Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silvio stands by his men
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
m1ke
Silvio Berlusconi has given Milan tactician Carlo Ancelotti a vote of confidence and has faith in his squad, even if he is eyeing reinforcements.

There have been suggestions that Ancelotti’s reign will come to an end this summer should he fail to clinch fourth place and Champions League football.

However, it seems that President Berlusconi feels a thin squad is the cause of the Diavolo’s disappointing campaign.

“Ancelotti is part of the Milan family and I expect him to be here in the coming years,” he said on Radio Radio. “But a great side has to have more champions.

“We had to deal with the serious injury to Ronaldo and this team was built on having a battering ram like him up front with Alexandre Pato and Kaka in behind creating things.

“Still, we have a squad full of great players, even if they are getting older. Paolo Maldini will probably retire, but we aren’t ageing too badly. We just need to look to youth for our reinforcements.”

Meanwhile, the Rossoneri are reportedly closing in on a deal for unsettled Barcelona star Ronaldinho.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan have prepared a four-year contract to offer the Brazilian star and they will present it to his brother and agent Roberto Assis within the week.
m1ke
This summer promises to be an exciting one!
arivanjj
QUOTE (m1ke @ Apr 7 2008, 10:29 PM)
This summer promises to be an exciting one!

indeed smile.gif can't wait haha!
Ry4n
Hope we sign Ronaldinho soon !!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Apr 7 2008, 12:37 PM)

I hope we don't!
fahad
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Apr 7 2008, 05:37 PM)

yea we should try to get the deal done b4 anyone comes in
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 7 2008, 02:18 PM)
I hope we don't!

lol
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 7 2008, 04:18 PM)
I hope we don't!

Me too! smile.gif
Il Capitano
I'll wait before getting my hopes up because i've heard this BS before.
Ry4n
DP
Ry4n
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 7 2008, 05:54 PM)
Me too! smile.gif

^^

Whats wrong with him ?

And if we sign him will your feeling change about him ?
dst
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Apr 7 2008, 08:53 PM)
Whats wrong with him ?

And if we sign him will your feeling change about him ?

He is exactly what we do not need; he has won everything there is to win (oh wait, he has not won the CWC... rolleyes.gif), his game has entered a downward spiral, he thinks the whole world is against him, he plays for himself, he only cares about his image, he is a party animal,... , he simply is not for Milan! Unless we've become like Madrid ie we look first at one player's marketing value rather than football value...
redbabies
With all the doubt of most people that Ronnie isn't a good choice for Milan, I still believe he might exactly be what we need.

He would be motivated, coz if he won CH.L with Barca doesn't mean that he'll not be motivated to win it with Milan, in contrary he'd try even harder to make 2 C.L. titles.

Milan is another story, and he'd try to make history with Milan too..... after all he's 28 which is the time when players must be at the peek of their careers.

If we can sign Ronnie & Gomez, our attacking department would be close to perfection, and I wouldn't care if we keep Gila or if we bring back Borrielo or Oli.

Go for RONNIE!!
redbabies
Berlusconi: Dinho wants Milan

President Silvio Berlusconi has reiterated that “if Ronaldinho leaves Barcelona, he’ll only join Milan.”
The patron has long named Ronaldinho as a prime transfer target and seems set to make a swoop this summer for the unsettled Brazilian.

“We are doing everything possible to bring Ronaldinho to Milan,” explained Berlusconi.

“He has said he won’t go to any other squad, only to the World Club champions.”

The Rossoneri won the Champions League, European Super Cup and Club World Cup in 2007, becoming the side with the most non-domestic silverware in history.

Chelsea, Inter, Juventus and Manchester City have also been linked with Ronaldinho, but Berlusconi assures there is only one team in this race.

“Ronaldinho would gladly join us, not least because there are many Brazilian teammates here waiting for him and he knows at Milan we treat everyone very well.”

Yet today agent Roberto Assis warned there was no guarantee his client would leave the Nou Camp at all.

“Ronaldinho has a contract until 2010 and I am not looking for any other option,” he told Don Balon.

Assis was spotted last week in a dinner meeting with Rossoneri general manager Adriano Galliani.
Bluesummers
de assis should stfu and stop trying to create more controversy. His brother is obviously being treated very badly and he acts as if he doesn't care about his non=playing, booing and overall BS he recieves from fc hype.

he should stfu and help r20 resolve the issues with the club so that he can come here and play with a relaxed mind and not worry about doing 50 stepovers or deking 20 people out at a time in order to please the fans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.