Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEW FACES, FRIENDS' FACES
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Tennie

(LONG article on acmilan.com's italian page about the above-pictured new Milan players. link to original article. Will try to translate when I get home)
acid911
Can't wait, Ten. devil.gif
TriniKing_CE
Link:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...TF8&sl=it&tl=en

Google Translation of the article
(fairly understandable with minor errors here & there)
Tennie
Here's my go:

MILAN - To date, five players represent the novelty of Milan 2008-2009. Some champions are new to discover Milanello, Mathieu Flamini and Gianluca Zambrotta, and there's a welcome return to Christian Abbiati, Marco Borriello and Luca Antonini, adding to the hard core of a team which stresses the values of loyalty and a sense of belonging. Young talent, full of quality and men of experience: this is the shape of Milan. Here are highlights of the new rossoneri faces:

MATHIEU FLAMINI
The former number 16 of Arsenal, an eclectic and combative player, arrives to reinforce the midfield and give breadth to the (?) overused Gattuso, Ambrosini and Pirlo. Already having played for the French U21s, Mathieu had his senior NT debut on November 16, 2007, in the friendly versus Morocco. He took part in team training with Domenech's team just prior to the Euros, as part of the precaution due to Vieira's injury. Coming from Olympique Marseilles, Flamini had his debut with the senior team in Ligue 1 on december 23, 2003, in a match versus Toulouse. Some months after was his big jump in quality with the transfer to Arsenal, to Arsene Wenger's team, where he debuted in the Premier League on August 15, 2004, in Everton-Arsenal 1-4. Among the experiences of the neo-rossonero are the 2006 CL final in France at the Stade St. Denis: Barcelona-Arsenal 2-1.

GIANLUCA ZAMBROTTA
He's maintainedhigh levels for years, a terzino who pushes forward and who can play on the left and on the right; he's a world champion with Italy and in his career he's practically won everything. For Carlo Ancelotti, he's a new important resource and for Milan a new Italian face who will reinvigorate the 'Azzurri spirit' of the Rossoneri.

Coming through the Como youth system, Zambro debuted in Serie A on August 31, 1997, after his transfer to Bari, against Parma. He stayed in Puglia two years, during which he had 59 appearances and scored 6 goals. After, in 1999, he moved to Juventus, with whom he played 7 seasons: in Lippi's Bianconero team he was played as a left back and the gamble payed off, so much so that Zambrotta quickly became known as one of the best left backs in the world. In the summer of 2006, he left Italy for Frank Rijkaard's Barcelona. The blaugrana coach mostly used him as a right back. In total with the spanish, eh played 58 games and scored 3 goals. His debut in the national team was on February 10, 1999, in Italy-Norway (0-0 result). Zambrotta took part in the 2002 and 2006 world cups and in Euro 2000, 2004, and 2008. In 2006, he was crowned a world champion in germany. He also scored a goal in the Italy-Ukraine quarterfinal and provided an assist to Toni for the 3-0. Also memorable was the shot of his that hit the crossbar in extra time against Germany.

MARCO BORRIELLO
On the heels of 19 goals scored with Genoa and a call up to the Azzurri for the Europeans, Marco Borriello returns to Milan, with the general conviction that this could be the right time. Coming from the Milan youth team, Borriello left Milanello in 1999 on loan to Treviso, for a first professional football experience, interrupted by a detour to Triestina. In 2003-2003, the Neapolitan striker returned to Milan, with whom he scored his first official goal in a Coppa Italia game and with whom he had his debut in the Champions League (October 29, 2002, in Lens-Milan 2-1). For the 2004-2005 season, he went on loan again, this tiem to Reggina, where he had a good season. From Reggina to Sampdoria and, after a few months in blucerciato, he returned to Treviso. the team was relegated but Marco did well and returned to Ancelotti's team. He had an optimal start to the 2006-2007 season. After Genoa, the final team and total consecration. Borriello's season in rossoblu continued important rhythms, such that he was almost always among the best on the pitch. His goals and his excellent performances earned his first call up to the national team and title of third best scorer in serie A, after having been in the lead for most of the season, with 19 goals behind the juventini Del Piero (21) and Trezequet (20).

CHRISTIAN ABBIATI
Don't be fooled, after 7 years with Milan on his shoulders, Cristian Abbiati is a true rossonero. Debuted in Serie A on January 17, 2999 (Milan-Oerugia 2-1) in the 92nd minute, for Sebastiano Rossi, who had been red-carded. Since then he became the number one, cotributing, with a decisive save on the last match day - also against Perugia - to the 1998-99 scudetto. The arrival of a great Dida in 2002 caused Abbiati to lose his spot, but the keeper born in Abbiategrasso, continued to have an important role, above all in the Champions League where he contributed a great performance when called in the semi versus Inter. On August 17, 2005, Abbiati went on loan to Juve to substitute Buffon, who was injured after a collission with Kaka in the Trofeo Berlusconi. His presence in the Juve goal was fundamental for their 2005-2006 victory of the league, afterward given to Inter as a result of Calciopoli. On July 18, 2006, Christian changed course and moved to Torino, starting in a squad that avoided relegation. Again on loan, this time to Atletico madrid, where he started as backup to leo Franco, later becoming first choice partway through the season. Atletico took 4th place and qualified for the Champions League 2008-2009. With Milan and far from Milan, the performances and quality of Abbiati remain indisputable. Ready to meet back up with Villiam Vecchi, Christian will reinforce the keeper department, along with Dida and Kalac.

LUCA ANTONINI
He's young and can play many roles: he has legs, running, shooting, playing on the wings both in midfield and in defense. He's a product of the Milan youth teams. Discovered and nurtured by Mauro Tassotti, Luca returns to the side of his 'coach', who is now Carlo Ancelotti's assistant. He's linked to the last Torneo di Viareggio won by the Milan Primavera, in February 2001: the final was a 3-1 Milan win against the Brazilians of Vitoria at the Stadio dei Pini. Since the summer of 2001, started his experiences in central Italy. From Prato to Ancona to Sampdoria to half a season (2004-2005) between Modena and Pescara. Then, at 23, his career changed. The championship of Serie B with Arezzo showed his practice. In 39 games and 3 goals in the amaranto jersey followed by 32 games the following season, this time in Serie A, 2006-2007, with Siena. The next step was Tuscan, with Empoli, where he definitively exploded.
acid911
One of the very best translation I've ever had the pleasure of reading. cool.gif Thanks, heaps.
Tennie
Awww. Thanks, Acid! 96.gif

There are probably loads of errors; my excuse is that I did the translation while scarfing down dinner.

In any event, the fact that Antonini and Borriello are highlighted indicates to me at least that Milan have every intention of keeping both of them.

I fear the corollary to this means that Abate may be loaned. sad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 12 2008, 04:42 AM)
One of the very best translation I've ever had the pleasure of reading. cool.gif Thanks, heaps.

Indeed .. Good job Tennie king.gif
kurtsimonw
Thanks Tennie, great work.

In regards to this Abate, is he really that good? I've never seen him play before, but you seem disappointed everytime his name comes in a move away from Milan.
armiss
Galliani praised Abate in a feast i think and in official site they bring his name many times
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie)
CHRISTIAN ABBIATI
Don't be fooled, after 7 years with Milan on his shoulders, Cristian Abbiati is a true rossonero.

Can I laugh at that one now, or later?

I love how the management are considering Abbiati and Borriello "new" acquisitions.
Habitant
^^were selling our souls and for what? some mercenary thats at best mediocre.
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jul 12 2008, 08:36 PM)
Can I laugh at that one now, or later?

I love how the management are considering Abbiati and Borriello "new" acquisitions.

Later, please. smile.gif I'll laugh with you. Isn't this the same Abbiati dude who was spitting bad words against Milan a couple of seasons back? For the sole fact that we were loaning him out to different teams. Oh, how conveniently do we forget!
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 12 2008, 07:54 AM)
Awww. Thanks, Acid!
There are probably loads of errors; my excuse is that I did the translation while scarfing down dinner.

You're welcome. smile.gif One thing I thought that's worth mentioning here is the fact that how much better a good translation reads. It's a completely different experience than one that is done automatically. I read everything word by word in the link Trini posted, and later in the day I read yours, the difference was immense. While translation with bots is a good short-term fix (and more often than not works well), it never conveys the subject as it was meant to be conveyed.

The important thing here, is good translation. There is difference yet, in a mediocre translation and then in the near perfect one Tennie posted above. It's an experience to behold, even though it's just playing with words. If care is not taken, words can easily get lost in the process. As such guys/gals like Tennie, R7, Porty (and others that I've forgot to mention) deserve special praise for taking time out to convert news and text from Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Arabic, etc. king.gif Keeps the members in touch with news and rumors, and the form active. Trust me, when I say this, most members here would be very lost if not for these guys. I know I'd be.

Okay, end of the line. Time for my noon nap. Been working too long! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.