Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maldini: Considering Newcastle Move
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 07/08
Bluesummers
Maldini 'Considering Newcastle Move'
AC Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has revealed he's mulling over whether to join English outfit Newcastle United in the summer after the Magpies made him an offer.

The 39-year-old defender has spent his entire career with the Rossoneri, but having said he would retire at the end of this season appears to be having second thoughts.

Wholesale changes are expected at Milan over the summer, however, with last weekend's 2-1 home defeat to Atalanta the final straw, and Maldini has been told he won't be appearing for the club next season no matter who the coach is. cry.gif

Milan want to move towards more youthful players and it appears Maldini is willing to abandon his status as a one-club man in order to keep playing for another season.

Reports surfaced on Monday that Newcastle United had made the five-time European Cup winner an offer for next season, with boss Kevin Keegan feeling Maldini's experience could help sure up things in the Magpies' defence.

"It's true that Newcastle have been in touch," confirmed Maldini yesterday. "It's certainly an interesting offer and one I won't rule out just yet.

"My only regret in my career is that I've never had the chance to play abroad and this would be a terrific opportunity to play in the Premier League for a massive club," added the defender, who admits to being extremely impressed by Newcastle's run in last season's Intertoto Cup.

blink.gif sad.gif
KillerMax
Oh COME ON!!
Tennie
Bah.

Our hoax articles were BETTER.

96.gif 96.gif 96.gif Thank you and a plate of cookies to both Fillipo and Acid911 for the amusing articles!
m1ke
Hah! This was on Goal.com wasn't it?
Bluesummers
hahaha tongue.gif
whoarethepatriots
Right...

Whats the date again April ...
misha
They could have done better than that
dst
HUBRIS!!! Curse you all at goal.com!!!! devil.gif
august_milan
this article is just a april fools joke, the name of the person who wrote the article is: April Fool, Goal.com. If anyone noticed biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 1 2008, 08:08 PM)
Bah.
Our hoax articles were BETTER.
Thank you and a plate of cookies to both Fillipo and Acid911 for the amusing articles!

Why, thank you, Tennie. I was aiming for a much more humorous article than the one I put up, you know the possibilities of humor with Berlusconi. tongue.gif But I decided on creating a regular one, just to keep it real, and the hoax factor going.

And oh, yeah, this article is not the usual quality of Goal.com. Reckon they put this up in a hurry. If ever Maldini wanted to leave for another club/league (blasphemously speaking, of course innocent.gif), he'd still be courteous enough to mention Milan at least once.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 1 2008, 08:14 PM)
Why, thank you, Tennie. I was aiming for a much more humorous article than the one I put up, you know the possibilities of humor with Berlusconi. tongue.gif But I decided on creating a regular one, just to keep it real, and the hoax factor going.

And oh, yeah, this article is not the usual quality of Goal.com. Reckon they put this up in a hurry. If ever Maldini wanted to leave for another club/league (blasphemously speaking, of course innocent.gif), he'd still be courteous enough to mention Milan at least once.

haha yours was very realistic. I thought it was actually real.
acid911
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 2 2008, 08:15 AM)
haha yours was very realistic.  I thought it was actually real.

Ha, you should have seen the sketch of the humorous one I was planning earlier. Depending on how we fare at the end of the season, I might get around posting that one too. But not in the main news section.

Hehe, press conference of Silvo Berlusconi while he's on drugs! devil.gif unsure.gif
Warchant
April Fools is over...locked
Zed.D
^^

I think you forgot to lock it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.