Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheva Makes Emotional Ancelotti Phone Call
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2
redbabies
Andriy Shevchenko reportedly made an emotional heartfelt phone call to Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, begging him to re-sign him.

Shevchenko had seven glorious years at Milan from 1999 to 2006, scoring a magnificent 127 goals in just 208 games. 

He left San Siro in the summer of 2006 to join Premiership giants Chelsea, however his time in England has been nothing short of disastrous. 

Shevchenko is desperate to leave Chelsea, and would do anything to return to his beloved Milan. 

Over the last week or so Rossoneri President Silvio Berlusconi has declared his intention to re-sign the Ukrainian, however coach Carlo Ancelotti has expressed doubts over whether the striker is too similar to Alexandre Pato. 

In an attempt to persuade Carletto otherwise, Shevchenko is said to have made a heartfelt phone call to the Milan boss, pleading that he bring him back to San Siro. 

"I am motivated, I want to come back and be at your complete disposal", was the essence of the message from Sheva. 

Shevchenko has scored just four Premiership goals this season, and is currently working his way back to fitness following injury.

----------
goal.com
---------
Nova
Poor sheva ... If you had only stayed at Milan ...
arivanjj
i'd love to see him in Rossoneri jersey once again... i just get the feeling that he'll find his confidence if he comes back...

not so sure about the liability of this article though...

btw i still haven't taken off his poster off my wall sleep.gif blush.gif
arivanjj
found this one SP.

QUOTE ('Cuore Rossonero @ Apr 10 2008, 07:17 PM)

Sheva telefona a Ancelotti: Mi rivuoi al Milan?
Gio 10 Apr, 09:00 AM

Dopo aver ricevuto il sì del presidente Berlusconi, l'attaccante ucraino del Chelsea, Shevchenko ha telefonato all'allenatore rossonero Carlo Ancelotti per evitare incomprensioni sul suo ritorno al Milan: "Mi vuoi? Non voglio ripetere l'esperienza vissuta in Inghilterra". Sheva si è messo a completa disposizione del tecnico e non ha preteso il posto, aggiungendo che si metterà al servizio di Pato.

Eurosport Italia

After receiving the 'Yes' from Club President Berlusconi, the Ukrainian forward of Chelsea, Shevchenko has called Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti to avoid any misunderstandings on his return to Milan: "Do you want me? I don't want to repeat the experience lived in England". Shevchenko puts himself at the complete disposition of the coach and has not predetermined his place, adding that he will put himself at Pato's service.

Shevchenko's return is 99%. Let's get 'Dinho now! smile.gif
armiss
Ronnie is close too !
omahawi
this is actually believable and makes me sad. i still hold a place in my heart for sheva but i never thought i would want him back. we should bring him back for cheap if we can and make sure he understands he will be a 3rd string like pippo is until he finds his form.

this feels like the story of the child who would not listen to his parents. he went and did what his parents had warned him about. he failed miserably. he has now realized his mistake and is beging for his parents to accept his return.
kurtsimonw
I'd rather have Sheva than R10, that's for sure. Sheva is proven is Serie A and tries to play football. Ronaldinho would rather keep the ball in the centre circle and just be left alone to do his party tricks.
jefri91
I would love for him to come back, but he wont be the same when he does..
jefri91
btw if he does come what number will he get
kurtsimonw
I'd suspect he'd probably wear 77.
fahad
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 10 2008, 06:52 PM)
I'd suspect he'd probably wear 77.

and if Ronaldinho will come he will wear 100 then
jefri91
QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 10 2008, 02:06 PM)
and if Ronaldinho will come he will wear 100 then

or 9+1 laugh.gif
anyone remember? unsure.gif
fahad
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 10 2008, 07:16 PM)
or 9+1  laugh.gif
anyone remember?  unsure.gif
if he comes ilan will give him 10 because if we give him his full sponsor stuff then 10 will be require bcoz R10 is a NIKE brand 9+1 wont work and i think sheva will get 7 bcoz pato wont create a problem in changing his number
jefri91
QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 10 2008, 02:24 PM)
if he comes ilan will give him 10 because if we give him his full sponsor stuff then 10 will be require bcoz R10 is a NIKE brand 9+1 wont work and i think sheva will get 7 bcoz pato wont create a problem in changing his number

im such a genious, R9+1 will be the new R10.

I smell $$ blink.gif
jefri91

Ronaldo wore number ten at inter and bam bam was 9. then nike made a bid to supply inter on the condition that ronaldo get 9. he did and bam bam was given 18, and he was pissed but moratti did not want to lose him so he let him do that, it was funny imo
dst
QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 10 2008, 04:24 PM)

Haha! Sheva would even get number 7!?? No way!
Tennie
Probably 77 if he comes. I hope he doesn't -- I hope that Berlusconi wakes up and sees all the reasons why this is a very bad idea.
whoarethepatriots
I would welcome him

He would be cheap, has lots of experience, can handle the pressure of big games, knows the sqaud well so there will be virtually no intergration time, and he wont have a huge inflated ego that needs to be catered for.

When we bought R99, i thought he was washed up. He was unfit, not in good form and i doubted his motivations, look how he turned out.

Sheva is pretty much all of those and i think he has a major point to prove, which is massive motivation

If he did come, i will probably never love him the same way i used to, but the affection still definetly lingers

Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 10 2008, 06:45 PM)
I hope that Berlusconi wakes up and sees all the reasons why this is a very bad idea.

That's the bad part of being like a family wink.gif no professionalism it seems...
fahad
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 10 2008, 08:04 PM)
Haha! Sheva would even get number 7!?? No way!

lets see i say he will get 7 if he comes back
Zed.D
QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 10 2008, 08:10 PM)
lets see i say he will get 7 if he comes back

Impossible...
han2503
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 10 2008, 02:36 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Typical thing for Inter to do something so rediculous laugh.gif
han2503
Personally I've gotten over his desicion to leave and would welcome him back, it's a waste to see such a player wasting away at a club that is not even worthy of him.

If we get him at the right price I wouldn't have any problem with him back at Milan think of this attack

Sheva, Pato, Pippo, Gila(maybe), Berbatov/Gomez, Ronaldo(if we decide to renew)

With Kaka and R10

Gila and R9 are big if's for next season but if we decide to give them another chance for next season and new players are injected to the team not only Sheva and R10 but also Zambrotta who is a fullback we need and guys like Pippo and Gila feed off of because they're better with their head. And someone who can step in for Pirlo so that he doesn't get run down I think Gila will be back and if R9 stays aways from injuries he'll get goals for fun.

Edit* btw, I know that is 6 attackers but Pippo and R9 are injury prone and you can never rely on them
vnata001
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 10 2008, 09:50 AM)
Personally I've gotten over his desicion to leave and would welcome him back, it's a waste to see such a player wasting away at a club that is not even worthy of him.

If we get him at the right price I wouldn't have any problem with him back at Milan think of this attack

Sheva, Pato, Pippo, Gila(maybe), Berbatov/Gomez, Ronaldo(if we decide to renew)

With Kaka and R10

Gila and R9 are big if's for next season but if we decide to give them another chance for next season and new players are injected to the team not only Sheva and R10 but also Zambrotta who is a fullback we need and guys like Pippo and Gila feed off of because they're better with their head. And someone who can step in for Pirlo so that he doesn't get run down I think Gila will be back and if R9 stays aways from injuries he'll get goals for fun.

Edit* btw, I know that is 6 attackers but Pippo and R9 are injury prone and you can never rely on them

^^^^ agreed.

the ronaldinho and sheva moves should NOT spell the end of our transfer campaign. We need fullbacks and a pirlo replacement! I'm interested to see what will happen with yoaan. I wish we could sign Zizou to our coaching staff or something!
MizNelson
Andriy Shevchenko reportedly made an emotional heartfelt phone call to Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti, begging him to re-sign him.

Absolutely pathetic.

Tough nuggets, Sheva, since you wanted to leave SO badly before while pulling the wool over our eyes in the process. Go suck an egg.
m1ke
I completely understand why most Milanfans wouldn't want Sheva back. But, Sheva is Sheva to me. If he is man enough to admit his mistake, then why shouldn't we welcome him back considering all he did for us?

I don't know if he can return to the level he was at before. Infact, I doubt he can. Also, he'd take up our only non-eu spot for the summer. But, if it's a loan deal then why not? My head says no, but my heart says yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuqQJUYu4xs
Habitant
i'm not against this cuz i'm upset with sheva, i just want that non-eu spot for sumone who can help us long term.
morgoth
(I'm going to post this before I watch the video Mike posted)

I think it would be a step backward if we take him back, especially since he's not going to warm the bench, player like Pato, Sheva, R99 and Gila are starters or should be.

I think that over the years I finally understood how Milan board thinks, they wont buy a 32 year old player to warm the bench, at least not one like sheva, as I see things if they're going to bring him back then Gila is definitely leaving, plus R10 means one striker I can't see Carlo playing with two strikers and Kaka and R10, it would be unbalanced.

All in all, next year we should have Pato, Pippo, R99, Paloschi, and Gila/Sheva/Boriello/R10, considering R99 and Pippo wont play all the games we should look for a solid partner for Pato, if it was up to me I'd pick Gomez but we all know it's just a dream rolleyes.gif
Portman
He's over. Plus what he did to Milan, he doesn't deserve my respect.
We shouldn't spend a cent on him nor in a 31 yo anymore.

PS: Remember what he did in his first official goal with Chelsea? Yes... I didn't forget the kiss in their badge. http://youtube.com/watch?v=JYrYpmzmol0

He can fck off.
redbabies
1. it would be a mistake to sign him
2. if he signs and takes no.7 from Pato, its another HUGE mistake, which might hurt Pato
3. Kaka and Pato might try in their careers to do a "Sheva", by wanting to go to another club and then when they aren't needed anymore at that club, they would always go back to "Mother Teresa" Milan!
Bluesummers
what a waste of a transfer. He takes a non-euro spot. JC Galliani and silvio don't know how to use logic when deducting transfers do they.
redbabies
Are you sure Sheva is counted as non-EU? unsure.gif He played in Milan for 7 years, and I think you can get citizenship for 5 years or so...

He's also living in EU for 9 years, while Dinho's living here much shorter unsure.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 11 2008, 11:58 AM)
Are you sure Sheva is counted as non-EU? unsure.gif He played in Milan for 7 years, and I think you can get citizenship for 5 years or so...

He's also living in EU for 9 years, while Dinho's living here much shorter  unsure.gif

Ukraine arent a memeber state of the EU, so maybe thats why he is considered a non EU player
Tennie
Shevchenko wouldn't be an EU transfer. Ukraine isn't a member and he doesn't have a second passport.
mishie
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 11 2008, 02:01 PM)
Shevchenko wouldn't be an EU transfer. Ukraine isn't a member and he doesn't have a second passport.

Even with a EU passport he has had his time choose to move and i for 1 don't want to see him come back as for R10 not sure i want him to but he will arrive with all the paraphernalia that surrounds him sad.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Apr 11 2008, 02:58 PM)
Ukraine arent a memeber state of the EU, so maybe thats why he is considered a non EU player

QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 11 2008, 03:01 PM)

I know that Ukraine isn't in EU.

But the point was, how Sheva couldn't get EU citizenship while he lived in Italy for 7 years!

Dinho got EU citizenship in Spain after 3 and a half years!
aLbErTo
ohhh people come on...stop playing, how can you change your mind every 5 seconds, i'm sure more then half of you were posting here "yeees rony yeees" in the begining of season....as is for sheva, "why did he go, why this why that"...i'm sure sheva is solution for our attack (his & milan problem started when he left, so what's the logical solution??), who the f*** is amauri, new gilardino, come on guys, get real...amauri has 6 tough matches in season, and i'm sure he wasnt decicive in more then 2 of them...i'd welcome sheva with both hands back, he'd need 1 week to fit in back in the squad, and ronny wouldn't have problem neither as we have so many brazilian...we should spend milions on another player from palermo, i think you know who...
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (redbabies @ Apr 11 2008, 04:22 PM)
I know that Ukraine isn't in EU.

But the point was, how Sheva couldn't get EU citizenship while he lived in Italy for 7 years!

Dinho got EU citizenship in Spain after 3 and a half years!

I think Sheva purposely declined an Italian Passport, due to nationalism. He wants to be Ukrainian, and only Ukrainian
weeeow
“He has forgotten Italian and that’s why he wants to return,” he joked. “Seriously though, I got the impression that he wanted to come back to Milan.

LOL @ Carlo saying Sheva wants to re-learn Italian! tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif

Carletto does not look keen to have him back.
redbabies
^^^
Only Silvio wants him back. No one else! Not the coach, not the players!
kurtsimonw
Maybe Carlo will issue an ultimatum about the Sheva situation and say he will leave if they bring him in..? BRING IN SHEVA!
fahad
What i read is that we could be getting sheva on loan for 2 years if that happens it will that be a Non EU transfer i mean does loan mean the same??
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 12 2008, 01:28 PM)
Maybe Carlo will issue an ultimatum about the Sheva situation and say he will leave if they bring him in..? BRING IN SHEVA!

I'd rather keep Carlo than get Sheva!!

QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 12 2008, 01:33 PM)
What i read is that we could be getting sheva on loan for 2 years if that happens it will that be a Non EU transfer i mean does loan mean the same??

Yes what about this?
redbabies
QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 12 2008, 12:33 PM)

logically it should mean the same unsure.gif

if getting a non-EU on loan doesn't count, then we can sign 3-4 non-EU on loan and buy each of them every summer!
Fillipo Simone
Well, I dunno. Sheva sure isn't finished and still has a lot to offer, but the things @Porty mention make me scream NO! It's maybe miraculous but we agree,..

But wether Sheva comes or not should be the concern of Carlo, Paolo, Rino and the rest of the team. If they want him back, or agree with the possible transfer, I'd say YES.

A Sheva move although would be a step backward. We made the right choice by letting him go 2 years ago, a choice for the futur. It helped us to rebuild the attack, it gave space for Pato and Paloschi to be tested and for Gilardino to prove once and for all he's not up to the role. Bringing Anriy back would be like making a step back into the past.

On the other hand, Milan never had a constant striker duo. Gre-No-Li was the last one, after that we were allways rotating our pair. Like Weah-Bierhoff, Bierhoff-Sheva, Sheva-Pippo, etc. And we now have Pato as a fix and constant future striker. Sheva could be of some us, although his comback would make much more sense months earlier in the winter break. He's the ideal fast solution - know all about Milan, Serie A and winning.
maldini03
I think Sheva should return. I think Ronaldo should leave and pippo should retire. They are both way past their prime though i am grateful for what they have done they are taking the place of a forward who can contribute more.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Apr 12 2008, 02:59 PM)
I think Sheva should return. I think Ronaldo should leave and pippo should retire. They are both way past their prime though i am grateful for what they have done they are taking the place of a forward who can contribute more.

will probably happen. I agree though i think now its more likely that were gonan need sheva. Eventhough he is gonna be 32 at least he is someone who can put a little bit of threat in our attack.
fahad
and he will have a point to prove
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (maldini03 @ Apr 12 2008, 08:59 PM)

Pippo should play on at least one year. He still has a lot to teach Paloschi and the other young strikers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.