Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rijkaard Offered Milan And Ajax Roles For Next Year
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Fillipo Simone
24/08/2008 12:24

Rijkaard Offered Milan And Ajax Roles For Next Year

Frank Rijkaard is being lined up to take over at AC Milan at the end of the new season after turning down all offers to return to coaching this summer.

The Dutchman left Barcelona at the end of last term and was invited to take over at several clubs including Chelsea, who were keen to install him before turning to Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Instead, Rijkaard chose to take a year off from the game and Sport now report that he has been told that the Milan job is his for the taking in ten months time.

Spartak Moscow made an ambitious attempt to persuade him to try Russian football and laid out a €7m-per-season contract, but even that did not tempt the laid back trainer.

Rijkaard is keen to spend a few months with his family as he moves between Barcelona and a mansion that he owns in Monaco before he decides whether to return to coaching.

Ajax have also made it known that should the 45-year-old fancy a return to his home town of Amsterdam then the job of sporting director would be his without any problems.

Whether Rijkaard would want a move upstairs is doubtful and it appears that he is most tempted by returning to Milan to take over from Carlo Ancelotti next summer.

That move could see him link up again with Ronaldhino, the player that symbolised both the coach's best and worst years in charge of Barcelona.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

It really depends..if Carlo fails, I think Rijkaard will be the first option for new coach. But if Carlo brings the scudetto home,..I don't see him going.
CrazyMilanFan
after carlo it should be one of the 2 dutch guys basten or him
aLbErTo
naahh...i think our next coach (don't know when is that gonna be) will be Maldini or Costacurta !! and i think it a good choice, maldini (if he'll stay in football after retireing) has the ability to become great coach, cause he had chances to learn from so many of them !!
Tennie
I'm not so sure Frankie'd come. He and Ronaldinho did not appear to get on well toward the end of last season. Don't know if Milan would bring in a coach who's got a known issue with one of the players.

While I'd love to see Il Capitano coaching, I believe he's said more than once that he's got no intention of going into coaching.
Jack Sparrow
There's Baresi. Don't think he's ready to just coach a top team though. But they've said, the coach will be from Milan's past...Sacchi back? In 2010? unsure.gif
Tennie
Baresi has moved to management. He's not coaching the Berretti any more. Don't think it'll be him. Maybe Galli, maybe Billy?
CrazyMilanFan
i think van basten will be one of our future coach he still visits milan at times
acid911
Paolo. dry.gif Sheesh. I'd rather never see him in a coach's role. Just like Baggio. A coaching career can go either way, it can build on a player's legacy or destroy it after each coaching job. Plus, the shtick they take from the fans after each loss. Oh dear.

Apparently, Maldinis are smart enough to realize this. cool.gif From the look of things it seems they are.
misha
Spartak Moscow offering Rijkaard big bucks to coach them. Don't know if his system will be right for Milan...
dst
Rijkaard NO. van Basten YES. I'd take Donadoni.
acid911
I'd take Donadoni. smile.gif The other two? Hmm. No, thank you. Not now.
misha
Talking abot wishes, I always though Franco deserves an opportunity to coach Milan. Though, of course, not all great players are a great coaches, but such a smart player like him has so much to offer...
acid911
Franco will get his due chance. sleep.gif The world will stop spinning if he doesn't. I'm not worried.
misha
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 24 2008, 05:32 PM) *
Franco will get his due chance. sleep.gif The world will stop spinning if he doesn't. I'm not worried.

I really hope so. He has been coaching our young players way too long, while other big players, like the dutch trio, got big team straight way.
acid911
Yes. But we've got to keep in mind Milan takes time. biggrin.gif Besides Baresi is a VIP, and VIPs always arrive late. I'm a 100% sure he'll be ready when the job knocks. And trust me, like you, I feel that time can't come soon enough.

I hope it's after Carlo.
Jack Sparrow
Well 10ie just said, he's going into management. Just like BIlly. I think Billy also said once, that he doesn't want to coach, so much as get into a 'director of football' position.

Galli.. is an option.

Pana...did you just say you'd take Basten over Rijkaard? Why? Coz of the Ronaldinho spat or something else?
Fillipo Simone
Well, there's allways Jean-Pierre Papin as an option,..

But I'd bet the next Milan coach will be Rijkaard or Donadoni.
Jack Sparrow
Put ur keys to the Alfa on the line...and we'll talk bets. wink.gif
Bluesummers
mourinho anyone tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Naaah... tongue.gif

I'd rather take Bluesummers. He's got more potential... biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 25 2008, 11:13 AM) *
Put ur keys to the Alfa on the line...and we'll talk bets. wink.gif

biggrin.gif .. No way,... Galliani isn't that predictable to risk my precious. He can allways surprise us with an interim coach like Terim..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.