Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka Didn’t Deserve Golden Ball – Rooney
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
RED&BLACK Milan
Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney looks forward to tonight’s Champions League final, and says that team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo should have won last year’s Ballon d’Or.

The excitement is building ahead of tonight’s game between Man Utd and Chelsea in Moscow, and Rooney says it has been a wonderful year for him from a personal point of view.

"With the victory in the Premier League and my upcoming marriage [on June 14] it has already been a beautiful year,” the 22-year-old told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“But the arrival of the wedding along with the Champions League will be really special. Off the field things have never been so good. I eat the right things, and I do not go out too much anymore in the evenings, as I used to a few years ago.”

Rooney then went on to speak about team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo, and he says that the Portuguese winger should have won the Ballon d’Or last year instead of Milan superstar Kaka.

"I am convinced that last season Cristiano Ronaldo deserved the Ballon d’Or,” said Rooney.

“Kakà only won it because Milan won the Champions League.”

"Ronaldo has incredible talent, and what he has done for United in these last two years is simply tremendous. Of course I want to be as good as him, I train every day for this.”

goal.com
morgoth
Who's next? ... laugh.gif
Ry4n
oh shut up shrek congrats on CL win but dont speak to much your already a *** !
Zed.D
Who cares about what a dork says anyway?
whoarethepatriots
Yawn
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 22 2008, 05:43 PM)
Who cares about what a dork says anyway?

Yea, right. But what an arrogant p****..
Devillito
This lad got issues dry.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 22 2008, 05:04 PM)
Yea, right. But what an arrogant p****..

He would be arrogant if he said he should be winning it, but that's not the case. It's not like it matters anyway, I don't know why everybody keeps coming out and saying this stuff anymore. Kaka' won the last one deservedly so, Ronaldo has won this won, comfortabley, in my opinion. So there is no problem.

There is one bit I agree with though.. “Kakà only won it because Milan won the Champions League.” - He was hardly amazing in Serie A, but people seem to think that winning the CL is the most important thing in fotball, it's not. Playing well over 38 games its much more difficult than playing well over 13. But my personal vote was for Kaka', and he won it!
I_Rossoneri
Any respect I had for Rooney has now disappeared, I appreciate that CR is his team mate but like last night proves CR is a world class choker wink.gif

Messi deserves it more that CR wink.gif
armiss
I expect very high from Rooney but it seems that SAF effects are too much !!!
mishie
the question i have to ask Mr.Rooney is..."where were you last night mate?"

you choked and so did half your team laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
I wish Milan could have been there, played sh!t, and came home European Champions!
hatebreeder.nick
I think he forgot how Kaka ran through united last year.. Rooney was nowhere to be seen yesterday.. maybe he stilll had some issues in his mind as to why CR was not given the Golden Ball
dst
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 22 2008, 08:04 PM)
Yawn

laugh.gif Exactly! I'm not going to bother more with this crap...

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 22 2008, 09:24 PM)
I wish Milan could have been there, played sh!t, and came home European Champions!

I wish Milan did not have a 1b euros debt... oh wait! That's United...
agenth
QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 08:17 PM)
laugh.gif Exactly! I'm not going to bother more with this crap...

?!?! united has 1b debt?!?!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 07:17 PM)

Yeah. Unfortunately they also have the European Cup, League title and CL football next season as well.

I don't care if they have a huge debt or not. Until it affects them and they're in trouble with it, it doesn't matter to me.
dst
Well... I care.
arivanjj
oh shut up you prick...rooney!
Tennie
Interesting to compare what Rooney said with what Rio said to Sky after the win. He apparently said to SKY that he was honored to hold 'the cup that has been in the hands of Italian teams, like the great AC Milan, in recent years'. (this is a translation from Italian-- picked the quote up from an Italian friend who saw it on Sky and translated into Italian.)
dst
Rio really wanted the CL. He probably thinks the CL is the most important trophy like most of us here as he said that a real United player is someone who has won this competition.
pacang
really? 3rd time in what? 100 yrs.. a win through penalty (and Terry's merciful heart) and they brag bout it?
kurtsimonw
3rd time in 40 years.. but whether you win on penalties or not, a win is a win. Yes, it's unlucky for the losing team, but for the winners? Who cares.

Do you think our win vs Juve wasn't any good because it was on penalties? I don't, I love winning on penalties!
pacang
a win is a win indeed.. but when it comes to penalty (vs juve eg..) the bad part is the thrill..

damn it stops my heart 4 a while..
jefri91
I think he forgot what Kaka did to his whole team last year biggrin.gif

Talk is cheap, Kaka proved that last year
pacang
haha.. the evra-heinze collision at trafford is the best part.. it's sad we're never gonna see that again.. unless evra sign for madrid..
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 22 2008, 09:32 PM)
Interesting to compare what Rooney said with what Rio said to Sky after the win. He apparently said to SKY that he was honored to hold 'the cup that has been in the hands of Italian teams, like the great AC Milan, in recent years'. (this is a translation from Italian-- picked the quote up from an Italian friend who saw it on Sky and translated into Italian.)

So there is some honour at Old Trafford. Of all people Rio (unfairly from my perspective) seems the most big headed, i guess not, at least not in public anyway.

Rooney can commit Hari Kiri though
kurtsimonw
Rio Ferdinand does think quite a bit of himsef, he think he has the ability of Kaka' too, the amount of times he tries to take on a whole team running from defense. rolleyes.gif
whoarethepatriots
He also seems to think he is a midfielder. Baresi last year citicised him saying "(Rio) will never be world class because he focuses too much on technical skills and passing rather than defending" (paraphrased)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.