Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Barca deal - Marquez, Zambro, Ronaldinho & Eto'o
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Fillipo Simone
22/05/2008 15:30

Bronzetti In Barcelona For Marquez

Milan transfer consultant Ernesto Bronzetti is in Barcelona to try and discuss the availability of Rafel Marquez according to Il Corriere Dello Sport.

The FIFA agent is in the Catalonian capital with the intention of trying to reach a deal with at least one of a possible three Milan targets.

The Rossoneri have been after Ronaldinho and Gianluca Zambrotta for most of the season but their bid last month failed to impress the Blaugrana.

Now the Via Turati club have turned their attentions to Mexican midfielder Marquez as they try to bolster their midfield.

Reports in Italy claim that Marquez is on his way out of the club and Milan will be able to swoop for the 29-year-old.

The Rossoneri are also interested in Samuel Eto'o but they will need to fight bitter rivals Inter in order to secure the Cameroon international's signature as it is believed Eto'o would like a move to San Siro.

Please no to Marquez..
dst
THANK YOU!

Marquez is so overrated! Nothing special. We need a great CB and he's not! Discuss the availability of Puyol instead!
Habitant
nearly 30 years old and as dst pointed out Overrated.

he's one of those players that peaked late and only for a short period.
Warchant
i would literally be sick to my stomach if we signed Marquez. i can't stand anything about him. as dst pointed out he is overrated and complains...constantly!

i don't know what i would do if we signed him unsure.gif
morgoth
I think Marquez could be a good signing for us and a good back up for Nesta-Kaladze smile.gif
Tennie
No to Marquez. Puyol...okay.wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (morgoth @ May 22 2008, 05:20 PM)
I think Marquez could be a good signing for us and a good back up for Nesta-Kaladze smile.gif

Or Kaladze-Marquez... puke.gif puke.gif -- the legacy of Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini..
kurtsimonw
I like Marquez, he's a good defender. Certinly better than Kaladze at CB. I think some Milanfans are picking up the arrogance from the club! We're a UEFA Cup team, we're in no position to turn down whoever we want and hope for better signings.
Tennie
Disagree there on both counts, Kurt. Marquez is overrated. He's not even as good as Kaladze and while this year Milan may be a UEFA Cup team, they're sure as hell never going to get any better buying the likes of Rafa Marquez.
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ May 22 2008, 04:52 PM)
THANK YOU!

Marquez is so overrated! Nothing special. We need a great CB and he's not! Discuss the availability of Puyol instead!

Puyol would be a dream coming true. Bu he's a Barca legend, youth product etc.
Marquez is nothing special. Not even better than the average Bonera.
whoarethepatriots
As versatile as Zambrotta is i dont want us to pay £6 million for a 31 close to 32 year old. The money would be better spent on Maggio and/or Dossena

Zambrotta has been in terrible form and if he dosent improve in the Euro's i will not welcome him

Not particularly keen on the others either especially Marquez
morgoth
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 22 2008, 06:02 PM)
Or Kaladze-Marquez... puke.gif  puke.gif -- the legacy of Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini..

There's no one in the game today who's up the level of Baresi, Paolo or Nesta. Puyol and Terry and bot very good players but none of them will come to Milan, so we better start to look elsewhere ...
Rossoneri7
Nah, I don't think so ... I think the only players Milan would get from Barca are two (Ronaldinho and Zambrotta) .. any one else, Eto'o, Puyol, etc would just be speculation and a lot of imagination.
Warchant
Marquez is terrible

he would NOT be a good, solid signing for our defense. there are a lot better younger players out there that i would much rather have.

the thought of Marquez in a milan jersey makes me throw up in the back of my throat.
Tennie
(How much of that is because he's the captain of El Tri, Warchant?)

National allegiances aside, I agree that there are younger and better players to be had than Marquez.
Warchant
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 22 2008, 05:47 PM)
(How much of that is because he's the captain of El Tri, Warchant?)

National allegiances aside, I agree that there are younger and better players to be had than Marquez.

i'd say that's about 98% of it...i hate the mexican team...period. they are all too arrogant and complain about EVERYTHING. something we definitely don't need on our team.
Darunia
I would not mind Marquez if he wasn't 29. He's pretty versatile and he's not as error-prone as Kaladze (but hey, who is?). Still he isn't the solution. I prefer a young Serie-A ready defender like Zapata.
Jack Sparrow
Well if he's the Simic replacement...I'm not going to be moaning about Marquez.
Zed.D
IMO he's not that bad. if we sign a world class CB + Marquez, who's to complain?
Tennie
Me. smile.gif There are Italian CBs just as good as Marquez who wouldn't cost us as much.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 23 2008, 01:01 PM)
Me. smile.gif There are Italian CBs just as good as Marquez who wouldn't cost us as much.

Exactly!

And why should we get rid of Simic? Apart from his age there's nothing he lacks compared to Marquez... oh wait, he lacks Carletto's sympathy! rolleyes.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 23 2008, 01:31 PM)

You're right...
Oh by the way, don't you have any dibs on him? tongue.gif
Tennie
Nope, but I have called dibs on Zambrotta (assuming he does show up). 96.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 23 2008, 03:40 PM)
Nope, but I have called dibs on Zambrotta (assuming he does show up). 96.gif

Assume away biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 23 2008, 03:26 AM)
i'd say that's about 98% of it...i hate the mexican team...period. they are all too arrogant and complain about EVERYTHING. something we definitely don't need on our team.

Arrogance and complaining.. isn't the US NT the one with Landon Donovan? tongue.gif
KillerMax
At least Donovan is a decent player... The only thing Marquez should be doing on a football turf is mowing it...
morgoth
There's no WC CB's nowadays, Puyol ad Terry are very good players, but for me they don't come close to the WC definition i.e. Baresi, Paolo and Nesta (at Lazio), plus they won't leave their teams.

Italian defender as good as Marquez with the european and international experience, who are you thinking about? Canavaro? laugh.gif
Tennie
We'll see what sort of deal there ends up being. Galliani has flown to Barcellona and is having dinner tonight with Barca president Joan Laporta.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 23 2008, 08:22 PM)
At least Donovan is a decent player... The only thing Marquez should be doing on a football turf is mowing it...

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's just mean !!
Warchant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 23 2008, 11:59 AM)
Arrogance and complaining.. isn't the US NT the one with Landon Donovan?  tongue.gif

every team has 1 arrogant complainer...mexico has a team of them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.