Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan plan Zapata raid
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Ry4n
Milan plan Zapata raid

Tuesday 22 April, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have reportedly renewed their interest in launching a bid for Udinese defender Cristian Zapata this summer.

The Rossoneri watched the 21-year-old stopper on numerous occasions last year, only to divert their resources towards the transfer of Alexandre Pato.

The Colombian, who has made 23 appearances for the Zebrette this season, is thought to be wanted by a string of clubs including Fiorentina, Inter, Roma and Arsenal.

Udinese sporting director Giampaolo Pozzo is believed to be willing to let the youngster go for a fee of around £12m.

Milan transfer guru Ariedo Braida is said to be presiding over the deal by virtue of his healthy relationship with Udinese, where he spent three years as a player.

The Diavolo are clearly looking to reinforce their defence for next season after a disappointing campaign in both Serie A and the Champions League.

French internationals Philippe Mexes and Sebastien Frey have already been linked with a move to Milanello as has Sevilla's Brazilian right-back Daniel Alves.

Channel 4 Football italia news

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr22m.html
Ry4n
This is the first player i think we should buy hes young...Check very experienced for a young player, Udinese lost alot of ground when he got injured this year this missed him in defence hes the perfect player for our defence hope we sign him soon !!!
Habitant
zapata in
kaladze out
dst
QUOTE (Habitant @ Apr 22 2008, 07:48 PM)
zapata in
kaladze out

sleepysmiley03.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 22 2008, 04:55 PM)
sleepysmiley03.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

If that happened you would probably be happier than ari was when we bought Ronaldo. Which I never thought would happen
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Habitant @ Apr 22 2008, 10:48 AM)
zapata in
kaladze out

dont dream.

Kaladze starting line up
zapata on bench all season.
Darunia
Kaladze/Nesta won't be healthy the whole year, so Zapata off the bench is better than no Zapata. Sign him!
Zed.D
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 22 2008, 09:04 PM)
dont dream.

Kaladze starting line up

biggrin.gif so true!
Habitant
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 22 2008, 05:34 PM)
dont dream.

Kaladze starting line up

LOL

come on how can you keep a guy like zapata in over kaladze.

i wont deny he's had some good seasons with us in the past but the guy is just past it, i fear his defending over a natural disaster.
jefri91
Zapata? the mexican revolutionist in the early 1900's? lol
dst
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 22 2008, 09:29 PM)
Zapata? the mexican revolutionist in the early 1900's? lol

laugh.gif laugh.gif

We'll all become Zapatistas! biggrin.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 22 2008, 06:40 PM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif

We'll all become Zapatistas! biggrin.gif

wow that's going in my big book of great quotes laugh.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 22 2008, 10:28 PM)
If that happened you would probably be happier than ari was when we bought Ronaldo. Which I never thought would happen

I'm not quite sure anything can top that. Ari aside, you should have seen my face when Ronaldo signed up for us! devil.gif
TriniKing_CE
I am all for this signing Zapata is young strong and fast (and well not to mention a pretty descent defender)
Seeing that Barzagli is for sale too...(i also wouldn't mind him, plus he italian)
Anyways lets keep this a Zapata Forum
Zapata possibly siging for us - I approve tongue.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 22 2008, 07:47 PM)
I am all for this signing Zapata is young strong and fast (and well not to mention a pretty descent defender)
Seeing that Barzagli is for sale too...(i also wouldn't mind him, plus he italian)
Anyways lets keep this a Zapata Forum
Zapata possibly siging for us - I approve tongue.gif

yeah i approve of him aswell. Any new and good CB will not hurt us.
arivanjj
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 23 2008, 11:32 AM)
I'm not quite sure anything can top that. Ari aside, you should have seen my face when Ronaldo signed up for us! devil.gif

went to heaven and back when they made it official innocent.gif
dst
I cannot exceed both Ari and Acid but if I see Kaladze leave I will do whatever you want! smile.gif
redbabies
Kalazde will either play regularely or leave. He won't accept the bench.

Zapata - he's more than welcomed!
dst
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 23 2008, 01:00 PM)
Kalazde will either play regularely or leave. He won't accept the bench.

That's the most annoying thing about him! He was complaining last season too as he probably thinks he is a great player...
Besfort
Well... Zapata is great. At his age, it's to hard to find defenders like him. He has the ability to keep the player quiet for 90 minutes. If he says: I'm great, that makes him the Mohammed Ali of Football. tongue.gif Seriously, that's self-confidence, which makes himself play with all of his heart and power he posses'.

But I still rate the Felipe (Brazilian defender) higher than him, though.
acid911
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 23 2008, 09:33 AM)
went to heaven and back when they made it official

Huh, I even grew a few body hair, back at the time when Ronaldo signed up for us! laugh.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2008, 03:21 PM)
That's the most annoying thing about him! He was complaining last season too as he probably thinks he is a great player...

I read his interview in which he threatened a move to EPL, just because of the fact that Paolo decided to continue after our Champions League triumph. I mean, I can't believe, Kaladze has the guts to say that, and our management to hear such crap. He must be really well liked in Milan rooms, huh? huh.gif
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 24 2008, 12:37 AM)
He must be really well liked in Milan rooms, huh? huh.gif

He is well linked with Silvio's daughter...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.