gal_kenny
Kaparo can be upfront but it should be like this not 4-3-2-1

--------------------Abbiati---------

----Zambro---Bonera---Maldini---Jankulovski

--------Flamini------Gattuso------Seedorf-----

---------------------Kaka----------------

---------------Pato-------Ronaldinho-----
Darunia
Can Maldini play twice in a week? We're missing all our other CBs though so not much of a choice. Good thing int'l break is after this so some injured players can recover in time for the next game. Darmian is an option if Maldini can't go. Kaka+R80+Seedorf combine well together. Flamini should partner Gattuso, Ambro needs a rest plus he hasn't been playing great lately.
CrazyMilanFan
favailli will play CB
gal_kenny
maybe this is the best time to introduce Darmian and see what he could do because from previous games he play during the preseason he was really good OR we could introduce Ambro as the center defender galliani has been talking bout in emergencies ie(if nesta and senderos don't recover as expected after the break..because Favalli is very unreliable as LB talkless of CB
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Oct 3 2008, 11:57 AM) *
maybe this is the best time to introduce Darmian and see what he could do because from previous games he play during the preseason he was really good OR we could introduce Ambro as the center defender galliani has been talking bout in emergencies ie(if nesta and senderos don't recover as expected after the break..because Favalli is very unreliable as LB talkless of CB

Very Unreliable is a bit hard on Favalli - after all, taking into consideration his age and lack of game time, he tries very hard when called upon, and plenty of the time he does what needs be done.
Though I would admit that he is obviosuly Very far from being the best LB out there!
vahid
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Oct 3 2008, 05:13 PM) *
Very Unreliable is a bit hard on Favalli - after all, taking into consideration his age and lack of game time, he tries very hard when called upon, and plenty of the time he does what needs be done.
Though I would admit that he is obviosuly Very far from being the best LB out there!

+1

I don't know why most of people don't like him,he is a great third choice LB.
Ry4n
Bonera should start aswell as Maldini in defence and Sheva to start !!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Oct 3 2008, 03:18 AM) *
Kaparo can be upfront but it should be like this not 4-3-2-1

--------------------Abbiati---------

----Zambro---Bonera---Maldini---Jankulovski

--------Flamini------Gattuso------Seedorf-----

---------------------Kaka----------------

---------------Pato-------Ronaldinho-----

I'd go with that.. though I wouldn't mind if Sheva starts in place of one of them.
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 3 2008, 08:43 PM) *
I'd go with that.. though I wouldn't mind if Sheva starts in place of one of them.

+1

cool.gif

han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 3 2008, 07:43 PM) *

I think it will be a toss up between Sheva and R10, depends on what Carlo wants to do, but regardless if Ronnie is the one to start he must play as a striker and stay in support of Pato. We can't have both him and Kaka playing deep in midfield while having Pato isolated upfront.

Against Inter it was understandable since we needed to win the midfield battle and it worked very well but against a Cagliari side that look ametourish at best and will try to put eery man they have behind the ball we can't afford to hold men back in midfield. R10 should start a bit wider on the left, Kaka should go through the middle and Pato roaming in and around the box.

But I think Carlo might opt to start with Sheva since Ronaldinho has had 2 consecutive 90 minute outings in the span of a couple of days. And he might want to stick with Sheva to see if he can get some sort of momentum back.

Who knows, as long as we win I don't really care. And thankfully it will be Bonera and Maldini in the center much better pairing then Kala and Maldini. Remember 06/07 season? When Nesta was also injured at the beginning of the season? The Bonera - Maldini pairing worked like a charm
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 4 2008, 02:40 AM) *
Who knows, as long as we win I don't really care. And thankfully it will be Bonera and Maldini in the center much better pairing then Kala and Maldini. Remember 06/07 season? When Nesta was also injured at the beginning of the season? The Bonera - Maldini pairing worked like a charm

What can I tell ya? At my age, I can't even remember where I last left my cellphone. rolleyes.gif
PatitoFeo
I dont like Ronnie playing that far up front - he is not particularly good with back to goal and would probly step on Pato's toes. I prefer the Xmas tree, even though it does lack width at times
YoungGun
Xmas tree doesn't work with small team who defends with 7 8 players
dst
QUOTE (YoungGun @ Oct 4 2008, 03:09 AM) *
Xmas tree doesn't work with small team who defends with 7 8 players

I agree. We should play with two upfront. The only player we have that can be creative against packed defenses is Ronaldinho, if he's in a good day he will create some scoring opportunities.
Zed.D
I hope I'm wrong, but I think we will play with 1 striker...
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 4 2008, 04:58 PM) *
I agree. We should play with two upfront. The only player we have that can be creative against packed defenses is Ronaldinho, if he's in a good day he will create some scoring opportunities.

And here I was sitting thinking that dst didn't think too much of the bucktooth. rolleyes.gif Winds of change? huh.gif Ha!
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 4 2008, 05:07 PM) *
I hope I'm wrong, but I think we will play with 1 striker...

Everyone hopes you're wrong, buddy! wink.gif At the very least in this case. But you should know Carlo by now!
Zed.D
CAGLIARI-MILAN: THE ROSSONERI'S CALLED-UP PLAYERS

10/4/2008

MILAN - These are the 20 called-up player for Cagliari-Mlan:

Abbiati, Dida, Kalac; Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Jankulovski, Maldini, Zambrotta; Ambrosini, Cardacio, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso; Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.
Unavailable players: Favalli, Kaladze, Nesta, Senderos, Pirlo, Borriello.

Only three CBs available... will we FINALLY see Darmian?? I don't think so. even if Maldini couldn't play for whatever reason, I think Darmian would still not play.

I think this will be CARLO'S lineup:

Sheva

Dinho ----- Kaka

Gattuso --- Seedorf --- Ambrosini

Janku ---- Maldini ---- Bonera ---- Zambro

Abbiati
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 4 2008, 12:19 PM) *
Only three CBs available... will we FINALLY see Darmian?? I don't think so. even if Maldini couldn't play for whatever reason, I think Darmian would still not play.

I think this will be CARLO'S lineup:

Sheva

Dinho ----- Kaka

Gattuso --- Seedorf --- Ambrosini

Janku ---- Maldini ---- Bonera ---- Zambro

Abbiati

I'm 99.9% sure that Pato will start, now if it will be next to Sheva with Kaka in support or if it will be with Kaka and Dinho supporting him I'm not sure. But I'm pretty certain that Pato will start. He was rested in midweek for a reason.

I think it will be R10 that might sit this one out, and we go for the old 4-3-1-2 formation
CrazyMilanFan
and when borriello gets fits further trouble for carlo look at our attack options and then look at our CB options lol it is funny
Darunia
Senderos should be back soon... we need some depth at CB right now badly =/
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 4 2008, 01:19 PM) *

Yep, Ambrosini, or Gattuso would be played in CB ahed of Darmian
amancik
I'm pretty confident Pato will start as he was rested against Zurich. We will see Ka-Pa-Ro against Cagliari and if things don't go well, we'll bring in Shevchenko.
Mook
Got to start with 2 strikers again and get the early goal and force Cagliari to actually play.

Sheva and Pato to start with Kaka' supporting them.
Bluesummers
sheva/pato/kaka for me aswell. I hope dinho gets playing time.
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 5 2008, 11:31 AM) *
sheva/pato/kaka for me aswell. I hope dinho gets playing time.

Oh, my! Who killed your avatar Blue? ohmy.gif I've my suspicion that it's Mourinho, but it's too soon to tell!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Mook @ Oct 5 2008, 06:17 AM) *
Got to start with 2 strikers again and get the early goal and force Cagliari to actually play.

+1

But it looks like we'll play with 1 striker:

QUOTE (Carlo)
The solution adopted in the derby was positive, with Kaka, Pato and Ronaldinho. Sheva did well against Zurich, Inzaghi is available for tomorrow and will start from the bench. I think that it’s fair to confirm the three Brazilians who did well against Inter, until tomorrow… (he laughs).

When we played with 2 strikers, we scored 9 goals in 3 games.
When we played with 1 striker, we scored 2 goals in 2 games.

I don't think one can argue that if we hadn't played with 1 striker against Inter and Zurich, we wouldn't have scored more goals overall. against Inter we were lucky to get all the points as we ignored an important unwritten rule that says you do not rely on a 1 goal lead in football! Inter had many chances as well but perhaps luck was on our side [like on the goal we scored which was.. offside]. but not always luck is going to be on our side. I still remember two years of complaints about luck...
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 5 2008, 09:10 AM) *
+1

But it looks like we'll play with 1 striker:

When we played with 2 strikers, we scored 9 goals in 3 games.
When we played with 1 striker, we scored 2 goals in 2 games.

I don't think one can argue that if we hadn't played with 1 striker against Inter and Zurich, we wouldn't have scored more goals overall. against Inter we were lucky to get all the points as we ignored an important unwritten rule that says you do not rely on a 1 goal lead in football! Inter had many chances as well but perhaps luck was on our side [like on the goal we scored which was.. offside]. but not always luck is going to be on our side. I still remember two years of complaints about luck...

Very true but in Carlo's mind the only thing that will registor is the fact that in these last 2 games we managed to keep a cleansheet while playing the xmas tree, where as when we played with 2 strikers we were letting in a goal per game wink.gif

Personally I prefer the 2 striker system, especially against these kinds of teams. Look at the winner Pato scored against Reggina, had we been playing without another striker a defender would have managed to track Pato making the run in the box and managed to cover him if we had 2 midfielders that were playing deeper, instead that defender was busy marking Sheva at the far post leaving Pato free to take the shot.

I guess we'll see what happens tonight, we can always put Sheva in and switch to 4-3-1-2 easily enough, my only worry is that Carlo will take too long to make the sub and it won't make any effect on the game
YoungGun
Suprisely we're in 10th position. If we win, we will be 4th place, a draw means 8th, a lose means 10th or 11th

TT Đội Trận T H B HS Điểm
1 Lazio 6 4 1 1 14-7 13
2 Udinese 6 4 1 1 10-3 13
3 Inter 6 4 1 1 9-5 13
4 Palermo 6 4 0 2 10-8 12
5 Atalanta 6 4 0 2 7-5 12
6 Napoli 6 3 2 1 8-6 11
7 Catania 6 3 2 1 6-4 11
8 Fiorentina 6 3 1 2 6-6 10
9 Genoa 6 3 0 3 9-7 9
10 Milan 5 3 0 2 8-6 9
11 Juventus 6 2 3 1 5-4 9
12 Siena 6 2 2 2 5-4 8
13 Lecce 6 2 2 2 6-6 8
14 Roma 6 2 1 3 8-8 7
15 Torino 6 1 2 3 7-10 5
16 Chievo 6 1 2 3 4-8 5
17 Sampdoria 6 0 4 2 4-8 4
18 Bologna 6 1 0 5 3-9 3
19 Reggina 6 0 2 4 4-10 2
20 Cagliari 5 0 0 5 1-10 0
Ry4n
wish Pirlo was fit he usually always scores a free kick on this ground can anyone back me up on this with some stats im to tired Uni work tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Oct 5 2008, 04:10 PM) *
wish Pirlo was fit he usually always scores a free kick on this ground can anyone back me up on this with some stats im to tired Uni work tongue.gif

he scored a great solo goal there a while back and that winning free kick, but those are the 2 goals I remember him scoring there. Don't know if there's more unsure.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 5 2008, 05:43 PM) *
he scored a great solo goal there a while back and that winning free kick, but those are the 2 goals I remember him scoring there. Don't know if there's more unsure.gif

i remember him scoring one at home aswell lol wink.gif
Rivaldo
It seems to be like:

------------------------------------Abbi---------------------------------------
---------Zambro---------Bonera---------Maldini----------Janku------------
--------------Flamini/Gatto------Seedorf---------Ambrosini----------------
------------------------------Kaka----------Dinho----------------------------
--------------------------------------Pato-------------------------------------

And I hope Pippo will have time to score to dedicate goal his uncle, who died some days ago.
vahid
CAGLIARI - Queste le formazioni ufficiali di Cagliari e Milan, che si preparano a scendere in campo al Sant'Elia:

CAGLIARI: Marchetti; Pisano, Lopez, Bianco, Agostini; Fini, Conti, Biondini; Cossu; Acquafresca, Larrivey.
MILAN: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf; Kakà, Ronaldinho; Pato.

pato as a lone striker dry.gif
Zed.D
Why is Carlo SOOO insistent on the Christmas tree?? this man never changes...
Zed.D
And again no Flamini. he did great in our first few games, but as soon as Gattuso returned he became his substitute. I thought depth meant freedom of rotation but Carlo is too dependent on his old guns. always Gattuso-Ambrosini... neither have anything more to offer than Flamini. I don't why they should always play when they're fit.

I hope we don't renew with Carlo. I'm getting sick of his repetitive formations and lineups. puke.gif
Il Capitano
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 5 2008, 06:58 PM) *
And again no Flamini. he did great in our first few games, but as soon as Gattuso returned he became his substitute. I thought depth meant freedom of rotation but Carlo is too dependent on his old guns. always Gattuso-Ambrosini... neither have anything more to offer than Flamini. I don't why they should always play when they're fit.

I hope we don't renew with Carlo. I'm getting sick of his repetitive formations and lineups. puke.gif

+1

Flamini has been great so far but carlo insist on keeping him on the bench.
CrazyMilanFan
man when will carlo change we will never give youth a chance
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 5 2008, 05:58 PM) *

100% agree with you, especially since Ambro is in terrible form atm. He was really all over the place against Inter and Zurich
Rivaldo
My favourite football channel

http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/310759

))
CrazyMilanFan
half a chance for pato
CrazyMilanFan
our defency is shaky and they could do the damage on counters
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Oct 5 2008, 07:26 PM) *

yeah its a good stream but only bad thing its 4 mins behind dry.gif
CrazyMilanFan
h what a miss by them shiteeee
YoungGun
We should lose 0-2 till the moment sad.gif

2 strikers pls ...
acid911
Maldini's been playing an awful lost of matches consecutively. cool.gif If it was not for him, we'd have missed Nesta pretty bad the way most of our center backs are injured. Grande Paolo!
gal_kenny
This game is really boring..wat the **** is milan doing..i mean this is cagliari for goodness sake..i told ya'll this 4-3-2-1 is wack playing against smaller teams....don't be surprised if they score..they've been the better side for 22 mins now
YoungGun
Everytime they attack, there are 3 players in our box, that means we lose at least 3 defenders for them ---> there is a lot of space in front of our box ---> very dangerous!!!

What we did till the moment??? Just a few passes for Pato and he did nothing except losing the ball.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.