Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berlusconi steps down
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Locke Lamora
Milan President Silvio Berlusconi is to give up his official role at the club after becoming Prime Minister of Italy for a third time.

Il Cavaliere has been under pressure to step down from the helm at Via Turati to guard against any potential conflicts of interest.

“My new role is incompatible with the Milan presidency,” explained Berlusconi in an interview with Radio Radio.

The 71-year-old media mogul has been criticised in the past for abusing his power to protect his own interests.

Owner of Milan since 1986, Berlusconi also categorically denied he is opposed to George Soro's bid to buy Roma.

“I am not against the arrival of foreign investors. This is a practice by now well developed in Europe - just look at what has happened in England with Chelsea and Liverpool.

“If someone comes in who is willing to bring happiness to the fans and reinforce the squad, I'll more than welcome them.”

channel 4
Zed.D
What the ****? ohmy.gif
Locke Lamora
Link:Official statement
m1ke
Nothing to worry about - he'll still be balancing the books and providing money for transfer targets.
Tennie
There's nothing official on acmilan.com, but this isn't really a big surprise. My bet is that his brother or his son will be titular president of hte club -- but I also feel that Berlusconi will remain the guy in charge nevertheless.
IoRDanCHo
What are you all wondering about? It was like that before and it will be now!
Warchant
BILL GATES! devil.gif
misha
It will still be within the Berlu family...
Devillito
Now that was a big shoe to fill in.
Can his son live up to the expectation?

unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
What expectation guys ?!

Berlusconi is still the president, not officially because he cant be the head of parliament and also be a president of a club or CEO of an organization.

This happened in both his terms before this one. Then ones he's done from office, he'll come back to being Milan president.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 23 2008, 07:08 PM)
What expectation guys ?!

Berlusconi is still the president, not officially because he cant be the head of parliament and also be a president of a club or CEO of an organization.

This happened in both his terms before this one. Then ones he's done from office, he'll come back to being Milan president.

Yeah what's so surprising about this news!? unsure.gif
Devillito
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 24 2008, 12:08 AM)
What expectation guys ?!

Oh i dont know he already done this before unsure.gif blush.gif
What i meant was if Berlusconi step down and should his
son or another unknown businessman take over,
will Milan survive or fukked.

But i guess im just paranoid 96.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2008, 08:09 PM)
Yeah what's so surprising about this news!? unsure.gif

Nothing really ... I was expecting it, since it happened before. Thing I didn't understand was why all this panic in this thread.
arivanjj
Galliani to take over? unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 23 2008, 11:48 PM)
Galliani to take over? unsure.gif

Nobody takes over

The presidents seat remains reserved for Silvio. Galliani takes the reigns of the club, but not the president.
Habitant
good news, whoever is assigned the job will be more focused on the task and hand, more ambitious and will hopefully put fatso in his place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.