Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ramos on Rossoneri radar
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Zed.D
Ramos on Rossoneri radar

Milan may swoop for unsettled Real Madrid defensive ace Sergio Ramos this summer.

The Rossoneri are lacking options at the back and their ageing defence has been ravaged by injuries.

There are reports in Spain that the world champions see Spanish international Ramos as the perfect solution to the problem.

The 22-year-old has regularly been on the Milan radar but Real have been keen to keep hold of him.

However, relations between Ramos and Coach Bernd Schuster have become cold and Spanish newspaper Sport insists that the defender is looking for a fresh start.

Chelsea and Manchester City are allegedly interested in Ramos, but Milan have the acutest need and may be willing to enter an auction.

Channel4

Fantacalcio, but never say never. the management have shown interest in him before, even God himself praised him as his successor, and I think if he were ever to leave we'd be first in queue for his signing. beside Chiellini, I don't see a better long-term option for defense.
YoungGun
Ramos and Alves should wear our red-black shirts
Rivaldo
Not Alves.

But Ramos why not? Nesta-Ramos)))
dst
If it's true that Ramos and Schuster don't get along well then I don't think it's the RB that will leave... obviously! I'd welcome him of course but I don't think it's possible. Real are stupid but I don't think they will let him go even if he's not a shirt-seller...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 2 2008, 04:44 PM) *
If it's true that Ramos and Schuster don't get along well then I don't think it's the RB that will leave...

Agreed. He's way more important to Madrid than Schuster is anyway. I can't see Milan paying what it'd take to get him either.
Zed.D
^^

Yeah it's more possible that Schuster leaves. they have this habit of changing the coach every 2-3 seasons so unless Schusters brings the CL for them I don't think there's a chance we can take advantage of their differences...
Jack Sparrow
Is he any good at CB? Coz if he was, why would they still be playing Cannavaro?
Zed.D
"Is he any good at CB"? rolleyes.gif he may not be a Nesta [yet] but to wonder if he is any good...

But it's always like this. underrating other teams' player, especially if it is Real. I can't imagine all the praise he would've gotten if he was a Rossonero...

Why do they play Canna in the center? maybe because Ramos is more needed in the right considering they don't have any other world class player in that position?
dst
Ramos is not so good at defending (I mean he's not rock solid but not bad either, he lies somewhere in the middle) but he's great going forward that's why he plays at RB. I'd always pick him ahead of Kaladze for CB of course...
Habitant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 2 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Is he any good at CB? Coz if he was, why would they still be playing Cannavaro?

they have no one else at at rb.
Jack Sparrow
Ah ok....I thought he was like Heinze. A better fullback than CB.
Zed.D
^^

Of course he's better in the right than in the center. but he's nonetheless a quality CB IMO. he's just 22, he can improve a lot.

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 2 2008, 10:44 PM) *
I'd always pick him ahead of Kaladze for CB of course...

Of course you do.

I would take him ahead of Kaladze and Bonera and Senderos all together.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 2 2008, 05:14 PM) *
Ah ok....I thought he was like Heinze. A better fullback than CB.

ohmy.gif Heinze is still capable in this day and age of being good at something?! ***shocking***

-- News to Me --

LOL laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 3 2008, 01:47 AM) *
Of course you do.

I would take him ahead of Kaladze and Bonera and Senderos all together.

I'd only pick him ahead of Kaladze because he's much younger and will improve. Kaladze has many good qualities but he's loutish, the same with Ramos. Only the latter's mistakes do not seem so big cause he's not the last man...

Anyway... he's good at CB but he's an RB and an amazing one so... there's no point in this all.
Zed.D
I wouldn't compare Kaladze with Ramos as I think the former is more prone to mistakes, but anyway...
Habitant
ramos is unique in that his ability as a rb and a CB is evenly matched, sorta like maldini, he's played most of his career at LB (he isnt even natural a left footed player) but he's so damn good that that it doesnt show, i would also argue he's equally as good at CB than at LB. i've seen ramos play several times and i really do believe his max potential would be achieved at CB, but he has so much natural talent (he used to play as a striker) that when he plays at rb he looks good, but IMO his movement up and down the flank is one of a CB playing as a fullback.
Portman
A-gain? rolleyes.gif

I'm hoping for some Buffon and Eto'o links on the next few days too.
Habitant
yep we would need to fork out a min of 50-60m for him, which aint going to happen.
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 3 2008, 08:44 PM) *
I wouldn't compare Kaladze with Ramos as I think the former is more prone to mistakes, but anyway...

One big mistake and you're useless in my book. It does not matter after that... I hope you get what I mean.

QUOTE (Habitant @ Oct 3 2008, 11:30 PM) *
...IMO his movement up and down the flank is one of a CB playing as a fullback.

I certainly disagree there, he's great going forward I have not seen any CB in the flank doing half of what he does attack-wise.

QUOTE (Habitant @ Oct 4 2008, 06:39 AM) *
yep we would need to fork out a min of 50-60m for him, which aint going to happen.

They would not let him go even for that money I believe. He's not for sale. Only if we gave them Kaka in exchange we would have a chance (I'M NOT SUGGESTING WE SHOULD DO THAT!) but then again their new love rolleyes.gif is CR so...
Habitant
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 4 2008, 12:04 PM) *
One big mistake and you're useless in my book. It does not matter after that... I hope you get what I mean.

I certainly disagree there, he's great going forward I have not seen any CB in the flank doing half of what he does attack-wise.

They would not let him go even for that money I believe. He's not for sale. Only if we gave them Kaka in exchange we would have a chance (I'M NOT SUGGESTING WE SHOULD DO THAT!) but then again their new love rolleyes.gif is CR so...

i'm not saying he's isnt good going forward, i think he's one of the best if not the best rb even fullback around. but i just get feeling when i watch him going up and down the flank, that he's a CB. i dunno it's just the feeling i get.

ya i agree i'm sure they arent looking to sell him. but if he was to come that would be because he wants to leave, and if thats the case real cant hold us or any another team for ransom for some ridiculous fee, then again it's madrid rolleyes.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.