Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gilardino Wants Fiorentina Move
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
redbabies
Much-maligned Milan striker Alberto Gilardino is desperate to sign for Fiorentina this summer, according to La Nazione.

Gilardino’s days at Milan have been numbered for quite sometime now following a third hugely disappointing season with the club.

The 25-year-old has scored just seven goals in Serie A from 30 appearances this campaign, and has barely played in recent weeks.

With Milan looking highly likely to sign both Ronaldinho and Andriy Shevchenko in the summer, and with there being a possibility of a third forward arriving too, Gilardino is almost certain to be sold.

The favourites for his signature at present are Fiorentina, whose coach is Gilardino’s former mentor at Parma, Cesare Prandelli.

The pair have a mutual respect for one another, and Gila is said to be especially desperate to be reunited with Prandelli.

A possible stumbling block could be the striker’s wages, and he has been told that he will have to take a huge pay-cut in order for the transfer to go through.

This may be a sacrifice that Gilardino will be forced to make if he wants to get his career back on track.

The forward has seen his reputation fall steeply over the past couple of years, and it is highly unlikely that he will be travelling to Euro 2008 with the Azzurri.

and I want his move too! smile.gif
morgoth
It would for the best Gila will be able to work with his mentor without the huge pressure he has in Milan, the question is how la Fiorentina are able to put for him? Fester said last year that his price tag is 17M€, I doubt la Viola is willing to pay that much assuming they're also linked with Barzagli for 12M€.
Tennie
If it happens, it will probably involve a trade of some sort.
daj0
Gila to Fiorentina and Frey to Milano.. i would be very happy if that happens!
TriniKing_CE
I would really like to so this happen.
I think it would be the best thing for everyone. (and that isnt supposed to be a lash out at Gila). IMO i just think that Fiorentina could possibly gain a good striker looking to revive his playing career, Milan would be offloading someone who has of late has seemed to be almost worthless, Italy could aslo benefit from this, should Gila be back to the fine form that saw him crowned Serie A's top scorer with parma then i would be completely pleased with the possible transfer.
In fact I think he can benefit moving to one or two other clubs as well, not just limited to Fior. Anyway i must admit frustration has come into play when concerning watching Gila at the San Siro but i wish him the best.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 21 2008, 03:00 PM)
I would really like to so this happen.

I meant to say: I would really like to 'see' this happen.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (daj0 @ Apr 21 2008, 02:57 PM)
Gila to Fiorentina and Frey to Milano.. i would be very happy if that happens!

That would be a GREAT deal for Milan, but i am not so sure Fiorentina are willing to take that risk, anyway only time will really tell. But tha sounds like a good deal to me!
redbabies
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 21 2008, 09:02 PM)
I meant to say: I would really like to 'see' this happen.

For your information: You can always EDIT your post and change whatever you want!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 21 2008, 03:08 PM)
For your information: You can always EDIT your post and change whatever you want!

Oh Shoot i only really now realised that nice 'Edit' button on my posts now that u mention it. Thanks for the info! - LOL blush.gif blink.gif unsure.gif
dst
Gila just does not fit in Milan. And if we do buy R20 and another forward I think he'll be in a much more difficult situation as the pressure on him when he does not perform will be immense.

I think it'd be best if we parted ways with no regret. Milan and Gila just do not go together... of course if he's willing to stay and fight I'd found more respect and root for him!

If he goes and Fiorentina is where he goes then there's no one else but Montolivo to include in a swap deal. Frey who??

QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 31 2008, 07:09 AM)
A man always deserves a second chance. No matter what he's done.

I don't agree with that. Not in relation to Dida but in general! biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 21 2008, 03:54 PM)
Frey who??

Are u implying that it won't be a good swap (or buy) either bcuz u consider him over rated or u don't like him for some reason. huh.gif
Or is it just that u think its not very likely? unsure.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 21 2008, 06:38 PM)
If it happens, it will probably involve a trade of some sort.

i hope so too... they have lots of nifty players that could come in and adjust to the milan system and most of them are italian (a must in my books) smile.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 21 2008, 08:04 PM)
Are u implying that it won't be a good swap (or buy) either bcuz u consider him over rated or u don't like him for some reason. huh.gif
Or is it just that u think its not very likely? unsure.gif

Frey is not over rated, i thought he was until I actually started watching Viola's matches. Frey is an amazing player. Without him Viola would've not been anywhere close where they are now.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 21 2008, 05:21 PM)
Frey is not over rated, i thought he was until I actually started watching Viola's matches. Frey is an amazing player. Without him Viola would've not been anywhere close where they are now.

wink.gif I wasnt implying that by any means, I was just asking dst what she mean't by "Frey Who?"
dst
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 21 2008, 11:04 PM)

I think Montolivo is a better player and he's also 5 years younger! Frey is a very good player but I think Milan should be looking for someone really great!

So I believe swapping for Montolivo would be the best option.
maldini03
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 21 2008, 03:20 PM)
I think Montolivo is a better player and he's also 5 years younger! Frey is a very good player but I think Milan should be looking for someone really great!

So I believe swapping for Montolivo would be the best option.

+1 smile.gif
kurtsimonw
I don't think Fiorentina are stupid. They know that Gila isn't wanted by Milan and that he will be valued fairly low. Why would they swap one of their good young players with bags of potential for somebody they could just go and buy for cheap?
arivanjj
if it was up to me i would pay Fiorentina to take him dry.gif.
misha
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 22 2008, 06:33 AM)
if it was up to me i would pay Fiorentina to take him dry.gif.

Or any other club for that matter 96.gif
Devillito
I'd rather Gila stay put than recall a former cracker Borriello!
A big no-no IMO.

But sure,i think he is not meant to play for a big club like Milan sad.gif
Bluesummers
GILA GTFO AND DO IT QUICKLY! I WANT HIM OUT THE DAY AFTER THE SEASON IS OVER.
LaPalma
I wouldn't say Gila doesn't fit in. We all know Gila is, por better his style to play, not to different from Pippo. Gilas problem is a psychological one IMO. He doesn't have the balls to fight for his starting spot at Milan and he's frustrated etc. . That's why he should leave...would be the best to rejunivate his career.
Zed.D
Go, go... go, Gila, go... go... go, Gila, go...
redbabies
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 21 2008, 11:33 PM)
wink.gif I wasnt implying that by any means, I was just asking dst what she mean't by "Frey Who?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif
dst
sleep.gif
Devillito
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
LaPalma
graduated.gif
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Apr 22 2008, 11:15 AM)
I wouldn't say Gila doesn't fit in. We all know Gila is, por better his style to play, not to different from Pippo. Gilas problem is a psychological one IMO. He doesn't have the balls to fight for his starting spot at Milan and he's frustrated etc. . That's why he should leave...would be the best to rejunivate his career.

+545434754754765657656547646747
Nova
Au revoir , Arrivederci , Vaarwel , Dovidjenja , Farvel , Näkemiin , Auf Wiedersehen , Andio sas , Aloha , Sainara , Hasta la vista , Goodbye !!!!

Ronaldinho anyone ? cool.gif
Ry4n
on Frey - Remember remember that 6 -0 vs Inter the blonde in Goal was ......FREY , but he has become a top class keeper so ill welcome like a hero b coz rememeber he did let in 6 goals for us against the Merde tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Apr 22 2008, 02:38 PM)
on Frey - Remember remember that 6 -0 vs Inter the blonde in Goal was ......FREY , but he has become a top class keeper so ill welcome like a hero b coz rememeber he did let in 6 goals for us against the Merde tongue.gif

He still is prone to making howlers here and ther, but then again you rarely see a keeper who doesn't do that, I've witnessed both Cech and Cassillas do them so I think he would be our best option right now since we lost our chance to sign Buffon
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 22 2008, 12:54 AM)
I don't agree with that. Not in relation to Dida but in general!

Well, that's your line of thinking and while my opinion is slightly different, I respect it. You see, the universe always gives all of us second chances. And often times, much more than that. But we being mere mortals, can't even do that? huh.gif

Yeah, no third chances, of course. It's foolish to keep trying something when it's not working over and over again. If someone is constantly bad (ex Gila), it's a good idea to find where the trouble is. And if we can't correct that, then by all means, part ways. Who knows, he might be able to get his career back on track? And yes, 90% of the blame has to go to Gila, for allowing himself and his stock to plummet so low. If you can't score goals, then go back to being a deep-lying forward as opposed to a pure hitman.

And a quick disclaimer, I'm not a die-hard fan of Gila by any stretch of imagination. Not very much, but I still like him. Just like I've learned to like anyone who's donned the Red & Black. Even Dhorasoo. unsure.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Nova @ Apr 22 2008, 03:32 PM)
Au revoir  , Arrivederci , Vaarwel , Dovidjenja , Farvel , Näkemiin , Auf Wiedersehen , Andio sas , Aloha , Sainara , Hasta la vista , Goodbye !!!!

Lol, you forgot to include "Ciao" in that list! laugh.gif

QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 22 2008, 02:21 AM)

Yup, Frey is very, very good. And if we can't get anyone better, then he's be our best bet. I'd still love to see a Brazilian keeper if we can find a strong one. Not to mention I'd be one happy monkey if we can prey "Julio Cesar" from Inter in the future. For me he's been one of the best Serie A players this season, if not the best. smile.gif
dst
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 23 2008, 03:38 AM)
Well, that's your line of thinking and while my opinion is slightly different, I respect it. You see, the universe always gives all of us second chances. And often times, much more than that. But we being mere mortals, can't even do that? huh.gif

Ermm... what exactly is the universe? I mean... it's not something that exists and can decide to give you a chance... it happens... but even if you believe in the universe (or the force or whatever biggrin.gif ) then... well... the universe has always been and will always be there... I got a limited life! tongue.gif

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 23 2008, 03:38 AM)
Even Dhorasoo. unsure.gif

Dhorasoo I like a lot!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2008, 12:19 PM)
Dhorasoo I like a lot!

laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.