Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan are '£3m from Adebayor'
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Ry4n
Milan are '£3m from Adebayor' Wednesday 25 June, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports suggest that just £3m now separates Arsenal marksman Emmanuel Adebayor from a move to Milan.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani’s painstaking search for a new striker to add to Alexandre Pato has narrowed to just one name – Adebayor.

And despite Arsenal’s initial reluctance to sell the Togolese star, it seems that the player’s determination to join the Diavolo will prove decisive.

Reports suggest that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has resigned himself to losing Adebayor and that the London club are close to agreeing a fee with Milan.

According to Mediaset, Arsenal are demanding £31m for the immediate completion of the deal, while Milan’s current offer is around £28m – a difference that can easily be resolved.

Barcelona had been favourites to lure Adebayor after reportedly tabling a £25m bid, but Adebayor is determined to play in Serie A rather than La Liga.

Channel 4 News
beijing
£31m=£21m(Adebayor)+£10m(Flamini)

Wenger want retaliate Milan with Flamini.....
han2503
Not good... I can't believe we're about to spend a ridiculous sum on a below average player... Typical of our management these days rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
*looks around for that chequebook R7 left lying around*

Adebayor.... rolleyes.gif I do not believe this, I do not believe this!!! I'm shutting all thoughts to this.
dst
We can't be offering £28m for Adebayor, I don't believe this!
Jack Sparrow
^^

Yeah..it's the money part of it, I find repulsive. 30 million??? I mean are we saying Adebayor is twice as good as Pato??
morgoth
It's simply unbelievable ohmy.gif
Ry4n
lol
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 25 2008, 01:46 PM)
^^

Yeah..it's the money part of it, I find repulsive. 30 million??? I mean are we saying Adebayor is twice as good as Pato??

Not just that, but the fact that we are willing to spend that ammount on such a player, and then they don't want to spend half that on Dinho and expect him to come for free. At least with Ronaldinho we all know he's World Class and could regain that form if he put his head into it and made effort. Or not even spend a bit more to get Eto'o when he is twice the striker Adebayor is.

And Galliani is saying that we are looking for an in0box striker not a supporting forward when I can clearly remember him saying when the season ended that we are looking for another supporting forward.

The position can't just be expected to filled by just Pato, he's just a kid Galliani!!!

Galliani talks and talks about lack of funds, but so far I have only seen him waste the money he got from the Oli and Gila deal on players that were ours just one season ago. And now he's about to spend a ridicous ammount on Adebayor rolleyes.gif

I am seriously considering his ability of conjuring up rational thought rolleyes.gif
Ry4n
Funny thing is looks like we are going to sign him and its what month ??? JUNE !!!!!!!!!!!! Quick.................think fast !

tongue.gif
nuh
i am happy that we might buy him....but we are giving arsenal way too much money for him
hatebreeder.nick
Adebayor?? Y nt me?? tongue.gif This is crazy stuff!! I mean he's fine but, £31m?? devilsmiley.gif then y did we give Gila??..
Jack Sparrow
I hope and pray Adebayor makes me eat dirt....that is one pie I would love to take in the face.

And besides like vnata says...he can dance...too bad we sold Gila. He could play the violin.

What a duo, that would be.
dst
Vieira: £14m. Henry: £18m. Adebayor: £31m? What a joke! This is utterly ridiculous!
If this comes through and anyone mentions Galliani's superb negotiating skills again he/she is a joke him/herself!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 26 2008, 09:24 AM)
If this comes through and anyone mentions Galliani's superb negotiating skills again he/she is a joke him/herself!

When was the last time we bought a player for a lower price than expected. Ronaldo comes to mind, but that's partly because Real didn't want him, and he's damaged goods!
pacang
wow.. his pricetag is nearly as same as one of our best striker in the history of the club.. tell me this is a joke..

and perhaps Arsenal wants to sell him to make way (and money) for Arshavin.. damn they're good..
pacang
owh.. can we sign their other striker? i think van persie's much better..
dst
QUOTE (pacang @ Jun 26 2008, 04:26 PM)
owh.. can we sign their other striker? i think van persie's much better..

You think van Persie is better? There's no doubt van Persie is better! He is more talented than the rest of the Arsenal squad minus Fabregas put together!

If he was not so injury-prone I would be screaming out his name all the time. I hope his career is not ruined by injuries, it'd be a shame! sleep.gif
Jako19
Hey fellas I have been following Milan for about five years now, and reading this website for about three. I really never felt compelled to join to post something untill this whole Adebayor saga.
But anyway, I live in Ohio, USA so the only two leagues I really ever get to watch is the Serie A and the EPL. So I get to see alot of Milan, and watch Arsenal when ever i want to watch UGH football. As my first post I am going to foolishly contradict most of the people on the website. Sorry!
I agree with all of you that putting down £28 very high, and the fact that his touch infront of goal is a little weak, but remember is only 24 and he can work on that with the help of the greatest box striker super Pippo. The thing that he does very well is control the ball with his big frame and bring attacking mids and supporting forwards in to the attack. This would be perfect for Milan, because the likes of Pato, Seedorf and Kaka' could all work off of him. Not to mention Adebayor would also be a great target in the box for Oddo, Janko, Zambro, and Pirlo.
FORZA MILAN!
dst
Welcome Jako! smile.gif

Adebayor is not a bad player. But I would not give more than E15m for him. And Milan deserve someone better anyway...
Tennie
Welcome to Jako! 96.gif

The fish doll offers you a cookie.
Jako19
Yeah the price tag for him is ludacris, I mean they gave up Henry for what, E18m. As for some one better, it seems to me that Milan are looking for a target/box striker. We all know Toni is out of the question, M. Gomez made me sick watching him in the euros, Drogba will cost just as much only 6yrs old (suprized Galliani is goin for him), Eto'o has a bad attitude. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar could be a good buy but I have only see him play once, so I am not real sure. Other than that who else could we get that is Milan quality.
morgoth
Welcome to Milna fan Jako smile.gif

This Adebayor story is ridiculous, but there's something you must take in consideration dst, Vieira and Henry did a lot for Arsenal and earned the respect of the coach and the fans, they were the leader and left because they felt they already achieved amazing things for Arsenal and wanted to win the CL, but Adebayor is another story, he's young and didn't win anything yet in Arsenal shirt, plus Wenger wants to rebuilt a hole new team that will play th emajor roles not now but in 2/3 years, and if he loses all his players like that he'll never achieve it, that's why he was upset about Flamini and don't want to lose Adebayor, he wants continuity hence the ridiculous price tag for Adebayor ...
dst
Yeah I agree with that. I never said Wenger is crazy to put that price on Adebayor, I said we would be crazy if we met it...
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 26 2008, 12:11 PM)
Yeah I agree with that. I never said Wenger is crazy to put that price on Adebayor, I said we would be crazy if we met it...

+1
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 26 2008, 09:11 PM)

+2
Habitant
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 26 2008, 04:11 PM)

+3
Rossoneri7
Welcome Jako king.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 27 2008, 02:06 AM)
Welcome Jako

Ditto. Welcome, buddy. smile.gif
I_Rossoneri
Latest Adebayor update:

Milan:"Arsenal want Adebayor talks"

Arsenal sent a letter confirming they are ready to negotiate for Emmanuel Adebayor, announced Milan chief Adriano Galliani.

“Today Arsenal sent us a letter in which they declare themselves ready to negotiate with us for Adebayor,” said the general manager on television station Antenna 3.

“He has said he only wants to play for us. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

“Now there is only one very difficult obstacle separating us - the asking price, which will be very high.”

It is quite a turnaround, as the Gunners had always assured they had no intention of parting company with the Togolese striker.

Recent reports had him if anything closer to Barcelona, but the Rossoneri's statements suggest that was never an option in the players' mind.

This does not mean that Milan are set to unveil Adebayor any time soon, though, as they have already baulked at the £32m asking price.

It is believed they could be tempted into making the signature for around £25m, but are unlikely to go above that figure.

Adebayor's timing is excellent, as Milan are further away from bidding for Ronaldinho.

When asked if he would sign the Ronaldinho seen in a recent friendly performance in Brazil, Galliani wondered if he could get away with “no comment.”

There was more bad news for the unfit Brazilian tonight, as Barcelona announced on their official website that they would not allow Ronaldinho to compete in the Beijing Olympics.

“Ronaldinho must attend pre-season training next Monday with Barcelona for the 2008-09 season. The Olympics are not part of the FIFA calendar, so clubs are not obligated to release their players.”

Milan have taken a similar tack with Kaka, although they have released Alexandre Pato.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul8u.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure whether to laugh or cry, at £25m we would be getting fleeced as IMO he's not good enough. Still I suppose it's a step in the right direction, and no R10 is a bonus smile.gif
han2503
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't believe we're about to spend that ammount of money on this guy
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 8 2008, 08:45 PM)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   

I can't believe we're about to spend that ammount of money on this guy

Totally agree. IMO he's worth about £15m and no more, for £25m we could get Berbatov or Drogba. Still, Leonardo has spotted something in him and leonardo doesn't usually disappoint wink.gif
jbryant1
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 8 2008, 12:52 PM)
Totally agree. IMO he's worth about £15m and no more, for £25m we could get Berbatov or Drogba. Still, Leonardo has spotted something in him and leonardo doesn't usually disappoint wink.gif

What are you guys Milan's investment partners. Personally I can care less about how profitable they are. I just want to see improvements on the pitch.

Drogba= a couple years from his prime and a larger price tag than Ade. We are dealing with Chelsea who will spend as much money as they want
Would he work- Yes. But he has never indicated he wants to come to Milan and Chelsea do not want to sell him unless Milan want to break the b

Ade- He is younger and has the potential to be a Drogba, from last season we can see that he has developed into a special forward
-The attributes that we need YOUTH, POWER, and SKILL

If we are going to break the bank I say focus on a player who has 5-6 years of top level play in him. Drogba and Ronaldinho may have had their best years behind them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.