Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti shows Juve fans the finger...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
Zed.D
Ancelotti Gives Juve Fans The Finger!

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti could be in hot water after making an obscene gesture to the Juventus fans at last night's Trofeo TIM.

The Rossoneri were taking part in the annual three-way competition in Turin with Juventus and Inter when Ancelotti reacted angrily to verbal abuse from sections of the home crowd by raising his middle finger.

This obscene gesture could put Ancelotti in trouble with the footballing authorities, and he has already moved to apologise for his actions.

"Yes I did raise my little finger and it was my response to the ignorant people," explained Carletto, who coached Juventus from 1999 to 2001.

"With hindsight I think that I would do the same thing. There's no need to look for video evidence because I'm not scared to admit what I did.

"It's the first time that I have reacted like that and perhaps the last but I couldn't accept those insults.

"Luckily it was a little isolated group who would have been better off at home. They also had abuse for Jose Mourinho, Gianluca Zambrotta, Marco Materazzi and Dejan Stankovic."

Milan won the Trofeo Tim after defeating both Juventus and Inter on penalties, and Ancelotti was pleased with what he saw from his side.

"I was happy with our performances this evening, even if we gave away goals a little too easily," he stated.

"Abbiati had a great evening and I am happy for him. It will be a good battle for the No 1 shirt."

Goalkeeper Abbiati was the hero of the shoot-out win against Inter, saving three spot-kicks, as well as making a wonder-stop from Olivier Dacourt during normal time.

goal.com
armiss
Very natural reaction to insults that can sometimes happen for everyone !
dst
... he did not need to do that. sleep.gif
CrazyMilanFan
not the best of things to do dry.gif
Tennie
Apparently, the Juve ultras were chanting the same thing they chanted when he took over from Lippi in 1999 (which was NOT popular with the fans): 'A pig can't coach'.
misha
Everyone has his boiling point...
Jack Sparrow
Carlo of all people...hahaha...they must have brought out his past as a Juve coach.
kurtsimonw
What a loser.

I see people are going easy on Carlo for some reason though, let's see what happens when Jose does his first controversial thing of the season!
Tennie
Wow, you don't seem to be a fan of Carletto, Kurt.

As for what the merda coach does...well, if he starts talking about eggs and omelettes again, he'll probably be ridiculed. This is, after all, a Milan board and not a merda board. smile.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 30 2008, 05:20 PM) *
I see people are going easy on Carlo for some reason though, let's see what happens when Jose does his first controversial thing of the season!

Exact. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 30 2008, 03:04 PM) *

As for what the merda coach does...well, if he starts talking about eggs and omelettes again, he'll probably be ridiculed. This is, after all, a Milan board and not a merda board. smile.gif

No, I'm not. I think he did a very poor job with an excellent group of players. To only win what he's won with the likes of Dida, Maldini, Stam, Nesta, Pirlo, Rino, Ambro, Kaka', Rui, Sheva, etc. is not good enough really.

I'm not bothered of Jose gets ridiculed, I think it will just make some people look a bit silly with how they'll defend something 1 minute, then blast it the next, just because it was done by a different person. And I'm not saying you're one of those people, just so you know. tongue.gif
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 30 2008, 02:50 PM) *
What a loser.

Ancelotti is a top-coach, a role-model for many young lads, should have been more careful.

As for the fans, it's natural (in 'latin-countries' like Italy, Spain, Portugal this things to happen. We love to insult, provoke, etc. We're nothing like the British, German, etc).
Tennie
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 10:19 AM) *
As for the fans, it's natural (in 'latin-countries' like Italy, Spain, Portugal this things to happen. We love to insult, provoke, etc. We're nothing like the British, German, etc).

True, this! I learned some interesting insults going to Benfica games!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 05:49 PM) *

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 05:19 PM) *
Ancelotti is a top-coach, a role-model for many young lads, should have been more careful.

He should have been more careful ... But if, of all people, Carlo gives a reaction like that, it must have been something very harsh that was being thrown at him
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 30 2008, 05:24 PM) *
Carlo of all people...hahaha...they must have brought out his past as a Juve coach.

They did. Unsurprisingly. sad.gif

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 30 2008, 06:50 PM) *

Let's. tongue.gif Should be fun.

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 30 2008, 07:04 PM) *

No. He isn't. biggrin.gif Hehehe.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 30 2008, 07:13 PM) *
No, I'm not. I think he did a very poor job with an excellent group of players. To only win what he's won with the likes of Dida, Maldini, Stam, Nesta, Pirlo, Rino, Ambro, Kaka', Rui, Sheva, etc. is not good enough really.

Ditto. He should have won at least double, if not more. Particularly in Serie A. dry.gif His arrogance is what lets him down during 38 games in the league. Sticks to his ways.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 30 2008, 07:50 PM) *
He should have been more careful ... But if, of all people, Carlo gives a reaction like that, it must have been something very harsh that was being thrown at him

Of all people? biggrin.gif Carlo has had his moments, the one exciting moment I remember was when in Istanbul when we scored our 2nd or 3rd goal. That was very unlike-Carlo. But apparently, fans did say something very harsh, and while he should have been more careful (with him being a public personality and all), I can't blame him.

If any, it was a very un-elitist thing to do. sleep.gif Something which I won't associate with other top name people.
LaPalma
Hmmm....well...not really classy IMO. What Porty said. Carletto should have been more careful in regard of his position as role model.

Should he have won more? I don't think so. Other clubs also had great teams at that time, especially Juve. He did well. People always tend to believe it's easy to win titles with high-profile teams. But it isn't. Coping with all these stars certainly isn't the easiest ob jobs.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 30 2008, 04:50 PM) *

It's vice versa for you! wink.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 30 2008, 11:27 AM) *
"Yes I did raise my little finger and it was my response to the ignorant people," explained Carletto, who coached Juventus from 1999 to 2001.

laugh.gif Wrong one Carlo! Wonder if that'll save him & the fact it wasn't caught on camera. If not the fans/juve should be punished too.
agenth
anyone have a pic of it? XDD laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 30 2008, 08:33 PM) *
Should he have won more? I don't think so. Other clubs also had great teams at that time, especially Juve. He did well. People always tend to believe it's easy to win titles with high-profile teams. But it isn't. Coping with all these stars certainly isn't the easiest ob jobs.

We didn't have stars. More like titans: Paolo, Nesta, Kaka, Rui, Sheva, and what not. All these players were a cut above the regular stars with teams have. And for them to have won only one Serie A in this period is a bit of a letdown, honestly. His real test came last season, when he did not have these stars, and we all know what happened. rolleyes.gif

Of course, it's a controversial and polarizing topic, and I understand that. All I'm saying is that he could have (or should have) won a bit more than this. Look at Manchester, champions of England - and - champions of Europe. While we weren't even the best club in our city when we won in Athens. huh.gif Other big clubs in recent memory did this too, Madrid and Bayern Munich spring to mind. I agree with you that it's not easy winning, but he had at a time the best XI in the world, and a little more success would not have gone unnoticed.

What we have isn't by any means slouch. biggrin.gif I'd take the bunch of CL wins and finals, semis, etc any time of the day. Peace out!
acid911
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 30 2008, 08:33 PM) *
Coping with all these stars certainly isn't the easiest ob jobs.

Well coping is a relative word. tongue.gif Guys like Paolo, Nesta, Sheva, Kaka, even Rui don't need much coping. They have done and seen it all. It's the second and third tier stuff (Seedorf, Kaladze, Brocchi level people) that need to be managed. Plus the family atmosphere at Milan always helped, and that is one of the reasons for our success at all levels.

Does Carlo deserves credit? By goly, he does! But only as much as he deserves. Same goes for anyone else. Saying Ancelotti was the reason of our golden period, well honestly that's stretching it out a bit. Technical brain, yest. But he's terrible with man management, especially with youngsters. dry.gif We'd have had another highly creative mid in Gorcuff if he built his confidence, instead of relegating him in favor of Seedorf, Brocchi, and Emerson. That's bad. No one should be allowed to play with other people's careers.

I may sound like I don't like or appreciate what he's done, but the reality is far from it. wink.gif Carlo is easily one of the best coaches. Of all time. No matter how much I disagree with his game philosophy.
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 30 2008, 03:50 PM) *

Who cares? He shouldn't have done that. Period.

Cristiano Ronaldo had 65.000 people booing and insulting him in Luz (Benfica stadium) and showed that finger.
Not only he was punished by UEFA but even nowadays (that was 3-4 years ago) many, I mean MANY, people hate him and don't respect him in Portugal. People didn't forget that thing and will always be in their memories when the name "Cristiano Ronaldo" appears.

Who cares if that 65.000 were insulting his mother, father, dog, etc? It was him, who earn zillions, who gets the best girls around, who plays for the best clubs in the world, who have the best cars, a role-model for thousands of kids in the world... who should be careful. Not the 65.000 people.
acid911
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 09:51 PM) *

Cristiano Ronaldo had 65.000 people booing and insulting him in Luz (Benfica stadium) and showed that finger.
Not only he was punished by UEFA but even nowadays (that was 3-4 years ago) many, I mean MANY, people hate him and don't respect him in Portugal. People didn't forget that thing and will always be in their memories when the name "Cristiano Ronaldo" appears.

Who cares if that 65.000 were insulting his mother, father, dog, etc? It was him, who earn zillions, who gets the best girls around, who plays for the best clubs in the world, who have the best cars, a role-model for thousands of kids in the world... who should be careful. Not the 65.000 people.

Truth. king.gif

Besides Carlo isn't a 21 year old kid like Cristiano. A man of his age and stature should have more. I remember Paolo and company being abused by fans during our dark age in the 80s and early 90s. They did nothing of this sorts. And so shouldn't the coach.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 03:19 PM) *

Agreed.

But I think most countries have insulting chants towards managers. Like Arsenal fans telling Glenn Roeder to "sit down tumor boy" after it had been recently discovered that he had a brain tumor. It gets quite bad really.

QUOTE (Acid)
Besides Carlo isn't a 21 year old kid like Cristiano. A man of his age and stature should have more. I remember Paolo and company being abused by fans during our dark age in the 80s and early 90s. They did nothing of this sorts. And so shouldn't the coach.

Exactly. And this is what annoys me with this club as it prides itself on its class! But Galliani insulting other clubs, or Carlo doing this.. we should make sure our own employees stop giving the club a bad name. Either that or they should get the boot.
dst
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 07:51 PM) *

Exactly. Besides, Zambrotta, Mourinho and the Inter players also were treated the same way yet no one reacted the way Carlo did. I can't see how anyone can justify it anyhow when it's common knowledge that it was shameful, period.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 30 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Exactly. Besides, Zambrotta, Mourinho and the Inter players also were treated the same way yet no one reacted the way Carlo did. I can't see how anyone can justify it anyhow when it's common knowledge that it was shameful, period.

It's bad enough doing it, but then trying to defend your actions. laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 07:51 PM) *

I didn't say it was an excuse ... I'm saying it must have been something really harsh to provoke someone like Carlo, who really doesn't give into such things ... Was it right or wrong ? It was wrong no questions asked.

p.s. CR is a piece of trash ... People like Figo or Rui those were class, those were the men. So no matter what this kid wins, no matter what individual award is won by him he will remain trash! Him back stabbing Rooney at the WC, you could see right there what type of a person he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he did show that finger. The person I'd be surprised at is Carlo !!
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 30 2008, 06:50 PM) *
I didn't say it was an excuse ... I'm saying it must have been something really harsh to provoke someone like Carlo, who really doesn't give into such things ... Was it right or wrong ? It was wrong no questions asked.

p.s. CR is a piece of trash ... People like Figo or Rui those were class, those were the men. So no matter what this kid wins, no matter what individual award is won by him he will remain trash! Him back stabbing Rooney at the WC, you could see right there what type of a person he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he did show that finger. The person I'd be surprised at is Carlo !!

Figo only thinks about money. He's no example, though he's a gentleman. Rui, Vitor Baia, Paulo Sousa, Futre, etc were class.

But Rooney is no example too. No player in Man Utd is an example to anybody. Just a bunch of arrogant pric...
Tennie
I like Giggsy. Granted, he's about the only United player I DO like....
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 30 2008, 10:50 PM) *
p.s. CR is a piece of trash ... People like Figo or Rui those were class, those were the men.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honestly, Figo was overall a class act, but he's had his moments when it comes to being an arrogant turd. Not quite the level of Christiano, but darn close. Even headbutted a player in the last World Cup. Rui, on the other hand, was and is almost immaculate.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 09:38 PM) *
No player in Man Utd is an example to anybody. Just a bunch of arrogant pric...

Except for Ryan Giggs and [probably] Paul Scholes
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 30 2008, 07:09 PM) *
I like Giggsy. Granted, he's about the only United player I DO like....

I used to like him but since he put his hands in Kaka's neck trying to threat him or so... I've lost all the respect I had for Giggs.

It was in Old Trafford's 2-3 CL semi-final, 2 seasons ago.
dst
Figo is class? laugh.gif laugh.gif That man left Barcelona for Madrid just for the money... how is that class?

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 30 2008, 08:41 PM) *
It's bad enough doing it, but then trying to defend your actions. laugh.gif

He didn't. He admitted doing it and I don't think he tried to justify it or felt sorry for doing it. Which is the only good thing in this whole story...

Anyway... it's over now, it's sad and I hope we won't see anything like that again in the future!
acid911
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 11:08 PM) *
Figo only thinks about money. He's no example, though he's a gentleman. Rui, Vitor Baia, Paulo Sousa, Futre, etc were class.

Exactly. I'd take one Rui over a dozen Figos. wink.gif I'm not talking about Figo the player - he was of course one of the absolute best - but if I wanted to be like anyone, it'd be someone along the lines of Rui Costa.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 09:42 PM) *
I used to like him but since he put his hands in Kaka's neck trying to threat him or so... I've lost all the respect I had for Giggs.

It was in Old Trafford's 2-3 CL semi-final, 2 seasons ago.

This? biggrin.gif

acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 30 2008, 11:14 PM) *
Figo is class? That man left Barcelona for Madrid just for the money... how is that class?

Yup. And got a dead pigs head thrown at him in a match. wink.gif That's class for you. Compare that with Rui Costa staying at Fiorentina and giving up on CL just for the love of his club. Or how many CL matches Gabrial Batistuta missed by being loyal to Fiorentina for that matter. Money is important yes, but it's not everything last time I checked.

The classiest players are those who rise above the money barrier. Very few do. Same goes for coaches. biggrin.gif Good thing that members here understand.
acid911
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 30 2008, 11:17 PM) *
This?

Exactly. And in an earlier match, he made a free kick goal when the other team wasn't ready. That's about as unsportsmanlike as it gets. laugh.gif He's a legend though, and who am I to mess with legends!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 30 2008, 09:10 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honestly, Figo was overall a class act, but he's had his moments when it comes to being an arrogant turd. Not quite the level of Christiano, but darn close. Even headbutted a player in the last World Cup. Rui, on the other hand, was and is almost immaculate.

He's a merda player now, so I don't blame u for taking a laugh biggrin.gif

But overall, Figo is a class player, I have followed him since his Barca days (more of old school in terms of my taste I know tongue.gif ). Headbutted ?! What about Zidane, does that make him any less of a class player ? Don't dig a lot tongue.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 30 2008, 09:50 PM) *
Exactly. And in an earlier match, he made a free kick goal when the other team wasn't ready. That's about as unsportsmanlike as it gets. laugh.gif He's a legend though, and who am I to mess with legends!

Well Porty said Giggs throttled Kaka, but it's the other way around! I don't get it huh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 30 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Figo is class? laugh.gif laugh.gif That man left Barcelona for Madrid just for the money... how is that class?

Zidane left Juve for Madrid ... Does that necessarily mean its for the money ?!

Ronaldo left inter for Madrid, does that mean he left for money ?!

Both Barca and inter pay BIG ... It's just that Madrid is a bigger club.
acid911
friends.gif

Agreed. It doesn't matter whether I like a player or not, as long as they've served the game well, they deserve our respect. What they do, or how they do it, is their personal matter of course. Some are built on aggression, while others are more calm and serene.
Portman
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 30 2008, 07:24 PM) *
Well Porty said Giggs throttled Kaka, but it's the other way around! I don't get it huh.gif

I saw the thing live. First Giggs put the hands on Kaka' and then, obviously the brazillian reacted.
Tennie
^^I'd forgotten about that. That was the first leg of the semis, where Il Capitano and Rino both went out injured right around halftime.

Giggs did grab Kaka first, Porty's right.

As for Figo, he's been a very good player but money has been a big motivator for him, from the time he moved from Sporting to Barca on. Rui...was and is a class above.
LaPalma
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 30 2008, 08:20 PM) *

And I say that it's cleverness. Ryan Giggs never misses a trick. That's what makes him unique.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jul 30 2008, 09:56 PM) *
I saw the thing live. First Giggs put the hands on Kaka' and then, obviously the brazillian reacted.

I don't remember Giggs putting his hands on Kaka's throat, but I'm almost sure Giggs was at fault for it, not Kaka. doesn't matter. one is a legend, the other is a legend in the making. and of course both great players. these things happen in football, I'm sure even Maldini has had his share of it.
acid911
I saw it too. As a matter of fact Giggs tried his best to provoke the Brazilian by saying some words. biggrin.gif The photo though is classic.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 30 2008, 10:00 PM) *
^^I'd forgotten about that. That was the first leg of the semis, where Il Capitano and Rino both went out injured right around halftime.

Giggs did grab Kaka first, Porty's right.

As for Figo, he's been a very good player but money has been a big motivator for him, from the time he moved from Sporting to Barca on. Rui...was and is a class above.

Oh, then it is Kaka's reaction to it.

As for Figo, I don't think just because he dared for more means he lacks class. he's always looked like a gentleman to me!
acid911
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jul 30 2008, 11:32 PM) *
And I say that it's cleverness. Ryan Giggs never misses a trick. That's what makes him unique.

Obviously, in the world of sports that we live now, it's a must. wink.gif But still it would have made it better if he took his time and score the goal then. That's showing due respect to the opposing team.

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 30 2008, 11:32 PM) *
I don't remember Giggs putting his hands on Kaka's throat, but I'm almost sure Giggs was at fault for it, not Kaka. doesn't matter. one is a legend, the other is a legend in the making. and of course both great players. these things happen in football, I'm sure even Maldini has had his share of it.

Blasphemy! ohmy.gif Where's dst when you need him! He didn't, and I'm sure of it. Partly because of his personality and cool mindedness, and partly because he's a defender, they don't get so hot-headed. At least that's the way I've seen in all Paolo matches and videos, he's shown complete class.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.