Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blues boss targets Kaka and Messi
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Warchant
Chelsea manager Avram Grant has revealed that he wants to bring South American superstars Kaka and Lionel Messi to Stamford Bridge.

The Blues boss has already pledged to spend big in this summer's transfer market and has now made the unusual step of naming two of his top targets.

Milan ace Kaka is the current World Player of the Year, while gifted young Argentina international Messi regularly lights up Camp Nou with his stunning displays for Barcelona.

Grant has struggled to win over sections of the sceptical Chelsea support who feel he has failed to match up to the standards set by Jose Mourinho.

The Israeli's only realistic hope of silverware this season now appears to be the Champions League, with an enthralling clash with Premier League rivals Liverpool on the horizon.

Monday's 1-1 home draw against Wigan left Chelsea five points adrift of Manchester United in the Premier League title race, and Grant has vowed to act ahead of next season.

He told the Daily Star: "We need to do something. We want to be more consistent and of course I need players who can help with this.

"Will it take a flair player like Kaka or Messi? I will not reject that one of those names will be here.

"Will they come? I think so, yes. This is a big club."

He added: "Only one team can win the Champions League. Only one team can be champions of England.

"You think players will only come to these two teams? No.

"It's not about how many players - it's about which player you can bring. We want a different style of football. If a player is good for this, we want to take him.

"I am already planning. We're speaking about it all the time for the long and short-term."

thank you Grant...i needed a good laugh. neither of those 2 players will ever set foot in Stamford Bridge wearing a blue jersey.
morgoth
Joke of the week laugh.gif
Tennie
The fish doll wants some of what Grant's been smoking. 96.gif
fahad
"Will they come? I think so, yes. This is a big club." and with a big fat manager
mishie
any slight amount of credibility that man had has just been lost......what a joke! laugh.gif
han2503
Like Chelsea even have the slightest chance of getting either player rolleyes.gif

And Grant should get the memo, Chelsea are not a big club they are just a big team because they have a Russian billionaire continuosly pumping money to buy over priced and over payed players
arivanjj
Blues can keep on dreaming... rolleyes.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 17 2008, 09:31 PM)
The fish doll wants some of what Grant's been smoking.  96.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
morgoth
Here we go again, marca wrote that since R10 is joining Milan, Kaka could leave and go to Chelsea or ... Madrid, because they are incompatible happy.gif
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 18 2008, 02:31 PM)
Here we go again, marca wrote that since R10 is joining Milan, Kaka could leave and go to Chelsea or ... Madrid, because they are incompatible  happy.gif

Don't they both play for Brazil together... rolleyes.gif

I thought AS(hole smile.gif ) was the biggest BS paper in spain smile.gif
kurtsimonw
Maybe this isn't as crazy as some of you are thinking. Do you not remember the likes of Mutu, Veron, Crespo, Drogba and co. joining Chelsea when Roman first took over?

I don't know how much you knew about pre-Roman Chelsea, but it'd be the equivilent of Kaka', Robinho, Ronaldinho, etc. going to a team like Fiorentina or Everton this summer. So crazier things have happened at Chelsea.
Devillito
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 19 2008, 02:34 AM)

laugh.gif

So true!
I do remember that Kaka said that he would welcome Ronaldinho many times before
(when we were in previous super pole position crap before dry.gif ).
Is there something going on between them?

And plus they were saying that Kaka n Ronaldinho are incompatible because of R10's off-pitch behavior? I think R99 was a notorious party animal himself and he made it to Milan just fine.

So, I wonder; what's the rumpus?
whoarethepatriots
Chelsea are a big club, but us and Barcelona arent?

Imbecile, Kaka and Messi arent players that are corrupted by money, and they arent 15 year olds waiting to be poached, so i have no idea how he thinks he can get them
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 18 2008, 08:34 PM)

This rumor is pure crap. Kaka is Silvio's next "Handsome Boy" after Maldini. There's no chance he'd do anything that would drive him away... I'm sure Kaka wants Ronaldinho to come.

You are wrong. It's the biggest BS paper in the world!

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 18 2008, 08:44 PM)
Maybe this isn't as crazy as some of you are thinking. Do you not remember the likes of Mutu, Veron, Crespo, Drogba and co. joining Chelsea when Roman first took over?

I don't know how much you knew about pre-Roman Chelsea, but it'd be the equivilent of Kaka', Robinho, Ronaldinho, etc. going to a team like Fiorentina or Everton this summer. So crazier things have happened at Chelsea.

It's different. That was something unexpected. This is something that will not happen! smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 18 2008, 08:31 AM)
Here we go again, marca wrote that since R10 is joining Milan, Kaka could leave and go to Chelsea or ... Madrid, because they are incompatible happy.gif

sigh its sad when an 18 year old canadian kid knows more about soccer than journalists in europe. sigh..... Do these people even need to have any pre-requirements for their job? what attend bullsh*t 101?
morgoth
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 18 2008, 07:44 PM)

Are you comparing Mutu & Co. to Kaka and Messi? We're talking superstars here!
Crespo wasn't even playing at la merda and Veron was more than disappointing for United, Drogba was sold to Chelsea because they proposed the most, and Mutu, well lets just say he never was world class (actually I don't remember his transfer tongue.gif)

Are you kidding, I remember pre-Abramovic Chelsea and they weren't the likes of Everton or even Fiorentina (didn't they reach the semi-final of the CL in the early 90's?) I'd say they were like la Roma.

Oh and before I forget, how can you put Robinho in the sentence with Kaka & R10? blink.gif
kurtsimonw
Pre-Roman Chelsea were anything from 4th to 6th. A team that would usually play in the UEFA Cup but sneak a place in the CL every now and then (Not unlike Everton and Viola). Newcastle also made the latter stages of the CL in the mid-90s. But they aren't exactly buying Drogba are they.

I was just naming players, that's all. But Ronaldinho is sh!t, he doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Kaka', Robinho.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 02:35 PM)
I was just naming players, that's all. But Ronaldinho is sh!t, he doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Kaka', Robinho.

!?!??? How is Ronaldinho ****? He is not a great professional yeah but what does that have to do with his quality as a player!? He was (among) the (very) best player(s) two (and 3, 4) seasons ago... Robinho will never be half as good as Ronaldinho used to be.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2008, 01:16 PM)
!?!??? How is Ronaldinho ****? He is not a great professional yeah but what does that have to do with his quality as a player!? He was (among) the (very) best player(s) two (and 3, 4) seasons ago... Robinho will never be half as good as Ronaldinho used to be.

I think he's been terrible this season. I don't care how he used to be, he's not good enough anymore, not in my opinion. Right now I'd rather have Robinho than Ronaldinho, that is for sure.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 03:24 PM)
I think he's been terrible this season. I don't care how he used to be, he's not good enough anymore, not in my opinion. Right now I'd rather have Robinho than Ronaldinho, that is for sure.

Well who you'd rather have is irrelevant to what you said before. In my opinion it's unfair to judge a player on his current condition and say he is ****... in the same sense, Pirlo, Carragher or whoever else are also ****.

I don't like R20 either but he was at the top for 4 years, he was not one-hit wonder...
morgoth
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 01:35 PM)
Pre-Roman Chelsea were anything from 4th to 6th. A team that would usually play in the UEFA Cup but sneak a place in the CL every now and then (Not unlike Everton and Viola). Newcastle also made the latter stages of the CL in the mid-90s. But they aren't exactly buying Drogba are they.

I think you should remember that Drogba had one very good season before going to Chelsea, and he went there because they proposed the most €

As for R10 being s***, I think you're being biased because it's no sense to say that a player who had a terrible period is s***! R10 has nothing to prove in terms of football, just tell me you don't like the guy and I'll understand but to call him s*** is illogical and unfair!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2008, 04:35 PM)
Well who you'd rather have is irrelevant to what you said before. In my opinion it's unfair to judge a player on his current condition and say he is ****... in the same sense, Pirlo, Carragher or whoever else are also ****.

I don't like R20 either but he was at the top for 4 years, he was not one-hit wonder...

I might be considered a supporter of an R10 move. As a footballer, I'd prefer Seedorf to R10, even more so Zidane, mainly because I prefer the more solid players. The one's who don't do all those fancy tricks and the ones who play for the team and base their play on team work.

Having said that, no one can deny Ronaldinho. He has won all that there is to win for Barcalona. He is an exceptional player (no doubt) who is currently off form. It happens to the best of players, having said that I'm sure that a change of scenery would do him a world of good. Plus the fact that he plays for AC Milan is a motivation in itself.
kurtsimonw
He has done nothing all season, so to me - at the mooment - yes, he is ****. There is no reason he won't be the same next season, whereever he ends up, or the season after that.

Sheva was no one-season wonder either, but as much as I like him, I'd agree that he's been useless since his move to Chelsea.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 03:56 PM)
Having said that, no one can deny Ronaldinho. He has won all that there is to win for Barcalona. He is an exceptional player (no doubt) who is currently off form. It happens to the best of players, having said that I'm sure that a change of scenery would do him a world of good. Plus the fact that he plays for AC Milan is a motivation in itself.

Everyone can deny Ronaldinho. No one is so great to be able to change clubs at whatever time he feels like! Especially someone who has been on the decline for the past two seasons! He used to be an exceptional player and you can't just say off-form... it's his lack of professionalism that has led him at this point and it is just his fault. Also, no one can guarantee that R20 would not do the same at Milan...

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 03:58 PM)
He has done nothing all season, so to me - at the mooment - yes, he is ****. There is no reason he won't be the same next season, whereever he ends up, or the season after that.

Sheva was no one-season wonder either, but as much as I like him, I'd agree that he's been useless since his move to Chelsea.

Well... you said 'is ****' for R20 and 'useless since his move to Chelsea' for Shevchenko... that's why I said you are unfair, both have been really bad in the past two seasons but you seem to dislike R20 a bit too much... You wouldn't say that for Materazzi even if he's been pretty mediocre this season... I can't say I'm better myself, I would never criticize Nesta either... biggrin.gif
morgoth
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 02:58 PM)

I don't agree, how can call someone s*** when he scores 8 goals in 17 games/half games, actually I think R10 doesn't want to play and that's why he's not giving 100% every match, even wit his current form the guy scores every 2 matches, I wonder what do you think about henry's season?

Sheva is another story, Mourinho never wanted him and out played him last year, now if you ad to that the critics, the team mates, the playing style and the character (he never was a fighter was he!) witch related to his confidence, you'll understand that his situation has absolutely nothing to do with skills!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 19 2008, 02:12 PM)
I don't agree, how can call someone s*** when he scores 8 goals in 17 games/half games, actually I think R10 doesn't want to play and that's why he's not giving 100% every match, even wit his current form the guy scores every 2 matches, I wonder what do you think about henry's season?

Henry this season, and last season for that matter, very average.

"R10 doesn't want to play and that's why he's not giving 100% every match" - This is exactly why you do not buy this player. What if he just doesn't feel like playing away to Catania or whoever, in front of 10,000 fans? It wouldn't surprise me.

8 goals in 17 games? Come on, how many were not free-kicks or penalties? Even Matrix scored 10 goals last season.

@dst. I agree Matrix hasn't been that good this season, but he's missed alot of it through injury.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2008, 05:09 PM)
Everyone can deny Ronaldinho. No one is so great to be able to change clubs at whatever time he feels like! Especially someone who has been on the decline for the past two seasons! He used to be an exceptional player and you can't just say off-form... it's his lack of professionalism that has led him at this point and it is just his fault. Also, no one can guarantee that R20 would not do the same at Milan...

No one can guarantee, but a player of such calibure no one can doubt. His form at Barca is unquestionable at the moment. But if he moves to Milan, no one can say for certain how he will perform.

But look at it this way, before Ronaldinho moved to Barca they were having one of their dark spells which they have every 7 years or so. Ronaldinho moved to Barca and all of a sudden they were back to back La Liga winners, CL winners, ... Sure his form dropped, but only when there was nothing else to win.

I cant guarantee that Ronaldinho would do the same at Milan, but then again Milan is not Barca. The way the players are treated at AC Milan is waaay different.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 05:52 PM)

"R10 doesn't want to play and that's why he's not giving 100% every match" - This is exactly why you do not buy this player. What if he just doesn't feel like playing away to Catania or whoever, in front of 10,000 fans? It wouldn't surprise me.

8 goals in 17 games? Come on, how many were not free-kicks or penalties? Even Matrix scored 10 goals last season.

@dst. I agree Matrix hasn't been that good this season, but he's missed alot of it through injury.

SO HAS RONALDINHO!!!!!!! HE'S MADE ONLY 17 APPEARANCES FFS rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 19 2008, 02:49 PM)
SO HAS RONALDINHO!!!!!!! HE'S MADE ONLY 17 APPEARANCES FFS rolleyes.gif

Exactly, and what did I say? "MATRIX HAS NOT BEEN GOOD THIS SEASON" so you're basically agreeing with my assessment of Ronaldinho!
morgoth
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 03:22 PM)

Just for the record, I don't want R10 at Milan. So what free-kicks doesn't count or what? As for the penalties I'm not sure he scored that much (not like Ibrahimovic for example)
About his motivation, I'm sure he'll give 100% at least the first two years (considering we're going to make the CL next year!) but yes no one can guarantee that he'll give 100% after that, but if you think that he'll be 30 years old, then you can assume that he'll probably change just like R99 changed wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 06:23 PM)
Exactly, and what did I say? "MATRIX HAS NOT BEEN GOOD THIS SEASON" so you're basically agreeing with my assessment of Ronaldinho!

I agree Ronaldinho hasn't been good this season [due to injury, lack of motivation, whatever...] but I don't see a reason why he can't get back to 100% again. NO ONE knows whether he'll be able to do that in Milan, neither me nor you, even R7 can't tell. but to say he's finished forever while he's only 28 is absurd. if this transfer didn't turn out to be what we expected, fvck it! we could do a Rivaldo to him wink.gif
redbabies
Please don't judge Dinho for only one season. cool.gif

Every player has the right to be off form for a season.

The point is to bounce back from troubles, and I don’t see why (a 28yo Brazilian, 2 times FIFA World player of the year, 1 time Ballon d'Or winner... a player whose form has been constantly high for the last 5-6 years) can't do that!! devil.gif

Remember Sheva in 2002/3 didn't have the best of seasons, ok he was injured, but still managed to play 24 league matches, scoring only 5 goals... came back the following season to win Golden Ball. king.gif

Same is happening to Dinho, he has been injured and still managed to score 9 goals, and he's not a striker!

I hope we sign him! Apart from being a great signing, he'll make people change their opinions about Milan for only signing old or cheap players. goodheart.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Apr 19 2008, 03:11 PM)
I agree Ronaldinho hasn't been good this season [due to injury, lack of motivation, whatever...] but I don't see a reason why he can't get back to 100% again. NO ONE knows whether he'll be able to do that in Milan, neither me nor you, even R7 can't tell. but to say he's finished forever while he's only 28 is absurd. if this transfer didn't turn out to be what we expected, fvck it! we could do a Rivaldo to him  wink.gif

I do agree with R7, redbabies, Morgoth, dst and yourself about R10s past. You don't become World Player of the Year twice for nothing, but he has been poor on and off the football field this season. None of us know how he well turn out and my worry is that because he is such a big name, the management may feel he is the only signing we need in attack - but because of this season, it'd be a big risk if he didn't come good for us.
redbabies
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 05:48 PM)
I do agree with R7, redbabies, Morgoth, dst and yourself about R10s past. You don't become World Player of the Year twice for nothing, but he has been poor on and off the football field this season. None of us know how he well turn out and my worry is that because he is such a big name, the management may feel he is the only signing we need in attack - but because of this season, it'd be a big risk if he didn't come good for us.

after all these rumours, tell me would you like Dinho to end-up at Merda at the end of the day?

that'd be worse than all Ibra, Suazo, Vieira!

And you see, they signed Suazo and he didn't produce what they expected, at least he should have been favoured to Cruz. But no, he's staying on the bench, and there are even whispers that he'll leave.

but, Inter are still proud and happy of his transfer just because they beat Milan in that race.

now, we need to show them whose the BOSS OF MILAN city, and remined them that in the city of fashion they're nothing more than a minority! devil.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 04:22 PM)

I'm just saying that you said he's **** because you don't like him. You wouldn't say it for someone you do like, let's say Lampard for example... and that's what I do too! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 04:24 PM)
But if he moves to Milan, no one can say for certain how he will perform.

Exactly! You can't tell me he'll get back to what he used to be and I can't tell you he won't... so this is a bet... a bet I would not take. But I trust in Silvio and I think that if this transfer goes through then it'll be a success. Still, I can't just erase any doubts I have about it...

QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 19 2008, 05:40 PM)
Same is happening to Dinho, he has been injured and still managed to score 9 goals, and he's not a striker!

Come on now, it's not an injury thing. He's not a professional, he goes out partying all the time and even in his contract there's a clause that allows his to skip some training sessions...

Of course Don Silvio has said before that he will not accept something like that in Milan.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 05:48 PM)

Exactly!

QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 19 2008, 06:05 PM)
now, we need to show them whose the BOSS OF MILAN city, and remined them that in the city of fashion they're nothing more than a minority!  devil.gif

I'm not a member of the board so I don't know what's going on. I haven't ever seen Ronaldinho let alone speak to him... but if I was a board member and had a doubt over him then I would let Inter have him and let them boast all they want!
redbabies
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2008, 08:22 PM)
I'm not a member of the board so I don't know what's going on. I haven't ever seen Ronaldinho let alone speak to him... but if I was a board member and had a doubt over him then I would let Inter have him and let them boast all they want!

It’s a psychological defeat if they beat us in Dinho race. They would make us feel inferior to them in terms of transfers and success, and I hate to loose against them even in the transfer of a Serie C player.
dst
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 19 2008, 08:34 PM)
It’s a psychological defeat if they beat us in Dinho race. They would make us feel inferior to them in terms of transfers and success, and I hate to loose against them even in the transfer of a Serie C player.

I'm just saying that I would not get anyone JUST to beat the merda in it...
redbabies
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2008, 08:41 PM)
I'm just saying that I would not get anyone JUST to beat the merda in it...

beating merda in Dinho race is only one of the reasons why I'd like to sign him...

but of course the MAIN reason is coz I really believe he'll become great again!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 19 2008, 04:05 PM)
after all these rumours, tell me would you like Dinho to end-up at Merda at the end of the day?

that'd be worse than all Ibra, Suazo, Vieira!

And you see, they signed Suazo and he didn't produce what they expected, at least he should have been favoured to Cruz. But no, he's staying on the bench, and there are even whispers that he'll leave.

Funny you mention Suazo. When it was rumoured we were signing him I was very disappointed, I never wanted him here. I was happy when he went to Inter, and he's hardly done well there! I'm seeing a repeat with the R10 situation!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.