Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galliani in Ronaldinho dinner
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Dildil
Galliani in Ronaldinho dinner
3.4 || webmaster

Football Italia

Milan are once more being linked with unsettled Barcelona star Ronaldinho after Vice-President Adriano Galliani met with the Brazilian’s agent.

The two-time FIFA World Player of the Year has completely fallen out with Barça and wasn’t even in Frank Rijkaard’s Champions League squad against Schalke.

Although he is under contract at the Nou Camp until 2010, ‘Dinho will almost certainly leave the club in the summer.

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi had been determined to lure the 28-year-old to San Siro, but seemed to have gone cold on the idea recently.

However, Galliani met Ronaldinho’s brother and agent Roberto Assis and market consultant Ernesto Bronzetti for dinner yesterday after a three-month hiatus and rumours suggest that the hunt may be back on.

It has been suggested that it would take around £12m to sign ‘Dinho and that the former PSG man would be willing to take a pay cut from his current £5m salary per year.

The fee would be a considerable reduction on the £30m quoted this time last year, but there is still the possibility Ronaldinho could use FIFA Article 17 to escape Barça.

Article 17 allows players to buy out their contract at a club as long as they are at least 28 and have spent three years at a club.

While Galliani’s meeting with Assis may have been to discuss Ronaldinho, it is equally likely that they were talking about Ricardo Oliveira, who is also a client of Assis.

The Rossoneri-owned hitman has been on loan to Real Zaragoza and has impressed with 11 La Liga goals, but the Spaniards seem unwilling to invest £10m to make the deal permanent.

please any player in Milan but not Ronaldinho I just hate him to
death beside he will not aadjust to Milan play
Warchant
you know he's kind of cocky and kind of arrogant...but he's an excellent soccer player. i don't care what you do or don't like about the guy he gives any team an improvement.

seeing as we have done NOTHING the past 2 years in the summer i'd be very open to taking him. especially if that meant not letting inter grab yet another great player out from under us.

i also disagree that he wouldn't adjust to milan's style. he'd be playing with 3 (possibly 4) other brazilian strikers...i think he'd do just fine.
Darunia
I wonder if Gallani wants to bring Oli back. Hopefully Zaragoza will pay the money for him, it seems he fits in well there. As for Ronaldinho.. he won't come if we don't finish in 4th place, and even then he's not worth it unless we can get him for cheap.
Tennie
I don't think Oliveira is part of this current discussion. Porty will know for sure, but I believe I've read that Oli has a new manager.
I_Rossoneri
I don't particularly want R10 at Milan, but it would be a major coup for the Serie A. The question is would he be prepared to miss out on CL next season?
kurtsimonw
One thing that worries me is this.

Ronaldinho was an absoloute beast at Barca, Messi was young and not as well known at the time and Eto'o is oft injured, so R10 was the star. Enter Messi, Bojan, Henry, Dos Santos.. R10 loses form and he's no longer the main focus. I've always thought he was a me first, team second kind of player. And I'm not sure he'd enjoy it in Milan, Kaka' and Pato will be the focus of the team, not him. He wouldn't be pleased.
dst
^^ Definitely! He needs to be the star of the show...

And recently, he said something about people who want to destroy Ronaldinho. In my view, when you start seeing invisible enemies and refer to yourself in 3rd person, the beginning of the end has already began...
redbabies
bone appetit!
fahad
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 5 2008, 11:18 AM)
One thing that worries me is this.

Ronaldinho was an absoloute beast at Barca, Messi was young and not as well known at the time and Eto'o is oft injured, so R10 was the star. Enter Messi, Bojan, Henry, Dos Santos.. R10 loses form and he's no longer the main focus. I've always thought he was a me first, team second kind of player. And I'm not sure he'd enjoy it in Milan, Kaka' and Pato will be the focus of the team, not him. He wouldn't be pleased.

well one thing is certain if R10 gets back to his best i think he is then the best player in the planet
kurtsimonw
Problem is that he won't get back to his best while he isn't the centre of attention. Maybe in Arsenal where they have no 'stars' as such. But Barca, Inter, Milan, Madrid? He'd be 'just another player'.
fahad
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 5 2008, 03:39 PM)
Problem is that he won't get back to his best while he isn't the centre of attention. Maybe in Arsenal where they have no 'stars' as such. But Barca, Inter, Milan, Madrid? He'd be 'just another player'.

if aresenal dont have stars then pato is also not a star so we dont have any stars in attack rite now ( piipo maybe )... R10 will be the star stiker i think he will bounce back KA-PA-RO version 2
Nova
Kaka-Pato-Ronaldinho ... That I can live to see that day...

Make it happen berlusconi !!!!

king.gif king.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 5 2008, 10:46 AM)
if aresenal dont have stars then pato is also not a star so we dont have any stars in attack rite now ( piipo maybe )... R10 will be the star stiker i think he will bounce back KA-PA-RO version 2

My mom knows Ronaldo, Kaka' and Maldini, but couldn't tell you anybody in the Arsenal squad. That's what I mean by 'stars', players that're recognised by many.
redbabies
Milan make £16m Dinho bid

Milan’s Ronaldinho swoop is gathering pace as after Adriano Galliani’s dinner with his agent, it’s claimed the club has offered £16m.

The Rossoneri have not disguised their renewed interest in the unsettled Barcelona star and Galliani met with agent Roberto Assis on Wednesday.

When asked about the rumours of a transfer, President Silvio Berlusconi did not hold back. “We live in hope,” he said, then made a gesture with his hand to suggest the deal was nearly done.

An injury has ended his season, so it seems as if Ronaldinho has played his final game for Barca, but there are other clubs interested too.

As Juventus, Inter and Chelsea are all tracking the former World and European Player of the Year, Milan intend to go straight to the source.

Under the FIFA rules, Ronaldinho could extricate himself from his Barcelona contract at a cost of just £10.5m.

However, the Rossoneri hope to get the club on side by refusing to take that route, instead offering a more substantial £16m.

This could give them the upper hand in negotiations, allowing both the player and clubs to reach an amicable agreement.

It remains an absolute bargain for Milan, considering last year the price-tag requested was £40m.

However, it must also be noted that he is reportedly requesting a four-year contract worth £6.3m per season, vastly increasing the economic burden of this operation.

Other clubs are looking to a different approach, as it is claimed Inter chief Massimo Moratti is aiming to get Nike in on the deal.

Juventus are also interested, as are Chelsea, so the race for Ronaldinho is on.
kurtsimonw
It is a fairly low price, but that won't be for much longer. I can see Inter and Chelsea getting into a bidding war and moving the price up quite a bit. Y'never know, though.
redbabies
^^^
He'll go where he wanna go.

If he wanna come to Milan, no one can stop his transfer.

At the end of the day he might use that FIFA rule which would allow him to leave for £10.5m and sign for which club he wants.

But I guess Milan doesn't prefer that rule.... maybe coz it shows lack of respect towards Barca... rolleyes.gif
agenth
R10 & Kaka just are NOT compatible...

but I guess we need ANOTHER stupid summer transfer to seal our pathetic fate...
KillerMax
QUOTE (mchanna @ Apr 5 2008, 05:31 AM)
but I guess we need ANOTHER stupid summer transfer to seal our pathetic fate...

The air of positiveness around milanfan makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. biggrin.gif
fahad
how does that look
http://milannews.it/storage/img_notizie/th...323158ronal.JPG
redbabies
QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 5 2008, 01:17 PM)

close to perfection tongue.gif
Portman
QUOTE (fahad @ Apr 5 2008, 01:17 PM)

He looks like a fag with that bandana.
agenth
smile.gif It does seem we won't sign him, at least I read Braida promised not to sign him, lolz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.