Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gattuso suffers freak fracture
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Portman
Gattuso suffers freak fracture!

Sunday 7 September, 2008

Another bizarre injury has struck the Azzurri, as Gennaro Gattuso fell into the dug-out and with multiple fractures to his left hand.

The Milan midfielder was taking part in a friendly run-out with the Beretti team of unemployed players at the Gradisca d’Isonzo training ground this afternoon.

He tumbled into the dug-out where the Italian bench was placed, hitting his head and left hand.

Gattuso was taken to hospital for X-Rays, where he was found to have sustained multiple fractures to his left hand and wrist. He has already undergone surgery to reduce the breaks.

Obviously this rules him out of Wednesday’s encounter with Georgia.

It is the latest odd injury to strike the Italy squad during these 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Fabio Grosso fractured two ribs during a fall in the 2-1 win in Cyprus last night and Alessandro Gamberini dislocated his right shoulder just 60 seconds into the same match.

Gamberini’s shoulder was in such a bad state that he had to be put under general anaesthetic in the local hospital for medics to pop it back into place.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep7n.html

Well... no comments. It's just sad.
Tennie
cry.gif Get well soon, Rino!
Rossoneri7
He will definitely be missed
kurtsimonw
We'll see if this could be a blessing in disguise.
Tennie
Early reports say the surgery went well and that he should be out about a month.
kurtsimonw
I suppose this really forces Carlo to play more offensively. He can hardly play with too many DMs now Rino is out.
kurtsimonw
DP.
TriniKing_CE
Talk about completely unexpected!
Well atleast his surgery went well according to Tennie.
...and well Gattuso usually recovers on time if not before (lets hope this is the case here as well), so with that said we should be able to make do without him for a just a month. Right?! unsure.gif
sakhratul
milan still got ambro and flamini to partner pirlo now... maybe its about time for gattuso to rest for a while since he's been playing he heart out for milan & italy for the last few years..
Giancarlo
QUOTE (sakhratul @ Sep 8 2008, 02:45 AM) *
milan still got ambro and flamini to partner pirlo now... maybe its about time for gattuso to rest for a while since he's been playing he heart out for milan & italy for the last few years..

He even played his heart out against Cyprus, exacting revenge tackles against various of their players. He'll get some rest. I think he'll be back in two weeks. They say a month, but Rino is one of the fastest healers out there. Now if all our players had his endurance.

We bought Flamini to add to our defensive midfield capability... Flamini has a bit of offensive flair too.
Tennie
I'd love to see Rino back sooner but a complete dislocation between the carpal and metacarpal bones and multiple fractures to the metacarpals is going to take time to heal. (Injuries according to Gazzetta's article).
MizNelson
He's been out of form w/Milan for some time now, so hopefully we'll be able to cope in his absence.
acid911
Oh, skittles. sad.gif Get well soon, Rino. Oh, and Kurt, never underestimate Carlo and his reliance on defensive midfielders. I'm sure the coach will find a way, with our without Gattuso. Blessing in disguise? I have my suspicions, but it is too soon to tell.
morgoth
Good news for Flamini, he'll be starter for a month now! I just hope he'll be back in a better shape because since last year he isn't himself at all sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.