Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reggina Vs Milan-sept 24, 2008
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Bluesummers
FORZA MILAN WE TRAVEL TO REGGINA ON WEDNESDAY TO WOOP SOME BOOTY!
Jack Sparrow
I like how you put it in a such an elegant sophisticated manner.

Sheva and Ronnie to start this one I think.
Zed.D
^^

I hope we don't switch back to 4-3-2-1 for this one rolleyes.gif the Christmas tree in the first two games > humiliation. 4-3-1-2 in the next two > glory. I still think Carlo was at fault for those defeats, because he played way too cautiously. 1 striker could never lead us to victory. anyway...

I want to see this:

Sheva ------- Pato

Dinho

Flamini ---- Seedorf ---- Ambro

Janku ---- Kaladze ---- Bonera ---- Zambro

Abbiati
Jack Sparrow
I would swap your central 3 zd...and have marco B come on early second half...

-------Dinho------
--Zee---Ambro--Mattie

Ambro to sit back, while Mattie and Zee go forward. I like it better when Seedorf plays from the left towards the centre. He's not too good at charging head first. And he's not the sit back and distribute kinda player either. I might also give Zambro a rest, since we need him against Inter.

Perhaps....Antonini and Bonera as fullbacks. Though that might cost us.. sad.gif
Zed.D
Who's Zee?? biggrin.gif Seedorf? if so, the order doesn't matter. players never stand still where they are after all. they're constantly move around.
Rivaldo
----Ronaldinho---------------Sheva---------
--------------------Seedorf-------------------
-----Ambro--------Flamini---Rinho----------
--Antonini-----Kaladze---Maldini---Bonera-

Janku and Zambr have yellow cards. They must play with Inter.
whoarethepatriots
Gazzetta think we will go for the xmas tree (Seedorf and Kaka behind Borriello) with Ambro, Gat and Flam in MFm and the defence will be the same one against Lazio, except Bonera instead of Kala

There is no one suspended of one yellow away from suspension
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 22 2008, 02:35 PM) *
Who's Zee?? biggrin.gif Seedorf? if so, the order doesn't matter. players never stand still where they are after all. they're constantly move around.

No fair....you were complaining of Pato being deployed on the wings, sometime back. mad.gif
Zed.D
^^

Gazzetta's formation was very wrong yesterday so I hope this one is too. I can't even imagine why we should switch to that damned formation considering the first two and the last two games' results........

puke.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 22 2008, 12:29 PM) *
^^

Gazzetta's formation was very wrong yesterday so I hope this one is too. I can't even imagine why we should switch to that damned formation considering the first two and the last two games' results........

puke.gif

Yeah i agree. I also think its important that both Sheva and Ronnie play Wednesdays match
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 22 2008, 03:58 PM) *
No fair....you were complaining of Pato being deployed on the wings, sometime back. mad.gif

What I mean is that it doesn't make a difference if I type it as Seedorf --- Ambro --- Flamini or Ambro --- Seedorf --- Flamini or any other form.

Pato? he's a striker, he should be close to goal because if he doesn't score he will be labeled overrated!
Darunia
I'd go with

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Jankulovski
Flamini Ambrosini Seedorf
Ronaldinho
Shevchenko Borriello

give Kaka a rest, give Sheva and Dinho a start. Gattuso said he was feeling some pain so give him a rest too. Borriello must start, Pato/Dinho can start the derby.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Darunia @ Sep 22 2008, 06:35 PM) *
I'd go with

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Jankulovski
Flamini Ambrosini Seedorf
Ronaldinho
Shevchenko Borriello

give Kaka a rest, give Sheva and Dinho a start. Gattuso said he was feeling some pain so give him a rest too. Borriello must start, Pato/Dinho can start the derby.

Carlo will never play Pato as a starter in the derby, not even if he scores 5 goals against Reggina. dry.gif I'd rather Pato starts against Reggina and comes on as a sub against Inter.
Rivaldo
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 22 2008, 04:15 PM) *
Carlo will never play Pato as a starter in the derby, not even if he scores 5 goals against Reggina. dry.gif

Maybe it's high time to belive in youth? king.gif
Darunia
Ronaldinho will probably start the derby then, in the 4-3-2-1 that Carlo loves all so much.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 22 2008, 04:15 PM) *
Carlo will never play Pato as a starter in the derby, not even if he scores 5 goals against Reggina. dry.gif I'd rather Pato starts against Reggina and comes on as a sub against Inter.

off course he will not start then bcoz he will be to tired
kurtsimonw
A must win. Not winning here undoes the hard work we put in against Lazio.
YoungGun
If you want to have Sheva for the derby then he should play at least 1 half this match for match fitness. So does Ronaldinho. However, Dinho should be patient and he will play the whole match with Zurich, it's the best I guess.

I would like to see:

Sheva - Boriello

-----Pato--------

Because Pato has some skills and speed. Kaka should be saved for the derby.
KillerMax
This is what I would go for:

Abbiati
Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Antonini
Flamini Seedorf Ambrosini
Kaka
Shevchenko Pato

Ronaldinho, Borriello and Cardacio for Kaka, Pato and Seedorf respectively in the second half. Of course, depending on the result.
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 22 2008, 09:14 AM) *
^^

I hope we don't switch back to 4-3-2-1 for this one rolleyes.gif the Christmas tree in the first two games > humiliation. 4-3-1-2 in the next two > glory. I still think Carlo was at fault for those defeats, because he played way too cautiously. 1 striker could never lead us to victory. anyway...

I want to see this:

Sheva ------- Pato

Dinho

Janku ---- Kaladze ---- Bonera ---- Zambro

Abbiati

As Jack said, I would switch the full backs to give them some rest. So...

Sheva ------- Pato

Dinho

Antonini ---- Kaladze ---- Bonera ---- Darmian

Abbiati

Antonini should definately start to give Janku a rest, and Darmian is a loooong shot for me to put in there becoase I know for a fact that Carlo would never start him, but Maldini can't play in CB so that leaves us with Bonera in the center, unless Senderos can start and Bonera goes to the right.I want both Janku and Zambro to have a full week's rest before the derby.

Other then the full backs complete agree with that formation

QUOTE (Rivaldo @ Sep 22 2008, 11:57 AM) *
----Ronaldinho---------------Sheva---------
--------------------Seedorf-------------------
-----Ambro--------Flamini---Rinho----------
--Antonini-----Kaladze---Maldini---Bonera-

Janku and Zambr have yellow cards. They must play with Inter.

Seedorf should be playing in the midfield 3. With those 3 defensive mids in there we won't be able to create a single chance. And one of Pato and Boriello should start. Carlo will probably for the xmas tree against Inter. So whoever is going to start as the lone striker in that one should be rested

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Sep 22 2008, 12:14 PM) *
Gazzetta think we will go for the xmas tree (Seedorf and Kaka behind Borriello) with Ambro, Gat and Flam in MFm and the defence will be the same one against Lazio, except Bonera instead of Kala

There is no one suspended of one yellow away from suspension

Gazzetta were wrong about the starting formation against Lazio, so we should keep hoping that they will be wrong again, because with that formation we won't be able to win, simple as that
Bluesummers
lol @ the formations. Kaka will play 100% we need him in every game and carlo knows this. Without kaka our team just falls apart.
Rivaldo
But he is no 100% feet yet. He needs sometimes rest
Il Capitano
Nice formations but Borriello must start against Reggina, He is the type of striker that we need against these small teams that likes to defend with the whole team. He is very strong and doesnt fall easy even when there are 2 players pushing and kicking him.
Bluesummers
I think he needs match fitness more than rest. But thats my take. He's been out for a while and i dont think his body would be fatigued. But we'll see what carlo does.
uchechukwu
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 22 2008, 07:43 AM) *
FORZA MILAN WE TRAVEL TO REGGINA ON WEDNESDAY TO WOOP SOME BOOTY!

[b]
YEA MAN MILAN WILL SURE WOOP SOME BOOTY AS THEY TRAVEL TO PLAY AWAY AT REGGINA. JUST AS WE DID TO LAZIO AT HOME SO WE SHALL DO TO REGGINA IN THEIR OWN LAND
Jack Sparrow
Errr...nice first post. Welcome... laugh.gif

Which part of God's green earth you do hail from Uche?
Jack Sparrow
Reckon Emerson could start this one in place of Ambro or Flamini? Ambro's been playing a lot...and Rino's in pain again...so unsure.gif

Besides I'd like Mattie fresh for Inter. It's about time he took on Viera and showed Domenech once and for all who's better.

dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 23 2008, 11:36 AM) *
Besides I'd like Mattie fresh for Inter. It's about time he took on Viera and showed Domenech once and for all who's better.

Vieira is better.

... biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
In the words of Austin Powers, "You're headed the right way for a smacked bottom!"
Rivaldo
The list of players called by Carletto:

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Dida, Kalac;

DIFENSORI: Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Zambrotta;

CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Cardacio, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso;

ATTACCANTI: Borriello, Kakà, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Giocatori indisponibili: Jankulovski, Nesta, Senderos, Pirlo, Inzaghi.

smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
Janku rested. Antonini to play.Whoo hoo. Watch and learn Rafa. This is what player rotation is all about. Not playing Keane as LW so Babel can rest. tongue.gif

I knew it Emerson to start. biggrin.gif (Yeah right!! rolleyes.gif). Imagine if Cardaccio were to start this match.. ohmy.gif The horror!! The horror!! laugh.gif

uchechukwu
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 23 2008, 09:31 AM) *
Errr...nice first post. Welcome... laugh.gif

Which part of God's green earth you do hail from Uche?

AM FROM NIGERIA MAN AND WHERE ARE U FROM
Rivaldo
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 23 2008, 11:19 AM) *
Imagine if Cardaccio were to start this match.. ohmy.gif The horror!! The horror!! laugh.gif

It is impossible biggrin.gif
------Emerson-------Cardacio------
It is not Carletto's style. It is not Italian Cup game biggrin.gif Then we at the 15th position - we need 3 pt in this game.

QUOTE (uchechukwu @ Sep 23 2008, 11:27 AM) *
AM FROM NIGERIA MAN

You nickname tells about it cool.gif

Offtopic devilsmiley.gif innocent.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (uchechukwu @ Sep 23 2008, 04:57 PM) *
AM FROM NIGERIA MAN AND WHERE ARE U FROM

See my profile on the left. It says India. wink.gif Cool..so how is it coming with the Newcastle purchase...any word of it in the local papers??
Rivaldo
Sportmediaset.it says:
Zambrotta, Maldini, Gattuso e Borriello - on the bench.
Antonini, Kaladze, Flamini e Shevchenko - on the field

cool.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 23 2008, 03:27 PM) *
In the words of Austin Powers, "You're headed the right way for a smacked bottom!"

Aren't these the words of 'Shrek' the Great? unsure.gif
Jack Sparrow
Details..details. It's Mike Myers alright...!!! mad.gif

He uses this line to Madonna in the music video 'Beautiful Stranger'
whoarethepatriots
Gazzetta's probable formations. This time it seems much more plausible and better than their previous prediction

(4-3-1-2)

12 Abbiati
15 Zambrotta
25 Bonera
4 Kaladze
18 Jankulovski
23 Ambrosini
84 Flamini
10 Seedorf
22 Kakà
76 Shevchenko
7 Pato

Looks good, but i would have prefered a little more rotation. Ideally i would have like Ronnie, and Antonini playing (as well as Cardacio, but thats going too far in Carlo's eyes)
Jack Sparrow
Jankulovski has already been stated as unavailable. So this formation is wrong I think.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 23 2008, 01:56 PM) *
Jankulovski has already been stated as unavailable. So this formation is wrong I think.

It could be, Gazzetta are slower with formations (with regards to Milan) than Mediaset. Zambro is also a yellow away from suspension, and gazzetta are usually right when it comes to suspensions injures etc
Zed.D
Calcio Debate: Should Milan Stick With A Two-Man Attack?

Milan finally woke up at the weekend to kick-start their Serie A season with a crushing 4-1 win over Lazio. Carlo Garganese asks whether Carlo Ancelotti should now stick with a two man strikeforce, as modelled by Alexandre Pato and Marco Borriello on Sunday…

Carlo Ancelotti scrapped his favoured Christmas Tree formation against Lazio on Sunday night, and the results were emphatic. The Rossoneri’s attacking play was sparkling at times, and it wouldn’t have been unjust if they had ended the night with more than four goals to show for their efforts.

In the games against Bologna and Genoa previously, Ancelotti had opted for just the one-man upfront, Pippo Inzaghi in the former, and Andriy Shevchenko in the latter. Two defeats, one goal scored, and four conceded, appears to suggest that something, somewhere didn’t work out. Milan may have dominated from start-to-finish during the Bologna loss (although they were dreadful against Genoa), but what is clear, in my mind anyway, is that they look far more potent with two central attackers on the pitch.

Against Lazio, the Rossoneri had options every time they came forward. When Kaka counter-attacked at pace, he had more than one team-mate in support. When full backs Marek Jankulovski and Gianluca Zambrotta bombed down the flank, their was actually a chance that their crosses would be worthwhile, as proved to be the case with the third goal for Pato.

When a direct long ball was launched up to Borriello, he had a strike partner who could feed off him. When Clarence Seedorf was looking for that clever through pass, there wasn’t only the one run to pick out. When the Lazio defence had to mark up, all four of them had to remain concentrated, as opposed to just one centre back.

There are times when playing one man in attack can work, particularly against stronger teams, where winning the midfield battle can be key. My theory, to speak very generally, has always been that against weaker opposition, you should overpower them where possible with offensive potential. This is what Milan should do this season. It is no coincidence that over the past couple of years the Rossoneri have struggled against the so-called weaker teams. During this time they have mainly employed the Christmas Tree formation. See the pattern?

Lesser teams shutting up shop will find it much easier against the Christmas Tree. Milan’s slow attacks using this formation can be painfully predictable at times, despite the presence of creative geniuses such as Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka. The age of the slow-attack through the middle, as was the case in the 1980s is almost dead. Tomorrow night Milan travel to Calabria to take on one of these lesser teams, Reggina, and Ancelotti must surely not revert back to his old habit.

Personally I would like to see Borriello and Pato both keep their places. The partnership worked really well against Lazio, however the latest reports suggest that the Italian may make way for Shevchenko. The Ukrainian was dreadful in his opening two Serie A games, but he was excellent alongside Pato in the 3-1 UEFA Cup win over FC Zurich last week, where once again the merits of the two-pronged attack were highlighted. One thing is absolutely certain and that is if Shevchenko is going to find his form again, he needs a strike partner. At 32 he can’t be expected to lead the line by himself.

Just how Ancelotti decides to use his midfielders, particularly Ronaldinho, in such a system, is an interesting question, but it is of secondary importance. First and foremost Carletto must employ a two-man attack. Then, he can decide what to do with Ronaldinho and co.

Carlo Garganese

Great article. all some fans have been trying to say for a LONG time: except for 1 or 2 games a season, the Christmas tree formation simply sucks. anyone dares to disagree?? biggrin.gif
dst
Ahhh! My eyes, my eyes!!!

... biggrin.gif

It's as simple as this: in today's football you cannot score a goal against an organized defense with less than 4-5 players inside and around the box.
Zed.D
fix'd biggrin.gif
kizo
Carlo's interview on Goal.com

“Abbiati will play in goal for sure. Zambrotta and Favalli will be on the wings with Bonera and Kaladze at the centre of the defence. Then there will be Flamini and Kaka.

WHY FAVALLI, WHEN WE HAVE ANTONINI???

Inzaghi and Senderos will be available next week

Darunia
Hopefully Kaka can get some rest in the second half.
vahid
I don't know why Kaka should play when we have Dinho.
Kaka should get some rest and Dinho should play to find his form.
Rivaldo
QUOTE (kizo @ Sep 23 2008, 04:44 PM) *
WHY FAVALLI, WHEN WE HAVE ANTONINI???

Probably, cos Antonini played with Zurich

QUOTE (vahid @ Sep 23 2008, 05:18 PM) *
I don't know why Kaka should play when we have Dinho.
Kaka should get some rest and Dinho should play to find his form.

Maybe Carletto wants Rikky to be 150% fit smile.gif
Darunia
Goal.com Lineup: Possible Formation (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Ambrosini, Flamini, Seedorf; Kakà; Pato, Shevchenko

Seems like they got it right for the most part. Zambrotta is on a yellow so hopefully he can get subbed off at HT for Antonini to ensure he will be ready for the derby.

CrazyMilanFan
oh man still favilli why carlo why ??
Zed.D
QUOTE (Darunia @ Sep 23 2008, 10:38 PM) *
Goal.com Lineup: Possible Formation (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Ambrosini, Flamini, Seedorf; Kakà; Pato, Shevchenko

Seems like they got it right for the most part. Zambrotta is on a yellow so hopefully he can get subbed off at HT for Antonini to ensure he will be ready for the derby.

Does Carlo see things as a pro or what? Zambrotta is one booking from suspension and he's going to play tomorrow?? mad.gif it's Reggina for ****'s sake. play Antonini instead of him!! it's better than losing Zambro for the Derby and having to play Antonini in that game. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.