Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rossoneri go Uruguayan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
KillerMax
Milan have snapped up two new Uruguayan talents, Mathias Cardaccio and Tabarè Viudez.

They underwent medicals at the Milanello training ground over the weekend and will officially be presented to the media on Monday.

Cardaccio signs from Nacional Montevideo and is a 21-year-old creative midfielder with a fierce strike from distance.

“I am similar to Andrea Pirlo,” the new arrival told Tuttosport. He hit the headlines with his performances in the Under-19 World Cup in 2007.

Former Defensor Sporting Montevideo man Viudez is still only 19 and is considered one of Uruguay’s most promising talents for the future.

He was the youngest player in the Under-20 World Cup, aged just 18, and has a left foot reminiscent of Alvaro Recoba.

Football Italia

Warchant
young talent...good!
Zed.D
“I am similar to Andrea Pirlo,”

He's likening himself to Pirlo? the boy has got balls!
misha
Young talents always welcome. Let's see if at least one of them can deliver
Zed.D
QUOTE (misha @ Aug 3 2008, 03:17 PM) *
Young talents always welcome. Let's see if at least one of them can deliver

Not all young talents though *cough* Leandro *cough*
Habitant
braida got him because he dint want people to know he wasnt doing anything in south america on his trip, besides vacation.
acid911
From the bits of news I've seen, these two are talented young kids. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them come out at the top. smile.gif Plus, the dude that compared himself to Pirlo, he meant that he plays like him, a creative sorts of player.

This and the keeper signing from the Brazilian club Santos makes most of it complete. Now get me a CB, or something like that.
GrinReaper
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 4 2008, 03:00 AM) *
and the keeper signing from the Brazilian club Santos makes most of it complete.

You mean, we have bought a keeper? ohmy.gif Or is this just another flying rumour? dry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 4 2008, 01:49 AM) *
You mean, we have bought a keeper? Or is this just another flying rumour?

From what I followed, he's very young (around 21 years, give or take) but talented, and will be staying and playing in Brazil this year, before flying to Milan in 2009. They'll make the official announcement then. wink.gif And we were keeping an eye out for him for quite some time, I wouldn't be surprised if he wears the Milan jersey anytime in the near future.
GrinReaper
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 4 2008, 03:28 AM) *
From what I followed, he's very young (around 21 years, give or take) but talented, and will be staying and playing in Brazil this year, before flying to Milan in 2009. They'll make the official announcement then. wink.gif And we were keeping an eye out for him for quite some time, I wouldn't be surprised if he wears the Milan jersey anytime in the near future.

OH WOW! Milan have actually got a young keeper!!! *skips around like a little girl* That's what I've been ranting about since last season. Where did you read this? Gimme the link. And the keeper's name. I'm gonna do a little scouting about him myself on youtube and the likes. Oh My God, this is like the best news I've heard since they announced my exam results this summer. *skips around a bit more*
kurtsimonw
The keeper was Santos' #3 keeper apparently. blink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 4 2008, 02:06 AM) *
OH WOW! Milan have actually got a young keeper!!! *skips around like a little girl* That's what I've been ranting about since last season. Where did you read this? Gimme the link. And the keeper's name. I'm gonna do a little scouting about him myself on youtube and the likes. Oh My God, this is like the best news I've heard since they announced my exam results this summer. *skips around a bit more*

Yeah, it's not in the news that much (seeing as this is an underground sort of a deal). wink.gif They'll make it official probably next year, but I've seen news trickle of this keeper for close to six months and more. Apparently, his name is Felipe (Garcia dos Prazeres). Santos is a very big club in the Brazilian league, and is good at unearthing talent. They did have a certain Robinho in their team some seasons back. They were second in the league this year, and could possibly mount a very strong challenge this season.

Here are some links:

Milanfan Tennie News Bit
The Tuttomercatoweb Story
Another Forum Posting
His Wiki Page
His Club Wiki Page

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 4 2008, 02:13 AM) *
The keeper was Santos' #3 keeper apparently.

Um, yeah, in a way. He still is for another year. Their number one is their captain, and he's a bit of an old hag. So he gets all the playing time, as he can't sit out in games. biggrin.gif The second guy is also a young backup, though older than the guy we're interested in. This new kid just signed on a couple of seasons back. He is decently tall (at 6-foot-3), and there is still time for him to grow in height, plus he's got good skills.

I guess, it's a way of saying we got someone along the lines of Lloris - that's is to say a younger keeper for the next decade, if he proves himself right. But clubs do that all the time, invest in young, unproved talent. Talent is the keyword here.
GrinReaper
SWEEEEEEEEEEEET! *rubs hands with glee and anticipation*
Jack Sparrow
Felipe is very good in Fifa08. Not as good as this Cassio guy, but still very good. About Ochoa class, and plays for half the money.
GrinReaper
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 4 2008, 04:10 PM) *
Felipe is very good in Fifa08. Not as good as this Cassio guy, but still very good. About Ochoa class, and plays for half the money.

Who's the Cassio guy? But Ochoa class, eh? Awesome, awesome. This news just keeps getting better and better all the time biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
I think, the management has switched from Football Manager to FIFA for this season. We'll just have to see how it goes.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 4 2008, 05:41 AM) *
I think, the management has switched from Football Manager to FIFA for this season. We'll just have to see how it goes.

lol you could say that haha. But at least were getting players and thats whats important. Those two Uruguayans can replace the likes of emerson and brocchi and at least contribute to the team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.