Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan claim Sheva return is 'close'
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
AC Milan director Silvano Ramaccioni believes Chelsea flop Andriy Shevchenko is on the verge of securing a return to the San Siro.

The Ukraine striker has endured two disappointing years at Stamford Bridge following a big-money move from Milan.

Reports suggest Shevchenko could return to Milan in what would initially be a season-long loan deal following a meeting between former club president Silvio Berlusconi and Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich in Sardinia last Thursday.

The Italian press claim the deal will be finalised on Thursday or at the latest 24 hours later and Ramaccioni agrees.

"Shevchenko in the Rossoneri shirt? There really isn't much more to be done," he told Radio Goal. "We are close to the end of the deal and I hope that these little things that have to be fulfilled are done as soon as possible.

"I would be extremely delighted if Shevchenko returns to Milan and I am ready to embrace the Ukraine champion again, for us it's about a return home."

Shevchenko is AC Milan's second-most prolific goalscorer of all-time having scored 127 goals in 208 games during a seven-year career.
Warchant
here we go again
acid911
At this point in time, it's very much a done deal. huh.gif Good, bad, or ugly? Time will tell.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 21 2008, 11:37 AM) *
At this point in time, it's very much a done deal. huh.gif Good, bad, or ugly? Time will tell.

According to The Independant it's far from a done deal, with Drogba's injury and the fact that Milan want Chelsea to pay a percentage of Sheva's wages for the duration of his loan it could be another Ivanovic situation. So if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening anytime soon
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 21 2008, 08:25 PM) *
According to The Independant it's far from a done deal, with Drogba's injury and the fact that Milan want Chelsea to pay a percentage of Sheva's wages for the duration of his loan it could be another Ivanovic situation. So if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening anytime soon

Yes, thank you, I checked out the latest twist. sleep.gif It was literally done when I posted this, and unsurprisingly things took another turn after that. How even a day can change the outcome of something in football is mind blowing. Let's wait and see.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 21 2008, 06:08 PM) *
Yes, thank you, I checked out the latest twist. sleep.gif It was literally done when I posted this, and unsurprisingly things took another turn after that. How even a day can change the outcome of something in football is mind blowing. Let's wait and see.

Personally I always have been skeptical about it happenig, first off we saw what happened with Ivanovic, secondly Galliani wants his cake and to eat it too. He wanted Chelsea to pay a big portion of Sheva's wages while taking him on loan. I agree with the fact that he didn't accept the Ivanovic deal without the option to buy, as someone here said very well we're not Chelsea's feeder club.

But to expect Chelsea to pay Sheva's wages while he's playing for us, and especially after they payed us such a large sum for him is ridiculous on Galliani's part.

If Silvio really does want Sheva then he'll probably have to buy him out right which I think Chelsea would be more then willing to go for.
acid911
Excellent and true post. king.gif Something which the media and general public seems to forget. Chelsea would have to be downright crazy to let Sheva come to us while they pay his wages. Downright criminal, irrespective of what I think of the English club. Downright criminal for us to expect a deal of such kind.
I_Rossoneri
Bravo Han, yet more posts of sense cool.gif

Galliani is really showing his arrogance yet again!
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 21 2008, 09:39 PM) *
Excellent and true post. king.gif Something which the media and general public seems to forget. Chelsea would have to be downright crazy to let Sheva come to us while they pay his wages. Downright criminal, irrespective of what I think of the English club. Downright criminal for us to expect a deal of such kind.

Actually I love this request. It's like we're telling him (and them) that we don't really want him unless Chelsea are willing to give him to us for free... I don't know if it's crazy or not, I just love it! Besides, if we insist it would mean Sheva will not come back, which is great! smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 21 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Actually I love this request. It's like we're telling him (and them) that we don't really want him unless Chelsea are willing to give him to us for free... I don't know if it's crazy or not, I just love it! Besides, if we insist it would mean Sheva will not come back, which is great! smile.gif

From Milan's point of view it would be great not to mention hilarious if it happened, we already played with them rigarding Crespo (a large part of his wages was payed by Chelsea guring his loan spell). But I don't think they're stupid enough to fall for it twice.

But realistically speaking, there is no way the Sheva deal would have gone through with Galliani's demands, it doesn't make any sense. Especially after all that money Chelsea handed over to get him. It's stupid on Galliani's part and now he's groaning about how it's Chelsea's fault rolleyes.gif Like he expected them to bend over to his every demand. Seems like the guys over at Chelsea have finally got some brains to go along with all the cash
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 22 2008, 01:31 AM) *
But realistically speaking, there is no way the Sheva deal would have gone through with Galliani's demands, it doesn't make any sense. Especially after all that money Chelsea handed over to get him. It's stupid on Galliani's part and now he's groaning about how it's Chelsea's fault rolleyes.gif Like he expected them to bend over to his every demand.

It's the first time in the last years that I'm 100% with Galliani!

It's like making an offer of 200K to Inter for Júlio César... will not go through but you make it anyway, just for a laugh...
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 21 2008, 10:55 PM) *
It's the first time in the last years that I'm 100% with Galliani!

It's like making an offer of 200K to Inter for Júlio César... will not go through but you make it anyway, just for a laugh...

Well I agree with you on this, but Galliani clearly wants Sheva back and most importantly Silvio wants him back. So the whole doing it just to have a laugh theory doesn't really apply to the situation

If it would have happened I would have laughed my @ss off, but I don't think Chelsea are that stupid... or at least not anymore.
Tennie
Question: are we really sure Silvio wants him back? Did he SAY something about it?
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 21 2008, 11:02 PM) *
Question: are we really sure Silvio wants him back? Did he SAY something about it?

In the past I've read quotes Barlusconi made that he did infact want to bring Sheva back, he's been quite on this particular occasion, but in the past, yes he has made it known that he would like to bring him back.

Let's not forget, Sheva and Silvio had a really tight bond with eachother, Silvio is Sheva's son's god father. He's always regarded Sheva as a son.
Tennie
True enough, han.

The conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if all this stuff with Chelsea is a smokescreen for something else. That's all.
dst
I'm not so sure Berlusconi and Galliani want him all that bad...
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 21 2008, 11:17 PM) *
True enough, han.

The conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if all this stuff with Chelsea is a smokescreen for something else. That's all.

hmm, you do bring up a very interesting point, but I just don't think Milan are willing to do anymore business with Chelsea after being burned twice already. Maybe it's a smokescreen for the media to pick up the Sheva story while someone else tries to reach a deal for one of the Brazilian defenders Alex Silva or Thiago Silva? It could happen who knows. I'm just desperate for Milan to get a quality defender in.

Hopefully this Sanderos talk is just BS
I_Rossoneri
Personally speaking, I think the management would jump at the chance of getting $heva back, but they are worried about what the fans would say if he did return. Signing R80 had more to do with appeasing the fans than strengthening the team and signing $heva would have undone all that good work. I think they have got their priorities all wrong at Via Turatti and we could end up paying the price yet again at the end of the season.

And I wouldn't get my hopes up over Ivanovic unless we are willing to stump up the cash wink.gif
Il Capitano
It's shevas own fault, if he really wanted to leave he would take a pay cut and tell Abramovic that he wants out. Then he would have a much higher chance of coming back to Milan or a new club.

Sheva is all about the the money. That family crap was halv the truth.
amancik
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Aug 23 2008, 10:47 AM) *
It's shevas own fault, if he really wanted to leave he would take a pay cut and tell Abramovic that he wants out. Then he would have a much higher chance of coming back to Milan or a new club.

Sheva is all about the the money. That family crap was halv the truth.

Agreed. We all know well it wasn't Milan's decision to sell him. Now if he wants Milan to buy him back, he should be making his-mind up and chip in some money like Ronaldinho.
Giancarlo
QUOTE (amancik @ Aug 23 2008, 08:20 AM) *
Agreed. We all know well it wasn't Milan's decision to sell him. Now if he wants Milan to buy him back, he should be making his-mind up and chip in some money like Ronaldinho.

What Ronaldinho did with the 15% of the transfer fee was true class...

I think in Spain law permits the player to take 15% of the transfer fee... he gave it up.
han2503
QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 23 2008, 07:28 PM) *
What Ronaldinho did with the 15% of the transfer fee was true class...

I think in Spain law permits the player to take 15% of the transfer fee... he gave it up.

Yep, that's what he did in order to seal the deal, he also took a wage that is equivelant to that of Brocchi. Which I never expected from someone like him, but it's nice to see that things are not always as they seem
Giancarlo
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 23 2008, 10:03 PM) *
Yep, that's what he did in order to seal the deal, he also took a wage that is equivelant to that of Brocchi. Which I never expected from someone like him, but it's nice to see that things are not always as they seem

It's true class on his part and I think him being happy was important than money. Now even Sheva knows that.

Speaking of Brocchi... that's someone that needs to be sold...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.