Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Potential Barca President Promises Pato
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
whoarethepatriots
Prospective Barcelona President Sandro Rosell is reportedly promising to bring Alexandre Pato to the club, if he wins the race to take over at Camp Nou.

Former Nike supremo Rosell is set to challenge for the Barcelona presidency in September, and as is always the case in these Spanish-style contests, challengers make pledges over which players they will sign if they get in power.

Rosell, who aims to rebuild Barca following two trophyless years, has stated that he will sign "a star not fully established, but someone who will excite the Nou Camp", and it is believed that this player is AC Milan wonderkid Alexandre Pato.

Pato is widely regarded as one of the best young talents in world football, and he has had a stunning start to life in Serie A after arriving from Internacional in Brazil, scoring nine goals in just 19 games since debuting for Milan in January this year.

Milan are highly unlikely to ever consider a sale, and indeed there are reports that they have become angered by Rosell’s intentions.

Source

This will strain relations with Barca if this fool gets elected. We will never let Pato go regardless. I would expect this behaviour from the R.Madrid circus but not Barca. Laporta stay in power...
Jack Sparrow
It doesn't say Pato at all. Could be anyone else. I don't think Milan will let Pato go. He's gonna be our next Sheva (for now) and if things go well...our first Pato. king.gif

Milan would probably just talk to adidas and make them offer Pato a much bigger endorsement deal.
Zed.D
"a star not fully established, but someone who will excite the Nou Camp"

If he meant a Milan player, then it's definitely Pato. though he is a kind of player you more expect to see emerge from Barca [rather than Milan], that doesn't mean we may let him go, even if a super-lucrative offer arrived. so hands off the duck, you Spaniard dork!
Warchant
why can't a president just say, "i'll make this team better" instead of straining every relationship imaginable. amazing
Habitant
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 5 2008, 02:07 PM)
why can't a president just say, "i'll make this team better" instead of straining every relationship imaginable. amazing

they have their best interests at heart right? they want certain players and it's always easy to get everyone excited when you specifically name who you want.
dst
laugh.gif It could be anyone damn it, why do reporters have to be so annoyingly imaginative?

Pato is going nowhere anyway.

QUOTE (Warchant @ Jun 5 2008, 05:07 PM)

Good question!

QUOTE (Habitant @ Jun 5 2008, 06:54 PM)
they have their best interests at heart right? they want certain players and it's always easy to get everyone excited when you specifically name who you want.

And a good answer! biggrin.gif
morgoth
Chill out guys, it could be Benzema, Agüero, Pato it could even be Walcott laugh.gif But honestly I don't think Milan will let him go (actually I hope so)!
I_Rossoneri
I can't see why everyone's getting so uptight as galliani and silvio have been saying R10 would be a Milan player for a few years now.

It's all swings and roundabouts smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.