Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan To Begin New Era By Selling Gattuso?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
redbabies
According to La Repubblica, AC Milan are set to signal the beginning of a new era at the club by selling Gennaro Gattuso.

The Rossoneri have had a hugely disappointing season, and their 3-2 defeat against Juventus on Saturday night means they now look unlikely to qualify for next season’s Champions League. 

The consensus in the European press is that Milan have reached the end of a cycle, and need to rejuvenate their ageing squad.  The first to go it seems will be Rino Gattuso, who has been a shadow of his terrier-like self this campaign. 

The favourites to sign the 30-year-old are said to be Bayern Munich, who want him to link up with his Italy national team-mate Luca Toni. 

There is also serious interest from the English Premiership. Manchester United have been long-term admirers, however Gattuso’s demise is likely to rule them out. 

Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United would both jump at the chance to sign the player, who has stated openly in the past that he would like to test himself out in the Premiership before he retires. 

A final option is Glasgow Rangers, who Gattuso has deep affection for, having played for them in 1997/98. A move here may also be appealing as Gattuso’s wife is from Scotland. 

source
redbabies
as far as we find a good replacment, its ok for me smile.gif
Tennie
Until actual evidence comes out about this, I'm going to call 'bs' on the article. It's from Repubblica, which is a paper run by rivals of Berlusconi (and keep in mind that elections in Italy are going on right now). The article cites no evidence; it just makes guesses. The only thing I think is right is the motivation issue, which Repubblica's article cites as the reason for Gattuso wanting to move (which I see doesn't even make it into the translation). In the Italian, it's Gattuso who wants out, not Milan that wants to sell him.

Poor translation and hack job from Channel 4 on this one.
Nova
To quote nelson for The Simpsons ; "HAHA !!"

BS
dst
That's not true. We are also going to sell Kaka to start a WHOLE new era! Yup, that's what we're gonna do!

Of course we're keeping Kaladze... cuz some players are just too good! cool.gif
aLbErTo
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 14 2008, 02:04 PM)
That's not true. We are also going to sell Kaka to start a WHOLE new era! Yup, that's what we're gonna do!

Of course we're keeping Kaladze... cuz some players are just too good! cool.gif

lol...yep, and we'll "sign" boriello for 10mio€, who we gave out for free, and is former cracker wink.gif
Zed.D
Gattuso's had the intention of leaving Milan [for Man U I think] before though... he's no Maldini and I wouldn't be really surprised if he left us [/or we sold him] someday. anyway I think this one is bullsh1t. it's stupid to start a new era by offloading Gattuso and not likes of Favalli, Cafu, Serginho, Inzaghi, etc... even if Gattuso has been playing like SH1T this season.
redbabies
Let me tell you one thing:

If our midfield hasn't been at best form this season and if we want to make changes then Gattuso's and Seedorf's positions are the first ones to be re-considered.
han2503
If any of our defensive mids should be sold it would be Brocchi and Emerson, who are both useless to us, thus prompting us to get a real quality defensive mids.

Ambro, Rino and a young quality defensive mid.

We don't need anymore then that and we would be more then covered in that area
fahad
we cannot sell player like him bcoz there wont be many options of what layers to buy without UCL
acid911
As BMWTaylor would say: "Balderdash!" Complete joke this article. It would be far more believable if it was a blog post rather than such high profile article. smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 14 2008, 05:44 PM)
If any of our defensive mids should be sold it would be Brocchi and Emerson, who are both useless to us, thus prompting us to get a real quality defensive mids.

+1 cool.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 14 2008, 05:55 AM)
As BMWTaylor would say: "Balderdash!" Complete joke this article. It would be far more believable if it was a blog post rather than such high profile article. smile.gif

Wow, I've been quoted. I feel so high-and-mighty. That's what Jack should do if he wants to get closer to my heart. biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm always suspicious of articles that begin with "Press reports in Italy suggest..." and the like (Ch4 and Goal.com are constantly guilty of this). That's your instant-BS detector right there.
acid911
Hah, you're climbing the ladder of fame, Miz. Keep on working! cool.gif And yeah, you're right these fishy (pun always intended, Tennie tongue.gif) articles. Another good indicator is that they don't have a quote from the players/officials. This, too, is another sure-fire-giveaway sign of low credibility.
Fillipo Simone
BS Gattuso is Milanese forever.. smile.gif
m1ke
Agree with everyone here. Although I think that Rino would be the most likely to leave out of our 'first choice' midfield.
kurtsimonw
Ooo, nice avatar Mike!

While I'm not Rino's biggest fan,I wouldn't like him to leave and this has just been created for the sake of it. On form, he can be very important to us, which will hopefully happen alot more next season.

By the way, I don't think he'll retire in Milan. He'll be playing for the Gers in the not too distant future.
Bluesummers
lol if he were leaving, seedorf and about 8 others would be leaving too. rolleyes.gif Sometimes i think these journalists have the same intelligence as bush. There are no quotes and no statements from the club about him wanting to leave or being unhappy at all this year.
misha
The only thing I have to say about that article is puke.gif

QUOTE (m1ke @ Apr 14 2008, 07:45 PM)
Agree with everyone here. Although I think that Rino would be the most likely to leave out of our 'first choice' midfield.

I would cut Seedorf first (as long as we are buying a suitable replacement).
dst
Mike changed his ava!

Giggity giggity! biggrin.gif
Habitant
emerson, brocchi out

gattuso and ambro take turns in the starting 11
mishie
He has said before that he would like to finish his career back at Rangers but at 30 i think it's to early to be thinking of that. I think a EPL club 1st then Rangers either way i wouldn't be to sad to see him go as long as a replacement was found 1st
august_milan
QUOTE (Habitant @ Apr 14 2008, 11:30 AM)
emerson, brocchi out

gattuso and ambro take turns in the starting 11

for me this is the smartest thing to do. doesnt disrupt the core of the team, we keep players that can still be useful to the team and make use of players we dont use or need to make room for players we need. also to give thoes players a chance to play first team football at another club.
sansiro1708
this article is a joke
LaPalma
Rofl @ this news.

Hope this avatar isn't m1ke new way of stalling milanfan v.2 and keep us quiet wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
He's been hiding behind the R20 excuse for a long time.

MF v2 can't come till AC Milan v2 does. biggrin.gif
redbabies
Real Madrid To Make Gattuso Bid – Report

Real Madrid are set to make a significant offer to sign Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, according to reports in Italy.

Gattuso has had a very disappointing season for the Rossoneri, and has looked a shadow of his former terrier-like self. 

The Italian press yesterday reported that Milan were looking to begin a new era at the club by offloading the hardman. 

This has alerted Real Madrid, who are ready to make a €20m bid for the player, a quite significant fee for someone who recently turned 30.    ohmy.gif

The Spanish-giants are looking for a new defensive dirty-man, as they are almost certain to sell Mahamadou Diarra in the summer, with the Malian likely to end up at Inter Milan. 

There are also reports that former Milan midfielder Massimo Donati, now at Celtic, has told the Rossoneri that he would be willing to rejoin them. 

The 27-year-old left San Siro for Glasgow last summer in a £3m deal, however there has been speculation that he is homesick and wants to return back to his home country.

for €20m I'd give Brochinho with him too. biggrin.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 15 2008, 10:13 AM)
He's been hiding behind the R20 excuse for a long time.

MF v2 can't come till AC Milan v2 does. biggrin.gif

so I guess we'll wait a little longer... tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^

laugh.gif

Much longer....don't you know we've been the most successful Fan forum for Milan in the past 5 years. All of us members shouldn't forget that before we turn on m1ke.

We still have world class posters like Porty and dst and even though nowadays mishale is like Ronaldo (makes one post and is 'injured' for the next three months), Ash did a Sheva because he wanted to learn 'Computer Science' in England (mad.gif), we've got the very talented Locke on loan from Arsenal, and co-ownership of kurt from Villa, and these are future prospects that m1ke really feels will develop.

laugh.gif We should do this really....put out a new thread where you equate each person with which Milan personality he most resembles.

m1ke I think you're gonna get Galliani whether you like it or not. Maybe we can make Max Braida. tongue.gif
m1ke
^^ Hah! Who's Ba?
fresh_prince7
More importantly.. who's gila?

So who would you be jack..
Tennie
(New thread 'Who's who?' opened up for further comparisons.)
whoarethepatriots
This is a poor move as we have such inadequate backups. If this were to happen then it would be essential to get Flamini and Dessena, or someone similar

We should also pick up Cigarini as a backup to Pirlo
littlechris
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 14 2008, 11:35 AM)

I'm not fully in support of selling gattuso, we have lame like brochii and emerson in the team those players including ambrossini perform less. but if gattuso says he want to leave and if that that we do both party good then so be it. selling gattuso will give the team money and more chance to bring in young players like aqualiani and flamini. if milan sell gattuso replacing him will not be a problem, but gattuso is one of the few players that have the true milan and italian spirit. one last question is ambrossini unsellable or no team is showing interest on him.
morgoth
These articles are pure crap, since berlu used R10 for his campaign , it's most probably some kind of political battle sleep.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 15 2008, 07:52 PM)
These articles are pure crap, since berlu used R10 for his campaign , it's most probably some kind of political battle  sleep.gif

Yeah .. I believe it's just BS.

It's clear Gennaro is off-form, still he remains a very effective player when on-form. In other words, he is one of those players that you do not part ways with. Kind of like Makelele-Madrid.
morgoth
Secondo l'emittente satellitare Sky, Luca Toni avrebbe chiesto alla dirigenza di portare in Baviera due-tre italiani, necessari per disputare una Champions di alto livello nella prossima stagione. L'ex ariete viola vorrebbe in particolare Rino Gattuso, che sembra ai ferri corti con la squadra del presidente Berlusconi. Il Milan potrebbe rimpiazzare il centrocampista calabrese con Diarra, mediano poco utlizzato dal Real Madrid, che piace anche all'Inter di Moratti.

ohmy.gif It says that Toni could was hitting at Rino when he told Bayern to sign more italians for next season, and Milan could replace him with Diarra blink.gif
I say no chance sleep.gif

Source
Tennie
Given that Maldini said flat out that Milan has no intention of selling Rino and that Rino doesn't want to leave (see interview in the 'Maldini thread for particulars)....don't think it's gonna happen.
morgoth
Me too, it's not really Milan style to do so dry.gif
But Diarra is really tempting ... If we didn't have great Ambro tongue.gif
morgoth
"Non si puo` immaginare un Milan senza Gattuso ne` un Milan senza Champions"

Kaka cool.gif king.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 17 2008, 10:52 PM)
Secondo l'emittente satellitare Sky,  Luca Toni avrebbe chiesto alla dirigenza di portare in Baviera due-tre italiani, necessari per disputare una Champions di alto livello nella prossima stagione. L'ex ariete viola vorrebbe in particolare Rino Gattuso, che sembra ai ferri corti con la squadra del presidente Berlusconi. Il Milan potrebbe rimpiazzare il centrocampista calabrese con Diarra, mediano poco utlizzato dal Real Madrid, che piace anche all'Inter di Moratti.

ohmy.gif It says that Toni could was hitting at Rino when he told Bayern to sign more italians for next season, and Milan could replace him with Diarra blink.gif
I say no chance sleep.gif

Source

Even Bayern manager Uli Hoeneß said that it'd be almost impossible to sign Rino. He also said, that as far as he knows Rino is not for sale.
bayern will most likely try to sign Flamini instead.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Apr 18 2008, 04:05 PM)
Even Bayern manager Uli Hoeneß said that it'd be almost impossible to sign Rino. He also said, that as far as he knows Rino is not for sale.
bayern will most likely try to sign Flamini instead.

Very good. Two flies with one shot.
dst
Man Utd move for Gattuso
Sunday 20 April, 2008

Reports in Italy suggest Gennaro Gattuso is heading from the Diavolo to the Red Devils at Old Trafford this summer.

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti denied the midfielder was ready to walk out on his team, insisting he was “100 per cent” sure to remain.

Yet rumours of Gattuso’s imminent departure continue to circulate and so far the candidates have included Glasgow Rangers, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

The latest newspaper reports in Italy have found a new and more likely destination – Manchester United.

Sir Alex Ferguson has never disguised his admiration for the World Cup winner and is ready to over a four-year contract worth £3m per season net.

Milan had previously turned down an approach for the midfielder in the wake of the Champions League Final debacle in Istanbul.

It is claimed that Gattuso has already agreed basic personal terms with United and Milan would be willing to release him after nine years of service.

However, the Rossoneri are not ready to let him go for the proposed £10m and want a higher offer for the 30-year-old.

Clarence Seedorf is also considering moving on with interest from Bayern Munich and Valencia.

Upfront Alberto Gilardino is almost certain to leave in the summer with offers from Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Roma.

channel4

I want Gattuso to stay but if he is the one who wants to go then I'd try to work on a swap deal with United's Anderson!

Hmm... that means another Brazilian and one less Italian... now Tennie's after me!
KillerMax
Gattuso and Seedorf leaving in the same year? Oh..K... laugh.gif

Now that they are FINALLY Milan's favorite age they're gonna just leave? Over Galliani's dead body I say...
fahad
sell everyone buy R10 i dont know what are we trying brocchi a regular next season?
morgoth
Here's the interview of Kaka after today's match, the last question is about Gattuso and the journalist asks him (at least this is what I understood) If Rino can change his mind, Kaka answers "difficile" ohmy.gif !!! Can anyone confirm that? Tennie maybe?

ControCampo's Article about Rino's possible departure sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.