Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about the rules
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Bluesummers
Sorry guys i have a slight question and its been bothering me for a while.

Okay image this. We have kaka and inzaghi in the front together right. Now the defence has pushed up to try and catch kaka offside but they couldn't and pirlo's thru ball made it to him and now hes clear on goal and hes running at very fast pace. Not a single defender bothers to try and come back so he has all the the time in the world. While hes running pippo is also running to the net on the other side. Kaka doesnt notice pippo and he takes a shot directly at the keeper. Keeper saves it and the ball rebounds to inzaghi who is also in the box and he puts it in the net. Now remember defenders stopped at mid and didnt bother coming back. So my question is eventhough inzaghi wasn't directly involved in the play because kaka made no attempt to pass it to him, would pippo get offside or would the goal count.

thanks appreciate it. Also if you could make a reference to the actual rules regarding this decision. I would greatly appreciate it.
kurtsimonw
If Pippo is behind the ball when the original shot was taken, he is onside. But if Pippo is in front of the ball when the shot was taken, even though it came off the keeper, then he is offside.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 17 2008, 05:42 PM)
If Pippo is behind the ball when the original shot was taken, he is onside. But if Pippo is in front of the ball when the shot was taken, even though it came off the keeper, then he is offside.

thanks alot. Could you get me some link from offical rules. Another coach i'm in debate with thinks that it would be offside but i told him its onside. Its exactly as you describe it. My player was behind the ball.
kurtsimonw
I don't know of anywhere official to find the rules. But wikipedia has a full explanation of the offside rule, seems correct to me. The Offside Rule

FIFA - This has something on page 34 about it NOT being offside if the player is behind the ball when it is played, it's official from FIFA too.
Bluesummers
thank you kurt biggrin.gif I'll find you in 15 years in birmingham. You'll be my assistant and i'll be headcoach of villa tongue.gif cheers
dst
Yup, if Pippo is behind the ball when the shot is taken he is onside.

NOTE: Even if he was offside when Pirlo made the through-ball it does not matter!

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 18 2008, 02:25 AM)
thank you kurt biggrin.gif  I'll find you in 15 years in birmingham.  You'll be my assistant and i'll be headcoach of villa tongue.gif  cheers

laugh.gif Good luck!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 18 2008, 09:25 AM)
Yup, if Pippo is behind the ball when the shot is taken he is onside.

NOTE: Even if he was offside when Pirlo made the through-ball it does not matter!
laugh.gif Good luck!

i dont need luck. I got skill. Carlo needs luck. I am the special one 2.
Jack Sparrow
^^^^

Just stay away from Via Turati... tongue.gif Now Aston Villa...there's a club you can do whatever with.

Try a 1-1-8 formation even. It would be nice to see.
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 20 2008, 04:21 AM)
i dont need luck.  I got skill.  Carlo needs luck. I am the special one 2.

You don't need luck? OK... but when you are rich and famous and your team wins with a really lucky deflected shot go to to the post-game press conf. and say "I'm the Special One v.2... and dst's ma *****!" biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2008, 04:23 AM)
You don't need luck? OK... but when you are rich and famous and your team wins with a really lucky deflected shot go to to the post-game press conf. and say "I'm the Special One v.2... and dst's ma *****!"  biggrin.gif

I promise you right here and now i will do it!
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 21 2008, 01:31 AM)
I promise you right here and now i will do it!

Oops! I meant to say "I'm the Special One v.2... and dst's *****!"
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2008, 05:34 PM)
Oops! I meant to say "I'm the Special One v.2... and dst's *****!"

nope i'm special one n2 and dst's ma SUPA SEXY *****! In all seriousness though the best candidate on milanfan for assistant manager would no doubt be tennie.

Shes knowledgeable, very calm and knows how to keep a situation calm. Doesn't get drunk off power. Shes nice and shes female. What more could you ask for king.gif except the fishdoll....that thing needs to be MERDANATED!!!!!!!!
Tennie
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif Bluesummers, you are a MEANIEHEAD!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 20 2008, 06:17 PM)
cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif  Bluesummers, you are a MEANIEHEAD!

tongue.gif hehe cool.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 20 2008, 06:17 PM)
cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif  Bluesummers, you are a MEANIEHEAD!

by the way i was joking. I love your fishdoll 10e innocent.gif
Tennie
Then the fish doll gives you a cookie (or an elk, if you prefer. He understands they're popular in Canada). 96.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 20 2008, 08:31 PM)
Then the fish doll gives you a cookie  (or an elk, if you prefer. He understands they're popular in Canada). 96.gif

LOL!! sorry but what is an elk??? also please check your messages biggrin.gif
Tennie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elk

Elk. 96.gif
Bluesummers
oh okay an elk i get it. Sorry i was thinking of an elk cookie or something and then i could got confused biggrin.gif I know what an elk is hahah!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.