Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro 2008 & Market & Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2
armiss
I dont know if management pay special attention to Euro but as you know there is always hidden faces in these competitions !

We can bring here those good names that we will see in EURO 2008 ! smile.gif

there is names here that we may see 2 or 3 years later in Milan !
dst
I don't trust these competitions. Most players you see perform well, won't put on the same displays for their club.
armiss
Yes , like Grosso in WCup but also there is a lot that will show their true values here !
morgoth
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 7 2008, 07:46 PM)
I don't trust these competitions. Most players you see perform well, won't put on the same displays for their club.

100% agreed with you, it's not advised to buy players according to their display in these kind of competitions ...
armiss
100 % ??
armiss
Moutinho was great in Portugal - Turkey's first half

I am really impressed , he is really playing for the team and is also very technical
and with great ability in pass !
dst
We already know who the great players are. If someone does well and you have not seen him play with his club I don't think it's wise to rush into buying him. I'm not saying he can't be good but these competitions are not safe indicators in my view.
morgoth
QUOTE (armisse @ Jun 7 2008, 07:54 PM)
100 % ??

huh.gif ???
armiss
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 8 2008, 12:11 AM)
We already know who the great players are. If someone does well and you have not seen him play with his club I don't think it's wise to rush into buying him. I'm not saying he can't be good but these competitions are not safe indicators in my view.

Those who are know such potentials in players can find and follow !

With your look we must go to sleep ! biggrin.gif
Tennie
I follow football reasonably closely. What I like about tournaments like this is being able to watch good players who play club ball in countries whose games I don't often get to see. I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Moutinho, Akinfeev, Huntelaar, Modric, etc. And sometimes there ARE surprise breakouts at tournaments.
armiss
GOOD tennie , it was also what i wanted to say ! smile.gif
kurtsimonw
The most games a player can play at the Euro's is 6, any coach who buys players on the basis of 6 decent performances is stupid..
armiss
What a wonderful Moutinho !!!!!!!
armiss
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 8 2008, 01:15 AM)
The most games a player can play at the Euro's is 6, any coach who buys players on the basis of 6 decent performances is stupid..

WHo will buy players only on their ability in this kind of competitions ??? laugh.gif
Tennie
Moutinho. Hm. Perhaps he IS worthy of the #10 jersey for Portugal. I like watching him; he's a little guy but he's got a LOT of talent.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 7 2008, 08:57 PM)
Moutinho. Hm. Perhaps he IS worthy of the #10 jersey for Portugal. I like watching him; he's a little guy but he's got a LOT of talent.

Certainly looks like one for the future. Great little turn on the assist for the second goal!
Rossoneri7
Good topic ... There are many scouts in the stands at this tournament .. And there is bound to be some movement for certain players by the end of the tournament. smile.gif
Locke Lamora
Moutinho was brilliant, but I was also very impressed by Valon Behrami, appearantly his buyout clause is 12€m
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 7 2008, 11:24 PM)
I follow football reasonably closely. What I like about tournaments like this is being able to watch good players who play club ball in countries whose games I don't often get to see. I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Moutinho, Akinfeev, Huntelaar, Modric, etc. And sometimes there ARE surprise breakouts at tournaments.

[I thought Americans call football soccer biggrin.gif]

Wise clubs pay close attention to promising players in these tournaments. I don't whether Galliani and co are doing this or not.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jun 8 2008, 10:01 AM)
[I thought Americans call football soccer biggrin.gif]

Wise clubs pay close attention to promising players in these tournaments. I don't whether Galliani and co are doing this or not.

I disagree. The wise clubs buy promising players BEFORE a tournement, a decent Euro 2008 and you can end up paying a ridiculous price for a player.
Tennie
[Most Americans do call it soccer, zd. But I went to high school in Denmark and, well, am a little strange.]

Okay, I was impressed with Dario Srna when I saw Shakhtar's CL group stage games. I'm impressed with him today. Surely he wouldn't be unreasonably expensive?
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 8 2008, 07:32 PM)
Okay, I was impressed with Dario Srna when I saw Shakhtar's CL group stage games. I'm impressed with him today. Surely he wouldn't be unreasonably expensive?

He is now a Man. City player... and they don't seem to be in need of money...
Tennie
blink.gif Er. When did City buy him?
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 8 2008, 07:41 PM)
blink.gif Er. When did City buy him?

It was announced on April 26 and the total fee will be £16.5 million.
Tennie
Got a link for that, dst? I never saw it. Bah on City for pouncing.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 8 2008, 07:47 PM)
Got a link for that, dst? I never saw it. Bah on City for pouncing.

Here.

I think he has not been given a work permit yet so you can still hope. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 8 2008, 05:00 PM)
Here.

I think he has not been given a work permit yet so you can still hope. biggrin.gif

That's a link for Modric going to Spurs.

I'd be amazed if Srna has signed for City, it wouldn't make sense afterall. They already have Corluka, Elano, Vassell, Fernandes and Richards who played down their right hand side last year, it's about the least of their needs. blink.gif
dst
OOPS! Yeah... Spurs! biggrin.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 8 2008, 06:18 PM)
Yeah... Spurs! biggrin.gif

puke.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jun 8 2008, 08:52 PM)
puke.gif

ahahah .. The Vice-president of my company is a Londoner, when I told him Arsenal or Chelsea, he said Spurs biggrin.gif ... I got him a shirt tongue.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 8 2008, 02:05 PM)
ahahah .. The Vice-president of my company is a Londoner, when I told him Arsenal or Chelsea, he said Spurs biggrin.gif ... I got him a shirt tongue.gif

excellent.
Bluesummers
Bayern Munchen forward Lucas Podolski seems to be one of the most serious candidates to replace Adrian Mutu at Fiorentina; the tuscan club could obtain the Germany national on loan with a 12 million Euros buyout clause.

omg! only 12 mil why dont we hiijack this deal. comon galliani 12 mil is a bargain for him!!
kurtsimonw
If you're buying him on his Euro 2008 performance, yes.. did you see him for Bayern at all? He seemed quite terrible to me.
Tennie
^^ What Kurt said. Podolski could hardly get a game at Bayern and I don't think it was because he alienated Ottmar Hitzfeld. He's very good indeed when he plays for the NT, but he hasn't been able to repeat that sort of form for club teams since the World Cup.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 8 2008, 07:44 PM)
If you're buying him on his Euro 2008 performance, yes.. did you see him for Bayern at all? He seemed quite terrible to me.

hitzefeld is to blame imo.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 8 2008, 07:49 PM)
^^ What Kurt said. Podolski could hardly get a game at Bayern and I don't think it was because he alienated Ottmar Hitzfeld. He's very good indeed when he plays for the NT, but he hasn't been able to repeat that sort of form for club teams since the World Cup.

doesnt it remind u of gila blush.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 9 2008, 02:49 AM)

Poldi...well, he doesn't link with Bayern. Like Schwein. Both should be considered IMO.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 9 2008, 07:36 PM)
Poldi...well, he doesn't link with Bayern. Like Schwein. Both should be considered IMO.

Please not Schweinsteiger! I really like Poldi. I'm still convinced that he has the potential to become a world class striker one day but he needs more determination. Just like in the NT. Otherwise his talent would be wasted.

Other than that...yes, Poldi shouldn't be considered atm. He won't leave Bayern anyway. He already had some promising talks with Klinsi.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 9 2008, 02:50 AM)
hitzefeld is to blame imo.

Why so?

Anyway,..another day over...Russia (none) - Greece (none) - Sweden (none)

Only Spain could provide Milan-class players who are avaible; David Villa. But after the hattrick his price will be astronomic high..

Guys, do you think the every-season-millions-euros-policy of clubs like Chelsea, Real, etc. can last long? Or is some change visible in the nearer future?
kurtsimonw
I think they'll be around for a long time. Mainly because these clubs charge highly for tickets and merchandise - and they know that they will sell tonnes of stuff if they are succesful. The only problem I ever see is if a team goes through a period of about 5 years of not winning anything, they will begin to lose the glory hunter fans.
dst
I don't think Real will ever have a problem. If one ever occurs a summer tour to East Asia will fix it.

Chelsea? If Abramovich leaves them they'll have a big problem I believe...
Fillipo Simone
I'm not so sure. Thing change. Sure, Real won't be troubled or demoted, but I think there will be a time when they and other clubs will stop spending so much. When the prices of young players will drop to the normal/natural price.
morgoth
Things will be back to "normal" when capitalism/liberalism system dies!
acid911
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 11 2008, 05:59 PM)

Any ETA on that, Morg? tongue.gif For all I can see capitalism could very well be here even after the universe has come to an end, it will live on. I'm not too big a fan of this system, but even I'm not sure it will change anytime soon. Pity.
morgoth
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 11 2008, 02:46 PM)
Any ETA on that, Morg? tongue.gif For all I can see capitalism could very well be here even after the universe has come to an end, it will live on. I'm not too big a fan of this system, but even I'm not sure it will change anytime soon. Pity.

Yeah your probably right, the wolves that govern us will never give all the advantages they have to save a few hundreds of millions people, but I'm sure the revolution will come naturally and prevail. Have faith smile.gif
dst
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 11 2008, 03:59 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 11 2008, 05:19 PM)
Yeah your probably right, the wolves that govern us will never give all the advantages they have to save a few hundreds of millions people, but I'm sure the revolution will come naturally and prevail. Have faith smile.gif

I like your optimism! biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
Me too.

Down with capitalist democracy. Anarcho-primitivism is the answer. Oh wait...we probably have too many people on this planet for that. Darn.

This world is screwed. According to the Mayans, civilization in this epoch ends Dec 21st 2012. So we won't have to worry much about extending Kaka's contract.
Fillipo Simone
^^ laugh.gif

Hmh, I'm a bit surprised how all of you belive in an infinitive capitalistic-liberalistic system, how you cennect it with football and also mark this system as mostly negative. Cause: I don't belive the million-transfer-days (Galacticos years) are so connected with the system. We had capitalism also in the 60-ties but there were no Galacticos transfers. Also, there are other sports, like basketball, who don't come near to the summs we read for football transfers..

Anyway, the Galacticos years are more of a symthomatic sign of the decadence of our c-l world. I'm not sure wether this is good or bad.

Back to the main topic now:

I'd add Valon Behrami to the list of players we could use. He was very good yesterday. Vonlanthen too.
morgoth
It is related Fillipo! There wasn't any huge transfers before because people didn't earn that much (there was the after WW II then the cold war), so basically people started to earn more and spend without any fear or danger of another war in the mid 80's and that's only 10/15 years before the galacticos era ... Today it's easier to have a credit and spend money, the EPL is built up on that model and would crash without it, and the same goes for most of the big clubs, as far as I know the only country to put a limit on it is France (you can't spend if you've too much debt, the too much being around 20-30M€).

Berhami is fast and is decent technically nothing more in my opinion (just like Barnetta), but you might be interested to know that he wants to leave the SS and he's using one of the fifa's stupid rules to buy out his contract, the SS have taken legal action against him.
Tennie
The fish doll (who still wants a diamond stud in one fin, thanks to Bilic) recommends Dario Srna for Milan. He's good. 96.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.