Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Tassotti's Eyes
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Tennie
(from acmilan.com's italian page link. My translation)

MILANELLO- After Paolo Maldini, it's Mauro Tassotti's turn to discuss the situation at Milanello. The assistant coach talked to Milan Channel today. Here are his statements on football and non-football related themes, including the situation with fans and Stefano Borgonovo's illness.

MILAN-BOLOGNA
Against Bologna, we did some things good and some things less good. In our best moment, and in this I refer to the first 20 minutes of the second half, we weren't able to capitalize on our chances and were afterward made to pay. As the captain said yesterday, it was a bit of misfortune because we should have been able to manage something.

We didn't have a lot of time to practice the 4-2-3-1 during the week because we only had the strikers available starting the Tuesday before the game. To really assimilate a formation takes months. Therefore I don't think we lost the game because of the formation. Actually, we suffered more in the first half. The 4-2-3-1 allowed us to create good chances in the second half. We need to work on it, because this formation is the on ethat allows us to field attacking players. We need to become better in interpreting the game when the ball goes to the opponents. I'm convinced also that as our condition (ie, physical condition) improves, it'll be easier to play in attack.

TO GENOA WITHOUT TIFOSI
To Genoa without tifosi? I think it's sad to deny fans the possibility of going to the stadium to watch a game. Right now I think it's the only thing to do, however. We're waiting for the waters to calm. After we can rethink something that will last. This seems to me to be more of a temporary solution. One can't deny people the chance to see games. To go to the stadiums to watch a show - but it should only be for that. To cheer or to whistle as they wish, if they're not happy. But it needs to stop at that.

FORZA STEFANO!
We knew about Stefano's illness and that he didn't want it publicized. Now he's gone out into the public with great courage to let people know about his condition. I think this could do good because now people who hadn't known about this illness are aware and can aid in research. Only with that can we go forward. It's an illness that little is known about but it's aggressive and research about it isn't going as quickly as research into other better-known illnesses. There's already a foundation for research and we're playing the game in Florence against Fiorentina to raise funds for research. After, we need to not stop but to continue to work for research and be sensitive to the subject.

--
(Fishdoll note: this is the first interview with Tassotti that I remember seeing in quite a long while.)
acid911
Appreciate the translation, Tennie. cool.gif So what exactly is Stefano suffering with? I fear, it's not something serious.
Tennie
Tassotti's discussion of moving to the 4-2-3-1 is somethign I found very interesting. Sounds like the plan really IS to move to this sort of formation.

--

Acid, Stefano's got what is referred to here in the US as 'Lou Gehrig's Disease'. (link to wiki page on the disease). It's really serious. Borgonovo's now at the stage where the only voluntary movement he can make is his eyes.
acid911
Jesus H. Christ. sad.gif Just what I not wanted to hear. I hope he recovers. And they raise more than enough money from the Milan Fiorentina game for the guy.
morgoth
A 4-2-3-1 formation?! Please no! That means Sheva or pato we'll play as a winger?! I don't think it's a good thing to do, I believe that with R10 the best formation to play is the xmass tree!
han2503
QUOTE (morgoth @ Sep 7 2008, 01:44 PM) *
A 4-2-3-1 formation?! Please no! That means Sheva or pato we'll play as a winger?! I don't think it's a good thing to do, I believe that with R10 the best formation to play is the xmass tree!

Not really.

I think it would be more like this

Sheva/Pato/Boriello
R80--Pato/Sheva--Kaka

This way Sheva or Pato could play in the supporting striker roles from the middle, Seedorf was playing there on Sunday, but he kept slowing down play way too much, having someone like Sheva or Pato there would be far more productive.

And then we can play any of the other 3 strikers in the front
morgoth
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 7 2008, 06:53 PM) *
Not really.

I think it would be more like this

Sheva/Pato/Boriello
R80--Pato/Sheva--Kaka

This way Sheva or Pato could play in the supporting striker roles from the middle, Seedorf was playing there on Sunday, but he kept slowing down play way too much, having someone like Sheva or Pato there would be far more productive.

And then we can play any of the other 3 strikers in the front

I see what you mean but I doubt kaka will accept to change his position on the pitch, remember that game (against Atalanta, I think) when he was asked to play on the right and he didn't want too?!
han2503
QUOTE (morgoth @ Sep 8 2008, 02:26 PM) *
I see what you mean but I doubt kaka will accept to change his position on the pitch, remember that game (against Atalanta, I think) when he was asked to play on the right and he didn't want too?!

If we play the 4-2-3-1 system Dinho and Kaka will have to play out wide most of the time since the only striker we have that can play there is Pato, Sheva played there on Sunday and he did well coming into the box from deep, but he's not quick enough to play there anymore.

But like I said, all of our attacking players can essentially rotate positions with eachother continuosly.

Plus, it wasn't like that, Kaka and Seedorf were both arguing with Carlo at one point when we started to use the xmas tree formation the season after Sheva left, and it appeared that neither of them knew exactly what they were supposed to be doing, it's wasn't really an issue if Kaka wanted to play out wide or not. That took time until everyone got used to the system, and it will take time for everyone to adjust to this one
Rossoneri7
What han said, it will take time to adjust to a new system ... But I have complete faith in carlo and I am sure his squad does too wink.gif
morgoth
I too have a complete faith in Carlo benching Pato and playing with one striker, time will tell us!

Han, it's different now than the post Sheva period! kaka was the news star of the team and had to do some sacrifices, now he's the incontestable star of Milan (before R10's arrival) and with Chelsea's and City's offers he can do what ever he wants, Calro can always come out and say something like "why should I argue with the Ballon d'or winner"!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.