Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moscow Railway Tournament!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tennie
From July 31 through August 3, Milan are going to Moscow to play in a 4-way friendly - the Moscow Railway Tournament - with Lokomotiv Moscow, Chelsea and Sevilla.

Edited to show this year's teams, not last year's. Thanks, Misha!
Tennie
Here are the call ups for the tournament:

MILANO - Questi i 21 rossoneri convocati dal tecnico Carlo Ancelotti per la trasferta di Mosca:
Dida 1, Kalac 16, Abbiati 12
Antonini 77, Bonera 25, Digao 31, Favalli 19, Jankulovski 18, Kaladze 4, Maldini 3, Oddo 2, Simic 17, Zambrotta 15
Ambrosini 23, Brocchi 32, Flamini 84, Gattuso 8, Pirlo 21
Kakà 22, Paloschi 43, Seedorf 10

Today's training has taken place.

The team worked on muscle strengthening exercises in warmup. Maldini, Emerson, and Dida trained with the group.

Some of the team (Simic, Maldini, favalli, Bonera, Jankulovski, Brocchi, Digao, Aubameyang, Antonini, Paloschi, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Zambrotta and Emerson) then worked on agility drills alternating with an obstacle course of sorts (this is my best translation, it still sounds funny).

Following this, Gattuso, Zambrotta and Simic worked with Mauro Tassotti: running the perimeter of the pitch and then working on sprints and stretching.

Jankulovski, Favalli, Bonera, Digao, Aubemeyang and Antonini did work on rhythm alternating with a series of sprints, under the watchful eyes of Filippo Galli.

Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kaladze and Flamini trained in the gym.

Dida took part in training and also worked on rapidity and elasticity (? that's how it translates) drills.

Tomorrow the team will have morning training and will then head to Moscow.

misha
We played vs PSV, Real Madrid and Lokomotiv last year. This time it's vs Lokomotiv Moscow, Chelsea and Sevilla.

Our first game is on Friday August 1st vs. Sevilla.
jefri91
the uefa cup draw is also earlier that day
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 30 2008, 05:55 PM) *
Dida took part in training and also worked on rapidity and elasticity (? that's how it translates) drills.

Yup, that means reflex exercises. smile.gif Improving the flexibility and swiftness.
Tennie
Today's training has taken place.

After warmup, the players divided into small groups to work on performance testing. The NT players worked to complete the preparations that the rest of the team had already doen.

Gattuso, Simic, and Zambrotta worked on the central pitch: Gattuso did aerobic work while Simic and Zambrotta worked on resistance tests.

Pirlo and Ambrosini worked on the lower pitch, doing 100 meter drills and specific work.

Kaka, after doing the first part of training in the gym, did exercises on the upper pitch.

Paloschi did specific work in the gym.

Seedorf, Maldini and Emerson worked in the sand pit.

Digao, Kaladze, Favalli, Antonini, Gianola, Jankulovski, Usuji and Strasser worked on performance tests of 30 and 10 meters.

Abbiati and Kalac worked with goalkeeper coach Vecchi while Dida did specific work.

An hour or so after traning ended, the players boarded the team bus to go to Malpensa for the flight to Moscow.

han2503
At what time will the matches be?
dst
Milan vs Sevilla is at 5PM (IT) and LM vs Chelsea is at 7:15PM (IT).
Ry4n
Dubai Sports 1 For R7
Sport TV (TV Cabo)
Saudi Sports
ViaSat Sport 2
(C+Sport (D,F,N,S
(Sport Klub (Hungary
(Sport Klub (Romania
RTR Sport Planet
Sport 2 Ukr
YES Sport
Sport.ro (Romania)
Sport Klub (Croatia)
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 01:31 PM) *
Milan vs Sevilla is at 5PM (IT) and LM vs Chelsea is at 7:15PM (IT).

Thanks cool.gif
Tennie
The tournament has a website! http://railwayscup.com/index.html

That's the English version, with some info/background on the tournament. The Russian version has a lot more detail and will be running text commentary of the matches (in Russian).
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 31 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Dubai Sports 1 For R7

Thanx smile.gif

What time is it anyways .. ??
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM) *
Thanx smile.gif

5pm italian time Milan - Sevilla

btw, Chelsea TV will be broadcasting the match live also
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM) *
Thanx smile.gif

for where i am Dubai its 7pm
Rossoneri7
Ty han .... and ryh .. Im sure there is a 1hr diff between Kuwait and the UAE, but not sure if its before or after huh.gif

biggrin.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 02:31 PM) *
Ty han .... and ryh .. Im sure there is a 1hr diff between Kuwait and the UAE, but not sure if its before or after huh.gif

biggrin.gif

lol we either i think its gunna be -1 or 30 mins im not totaly sure but ure closer to Moscow then me tongue.gif
vahid
I want to see Sheva against Milan
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 31 2008, 05:23 PM) *
lol we either i think its gunna be -1 or 30 mins im not totaly sure but ure closer to Moscow then me tongue.gif

So Im getting better reception ? biggrin.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 03:36 PM) *
So Im getting better reception ? biggrin.gif

tongue.gif i hope you like the commentary tongue.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (acmilan.com)
MILAN-SIVIGLIA: LA FORMAZIONE ROSSONERA

31/07/2008

MILANO - Il Milan scenderà in campo così domani a Mosca contro il Siviglia: Abbiati; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Zambrotta; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf, Kakà; Paloschi.

Look who's in the goal. thank you, Carlo. cool.gif

(Where the hell is Flamini sad.gif )
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 31 2008, 08:32 PM) *

Muscle complications ... He didn't take part in the Trofio Tim as well
Ry4n
Dam i was hoping to see him sad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 31 2008, 08:36 PM) *
Dam i was hoping to see him sad.gif

btw .. the game isn't today is it ?!

gal_kenny
Guys is there any link i could use to watch this game please?
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 06:39 PM) *
btw .. the game isn't today is it ?!

la tomrow after the eclipse
Ry4n
QUOTE (gal_kenny @ Jul 31 2008, 06:42 PM) *
Guys is there any link i could use to watch this game please?

you should be able to get links here tomrow the day of the match

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

if not there try here

http://www.asiaplatetv.com/
armiss
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 31 2008, 08:38 PM) *
tongue.gif i hope you like the commentary tongue.gif

Ryan , is your arabic good ? wink.gif
gal_kenny
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 31 2008, 06:48 PM) *
you should be able to get links here tomrow the day of the match

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

if not there try here

http://www.asiaplatetv.com/

Thanks a lot rhy...
Tennie
I might be really brave and try to follow the text commentary in Russian. I'll be at work, sadly.

Anyway, here's acmilan.com's english translation of what Carletto said at Malpensa just before the flight to Moscow:

ON THE MOSCOW TOURNAMENT
"Now we go to play these two games hoping to do well. They are important tests and we will certainly meet two strong teams."

ON THE NEXT LEAGUE
"I think the next league season will be much more balanced compared to last year because all the teams have done good things on the transfer market and the quality has definitely improved."

MARKET MOVES
"Paloschi is staying because he is the only striker we have available along with Kaká so he will play these two matches. The Uruguayans, meanwhile, will train with us. Cardacio is a national team player. Viudez, meanwhile, is an '89 player, he's a bit younger. They will train with us and then we will see in twenty days if he will train with the Primavera or if he'll stay with us."

ON THE GOALKEEPERS
"The competition? It has to help everyone, not only Seedorf. Also between the keepers, it's not necessary that it's the same one the whole year. There can be some drops in form, but I don't think the turn-over makes much sense, even though right now Abbiati is not advantaged over Kalac."

INJURIES SITUATION
"Borriello has a problem which he will solve quickly. So we have to wait for him. Sheva meanwhile will play his season at Chelsea. Nesta still has to rest. Maldini, meanwhile, is fine."

Nesta needs to get better fast!

And it would seem that the deal for the Uruguayan kids is for real.
Zed.D
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:16 PM) *
la tomrow after the eclipse

La means no in Arabic, right? biggrin.gif that's about the only Arabic word I know (along with na'am) tongue.gif

What do you do in United Arab Emirates anyway? aren't you English? unsure.gif
Tennie
The fish doll knows one Arabic word!

HABIBI.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 31 2008, 10:53 PM) *
The fish doll knows one Arabic word!

HABIBI.

It means my friend or something like that?
Ry4n
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 31 2008, 06:21 PM) *
La means no in Arabic, right? biggrin.gif that's about the only Arabic word I know (along with na'am) tongue.gif

What do you do in United Arab Emirates anyway? aren't you English? unsure.gif

Im half English half Jordanian im a student im studying in England at the mo my dads a airline pilot for Emirates so im a expat out here on my holidays wink.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (armiss @ Jul 31 2008, 05:50 PM) *
Ryan , is your arabic good ? wink.gif

I can understand it but speaking it and articulating some words i find hard i love the arabic commentary its like Italian with all the drama laugh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:23 PM) *
Im half English half Jordanian im a student im studying in England at the mo my dads a airline pilot for Emirates so im a expat out here on my holidays wink.gif

That's nice. wink.gif I like how you type btw, no dots, no apostrophes, no nothing. tongue.gif
armiss
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:27 PM) *
I can understand it but speaking it and articulating some words i find hard i love the arabic commentary its like Italian with all the drama laugh.gif

So you are swimming the waves of arabic english words biggrin.gif smile.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 31 2008, 07:07 PM) *
That's nice. wink.gif I like how you type btw, no dots, no apostrophes, no nothing. tongue.gif

i like to live free without the complications of dots tongue.gif.....nah tbh i just type to fast and forget the gramer
acid911
Um, dots are bad. laugh.gif Mmkay?
jefri91
I think arab commentators have a lung capacity of a whale.
They never shut their mouth, from kick off to the end of the game he'd talk about all kinds of whaky stuff, give players funny nicknames and mix up between players.
He once mistaken seedorf for gattuso .... now that takes skill
Ry4n
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Jul 31 2008, 08:41 PM) *
I think arab commentators have a lung capacity of a whale.
They never shut their mouth, from kick off to the end of the game he'd talk about all kinds of whaky stuff, give players funny nicknames and mix up between players.
He once mistaken seedorf for gattuso .... now that takes skill

man thats what i love about it laugh.gif

I was watching a Juve game last season on Jazeera and when Del Piero had the ball he would say Shoof al Koora Shoof al Malac Juve Alessandro Del Piero which means in english ( Look at the ball look at the King/Prince of Juve Alessandro Del Piero)
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 31 2008, 05:32 PM) *
Look who's in the goal. thank you, Carlo. cool.gif

Like I expected Abbiati got the start after his performance against Inter, and if he maintains that level against Sevilla then he will start on Sunday also.
MizNelson
Look who's in the goal. thank you, Carlo.

Yeah. Right. dry.gif
dst
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 1 2008, 12:40 AM) *
Yeah. Right. dry.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Dida is not ready. You should not blame Carletto, I'm sure Dida will get his chances and it's up to him to do well...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Aug 1 2008, 12:09 AM) *
man thats what i love about it laugh.gif

I was watching a Juve game last season on Jazeera and when Del Piero had the ball he would say Shoof al Koora Shoof al Malac Juve Alessandro Del Piero which means in english ( Look at the ball look at the King/Prince of Juve Alessandro Del Piero)

laugh.gif laugh.gif

There is ONLY one guy who comments like that; Yousif Seif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOijSICsQxs...feature=related

acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 1 2008, 03:13 AM) *
Dida is not ready. You should not blame Carletto, I'm sure Dida will get his chances and it's up to him to do well...

Well, my good friends, this begs a trivial little question: When? wink.gif Because what I want is for him to get his chance, make it or break so we can move forward with this. He can always go back to Brazil and end his career there.
MizNelson
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 03:13 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I know; I'm just overly impatient to a fault. smile.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:41 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

There is ONLY one guy who comments like that; Yousif Seif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOijSICsQxs...feature=related

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ry4n
Match starts in 3 hours and 10 minutes
Tennie
Tidbits from the press conference in Moscow today (italian from acmilan.com, my translation):

Carlo Ancelotti
"Speriamo di vincere questo torneo, la filosofia del Milan è quella di dare sempre il massimo. Per quanto riguarda la situazione delgi infortunati, Inzaghi sarà recuperato entro quindici giorni. Per Nesta invece i tempi ancora non possono essere precisi.

[We hope to win this tournament, Milan's philosophy is to always do its best. As regards the injured players, Inzaghi will be recuperated in 15 days. For Nesta, his return time is uncertain.]

Riguardo alla situazione dei portieri il Mister ha specificato che: ''Dida sarà pronto per l'inizio del campionato. Intanto ci sono Kalac e Abbiati. I dubbi verranno sciolti presto".

[Regarding the keeper situation: 'Dida will be ready for the start of the championship. In the meantime, there are Kalac and Abbiati. The doubts will soon be resolved.]

Paolo Maldini
"A Mosca farò il mio esordio stagionale, sto bene e sono pronto. In questo torneo faremo del nostro meglio".

[My season debut will be in Moscow. I feel well and I am ready. We'll do our best in this tournament.]
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 1 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Tidbits from the press conference in Moscow today (italian from acmilan.com, my translation):

Carlo Ancelotti
"Speriamo di vincere questo torneo, la filosofia del Milan è quella di dare sempre il massimo. Per quanto riguarda la situazione delgi infortunati, Inzaghi sarà recuperato entro quindici giorni. Per Nesta invece i tempi ancora non possono essere precisi.

[We hope to win this tournament, Milan's philosophy is to always do its best. As regards the injured players, Inzaghi will be recuperated in 15 days. For Nesta, his return time is uncertain.]

Riguardo alla situazione dei portieri il Mister ha specificato che: ''Dida sarà pronto per l'inizio del campionato. Intanto ci sono Kalac e Abbiati. I dubbi verranno sciolti presto".

[Regarding the keeper situation: 'Dida will be ready for the start of the championship. In the meantime, there are Kalac and Abbiati. The doubts will soon be resolved.]

Paolo Maldini
"A Mosca farò il mio esordio stagionale, sto bene e sono pronto. In questo torneo faremo del nostro meglio".

[My season debut will be in Moscow. I feel well and I am ready. We'll do our best in this tournament.]

OMG OMG ohmy.gif sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.