I think we should get him in the summer as a new defender is more important.
Tennie
+1. A new defender (can we even pray for Chiellini?) would definitely be my priority too.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 31 2008, 04:05 PM) *
+1. A new defender (can we even pray for Chiellini?) would definitely be my priority too.

You know it will never happen Tennie. Not only is he a Juve player but no top club in their right minds would sell a top class defender atm since their is such a shortage in that department.

I think we should aim for the lower clubs that have young defenders that are real quality. Santacroce and Zapata would be the most obvious choices. Getting one of these plus 2 other good solid center backs like Bonera was when we bought him, would be good enough imo.

I'm still hoding out for Senderos to do well for us and we end up keeping him.
PatitoFeo
I could see Fabregas as a long term replacement for Pirlo. However, as noted elsewhere, the last two Arsenal signings have thoroughly failed to impress
Jack Sparrow
Cesc is completely different from Pirlo. I don't see Cesc in anything except a narrow diamond midfield.

Ambro/Rino
--------Cesc-------Andy-----
--------------R80------------

Nah..not gonna happen. If Ambro's the new Captain(as per Silvio), he's gotta play. And Rino's too good/big to not play..unless this 'new Milan' plan to sell Rino too (Note that he's not one of the unselleables mentioned by Il Presidente). So I'd say Fuggedaboutit!

kurtsimonw
I think there's only 1 club Cesc would ever leave Arsenal for. It isn't here.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2009, 06:47 PM) *

empoli? tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Newcastle. wink.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
FC koln? tongue.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2009, 11:47 PM) *

Yep, I can't think of a player in the English league that hypes up Juve, Inter or Milan anymore, sad.
bahrain milanesta
I thenk fabre good but It hard to bring fabre to milan
1- fadre is the capten of arsenal
2- arsen winger say that fabre Is the futuer of the team
MizNelson
Sorry, but I think someone's spellchecker has malfunctioned.
han2503
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 20 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Sorry, but I think someone's spellchecker has malfunctioned.

Be easy on the guy, its obvious he's not as fluent in English as you are wink.gif

@ Bahrain Milan, if Fabregas ever leaves Arsenal it would be to go to Barca. It's obvious though that he won't last for much longer at Arsenal, not if he's ambitious and wants to win some silverware...

And welcome to Milanfan btw cool.gif devilsmiley.gif king.gif
Nasko G.
Fabregas would be great. It would be amazing if he comes in AC Milan. I mean a dream come true. But I hope that AC Milan will suprize all the fans by signing him and a high class attacker. Cus personally I want to watch this year season matches in peace, cus last year I almost got a heart attack :LOL tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Nasko G. @ Jul 19 2009, 10:07 PM) *
Fabregas would be great. It would be amazing if he comes in AC Milan. I mean a dream come true. But I hope that AC Milan will suprize all the fans by signing him and a high class attacker. Cus personally I want to watch this year season matches in peace, cus last year I almost got a heart attack :LOL tongue.gif

Fabregas is never something that's going to happen, its something fabricated by the media and it will stay that way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.