Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arrivederci Maldini?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
whoarethepatriots
Milan’s Paolo Maldini has picked up an injury in training, which may end the veteran stopper’s season and bring the curtain down on his career.

The Rossoneri need all the experience they can get with just five games left to turn their season around.

However, it seems that 39-year-old stopper Maldini could be watching the remainder of the campaign from the stands.

The Diavolo legend damaged his left thigh during yesterday’s training session and early tests show that the damage could be reasonably extensive.

There are fears that the problem could be enough to rule Maldini out of any of Milan’s remaining matches.

Should Maldini stand by his previous decision to hang up his boots at the end of the season, he may have played his final game in a glorious career.

A homegrown talent, Maldini came through the Milan youth ranks and made his Serie A debut at just 16 back in January 1985.

He has since made 617 appearances for the club and has played more games in the top flight than any other active player.

Source
dst
That's what I was thinking about... Maldini will now most certainly not retire as he would not want to end his career with an injury! I hope I'm right... sleep.gif
redbabies
^^^
contrary to dst... if there's something that would really make him retire is this injury.

sad sad.gif, but true.

I hope at least he plays against Udine in the last match of the season (he even made his debut against Udine.. what a coencidence)
Locke Lamora
Maldini will be back, trust me.
It's just this "feeling" I have in these cases...like during the 2005 FA Cup final when Man U were totally owning us and I just knew we were going to win.
maldini03
It would be an awfully sad way to end a carrer and he lost the last rival game he played in thats pretty sad also. sad.gif
Ry4n
cry.gif cry.gif i hate seeing him on the sidelines
Bluesummers
f*ck now what are we gonna do about our defence. Favaldinho baby!
acid911
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 18 2008, 10:56 PM)
Maldini will be back, trust me.
It's just this "feeling" I have in these cases...like during the 2005 FA Cup final when Man U were totally owning us and I just knew we were going to win.

king.gif king.gif king.gif
Rossoneri7
Paolo wont go out like this !!

He will be in Milan's first XI next season king.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 18 2008, 03:00 PM)
Paolo wont go out like this !!

He will be in Milan's first XI next season king.gif

galliani has spoken. No need to worry anymore people. Paolo is comin back innocent.gif
arivanjj
no it will not end like this mad.gif!!!
sansiro1708
now we know our two NEW 2009 winter transfers = ronaldo and maldini
Tennie
Mediaset Sport is running an article stating that the injury may, paradoxically, push Il Capitano into playing another year. The article says that Maldini wants to go out on his own feet (awkward wording, but it's a more-or-less direct translation) and hopefully lifting a trophy.

Good news.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 19 2008, 12:09 PM)
Mediaset Sport is running an article stating that the injury may, paradoxically, push Il Capitano into playing another year. The article says that Maldini wants to go out on his own feet (awkward wording, but it's a more-or-less direct translation) and hopefully lifting a trophy.

Good news.

See? He won't quit this way, he'll retire properly, on his feet, with a last match!

One more season Maldini!!!!!!!!!!! king.gif king.gif king.gif king.gif king.gif king.gif king.gif king.gif
weeeow
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2008, 11:30 AM)
See? He won't quit this way, he'll retire properly, on his feet, with a last match!

One more season Maldini!!!!!!!!!!! king.gif  king.gif  king.gif  king.gif  king.gif  king.gif  king.gif  king.gif

FORZA DST!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 19 2008, 02:25 AM)
galliani has spoken.  No need to worry anymore people.  Paolo is comin back  innocent.gif

huh.gif

What !?
kurtsimonw
He can play another year. Just don't let him play against Inter.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 06:05 AM)
huh.gif

What !?

you=galliani
Jack Sparrow
Ha....Silvio could never afford this Galliani. He'd cost as much as Kaka biggrin.gif

m1ke and R7 were having contract negotiations that whole time...R7 was trying to do a R10 and citing personal problems. He just wanted more $$$.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 20 2008, 04:10 AM)
you=galliani

Are you trying to be funny ?!
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 20 2008, 02:45 PM)

Relax... we had this who is who thing the other day and you came out to be Galliani...
whoarethepatriots
If he decides to play another season we need to bully/intimidate/beg/plead/threaten FIGC or whoever decides the fixtures, to make our last match Udinese (again). This way Maldini's career will end in a full circle, it will end where it began
acid911
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Apr 20 2008, 08:42 PM)
If he decides to play another season we need to bully/intimidate/beg/plead/threaten FIGC or whoever decides the fixtures, to make our last match Udinese (again). This way Maldini's career will end in a full circle, it will end where it began

That is of course if he doesn't plan on extending his career once again to play in Europe. freak.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 20 2008, 05:45 AM)

yes i am G-dog. Any problems? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.