Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ronaldinho
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
m1ke
OFFICIAL: MILAN GET RONALDINHO
Tuesday 15 July, 2008
Milan have officially announced they have agreed a deal to sign Ronaldinho from Barcelona.

“AC Milan and FC Barcelona have reached an agreement for the transfer of Ronaldinho to the Rossoneri,” read the statement.

“The player will be in Milan tomorrow to undergo a medical and sign the contract that will tie him to the club until June 30, 2011.”

It was confirmed the Brazilian will leave Barcelona at 11.00 local time on Wednesday morning on the same flight as general manager Adriano Galliani.

The financial details have not yet been revealed, but it is expected to have been sealed in the region of £15m.

The offer was substantially lower than Manchester City’s £25.5m bid, but Ronaldinho’s desire to join Milan has been evident for many months.

He now goes to bolster an already strong Brazilian contingent at San Siro alongside Kaka and Alexandre Pato for an all-Selecao front three.

“Tomorrow Ronaldinho will undergo a medical and, if he passes, he will become a Milan player,” grinned Galliani on Sky Italia.

The official was on his way to a restaurant in Barcelona with President Joan Laporta, agent Roberto De Assis, FIFA go-between Ernesto Bronzetti and of course Ronaldinho himself to celebrate the deal.

It was reported one of the main sticking points over the last few hours was the fee that needed to go to his former club, Paris Saint-Germain, but Milan and Barca managed to iron out the remaining details.
arivanjj
biggrin.gif welcome to the magician!
kurtsimonw
Hopefully we see more Ronaldinho '05/'06, and less Ronaldinho '06/'07!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 16 2008, 01:48 AM) *
Hopefully we see more Ronaldinho '05/'06, and less Ronaldinho '06/'07!

Edit: Hopefully we see more Kaka '06/'07, and less Ronaldinho! cool.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 16 2008, 12:27 PM) *

ditto tongue.gif

here's a little video of when Kaka, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho were younger.... click!

Kaka... rolleyes.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 15 2008, 10:27 PM) *

Edit: FIX: Hopefully we see more Kaka '06/'07, and Ronaldinho '05/06'! wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 16 2008, 04:25 AM) *
Edit: FIX: Hopefully we see more Kaka '06/'07, and Ronaldinho '05/06'! wink.gif

laugh.gif I've never been a major fan even when he was at his peak.

I fail to see how people love this guy and call Ronaldo a one-trick pony that never shows up in big games. I mean Ronaldinho was sensational in the CL final against Arsenal wasn't he and in the World cup, well...

There have been 2 occasions I can recall him turning it on and proving he's World Class against proper opposition against Madrid and against Milan mainly because of 'that' goal.

I hope I'm wrong and in a few months I'm eating my words but I do fail to see how he's going to change Milan's fortunes when we have the better Brazilian in our team already.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 16 2008, 05:05 AM) *

I fail to see how people love this guy and call Ronaldo a one-trick pony that never shows up in big games. I mean Ronaldinho was sensational in the CL final against Arsenal wasn't he and in the World cup, well...

There have been 2 occasions I can recall him turning it on and proving he's World Class against proper opposition against Madrid and against Milan mainly because of 'that' goal.

I hope I'm wrong and in a few months I'm eating my words but I do fail to see how he's going to change Milan's fortunes when we have the better Brazilian in our team already.

I feel exactly the same.

As for the Champions League Final in question.. if it weren't for Henrik Larsson, Barca would have been humiliated by 10 man Arsenal, he single handedly won them that game when he came on!
Jack Sparrow
Well for one thing, getting Madrid to applaud a Catalonian player is no small thing. Secondly, he did play a big role in getting them through to the final. Against Arsenal, Ronaldinho was as effective as Kaka against the same team. tongue.gif

But I understand, why a lot of us would prefer Kaka over R20. Why I'm so thrilled, is now you have potentially the two greatest attackers in world football today, and both of them have different styles. The ball is well and truly in Carletto's court now, to come up with something.

I wanted Ronaldinho because, like I mentioned earlier, it removes the Pirlo fixation. We can finally play the 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMFs and not have it isolate the sole striker.

If Borriello can guarantee 15 goals this season, I'd go so far as to say, the scudetto is in the bag.

Anybody thing, there is a chance that Milan will play this...

---Oddo---Nesta---Kala----Janku
---Zambro--Rino--Pirlo----Antonini
-----------Pato-----------------------
--------------------Borriello---------

Would be great to see two wingers. Or at least unique!
Mook
A brazilian attack of Kaka', Pato and Dinho is exciting to think about!

Anyone else feeling a dawn of a new era.. biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
This could be as big as Gre-No-Li or the three dutch musketeers. It's been a long time coming. biggrin.gif I just so hope, this R20 gamble will work out!!
Tennie
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif

YAY for Ronaldinho!

Milan Are Brilliant
A lot of Manchester City fans are 'relieved' he hasn't joined them so I've been hearing.

Now I thought this was jealousy but these comments were from a few days ago, maybe I'm not the only one having a few doubts.
Jack Sparrow
It's a case of sour grapes. Now they'll rationalize saying, he's a washed up superstar, he would have been a big strain on the pay packet etc.

Simple matter is, for the price package Milan got him for, around 20 clubs in the world could have paid the same amount. This is R10 after all, football's biggest celebrity since Beckham. But he wanted Milan and took a pay cut. I welcome him, if for nothing- that particular reason.
Zed.D
Hey!!! biggrin.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 16 2008, 09:19 AM) *
This could be as big as Gre-No-Li or the three dutch musketeers.

There's a flip side to that: it could be as disappointing as KaRoLi tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Hey! biggrin.gif

^^

unsure.gif

Hey ya...back!! hugsmile2.gif

Karoli...well dst did say it was Greek for mofo...we should have wisened up then.

KaPaRo v1 was a hit while it lasted...and from personal experience I do feel the v2 is always cooler. wink.gif
Zed.D
I love your avatar by the way!
han2503
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 16 2008, 08:00 AM) *
A lot of Manchester City fans are 'relieved' he hasn't joined them so I've been hearing.

Now I thought this was jealousy but these comments were from a few days ago, maybe I'm not the only one having a few doubts.

Yeah, I've been on one of their forums, and even if some really wanted him the majority did not. Their main concern was that he will only go their for the money and play 1 game out of every 4. This fact should not concern us considering all that he was willing to give up to play for Milan

Also the fact that the bid Man City were offering plus the wage worried them
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 16 2008, 01:24 PM) *
I love your avatar by the way!

Thanks bro. It's getting harder to find good Captain Jack avtars, esp with the movie, now being old news. This was one I had saved when MF was still 80 x 80.

@han2503: In a way they're right. But to say the wouldn't have welcomed him, is like us, now saying, thank God we didn't get Eto'o. He's an idiot and too expensive. The fact is Man City couldn't offer him anything. He would be surrounded in a pool of average to just above par players. He would automatically be the target for all opposition players, and Man City are probably not challenging for any trophy this season other than the FA Cup. He'd always be branded as the player who chose to become the big fish in a small pond for the added bucks!

R10 did what was right by him, and it's worked out in our favour. But thank god, he didn't go with Chelsea, now that was something I was worried about!
dst
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 16 2008, 07:05 AM) *

I've never been a fan either... football is an art... and Ronaldinho's art I do not like but he is a world class artist I don't think that can be questioned.

And the reason I don't like his game (art) is exactly cause he's all tricks and flicks... but I don't think he's been a choker in big games. Apart from the CL final that is (And even then, he was the one that produced that magic through ball that led to Lehmann being shown a red card). For WC performances... you may want to look at the '02 competition... wink.gif
But the reason I don't like him is because of his unprofessionalism... I hope that'll change now...

I don't get what you mean in the last paragraph... you mean that because Kaka is the best in the world (or one of the best if you like) whoever is less good than him is not needed?!?
Surely Ronaldinho could change Milan's fortunes. Unless by that you mean we will win the Serie A. But this team is certainly not finished so a great player like R20 will fire things up... I hope.

Anyway... I'm happy about this signing. It's a a big risk yeah but at least we've done something that may pay out big. And this also means that Adebayor will not come right? smile.gif

But wait... where am I? This is the wrong place... sorry for interrupting... huh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 16 2008, 11:34 AM) *
In a way they're right. But to say the wouldn't have welcomed him, is like us, now saying, thank God we didn't get Eto'o. He's an idiot and too expensive. The fact is Man City couldn't offer him anything. He would be surrounded in a pool of average to just above par players. He would automatically be the target for all opposition players, and Man City are probably not challenging for any trophy this season other than the FA Cup. He'd always be branded as the player who chose to become the big fish in a small pond for the added bucks!

R10 did what was right by him, and it's worked out in our favour. But thank god, he didn't go with Chelsea, now that was something I was worried about!

Personally I didn't want Eto'o in Milan but... perfectly put. cookie for you!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 16 2008, 09:30 AM) *
I don't get what you mean in the last paragraph... you mean that because Kaka is the best in the world (or one of the best if you like) whoever is less good than him is not needed?!?

Not what I meant. I mean if you're going to spend fairly big money it should improve the team in my eyes it doesn't it just gives us a lesser duplicate of someone we already have that's what I intended it to mean.
Zed.D
@ dst

It's unfair to say Ronaldinho is all about tricks and flicks. his playmaking abilities, his through passes, his free kicks, his ability of scoring weird goals from unusual positions, his inability of missing point blank chances!, etc. what about these? in fact Ronaldinho has somethings extra compared to many and those are his tricks and flicks!
m1ke
Dinho: Milan at last
Wednesday 16 July, 2008
Ronaldinho has expressed his joy at leaving Barcelona for Milan and can’t wait to make a fresh start in Serie A.

The Selecao star was frozen out at the Nou Camp after a troubled campaign and made it clear that he didn’t want to stay on for next season.

After a series of financial compromises, Dinho was allowed to join Milan rather than Manchester City and the joy was evident.

Finally I am a Milan player,” he crowed. “I’m sorry if I kept you waiting but the facts show that I always wanted the Rossoneri.

It’s not the right time to talk about Barcelona because I just want to enjoy this new chapter in my life.

I will only say that I promise to work so hard at Milan and not just on a technical level.

Milan’s new ace will fly to Italy’s fashion capital at 10am this morning and is due to be presented to the Press at Milanello this evening.
Zed.D
Many people used to say he's a money whore. he proved them wrong... now it's time to prove those who say he is finished wrong. happy.gif
dst
Now that's a good promise. I hope he keeps them!

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 16 2008, 11:42 AM) *
Not what I meant. I mean if you're going to spend fairly big money it should improve the team in my eyes it doesn't it just gives us a lesser duplicate of someone we already have that's what I intended it to mean.

Oh OK. I don't agree with you though. I don't think R20's game is identical to Kaka's.
If Ronaldinho wakes up he'll improve our game a lot. Whether he takes Seedorf's place, who must be shown the bench as soon as possible, or play next to Pato in a more advanced role, he will take our game one level up.
At least that's what I think. These are two of the things we've been missing big; Seedorf (who rarely shows up) and Sheva (who can now speak English)... Ronaldinho (again; if he wakes up which is a big bet and the reason why I did not want him at Milan) can be both of them (not at the same time of course).

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 16 2008, 11:43 AM) *
@ dst

It's unfair to say Ronaldinho is all about tricks and flicks. his playmaking abilities, his through passes, his free kicks, his ability of scoring weird goals from unusual positions, his inability of missing point blank chances!, etc. what about these? in fact Ronaldinho has somethings extra compared to many and those are his tricks and flicks!

That's not what I said. Ronaldinho is a great player. Kaka is too. But the former comes with lots of golden ribbons...

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 16 2008, 11:56 AM) *
Many people used to say he's a money whore. he proved them wrong... now it's time to prove those who say he is finished wrong. happy.gif

How did he prove anyone wrong about the money issue? Players earn most of their money through sponsor contracts not club wages... Ronaldinho has a chance to win something big with Milan... which means more and better contracts with sponsors...
In any case, what matters is ambition... I don't care how much he earns as long as he shows on the green why he earns it...
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 16 2008, 08:04 AM) *
@han2503: In a way they're right. But to say the wouldn't have welcomed him, is like us, now saying, thank God we didn't get Eto'o. He's an idiot and too expensive. The fact is Man City couldn't offer him anything. He would be surrounded in a pool of average to just above par players. He would automatically be the target for all opposition players, and Man City are probably not challenging for any trophy this season other than the FA Cup. He'd always be branded as the player who chose to become the big fish in a small pond for the added bucks!

Of course Man City had nothing to offer him, no matter how much money their new owner is willing to put in first he has to fond a way to attract that player and right now they have no pulling power, money might talk put prestige and history talk as well, Chelsea might have done it but they did it wisely not starting out trying to throw cash at Ronaldinho of all players

And with that they might not ever be able to break into the top for not to mention Villa and Spurs who both have good teams that might break into the top 4 if Liverpool or Arsenal slip up.

Money does speak and if R10 was a money whore like he's been accused of being in the past I don't think that he would have any problems with going to city sitting on his @ss week in week out and getting his huge pay check. He's already won everything there is to win in football so it wouldn't have bothered him that much. But he chose to come to Milan earning a wage that is equivelent to that of a player like Brocchi and commited to working hard and proving himself all over again.

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jul 16 2008, 08:42 AM) *

Kaka and Dinho are definately not replica's it completely 2 different styles of football and played in the right way he and Kaka will be able to do great thing together.

The WC of 06 should be forgetten Brazil failed because of their coach and that stupid magic square thing that was bound to fail from the beginning, no matter what form Kaka and R10 were in at the time
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 16 2008, 01:33 PM) *
That's not what I said. Ronaldinho is a great player. Kaka is too. But the former comes with lots of golden ribbons...

I thought you meant that by saying 'he's all tricks and flicks'. sorry. unsure.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 16 2008, 09:56 AM) *

+1 wink.gif spot on

Cant wait til he scores his debut goal and his assists !!
Ry4n
I wonder what number he will get !?!!?
vahid
Maybe 11.then he'll be R11 96.gif
Fillipo Simone
I bet he'll get the #20. Or...like Zamorano..1+9

He allways had either the #10 (Braca+Brazil) or like in PSG #21, but that's Andy's..

dst
11 seems to be cursed... unsure.gif 20 or 28 would look fine...
arivanjj
Seedorf... give him the damn number mad.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 16 2008, 01:49 PM) *
11 seems to be cursed... unsure.gif 20 or 28 would look fine...

Who had the 11 before Gila?
arivanjj
MILANELLO - Right now at the Rossoneri's sports centre of Milanello, there are about 4,000 Rossoneri fans present awaiting the arrival of Ronaldinho, singing songs and supporting the squad.

FORZA MILANNNNNNNN!!!!
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 16 2008, 12:31 PM) *
Who had the 11 before Gila?

Crespo, but he seemed to have avoided the 'curse'

Rivaldo however did not
arivanjj
Warm welcome by Galliani, Carlo and Leonardo as Ronaldinho arrives at the Milanello
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jul 16 2008, 12:38 PM) *
MILANELLO - Right now at the Rossoneri's sports centre of Milanello, there are about 4,000 Rossoneri fans present awaiting the arrival of Ronaldinho, singing songs and supporting the squad.

FORZA MILANNNNNNNN!!!!

Do you know if they're going to show it on milan channel ari?
arivanjj
^^ i wouldnt know mate... i would check now, if they did they should be showing coverage
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jul 16 2008, 12:53 PM) *
^^ i wouldnt know mate... i would check now, if they did they should be showing coverage

I checked they're not showing anything sad.gif
Mook
Milan gripped by Ronaldinho fever

Ronaldinho has landed in Milan to a jubilant reception and Carlo Ancelotti has hailed his arrival.

The former PSG man completed a switch from Barcelona to Milan late last night for a fee of around £18m.

Dinho flew into Milan’s Malpensa Airport at 11.30am along with Vice-President Adriano Galliani and is taking a medical this afternoon.

A crowd of fans gathered to cheer the Brazilian ace as he started his new life with the Rossoneri and the star’s arrival has prompted a clamour for season tickets with 3000 sold in an hour as soon as the transfer was confirmed.

“There’s lots of talk about the Milan of the future,” Ancelotti told the Milan Channel.

“The club have made a big sacrifice to buy important players and not only Ronaldinho.

“He has brought so much enthusiasm. Dinho’s not an outright striker because he loves to find space as well as being deadly.

“What do I expect from him? I expect him to give his all. We are hoping to give him the chance to return to being the best in the world with us.

“It has been a unique summer but we will be competitive on all fronts next year with Gianluca Zambrotta, Mathieu Flamini, Ronaldinho and Marco Borriello.

“We have so many options now and we have a nice mix of youth and experience. With Kaka and Dinho in hand I can come up with some new tactics.” devil.gif

Link
arivanjj

Zed.D

Is that De Assis beside Leonardo?
arivanjj
"im so hood"

tongue.gif
Jako19
Nice Pics. God im excited for the Kaka' R10 combo.. that will open up so much space for both of them. Now defenders cant just ride Kaka's *** all game cuz then r10 will have to much space, or vis versa. smoke.gif smoke.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 16 2008, 11:05 PM) *
Is that De Assis beside Leonardo?

yep
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jako19 @ Jul 16 2008, 05:36 PM) *
Nice Pics. God im excited for the Kaka' R10 combo.. that will open up so much space for both of them. Now defenders cant just ride Kaka's *** all game cuz then r10 will have to much space, or vis versa. smoke.gif smoke.gif

You forgot to mention the one who can take the most advantage of this: Pato!
Zed.D
Blog: Wrong-aldinho

Milanisti may be hailing the arrival of Ronaldinho today, but Antonio Labbate thinks the Brazilian isn’t needed at San Siro

So Milan have finally got their man. Pending the outcome of a medical later today, which will be passed unless he breaks the scales, Ronaldinho will complete his move to the Rossoneri for around £16m. Yet it doesn’t make sense, it just doesn’t make sense.

How many times have we heard Vice-President Adriano Galliani plead poverty this summer after being scared off by the valuation of some of Europe’s top stars? So it is somewhat amusing that the same individual would fly off to Spain and spend the money he has on a player that the Italian giants seemingly have no need for.

The Brazilian represents the icing on the cake to Milan’s transfer campaign, but the problem is that the cake is crumbling. What real wisdom is there in adding Ronaldinho to a squad which already consists of Kaka, Alexandre Pato and Clarence Seedorf? Especially when the side is crying out for reinforcements elsewhere. Who’s putting together the outfit’s transfer strategy? Alessio Secco?

Even if we forget the club’s need for a new No 1 – Silvio Berlusconi has never spent big on a goalkeeper – it’s quite clear that the club should have invested in a fresh central defender and, especially, a centre-forward. Instead, boss Carlo Ancelotti will now have to design a side which is overflowing with attacking midfielders and second strikers, but no target man who can head a ball.

The reality is that Milan perhaps needed Ronaldinho two years ago when they first made their interest clear, not now. He could admittedly turn out to be the signing of the century if he can return to the player we all loved to watch in 2006, but back then he was a certainty and today he is a gamble. A massive one at that.

That’s why this move stinks of a Berlusconi PR exercise. He’s primarily bought Ronaldinho for himself and for the fans, not for the Coach. After all, it is no coincidence that the deal with Barca was completed less than 24 hours before Milan meet up for pre-season training. Expect Berlusconi to fly into Milanello later today to take the plaudits for a transfer which the club insist is a coup, but one which in the long run may turn out to be a costly error.

C4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.