Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kenyon denies Chelsea made Kaka offer
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Warchant
According to Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon, the club never made an offer for AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka.

Kenyon's statement contradicts AC's vice-president Adriano Galliani, who reportedly claimed: "It's true that Chelsea made a conspicuous offer, but I will not say how much it was.

"It is equally true that we said no. President Silvio Berlusconi rejected the chance to sell Kaka, just as he told Real Madrid no in 2001 for Andriy Shevchenko."

Kenyon said there was no offer from the Blues, saying: "There was no offer made. I have read the same articles.

"They have made it clear that he is not for sale and we will make it clear we have not made an offer.

"There is no reason to negotiate over something they don't want to do and we have not made an offer."

However, when asked about the rumored pursuit of Real Madrid's Robinho, Kenyon was more positive, saying: "It is well noted we have shown interest.

"We have had discussions with Madrid over it and they are ongoing. The window is still open and we are still talking to Madrid."
agenth
yeah of course. that's just their way to hide their hurt male pride *rollseyes*
I_Rossoneri
Robinho to chelsea would be laughable, especially at £31m laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 21 2008, 06:44 PM) *
Robinho to chelsea would be laughable, especially at £31m laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

He'll do a Sheva for them and not only that he's not even worth that ammount of money. But if Real manage to sell him for that ammount then kudos to them I guess

Tomorrow Chelsea Will Bid €200m For Kaka - Galliani

Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani has rubbished speculation that Chelsea have lodged a record-breaking €150m bid for Kaka, saying that the media just make up stories, and predicting that tomorrow there will be reports of a €200m offer.

This saga first started on Friday night when it was reported that Chelsea had made a €100m offer to Milan for Kaka.

The next day Galliani confirmed that he had rejected a “conspicuous” offer from Chelsea but wouldn’t reveal a figure, before adding that Kaka was not for sale at any price.

Chelsea's chief executive Peter Kenyon then refuted talk of a bid for Kaka, but this didn’t stop the Gazzetta dello Sport from reporting this morning that the English giants were to make a gargantuan €150m offer for the Brazilian.

"An offer of €150m for Kakà doesn’t exist from anyone, even less so from Chelsea,” said Galliani.

"These reports are urban legends. Someone will write tomorrow that there is a €200m offer, and in September the figure will reach €300m.

“I met Abramovich. We made a bid for Shevchenko and he asked us about Kakà, but we did not talk about figures and the meeting finished 0-0.

“Real Madrid have also called about Kaka, but the player is staying with us.”

One would think that these statements will finally put to an end talk of a Kaka move to Chelsea, but knowing the English and Italian press, a €200m 'bid' is certainly a possibility come tomorrow morning.

For once Galliani makes some sense
kurtsimonw
Gallini just doesn't know when to quit. This is twice now that he's said Chelsea have made offers, with Chelsea have denied and even Leonardo has denied. Now he's bringing up some BS about £200m offer? This guy is beyond annoying. First he says they've made an offer for Kaka', then he says it's all rubbish!? PLEASE!
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 21 2008, 11:16 PM) *
Gallini just doesn't know when to quit. This is twice now that he's said Chelsea have made offers, with Chelsea have denied and even Leonardo has denied. Now he's bringing up some BS about £200m offer? This guy is beyond annoying. First he says they've made an offer for Kaka', then he says it's all rubbish!? PLEASE!

Now he's saying it's rumours because he knows the fans are happy with R10. Before he was using Kaka and Pirlo as leverage to tell the fans that were complaining that tranfers could be easily made if Kaka and Pirlo were sold.

Personally I think that Chelsea made some kind of offer for Kaka, but only enquired about him rather then making an official bid after Milan told them that they were not willing to sell no matter what the price is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.