Official news from the club: Gianluca Zambrotta is a Milan player

-My first topic in Milanfan.com tongue.gif
Zed.D
Welcome Gianluca!

Now bring us Ronaldinho! devil.gif
Rossoneri7
Great topic biggrin.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 31 2008, 09:59 PM)
Welcome Gianluca!
Now bring us Ronaldinho! devil.gif

I thought you forgot him dry.gif tongue.gif
Bluesummers
welcome zambro.
Zed.D
QUOTE (morgoth @ Jun 1 2008, 12:40 AM)
I thought you forgot him  dry.gif tongue.gif

Who? R10? well, logic says it'd be better if we didn't sign him... but the thought of seeing him in red&black is simply irresistible. devil.gif
arivanjj
welcome both tongue.gif
Ry4n
Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Darunia
Wonder what number he will take. I think Favalli is staying another year? So maybe he'll go with 11 again.
Ry4n
I know this should go in the Funny section but its soo funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T14IHwpccAA
amancik
He's a milanista now!
Welcome Gianluca devil.gif
Minami
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Jun 1 2008, 01:08 AM)
I know this should go in the Funny section but its soo funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T14IHwpccAA

Welcome Zambrotta !!! devil.gif king.gif

The video is really funny, just by seeing the man breaking the watches biggrin.gif

But what exactly is the clip about?? i don't speak any italian...
aLbErTo
he's number was always 19, only in barca (11) and occasionaly in NT (2,18)...he could get 19 in milan,we'll se what happens with favalli...
arivanjj
goal.com rating for Belgium game biggrin.gif cool.gif

Zambrotta: 8.5 – Absolutely outstanding, particularly when he switched to the right. Created the open goal chance for Borriello, had a shot brilliantly saved by Stijnen, and best of all produced two nutmegs in succession during one of his umpteenth runs on the night.
dst
Welcome! Make us proud!!
mishie
just to remind you dst..Tennie says she has 1st dibs! tongue.gif
Zed.D
GREAT ENTHUSIASM

6/3/2008 1:45:00 PM

“After two years spent abroad, in Spain at Barcelona, returning back to Italy is a big team like Milan is an enormous pleasure for me.” These are the first declarations of Gianluca Zambrotta

MILAN – These are the declarations of the new Rossoneri’s purchase Gianluca Zambrotta during the exclusive interview with ‘Milan Channel’:

Adriano Galliani at Villasimius, during the Rossoneri’s Workshop, declared that Milan strongly wanted Gianluca Zambrotta because he was capable of substitute both Cafu and Serginho, two great losses for the Rossoneri’s squad.
“Managing to substitute both of them together is a bit exaggerated. Cafu and Serginh made the history of a great Milan. Two great players. I have the possibility of playing both on one side and the other, therefore I will give all my commitment and contribution to try and win a lot with this team.”

In many years at the highest level, you have always been a true opponent of Milan. In your sports career, how did you face this team you will be part of?
“There have always been great games, during my days with Juventus they have always been fair and true encounters, and therefore always played until the final minute on the pitch. Now, after two years spent abroad, in Spain at Barcelona, returning back to Italy in a big team like Milan is an enormous pleasure for me. Especially returning to play at great levels with a team like Milan.”

Did you already meet up you and Milan in the past during your career?
“Yes, two years ago before joining Barcelona, but nothing had been agreed. Now we had the possibility to meet up and I can play for Milan.”

How was your experience at Barcelona?
“These have been two positive years, without any regrets, an experience which served me both from the professional and human level. Barcelona is a great team, we were just a bit unlucky, but it can happen.”

Milan is targeting the league, it’s an objective which motivates you?
“Yes, it pleases me to return to play in the Italian league. Milan has not won the Scudetto for a bit now, let’s therefore hope that we can manage again this year.”

Milan has in its squad fifteen Italian players, 5 of which are with the national team at the European Championships. It’s a great club with an Italian soul, this thing pleases you?
“Obviously because nowadays it’s difficult to find many Italian players in a team and I believe that it can be a fundamental aspect both for the national team and a team like Milan.”

What sensation did you have following the first contact with Milan and the directors?
“I received this beautiful news from my agent Beppe Bonetto and then through Doctor Galliani. I repeat, I’m happy to be returning to play in my league and for a great team.”
whoarethepatriots
Im gonna wait till after the Euro's before i decide to love him or hate him

I cant believe we almost signed him 10 years ago. What happened, what made him go to Juve instead?
milanista1899
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 3 2008, 03:07 PM)
I cant believe we almost signed him 10 years ago. What happened, what made him go to Juve instead?

Juve were prepared to offer more and at the time we were trying to sign Serginho so we went for him instead.
KillerMax
QUOTE (milanista1899 @ Jun 3 2008, 08:49 AM)
Juve were prepared to offer more and at the time we were trying to sign Serginho so we went for him instead.

Am I glad that happened. Zambrotta is great, but Serginho was simply something else. Very unique.
dst
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 3 2008, 06:15 PM)
Am I glad that happened. Zambrotta is great, but Serginho was simply something else. Very unique.

Not an LB though.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 3 2008, 03:15 PM)

Am i detecting bias here?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 3 2008, 10:57 AM)
Am i detecting bias here?

serginho was out of this world too. I agree with max.
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 3 2008, 09:22 AM)
Not an LB though.

Back then Zambro wasn't a real LB either. He was an LM\RM.
dst
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 4 2008, 12:23 AM)
Back then Zambro wasn't a real LB either. He was an LM\RM.

Can't say I remember the Gi.Za. of old but he couldn't possibly a worse defender than Serginho. The Brazilian cannot stop a defender with a baseball bat!

There's no left-back with his pace though... sleep.gif
aLbErTo
everyone has it's own best thing...a belive serginho had the greatest cross in milan while playing here, but other then that he wasnt good as lb...if we could combine jankulovski + serginho we would get awesome lb...half of maldini tongue.gif
Tennie
Thanks for reminding them I've got dibs, Mishie! 96.gif

Very happy about this signing, Zambro's age notwithstanding.

The clip on the previous page is from Scherzi A Parte, which is a candid camera type show on Italian tv where pranks are played on famous people. Poor Zambro looked rather frightened by the watch repairman when he started repeating play by play from a Juve game. biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jun 3 2008, 03:15 PM)

Sergio only had one great season playing at LB imo and that was in 06, he was always better in midfield.

Zambrotta might have started out on the wing but defensively he's the bext fullback around, and he's also a great offensive fullback to go along with that, I personally was a big Sergio fan, but in terms of comparing what both players bring to the team I think that Zambro is above Sergio in that regard.

And hopefully Janku will be fit for the whole of next season so that he will be classed as a midfielder rather then a fullback, which is his original position and I think he will be more effective
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 8 2008, 03:58 AM)
Sergio only had one great season playing at LB imo and that was in 06, he was always better in midfield.

Zambrotta might have started out on the wing but defensively he's the bext fullback around, and he's also a great offensive fullback to go along with that, I personally was a big Sergio fan, but in terms of comparing what both players bring to the team I think that Zambro is above Sergio in that regard.

And hopefully Janku will be fit for the whole of next season so that he will be classed as a midfielder rather then a fullback, which is his original position and I think he will be more effective

me too man. I miss jankus deadly bullets and crosses.
Devillito
Welcome Italians!! biggrin.gif
Portman
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/catala/noti...0613102389.html

Today Barcelona confirmed the transfer.

9M/euros +2M if we qualify for the CL in the next 4 years. As I and every milanista expect that... the deal is for 11M/euros.
dst
I think that's a bit too-high... especially since we were supposedly expecting to get both him and Ronaldinho for 30m...
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jun 14 2008, 06:14 PM)
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/catala/noti...0613102389.html

Today Barcelona confirmed the transfer.

9M/euros +2M if we qualify for the CL in the next 4 years. As I and every milanista expect that... the deal is for 11M/euros.

You mean you're a Milanista?????

tongue.gif
Portman
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jun 14 2008, 08:14 PM)
You mean you're a Milanista?????

tongue.gif

OK OK. I tried. wink.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Portikins @ Jun 14 2008, 07:15 PM)
OK OK. I tried.  wink.gif

LOL biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 14 2008, 06:18 PM)
I think that's a bit too-high... especially since we were supposedly expecting to get both him and Ronaldinho for 30m...

Look on the bright side, at least we're spending money! biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 15 2008, 12:10 AM)
Look on the bright side, at least we're spending money!  biggrin.gif

laugh.gif That's true. But more than one year of negotiating and we end up paying more than we should (personal estimation) for a guy that had two average seasons, was not so valued or vital for his team and is already 31...

Anyway... we got him. I'm sure he'll give us two (or maybe 3) very good seasons as a starter!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 14 2008, 09:17 PM)
laugh.gif That's true. But more than one year of negotiating and we end up paying more than we should (personal estimation) for a guy that had two average seasons, was not so valued or vital for his team and is already 31...

Well you just said it right there, we try to haggle and we end up waisting time since we still get the short end of the stick in the long run and end up paying what the club asked of us.

Our management needs to learn that we are not in the 80s anymore rolleyes.gif
agenth
http://www.acmilan.com/LM_Actor.aspx?idSqu...otta%20Gianluca

´Gianluca Zambrotta

* Position:Midfielder

ah... okay huh.gif
F355 EDK
this could well be the jewel in our transfer campaign. a strong fast player who can go up and down either wing. the versatility should really give us a boost
Tennie
Zambrotta gave an interview today on his first day at Milanello (from acmilan.com - their translation)

MILANELLO - Here are the declarations made by Gianluca Zambrotta, who arrived at the Milanello training ground today:

"I'm happy to be here to start this great adventure with the Milan shirt. I return to Italy after having played two years abroad, at Barcelona, and I hope to do well and win as much as possible with the Milan shirt."

Ronaldinho is a team mate you already know...
"Yes, his arrival has brought an incredible wave of enthusiasm both to the fans and the whole environment. This is a good omen to start a great adventure."

Do you think Milan's squad this year is Scudetto-worthy and that the gap with other teams can be compensated?
"Personally I think we all start on the same level. Milan haven't won the Scudetto for a while and so that will be our main objective this year."

Gianluca Zambrotta will play on the left or the right?
"The coach will decide where I will play, but for now it's early to talk about it."
kurtsimonw
I'm not sure where I'd have him play. You could say on the right since Oddo was bad last season.. but then that'd be harsh on Oddo, as Zambrotta wasn't exactly better than him last season. I think it's very nice to have competition in these places. Hopefully would don't go Rafa-crazy and start rotating everyone..
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 25 2008, 11:37 PM) *
I'm not sure where I'd have him play. You could say on the right since Oddo was bad last season.. but then that'd be harsh on Oddo, as Zambrotta wasn't exactly better than him last season. I think it's very nice to have competition in these places. Hopefully would don't go Rafa-crazy and start rotating everyone..

yeah rafa's policy on that should stop lol
Tennie
from: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/sb1.html

The red and black kingdom is in raptures over Ronaldinho. And avuncular Coach Carletto Ancelotti has praised midfield dynamo Mathieu Flamini. But little fanfare has greeted the arrival of another star. Where is the excitement surrounding Gianluca Zambrotta’s signing? Clearly, his Barcelona misadventure has damaged his reputation.

Was World Cup 2006 that long ago? Fabio Cannavaro won the plaudits in Germany. But for my money, the bandy-legged fella from Como was Italy’s star.

Zambro’s performance in the quarter-final against the Ukraine was the best by any full-back in any World Cup game. He executed all three fundamental aspects of football. He stopped a goal, blocking the ball on the line. He made a goal, penetrating the Ukraine penalty box to cross for Luca Toni. And he scored a goal, rasping in the brilliant opener.

He impressed in the semi and Final too. But since that competition, something has happened to the man with a marathon runner’s lungs and lovingly-maintained facial hair.

It’s as if the Zambro that went to Catalonia was a clone. He looked and sounded like Italy’s all-conquering No 19, but the zip went out of his game. The right flank was no longer his private sprinting track. There was industry, but little cutting edge.

Perhaps, like Cannavaro, he couldn’t adjust to La Liga’s attack-orientated style. It can’t have helped that the man in front of him, mercurial wisp Lionel Messi, was spared of defensive duties. Zambro had to reduce his raids.

Zambrotta’s ghastly errors against Manchester United in the Champions League, and Romania at Euro 2008, were out of character. They confirmed his rustiness. But he’s not an old man. If any club can coax more golden seasons out of the 31-year-old, it’s the Rossoneri.

Milan’s defence has trophy-winning potential. Alessandro Nesta suffers fewer niggles since he quit the Azzurri. Fixture management and cod liver oil willing, Paolo Maldini can partner Nesta. Marek Jankulovski isn’t at their level, but he is a decent left-back. Add a re-invigorated Zambrotta at right-back, then put the indefatigable Flamini in front of them.

The Scudetto and UEFA Cup may be San Siro-bound. It’s about time we saw Zambro on a winners’ podium again

Forza Zamborghini! 96.gif
Rossoneri7
Zambrotta is still one of the best. Spanish football is a whole different ball game than Serie A. But Zambrotta, as Capello said, needs no introductions cool.gif
dst
Italians can't do without their mama's cooking... that's why Zambro looked lost. Still, he is the only one that managed to completely stop CR last season... and without any trouble...
han2503
I was disappointed when we missed out on him 2 years, ago, but still I'm very happy with him coming. Imo, he's still one of the best fullbacks around, no matter what the people at Chelsea say about A$hley Cole rolleyes.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 28 2008, 05:11 PM) *
Forza Zamborghini!

king.gif king.gif king.gif
Tennie
Nice interview with/article about Zambrotta on acmilan.com's italian page. (my translation)

The player most used by Carlo Ancelotti in the Milan of 2008-2009, Gianluca Zambrotta, was interviewed exclusively by Milan Channel. Zambro has 12 appearnces (though Kaka and Seedorf have 13), but nobody else has been on the pitch more minutes than him: 900 minutes in the championship (he only skipped the game with Samp, when he was suspended) and 180 in the UEFA Cup.

Gianluca commented as follows: "I think it's a good signal for me. It's also a pleasure: I only arrived this year and the time I've played shows that the coach has faith in me, for which I thank the great support that my teammates have given me." Here's what he said about the Lecce game: "I'd say that we'd drawn a game of the type that we could've lost. We played well and that we can't regret. In other away games we played less well and won the game, like in Bergamo. In Lecce we played a good game."

On his personal condition: "I felt good yesterday, I ran to the end and think I played a good enough game. In general, I'm over the difficulty of the pre-season and now things are going better. My goal? The one against Lazio arrived at a special moment, we were trying to recover and the long distance shot let us finish the game with a good result." In closing, comments on his Brazilian teammates, a Ronaldinho who was his teammate at Barcelona and a Pato who was his opponent at the Club World Cup in Yokohama: "Ronaldinho is in a good period, he's accustomed himself very well to Italian football. Pato? He's a great talent with ample margins for improvement."

Rivaldo
I read this one in morning. Zambrotta is on of the best our players this year. And I think he will be the same at the end of the season. It's big pleasure to see him on the right side instead of Oddo with his ugly passes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.