Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lloris Agrees To Join Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
arivanjj
Milan have been searching for a new number one for next season, as Nelson Dida will be released on a free transfer, while doubts still linger over the quality of Zeljko Kalac.

A host of shot-stoppers have been linked with a move to the Stadio Meazza, including the likes of Sebastien Frey, Artur Boruc, and Heurelho Gomes.

French newspaper L’Equipe says that Milan have agreed personal terms with Nice’s Hugo Lloris over a four-year contract.

The Rossoneri have been scouting the 21-year-old for the last 18 months, and just have to agree transfer fee with the French club. A price of just over €5m has been mooted.

Lloris has won three caps for the French Under-21s, and has also made two appearance for the France B team.

He was born in Nice, and came up through his hometown club’s youth academy, making his senior debut as a teenager in 2005.

goal.com
Ry4n
FORZA MILAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!! I LOVE THS GUY !!!
redbabies
Good Job!

Here's a compilation of him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBGezxHGsEQ
Zed.D
devil.gif Hopefully he's our goalkeeper for the next 15 years! biggrin.gif the potential is there, he just has to endure possible mental pressures of being a Milan player. Gila and Gourcuff weren't good enough at this, and they'll have to search for a new club now. hopefully our new players fit right in without much problem. we have to win the Scudetto next season to keep other teams' fans' big mouths shut, those fvckers! dry.gif
armiss
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ May 19 2008, 02:46 PM)
FORZA MILAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!! I LOVE THS GUY !!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (redbabies @ May 19 2008, 08:39 PM)
Good Job!

Here's a compilation of him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBGezxHGsEQ

wow i must say this is the first time i've seen him... and he looks quality all around! and he is notably very agile cool.gif

thanks for the vid smile.gif
acid911
Good positioning, this guy has. Seems like a good signing. Oh, well another French dude: the Age of France is upon Milan. tongue.gif
Devillito
Good start. Never seen him play live,
but my friend said they rate him highly there.
Tennie
Apparently, we've got Leonardo to thank for finalizing the deal. the Italian media is reporting he was in Nice on Friday to meet with their leadership and Lloris. (Can we make Leonardo our transfer guru please?)
amancik
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 19 2008, 12:43 PM)
Apparently, we've got Leonardo to thank for finalizing the deal. the Italian media is reporting he was in Nice on Friday to meet with their leadership and Lloris. (Can we make Leonardo our transfer guru please?)

He brought Kaka' to Milan right? Did he bring Pato too?
fresh_prince7
So is it official?
Zed.D
Forza Leonardo!!! devil.gif I love this guy. it seems every great talent we buy is thanks to him. I think he can be one of the best transfer gurus in the future. he can distinguish real talents from those who just have flashes of brilliance since he's been a player himself. he perfectly knows football [unlike some tongue.gif] now I'm more confident about Lloris [should we finally make it official]. I know he's gonna be a Mian player because he's worth it.
arivanjj
QUOTE (amancik @ May 19 2008, 10:17 PM)
He brought Kaka' to Milan right? Did he bring Pato too?

yep smile.gif

nothing official yet FP7
amancik
yep nothing official yet but it's very close
KillerMax
This would be such an exciting signing, I'm trying not to get my hopes high. biggrin.gif He looks like he would fit in perfectly with the rest of the group. He has that Milan factor.
Fillipo Simone
Really? Is he that good? I saw him just a couple of times. But...Milan never had a French keeper. Hmh, I wonder if this will work.

And btw., is it sure Milan will release Dida? That's bothering me. I like him still, watherver he's done..
Tennie
The rumor's been around for a couple of weeks that Dida will be released, yes. Nothing's been confirmed, though.
Zed.D
I think those you don't hear of will go. Gila... I haven't seem him play, or heard the club speak about him, for weeks [or months?], now. so he will leave! same goes for Dida. it's like we've never had a keeper named Dida. there's simply no sign of him.
morgoth
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 19 2008, 11:42 AM)
devil.gif Hopefully he's our goalkeeper for the next 15 years! biggrin.gif the potential is there, he just has to endure possible mental pressures of being a Milan player. Gila and Gourcuff weren't good enough at this, and they'll have to search for a new club now. hopefully our new players fit right in without much problem. we have to win the Scudetto next season to keep other teams' fans' big mouths shut, those fvckers! dry.gif

Gila yes, but Gourcuff hasn't been giving a chance this season, I don't know why you're saying that he hasn't the quality to play for Milan unsure.gif

Lloris could turn out to be a great signing but the question is would signing him mean that there would be no Frey? In fact, I can't see Milan and Carlo trust a 21 years old kid as their number one keeper, so it's probably going to be Kalac as number 1 and Lloris as a backup, honestly I'd prefer Frey and Lloris.

By the way, Bayern joined the race for Frey ...
fresh_prince7
To be honest for a GK, theres not much to adapt, same everywhere just keep it out of the back of the net.

Pressure? Maybe, got to give him an opportunity, sitting him on the pine doesn't relieve that pressure. He'll eventually get called up and have that same pressure.

I'll be so p*ssed, if kalac if our #1 next season, bar the good work he has done this season.

Frey > Llrois > Kalac
Zed.D
QUOTE (morgoth @ May 19 2008, 05:08 PM)
Gila yes, but Gourcuff hasn't been giving a chance this season, I don't know why you're saying that he hasn't the quality to play for Milan unsure.gif

I never said he doesn't have the quality. actually I've always been one of his defenders! but the truth is Milan was too big for him. he's mentally weak...
morgoth
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 19 2008, 03:18 PM)
I never said he doesn't have the quality. actually I've always been one of his defenders! but the truth is Milan was too big for him. he's mentally weak...

Actually I meant mental quality ... it's not like he played regularly and failed, and if you refer to the Celtic game, keep in mind that before that game he didn't play for like a month or something!
kurtsimonw
I can't say I've really seen the guy play too often, but.. are Milan counting on a 21-year old who's barely made 50 club appearances in his career and without a full international cap as their number 1? Surely he'd be a backup, no?
LaPalma
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 19 2008, 04:25 PM)
I can't say I've really seen the guy play too often, but.. are Milan counting on a 21-year old who's barely made 50 club appearances in his career and without a full international cap as their number 1? Surely he'd be a backup, no?

Why not? Bayern will have a 23 yo goalie next season who doesn't even have that much appearances. If he's good...why not? But tbh I haven't seen anything from him yet.
Devillito
^^
Heard a rumor that Bayern is interested to sign Frey.
CrazyMilanFan
casisllas started for madrid when he was also very young i dont have any problem that he is too young or inexperienced i think he has enough talent to be our no 1
LaPalma
That's bs. Bayern are only looking for a Nr. 2. And that won't be Frey. Believe me. Uli Hoeneß said more than once Michael Rensing will be Kahns sucessor. And what Uli says Uli does.
Tennie
Heard that Bayern are looking perhaps at one of the American keepers playing in England as backup for Rensing.
LaPalma
It's been they're looking for Kasey Keller. Would be a logical move as he already has Bundesliga experience (with Gladbach).
Bluesummers
Lloris is a good buy especially for 5 mil. We'll use kalac as number 1 sad.gif and then once he is ready to go we'll use him. We got nothing to lose next season so why not. I highly doubt our club will actually try to win the uefa cup. Scudetto will be the main goal.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 19 2008, 06:55 PM)

We're not playing in the CL, so it's not THAT important that he hasn't much experience.
kurtsimonw
That's true. But not many inexperienced GKs win league titles either!
nuh
but so far we are making the rht buys =)
hatebreeder.nick
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 19 2008, 12:42 PM)
This would be such an exciting signing, I'm trying not to get my hopes high. biggrin.gif He looks like he would fit in perfectly with the rest of the group. He has that Milan factor.

yup.. agreed he'l fit in perfctly in milan!!
Minami
I saw him play a couple of times and his performance was really great for a 21 GK. But I don't think that we'll only spend about 5 mill for a new GK.

Llois is good, but we should buy someone like Frey to be no. 1. moreover there wouldn't be so much pressure on llois.

but i would welcome both to milan smile.gif smile.gif

hopefully there wil be more transfery coming wink.gif
Warchant
looks like a good signing
kurtsimonw
Well, his team had a superb defensive record last season, especially considering where they finished, so that's always a good sign.
Zed.D
In Leonardo, we trust wink.gif
Portman
Make it official.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Porty @ May 19 2008, 03:39 PM)
Make it official.

quote of the year!
Habitant
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 20 2008, 04:09 AM)
quote of the year!

i think we should have a poll and decide that!
dst
Have never seen him play. Only that YouTube compilaton... can't say. I don't like his face... biggrin.gif

Damn, why can't we have Buffon? We should have snatched him when we had the chance!

Anyway... if he comes I hope he'll succeed here.

QUOTE (hatebreeder.nick @ May 19 2008, 09:38 PM)
yup.. agreed he'l fit in perfctly in milan!!

Let's hope so. And welcome!
dst
By the way... don't you think there's too few great goalkeepers around? I mean... besides Buffon, Casillas, Cech and César... the rest are just good. Of course these guys are as good as it gets but... I think there's quite a big gap in quality between them and the rest of the goalies in Europe.
Devillito
QUOTE (dst @ May 21 2008, 03:34 PM)
By the way... don't you think there's too few great goalkeepers around? I mean... besides Buffon, Casillas, Cech and César... the rest are just good. Of course these guys are as good as it gets but... I think there's quite a big gap in quality between them and the rest of the goalies in Europe.

U r back huh?
How was your trip?

and btw, if Lloris come. Would he become our 1st or 2nd?
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ May 21 2008, 11:04 AM)

That's why we should go for young keepers that have the potential to become the next great keeper...
Il Capitano
Milan In Advanced Talks Over Lloris – Abbiati Agent

The agent of Milan-owned goalkeeper Christian Abbiati has confirmed that the Rossoneri are in advanced talks to sign Nice’s Hugo Lloris.

It has been strongly reported in the European press over the past few days that Milan were closing in on a deal to sign French Under-21 goalkeeper Lloris.

On Monday L’Equipe claimed that the Diavoli had agreed personal terms with the shot-stopper over a four-year contract, and all that was required in order to complete the transfer was to arrange a fee with Nice.

Up until now there had been no official confirmation of this, however the agent of Milan-owned Christian Abbiati has now verified that a deal with Lloris is close.

Abbiati is currently on loan at Atletico Madrid, and a possible return to Milan this summer hinges on whether Lloris completes his move to San Siro.

"We have been talking about this for so many days with the club: the player will go back to the Rossonero to stay,” said agent Vincenzo Morabito.

"Unless, that is, the club signs Lloris from Nice, because we understand that Milan is advanced in negotiations, despite having already five goalkeepers in their squad."

Is he saying that Abbiati won't stay if we sign Lloris? unsure.gif
Tennie
Yep! And given what Abbiati did when he was temporarily a zebra, it's good news to me. smile.gif
Il Capitano
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 21 2008, 10:35 AM)
Yep! And given what Abbiati did when he was temporarily a zebra, it's good news to me. smile.gif

I agree but I'm worried that they drop the negotiations with Nice because Abbiati is afraid of competition. They should sell Abbiati this year instead of a loan.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ May 21 2008, 11:45 AM)
I agree but I'm worried that they drop the negotiations with Nice because Abbiati is afraid of competition. They should sell Abbiati this year instead of a loan.

Yeah, i thought that Abbiati was an ex Primavera player, but he isnt. That would have been a mitigating factor, but is now irrelevant. Lloris all the way now
morgoth
There's an official interest for Lloris from Bordeaux, and honestly Milan could easily lose out the keeper since Bordeaux is a French club, will play CL next season and doesn't have too much keeper in the roster as we do ...

About Abbiati, it's reported that l'Atletico could keep him because they'll need another keeper for next season, but Abbiati who wants first team football wouldn't stay if Leo Franco was to come back as the first choice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.