Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galliani explains Intertoto entry
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
arivanjj
Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has discussed the prospect of playing in the Intertoto Cup, as the Diavolo struggle to secure European football.

These are strange times for the world champions, who find themselves four points short of fourth-placed Fiorentina and a Champions League qualification.

While the Rossoneri are currently in joint fifth place, Udinese are just one point behind and there is a possibility that Carlo Ancelotti’s men could finish seventh, possibly missing out on the UEFA Cup.

“We even signed up for the Intertoto Cup when we were top of the League and were 40 points ahead of seventh,” Galliani explained to the Corriere dello Sport.

“Don’t forget that Ancelotti won the Intertoto Cup with Juventus. And if he did it with Juve, I don’t see why he shouldn’t with Milan.”

Should Milan be forced to compete in the competition, they will face a number of selection problems.

The Final is set for June 29 and several key players could be ruled out, as they require a rest before travelling to the Olympics in Beijing on August 6.

Intertoto commitments would also interfere with entering potentially lucrative summer events, such as the Moscow pre-season tournament, which sould net the club nearly £1m.

Channel4
arivanjj
laugh.gif ?
kurtsimonw
This club has hit a new low, why on earth have Milan applied for the InterToto!? Are they that scared about not finishing in the top 6 or so? Man, it would be just my luck though, Villa go into the InterToto and have to play Milan, fantastic. dry.gif
redbabies
Its a pity his name is Adriano. He should be called Joker Galliani. He fits to every situation.

Even if he was asked: Did you think about relegation? He would say: YES, of course! (well with the players we have... impossible is nothing wink.gif )
han2503
Oh my....

I can't believe that we've actually become this low
Fillipo Simone
No comment,..
dst
The World Champions playing in the Intertoto Cup! Thank you Galliani!! smile.gif
kurtsimonw
If we do end up playing in it, he'll just say it's another trophy to add to the collection!
Devillito
cry.gif

god, we've become a joke!!
Ry4n
Intertoto cup......err anything with the name Inter in it can't be good tongue.gif
Tennie
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Apr 8 2008, 10:27 AM)
Intertoto cup......err anything with the name Inter in it can't be good tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Good one. The fish doll offers you a cookie. 96.gif
weeeow
LOL blink.gif

I mean WHAT THE MERDA??????????? huh.gif
misha
It would be funny if it weren't so sad...
Ry4n
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 8 2008, 02:34 PM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Good one. The fish doll offers you a cookie.  96.gif

Grazie king.gif
Kosovarian
Oh my fuckin' god. We're become a joke. Playing in intertoto. blink.gif huh.gif
Portman
Geez. We're a f joke.
I_Rossoneri
LMFAO @ some of the previous posts biggrin.gif

As for the Intertoto...enough said already wink.gif
Brian Birkin
He probably figures it's the best taking no risks which I agree with.
I remember reading what a poet said about italian football.

"If things go bad for one year it's no big deal, since Milan is a big club they always come back. However if things go bad for 3-4 years then it might be time to worry."

Even if we play in this cup then it's not the end of the world, part of being a major club is to be able to come back from downsides.
Habitant
hhaha this guy is a bloody joke laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

how can anyone like this guy? he make milan look like a joke.
kurtsimonw
He practically spits in the face of every Milan fan with each of his interviews. The lies, broken promises and ridiculous things he comes out with.. I've never known anybody like him in football.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.