Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fc Zurich - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3
armiss
Rossoneri will be there in Zurich to complete their first work .

The return of the first round of Uefa Cup between Zurich and Milan is playing on 2 October 2008 at the Letzigrund stadium. Milan has never played official matches on the ground of Zurich, but has played in a friendly: 7 November 1991, Zurich-Milan 3-5 . smile.gif

Time :
20 : 30 Thursday 2 October
armiss
The best news is that Nesta had some good runs in today morning training , team will have one training session for tomorrow and then will leave Milan for Zurich.
Jack Sparrow
I hope Nesta can start from the end of October onwards...

Would be good to see R80 and Sheva get a workout But is R80 fit for another 70 mins + in the space of 3 days. unsure.gif
Rivaldo
---------------kaka------------
-----pato-------------Scheva--
vahid
IMO we can play with our second team,Kaka SHOULD get rest in this game.
I hope to see Darmian and Dinho for this game
Darunia
I would go with this:

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Antonini
Flamini Ambrosini Seedorf
Ronaldinho
Pato Shevchenko
han2503
Players like Kaka, Zambro, Janku, Ambro and Gattuso should be given a rest so I would like to see us go out with this:

Darmian--Bonera--Kala--Antonini
Flamini--Seedorf--Puma
Dinho
Sheva--Pato

We have a 2 goal lead going into a game against a team like Zurich we can go there and get a draw if not a win easily with this team

I it would be nice seeing Darmian get some minutes in this one
han2503
DP
Habitant
basically we need to play our second team, we need to be well rested for serie a. so sheva,bonera, antonini, flamini for half of the match then sub for emerson. and guys like pato, kaka,zambro should get a rest
Habitant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 29 2008, 07:05 PM) *
Players like Kaka, Zambro, Janku, Ambro and Gattuso should be given a rest so I would like to see us go out with this:

Flamini--Seedorf--Puma
Dinho
Sheva--Pato

We have a 2 goal lead going into a game against a team like Zurich we can go there and get a draw if not a win easily with this team

I it would be nice seeing Darmian get some minutes in this one

lol should have read ur post before i posted mine lol
PatitoFeo
Sheva should start this game, score a goal, and start to get his confidence back!
Jack Sparrow
How come a 26 year old Kaka is deserving of rest, but not a 30 year old Seedorf? unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2008, 08:26 AM) *
How come a 26 year old Kaka is deserving of rest, but not a 30 year old Seedorf?

Because Seedorf gets into 'Berserk Mode' whenever Carlo asks him to rest and take a match off? huh.gif That Dutch!
Jack Sparrow
I don't think he'll mind being asked to rest for a trip to Zurich. Besides last time he was injured, we faced Arsenal... sad.gif

I would actually go with this...

---Mattie---Rino/Ambro---Emerson/Cardio---
-----------------Dinho------------------
--------Sheva------------Borriello-------

Maybe a draw...like I f@ckin care. rolleyes.gif
Zed.D
^^

According to Dr. Manara, Borriello won't make this game.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2008, 07:56 AM) *
How come a 26 year old Kaka is deserving of rest, but not a 30 year old Seedorf? unsure.gif

Because [compared to Kaka] Seedorf is a BEAST physique-wise? unsure.gif

Anyway, not to underestimate Zurich, but I'd like to see this lineup:

Pato ----- Sheva

Dinho

Cardacio --- Seedorf --- Flamini

Antonini ---- Kaladze ---- Darmian ---- Bonera

Abbiati

acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 30 2008, 11:31 AM) *
Because [compared to Kaka] Seedorf is a BEAST physique-wise?

Na! Seedorf at best is 5'9 or 5'10 - no comparison to a well-built Kaka at 6'2 when it comes to overall strength. biggrin.gif The fact that Kaka gets injured quite regularly is another story, altogether.
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 30 2008, 10:29 AM) *
Na! Seedorf at best is 5'9 or 5'10 - no comparison to a well-built Kaka at 6'2 when it comes to overall strength. biggrin.gif The fact that Kaka gets injured quite regularly is another story, altogether.

The height's got nothing to do with strength. otherwise Peter Crouch would have been the strongest player on Earth tongue.gif Seedorf's calf is as thick as a 50yo tree! the same with his thigh. his arms are as strong as Arnold Schwarzenegger's, etc. rolleyes.gif he IS a beast!
Jack Sparrow
If Seedorf is a beast...what the hell is Gattusso?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2008, 11:30 AM) *
If Seedorf is a beast...what the hell is Gattusso?

He's just like a bull. Charges around the field with no real objective.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 30 2008, 02:01 PM) *
The height's got nothing to do with strength. otherwise Peter Crouch would have been the strongest player on Earth Seedorf's calf is as thick as a 50yo tree! the same with his thigh. his arms are as strong as Arnold Schwarzenegger's, etc. he IS a beast!

I'm not saying height is everything. laugh.gif The man that held the title of the world's strongest man was 5'11 last time I checked. But all said and done, more height means more muscle, which usually translates into more power. Not every 5'10 guy is as strong (or heals as fast) as Gattuso.

But more often than not, an average guy who's tall is stronger than an average guy who's short. rolleyes.gif Still Seedorf is not slouch, like you mentioned, he's well built, doesn't get injured every now and then, and besides he's got shot power, that's got to come from somewhere. So theoretically, he's a beast.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 30 2008, 03:41 PM) *
He's just like a bull. Charges around the field with no real objective.

That's not too bad a thing as say a headless chicken (Brocchi) who runs around the field eyes closed. dry.gif
armiss
GoodGoodGood NEWS : Today Sandro Nesta was in the first day of work in group with his companions. The rossonero defender , released from physical therapy and entered in preparation, has worked with the ball.
armiss
ZURIGO-MILAN: I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI
30/09/2008

MILANELLO - there are 20 MEN who will leave Milano tomorrow morning from Malpensa for Zurich.

Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Ruggeri (n.55), Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

No available : Senderos, Pirlo, Borriello, Inzaghi, Favalli.

According to Gazzetta there is still 200 tickets available for Rossoneri fans .
dst
Pato should get a rest.
Jack Sparrow
Screw Pato...what about Zee? dry.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 30 2008, 02:32 PM) *
That's not too bad a thing as say a headless chicken (Brocchi) who runs around the field eyes closed. dry.gif

I think every team needs a guy similar to Gattuso who's just going to close players down all the time and has the energu levels to keep it up for a whole game. I don't rate him as a player, but he's good at what he does.
PatitoFeo
I really want to see Kaka and Sheva back on the field at the same time: their understanding used to be magical!
Il Capitano
Kaka should rest we don't want him to get injured against Zurich.
Bluesummers
lol kaka will start 100% Carlo never changes. It will be sheva/pato/kaka
YoungGun
I expect a strong team at the beginning. We can play 2nd squad in group state, not a knock-out state.

I wish a squad like this:

------------------ Dida -----------------

Bonera - Kaladze - Maldini - Antonini

---- Emerson - Seedorf - Flamini ----

-------------- Ronaldinho --------------

------------- Sheva - Pato ------------

But you're rite summer, it's probably that we'll start with our strongest squad (Janku, Zam, Kaka, Rino)
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 30 2008, 10:39 PM) *
I think every team needs a guy similar to Gattuso who's just going to close players down all the time and has the energu levels to keep it up for a whole game. I don't rate him as a player, but he's good at what he does.

Exactly, Gattuso is not a good football player (he even admits so himself) but he is very useful to a football team.
Jack Sparrow
This has already been posted but..

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has named his squad for Thursday’s UEFA Cup first round second leg tie against FC Zurich.

The Rossoneri defeated Zurich 3-1 in the first leg at San Siro a fortnight ago, with Marek Jankulovski, Alexandre Pato and Marco Borriello grabbing the goals.

They will now look to finish off the job when they travel to Switzerland for the second leg on Thursday evening.

Ancelotti has named a 20-man squad for the game, although there are still a number of injury absentees.

Philippe Senderos, Andrea Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi, Giuseppe Favalli and Borriello are all sidelined and have not been called.

However, all the other usual suspects are there, including Sunday night’s Milan derby hero Ronaldinho, as well as his Brazilian sidekicks Kaka and Pato.

Milan Squad

Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Ruggeri, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Kaka...a sidekick... laugh.gif
Darunia
UEFA Cup Preview: FC Zurich-AC Milan
What: UEFA Cup, First Round, Second Leg
Who: FC Zurich vs. AC Milan
When: Thursday 2 October 20:15 (CET)
Where: Letzigrund Stadium, Zurich

* »Comments
* Print This Story
* Send To A Friend
* Contact Us

UEFA Cup Preview: FC Zurich-AC Milan
galleria zoom

More Of The Same

FC Zurich continue to play well domestically, having won their last four matches. During that time, they have scored sixteen goals while conceding just two. Most recently was their 3-0 home victory at the weekend over Neuchâtel Xamax FC.

Towering center-forward Eric Hassli opened the scoring in just the 2nd minute, and attacking midfielder Alexandre Alphonse added the second and third goals, in the 21st minute and then in the 90th minute.

This win puts Zurich just two points behind Swiss Super League leaders FC Basel through ten rounds. While they are aiming to do well in the UEFA Cup this season, they can also have a realistic expectation to challenge Basel for the title, and the Champions League place that comes with it.

Speaking of the UEFA Cup, Zurich arguably now face a more daunting task than they did in the first leg in Milan, which they lost 3-1. Milan are a better side than they were at the time, and are on cloud nine after winning the Milan derby. Zurich must carry over into the UEFA Cup their domestic form.

It is quite likely that the side will attack more at home, but they really cannot afford to give up a goal to Milan if they are to go through on the aggregate score.

Go In For The Kill

While Zurich were outmatched and got a good look at what Milan are capable of two weeks ago, they will not easily recognize the side they face on Thursday. Milan are now a much improved team, and the confidence and self-assuredness of the players seems to have gone through the roof.

In the Derby della Madonnina on Sunday, the Rossoneri were the better side, even if they kept the 1-0 score secure largely in part to Inter Milan’s inability to finish their attacking movements; but it wasn’t just that. Milan had the better of the chances, and each time they had possession in the final attacking third of the field, you almost got the sense they could have scored.

When Milan and Zurich first met, Milan were unsure of themselves following two losses in their first two matches of the season, against Genoa and Bologna of all teams. Now, Milan are brimming with confidence, and must feel that they can go all the way in the UEFA Cup, even if it is viewed by most in the Milan camp as a secondary goal.

When speaking this week, club vice-president Adriano Galliani said, “Our first objective remains the Scudetto and then the UEFA Cup, followed by the Coppa Italia.

“The coach and the players are well aware what the club wants and this is clear in everybody's minds.

“The UEFA Cup is different to the Champions League as there are 15 games to get to the final. Therefore it seems as if we are at the preliminary stages.”

Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti has warned his side, however, to not take their opponents lightly, saying, “We have to do well in these games. They seem easy on paper but the danger lies behind the corners.

“I will not make major changes to the team but we need to be careful because Zurich will play in a different way to how they played in the first leg. It will not be easy because they will try hard to overturn the result from the San Siro.”

So, while Milan are taking heed of the task at hand, it is certain that their European excursion is not the most important competition.

FORM GUIDE

Zurich

28/08 (UEFA Cup): Sturm Graz 1-1 Zurich (2-4 after penalties)

01/09 (Swiss Super League): Zurich 3-0 Bellinzona

14/09 (Swiss Super League): Vaduz 1-7 Zurich

18/09 (UEFA Cup): Milan 3-1 Zurich

28/09 (Swiss Super League): Zurich 3-0 Xamax

Milan

14/09 (Serie A): Genoa 2-0 Milan

18/09 (UEFA Cup): Milan 3-1 Zurich

21/09 (Serie A): Milan 4-1 Lazio

24/09 (Serie A): Reggina 1-2 Milan

28/09 (Serie A): Milan 1-0 Inter

TEAM NEWS

Zurich

The 4-2-3-1 formation has continued to work for manager Bernard Challandes, so he will put out a similar group to those who capitulated to Milan two weeks ago, hoping for a better result this time around.

Possible Formation (4-2-3-1): Leoni; Stahel, Barmettler, Tihinen, Stucki; Aegerter, Okonkwo; Nikci, Djuric, Alphonse; Hassli

Milan

Alessandro Nesta returned to training this week, but he was not included on the UEFA Cup roster at the beginning of the season. Philippe Senderos, Marco Borriello, Giuseppe Favalli, Filippo Inzaghi and Andrea Pirlo all have been left out of the squad for the trip to Zurich through injury.

Possible Formation (4-3-2-1): Dida; Antonini, Bonera, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Ambrosini, Seedorf, Flamini; Kakà, Ronaldinho; Shevchenko

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Zurich

At nearly 6’4” tall, French striker Eric Hassli will be relied upon for aerial chances. Alexandre Alphonse scored twice at the weekend, and he must do better in this match than he did two weeks ago.

Milan

Kakà and Ronaldinho worked well together in the 1-0 win over the weekend in the Milan derby, maybe for the first time ever. It appears as though they are starting to gel and learn each other’s style. Andriy Shevchenko is likely to play from the start in this match, and he has also begun to regain form.

PREDICTION

Zurich will surely come out and perform better than they did in the first leg, but can they overcome the two-goal deficit they are facing? Keeping Milan off the scoresheet in this match will be quite difficult, and their defense is not accustomed to seeing attacking talent like Kakà and Ronaldinho. Zurich will put forward a valiant effort, but it will not be enough.

Zurich 1-1 Milan

Joel Whitehead
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 1 2008, 06:41 AM) *
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Kaka...a sidekick... laugh.gif

hahahahahahhahahahahhaha yeahh okay buddy hahahahahaa. kaka a side kick hahah, that reporter is a real dozer droolsmiley.gif. That was a good post jack, it made me laugh hahahahahha.
YoungGun
Yes, I forget to put the Xmas tree formation. It's really good when our opposite needs attack.
PatitoFeo
I think we see a 4-4-2, with Flamini starting instead of Ronaldinho
Zed.D
I hope Pato plays...
Bluesummers
i hope dinho plays.
Ry4n
My Prediction is 2 - 0 Milan Pato and Sheva to score
Zed.D
MILAN: Dida; Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Antonini; Flamini, Emerson, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

puke.gif × 100

This is disgusting! three DMs?? what's next? 4-5-1 against Cagliari??? this man never changes. for the first time in my life, I do hope we lose tonight in a humiliating way. a team that plays SOOOO DEFENSIVELY doesn't deserve to go further in an competition. I'm not sure I'm going to even watch this. smells like 90 minutes of boredom!!
Darunia
It's classic Carlo, you should be used to it.

Bench
* 12 Kalac
* 3 Maldini
* 7 Pato
* 8 Gattuso
* 18 Jankulovski
* 22 Kaká
* 36 Darmian

Hope to see Darmian get some time.

TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 2 2008, 01:40 PM) *
MILAN: Dida; Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Antonini; Flamini, Emerson, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

puke.gif × 100

This is disgusting! three DMs?? what's next? 4-5-1 against Cagliari??? this man never changes. for the first time in my life, I do hope we lose tonight in a humiliating way. a team that plays SOOOO DEFENSIVELY doesn't deserve to go further in an competition. I'm not sure I'm going to even watch this. smells like 90 minutes of boredom!!

LOL laugh.gif
A bit harsh...; Come on give it a chance!
gal_kenny
Dida; Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Antonini; Flamini, Emerson, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Shevchenko, Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho is playing a supporting striker..

This is a link for anyone who wanna watch:

http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_live.r938...annel=andrelink
Ry4n
No advertising of T shirts for us ?
gal_kenny
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Oct 2 2008, 07:13 PM) *
No advertising of T shirts for us ?

I know right it was kind of weird seeing the jersey like that...i think we play 4-3-1-2 but on justin tv it says 4-3-2-1
Darunia
No logo?
gal_kenny
sheva almost
gal_kenny
Antonini down hurt
arivanjj
oh Sheva should've scored that... nice play though
gal_kenny
i want dinho to score from a free kick
gal_kenny
good drive in by zambro
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.