Hungary
Spain

Group B:
England
Greece
Italy
Czech Republic

LaPalma
Hope it's OK to start a new topic on v2 mike....

Anyway. The tournament should be really interesting.

Recent results:

Group A
Bulgaria - Hungary 0-1
Germany - Spain 2-1

Group B
Czech Republic - England 2-0
Greece - Italy 1-1
kurtsimonw
Hadn't realised this started. Can't believe we lost. ohmy.gif
vahid
Paloschi scored the goal of Italy king.gif
Tennie
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif YAY Paloschi!

Eurosport is apparently showing SOME of the games. UEFA is doing the text play by play thing.
Ry4n
Hi guys im been waiting to see Italy play in this championship since it started....as im on holiday in Dubai ive been trying to watch Italy on Al Jazeera but theve only been showing two games at a time missing out on two italy matches but at last they are showing Italy - Czech Republic on the 20th so here are the listings

http://liveonsat.com/daily.php?start_dd=20...p;end_yyyy=2008

Hope you guys can watch it can't wait to see Paloschi!
kurtsimonw
England vs Italy finished 0-0.

The final games in the group see Italy against the hosts Czech Republic while England play Greece. I'm still annoyed that Villla youth player Cairan Clark was meant to be captaining the England side, but got injured! dry.gif
Tennie
Gosh. I'm surprised. ESPN Deportes is carrying the Italy-Czech game live. All four of the little rossoneri are on the pitch. Am curious to see how the defenders do - Paloschi I've seen but the kids only in bits and pieces. Nice clearance just now by Darmian. 96.gif
kurtsimonw
It's kicked-off, I thought todays games started at 20:00 CET?
Ry4n
its 21 mins in and AL Jazeera sport +2 is down engineers working on it dry.gif it had to be today didnt it at exactly the start of the match !!
Tennie
Yep. It's now in the 22nd minute. Italy just scored. yay.gif Lovely Paloschi cross for Poli. Unfortunately, a defensive error led to a Czech equalizer a minute later. the guy rounded Bruscagin and got off a lovely shot.
Ry4n
Italy scores Poli !!
Ry4n
and then 1-1
Tennie
The Czechs are outplaying the Azzurrini. They're lucky to be drawn at this point. Fiorillo is a good young keeper -- he's Samp's primavera keeper and if they're smart, they won't let him go. There've been quite a few good shots on goal from the Czechs, who are currently bossing the midfield.
Tennie
(FYI, Albertazzi looks a little like the Laudrup brothers. Not that used to blonde Italians).
kurtsimonw
As things stand, I think Italy are going through on the goals scored rule, a goal for either Greece or England would put Italy out though (I think!).
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 20 2008, 05:50 PM) *
As things stand, I think Italy are going through on the goals scored rule, a goal for either Greece or England would put Italy out though (I think!).

Hey man do you know if Victor Moses is playing for the uner 19s
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 20 2008, 05:59 PM) *
Hey man do you know if Victor Moses is playing for the uner 19s

He is, yeah.

England 1-0 Greece. Man City's Ben Mee with the goal early in the 2nd half.
Tennie
^^ Yes, Rhy, he is. At least according to the uefa.com play by play. England have just scored. Goal by Benjamin Mee.
Tennie
Goal Bonaventura! Lovely strike from the top of the D. yay.gif

EDIT: Hah. And again the Czechs equalize within a minute. Defense was caught napping.
kurtsimonw
England 2-0. West Hams Freddy Sears with a penalty.
Tennie
Until just now. Goal PALOSCHI. (also a penalty) 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif Italy 3 - Czech Republic 2.
Tennie
Oops. Mazzarani sent off. Straight red for a nasty tackle. Italy on ten men for the last 15 minutes.
kurtsimonw
Until just now. Goal PALOSCHI. (also a penalty) Italy 3 - Czech Republic 2.

Damn. dry.gif
Ry4n
Com on Italy hold on !!!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 20 2008, 06:35 PM) *
Com on Italy hold on !!!

What is it with people on here supporting Italy over their own country!? ohmy.gif

Oohh, a sending off, should be an interesting last 15!
Tennie
Indeed. But...goal Poli. Italy 4 - Czech Republic 2. fiesta.gif

EDIT: The Czechs pulled one back in the 86th. swear1.gif 4-3
kurtsimonw
Damn Italy conceeding another looks to have put us out, b******s. dry.gif
CrazyMilanFan
italy win rite?
Tennie
FT Italy 4 - 3 Czech Republic.

Italy go through as group leaders and the Czechs go through in second place.

Sorry, Kurt. sad.gif
kurtsimonw
To be honest, we deserve it. We were very bad in the first 2 games.
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 20 2008, 05:36 PM) *
What is it with people on here supporting Italy over their own country!? ohmy.gif

Oohh, a sending off, should be an interesting last 15!

cool.gif sometimes you in sometimes you lose.....it was the difference of one goal and i do support england mate but i was our fault and ours alone we are out not italy's.....next year m8.......have they changed the youth system in england yet
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jul 20 2008, 06:56 PM) *
cool.gif sometimes you in sometimes you lose.....it was the difference of one goal and i do support england mate but i was our fault and ours alone we are out not italy's.....next year m8.......have they changed the youth system in england yet

I'm not sure if they've changed anything, they're planning to, but if that'll ever happen I don't know. We were missing our captain for the tournement which is a shame, I don't think we'd have won it, but would have stood a better chance of qualifying from the group for sure.
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 20 2008, 06:01 PM) *
I'm not sure if they've changed anything, they're planning to, but if that'll ever happen I don't know. We were missing our captain for the tournement which is a shame, I don't think we'd have won it, but would have stood a better chance of qualifying from the group for sure.

i wish they would change the youth system as it does need a radical make over...and i dont mean the clubs are at fault but the F.A if you look at Holland , France , Italy and Spain they have all the facilities availibe and with the wealth our country has.......we should stop using old muddy pitches and use indoor and maybe folow what Brazil or Argentina has done for once.
LaPalma
Wow...Germany won the third game in a row now. Seems as if Horst Hrubesch (the legendary "Kopfballungeheuer" who scored two goals in the Euro 1980 final against Belgium king.gif ) does a great job as U19-coach. Amazing tournament so far considering some Germanies brightest talents like Bayern Toni Kroos and Stuttgarts Manuel Fischer aren't even playing for the U21.
Tennie
The semis are today. Italy-Hungary is at 17.30 Milan time (16.30 UK time, 11:30 NY time). Czech Republic-Germany is at 20.15 Milan time (19.15 UK time, 14.15 NY time). Looks like Eurosport is carrying both games for those who get it. ESPN Deportes is also carrying both games.
Tennie
3 of the little rossoneri are starting today's game: Paloshci, Darmian, and Albertazzi. (game starts in 10 mins)
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 23 2008, 06:48 PM) *
3 of the little rossoneri are starting today's game: Paloshci, Darmian, and Albertazzi. (game starts in 10 mins)

I hope for a Paloschi winner. cool.gif
Tennie
Not able to watch this one live (am at work) but the organization of the squad seems a little strange from the way the lineup's being listed.

And it sounds like Hungary is bossing the game. Several shots on goal for them (none for Italy) and Albertazzi just picked up a yellow.
Tennie
Yikes. Now Darmian's been carded. Still scoreless but 2 yellows to defenders in the first 30 minutes is not good.
Tennie
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif Goal Forestieri in the 65th. Italy 1 - 0 Hungary.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 23 2008, 12:59 PM) *
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif Goal Forestieri in the 65th. Italy 1 - 0 Hungary.

Forza Azzuri! smile.gif
CrazyMilanFan
italy keeper is really gud
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 23 2008, 01:10 PM) *
italy keeper is really gud

ur seeing the game>?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 23 2008, 06:14 PM) *
ur seeing the game>?

yea paloschi came off
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 23 2008, 01:15 PM) *
yea paloschi came off

aw shux... sad.gif
btw ur sig is missing opened quotation marks * " * wink.gif
CrazyMilanFan
italy scored another off side goal a while ago after that hungary nealy equalized another gud save from the keeper now italy win 1-0
dst
Darmian looked impressive! He still needs much sharpening for the big stage of course...
Tennie
The keeper is Samp's primavera keeper -- the Samp Primavera won the primavera scudetto this year. He really is rather good.

FT Italy 1 - 0 Hungary.

Italy will face either Germany (La Palma, what can you tell us about them?) or the Czech Republic in the final.
Tennie
Goal Germany (Risse in the 16th, bad goalkeeper error) and equalizer by the Czechs in the 22nd (Necid, the guy who gave Italy so many problems).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.